gandalf v harry potter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
if you can have a tread for Gandalf v voldemorth they why not this?
I belive Gandlf will still win over harry potter

big grin

Elessea
It all depends. Since Harry can apparently beat everyone in the world with a simple "Expelliarmus" than maybe he'd win stick out tongue

Though they both "died" in a sense and came back to life. Which is an interesting comparisoin.

I do realize I never answered the question...but whatever.

(Obviously, I kid.)

The Secret Fire
Hahaha!! *SIGH* Here we go again... messed

Gandalf would still cane. Just think: The most powerful character in HP: Harry Potter VS The most powerful character in LotR: Eru/Illuvatar. There's far more powerful things than Gandalf in LotR, and when compared to the most powerul in HP it simply doesn't compare.

Gandalf fo liyfe! stick out tongue

ensatsu-ken
Harry Potter could win if he used the Elder Wand stick out tongue . But, other than that, Gandalf would own his ass cool .

hereatlast
I think the Elder Wand has very little to do with defeating Gandalf.

Melcórë
Uh....Gandalf was pretty much an "angel," so....yeah, methinks Harry would be subject to mass PWNage.

Elessea
But harry can die and come back to life too! stick out tongue So maybe they're both immortal, and it'll be just like that battel between Jack and Barbossa in PotC one, and they'll be stuck dueling foreverrrrrr. (Huzzah! I just put my three favorite fandoms into the same analogy. big grin)

(even though Rowling said that he never technically "died". Psh.)

Melcórë
stick out tongue

exanda kane
Coolmovies: Come on!

suncrafter
Gandalf

vanice
harry. avada kedavra is an instant kill spell. gandalf is NOT immortal so he will probably perish. but it's two complete different worlds. it's like comparing the hulk with spiderman..

Elessea
Originally posted by vanice
harry. avada kedavra is an instant kill spell. gandalf is NOT immortal so he will probably perish. but it's two complete different worlds. it's like comparing the hulk with spiderman..

But there are occassions where Avada Kedavera has been avoided (ie. harry lived through it twice)

Also, even in the Potter universe, there are shield spells, and deflection spells, and things that can be used to avoid the killing curse. I am positive Gandalf has equally useful skills that can help him deflect a curse should the need be there.

Melcórë
He's bloody Angel! He's got God on his side! stick out tongue

Elessea
How do you know "God" of the Potter-verse isn't on Harry's side? Somebody's obviously looking out for him, considering he's survived the killing curse directly twice, was lucky enough to make priori incantantem (sp) just in the nick of time, with EXPELLIARMUS of all things to save his life then, has fawkes to appear at the right time always to save his life, And everything always happens just exactly perfectly for him when his life is in danger, and is the luckiest person in the entire series. He's probably lucky enough that he could like, fill up a vial of his blood and it would be just as useful as Felix Felicis.

((Please Don't take offence of anything I say here, really. 95% of the stuff I post, in this thread especially, is sarcastic, and should be taken with a grain of salt. I just like to play devil's advocate stick out tongue))

The Secret Fire
How do we know who the God of HP is? (if there is even one)

Gandalf is almost as old as the universe (in Tolkiens world obviously) itself, so he also has more wisdom (among other things) than HP has in his little finger. This, undoubtedly would aid him in squishing that runt.

rolling on floor laughing Squish, squish, squish..

Blax_Hydralisk
I'm.. not even going to get into this.

Akhnar
Lol Gandalf is the most powerful one in LOTR becuz no one could defeat the balrog but him and hes the only one that could make the nazguls dissapear and can beat them but in the movie they dont let him use all his powers until he was fighting the balrog when he strikes him with his lightning.And Gandalf can use spells with saying any magical word like HP.So I think Gandalf is much better than HP.LOL!!!!!

coolmovies
gandalf can be HP grandad lolz

The Secret Fire
"HP grandad"? huh

hamboy
Gadalf in a stomp.

The Secret Fire
..Yea I don't get that huh

Blax_Hydralisk

"HP grandad lolz"= Harry Potter's grandfather laugh out loud.

The Secret Fire
Originally posted by coolmovies
gandalf can be HP grandad lolz

Originally posted by hamboy
Gadalf in a stomp.

Um don't mean to be anal but if he meant HP's grandad he would have added the ' and s. (but he didn't)

hamboy
Originally posted by The Secret Fire
Um don't mean to be anal but if he meant HP's grandad he would have added the ' and s. (but he didn't)

My post has nothing to do with coolmovies post. I was stating that Gandalf beats Hary in a stomp. (In other words, really easily.)

Discos
yeah harry potter knows about 5 spells,

Gandalf totally owned Saruman and slayed a bleeding Balrog.

coolmovies
HP is powerfull i think he killed voldermort ?

Discos
wow....only took him 7books or something to do it.

HP is probably powerful, but I am putting him down in this topic as he is against Gandalf.

Gandalf was ranked #1 best wizard in history by some magazine, HP came 3rd, Dumbledorf came 2nd

Discos - Gandalf would nail Dumble as well,

Bigon
hmmm Gandalf and Dumbledore are too generic to be exemplary though.

The Secret Fire
No I don't think Gandalf is, Bigon. Tolkien certainly made him an archetypical wizard in a lot of aspects, but still water runs deep, and if you look a bit closer at Gandalf he is more than most typical wizards.

addicted2flicks
now this would be nice to see... a crossover... between the staff and the wand... battle against two generations... rolling on floor laughing

Antaeus
Harry Potter has no chance against Gandalf.

coolmovies
Harry can hide in special clothes cant he?

Kelly_Bean
Gandalf.

ESB -1138
Gandalf the GREY pwns the wizard wanna be

Silent Guardian
Harry bends over and Gandalf gives him the staff embarrasment

Serious Impact
Gandalf with ease.

Jayrock205
gandalf would murder harry, wtf kind of thread is this lol

Placidity
Gandalf owns cause he has a beard.

HoldenCaulfield
Gandalf.

Incanus
Gandalf walks up to Harry, sticks Glamdring in his gut, burnshim, and he has shishkebab! eek!

Rogue Jedi
I only saw LOTR once, but from I remember, Gandalf rapes.

Dr Will Hatch
Gandalf is a ****ing demi god. He would beat Reeves Superman and Doctor Manhattan.

Morgromir
gandalf duh harry is okay but gandalf has seen and fought things harry couldnt imagine harry wouldnt be able to kll saruman or even a balrog!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.