So is Elektra the un-official sequel to daredevil?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Even though many hate ben affleck, and hated daredevil in general, I would have liked more movies even if they recasted the roles.

However it seems the closest we got was elektra, and we all know how that turned out

ragesRemorse
I look at it as a spinoff.

i didnt mind daredevil. Had they not introduced the elktra aspect. We may have had a good movie

roughrider
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I look at it as a spinoff.

i didnt mind daredevil. Had they not introduced the elktra aspect. We may have had a good movie

Yeah, spinoff.

I was suprised they didn't get on a Daredevil sequel - it did far better at the box office than Elektra or the Punisher, yet sequels eventually started to follow. All three got bad reviews, though - deservedly.
I just remember Avi Arad talking about starting over with Daredevil, like they eventually did with the Hulk. I agree with that. The first film was trying to be a lower-grade Spider Man, when the tone should have been much closer to Batman Begins; more real and streetwise, like the runs by Frank Miller & Brian Michael Bendis showed.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by roughrider
The first film was trying to be a lower-grade Spider Man, when the tone should have been much closer to Batman Begins; more real and streetwise, like the runs by Frank Miller & Brian Michael Bendis showed.

The first twenty minutes of the film was actually gritty and dark. I remember being quite surprised when i first went to see the movie. It seemed as though, the direction of the action was going to take on a realistic execution complimented by a human study of what it takes to be a super hero. This pace of direction, however, shifted gear with the intorduction of Elektra and the horrid adaptation of Bullseye. The movie became more like you say, a whimsical love story with spiderman like inspired story telling. Also, micheal duncan may have looked the part, but he is a shit actor. Even to shitty for a comic book movie. Please stop casting this man in movies with potential

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
The first twenty minutes of the film was actually gritty and dark. I remember being quite surprised when i first went to see the movie. It seemed as though, the direction of the action was going to take on a realistic execution complimented by a human study of what it takes to be a super hero. This pace of direction, however, shifted gear with the intorduction of Elektra and the horrid adaptation of Bullseye. The movie became more like you say, a whimsical love story with spiderman like inspired story telling. Also, micheal duncan may have looked the part, but he is a shit actor. Even to shitty for a comic book movie. Please stop casting this man in movies with potential

The directors cut of daredevil is a lot better, the love story dosn't even happen in that one for the most part.

I just watch elektra for the first time ever tonight.

Honestly it wasn't as bad as I have been hearing, not by a mile actually.

The only thing i didn't like about it, was that I though it was a little too far fetched, even for a comic movie.

It was a large transition from this lonley rich girl with a mafia father who gets killed in one movie-to this immortal/spirtual zen like figure with existentionalst super powers

Accel
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I'm sorry.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I like Jennifer Garner, but Elektra was pure shiite. The story was crap. That actor from ER should stay right on television. Marvel should find another studio and reboot this the proper way.

ragesRemorse
The directors cut of daredevil is a lot better, the love story dosn't even happen in that one for the most part.

Honestly it wasn't as bad as I have been hearing, not by a mile actually.

The only thing i didn't like about it, was that I though it was a little too far fetched, even for a comic movie.

It was a large transition from this lonley rich girl with a mafia father who gets killed in one movie-to this immortal/spirtual zen like figure with existentionalst super powers

i will have to check out the Directors cut.

I agree, Elektra wasnt that bad. The story and direction was a bit sloppy at times, but it is a most watchable comic book movie. Better than Ghost rider, rise of the silver surfer, catwoman and many other recent comic book adaptations

[BAW]Endrict
They should remake both of them and state they these two are a mistake to the fans.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Endrict
They should remake both of them and state they these two are a mistake to the fans.

I agree with that. Personally, I think Daredevil is one of the best comic book series ever. I was so pissed off with how they handled that movie.

Wolfie
I liked both movies.

Endrict Nuul
It's a spin off and like DD it sucked.

They could have made DD really good. I think they should make a remake of DD to redeem the movie name. If Nolan was working on it or have Brubaker do a movie script.....it would be awesome. ALSO GET RID OF THAT TWIT AFFLECK and get a real actor.

suprmanvsbatman
Yeah they could have got a much better actor and also I hate Jennifer Garner and she sucked in elektra lol

spidey-dude
Even though many hate ben affleck, and hated daredevil in general, I would have liked more movies even if they recasted the roles.

However it seems the closest we got was elektra, and we all know how that turned out elektra was the worst marvel movie so far. followed by xmen 3. personally i think it was the girl that ruined the movie.

ScarletSpeed
I hate Jennifer Garner no expression

jason maddox
I like Jennifer Garner as Elektra and I actually enjoyed both Daredevil and Elektra, they're my guilty pleasures

I also don't know how DD didn't get a sequel when Punisher did and by the looks of marketing they don't even care about Punisher 2

DD Directors Cut is amazing and if they do a sequel I'd love to have the screenplay written by Kevin Smith and the movie directed by Frank Miller

jinzin
I actually like Daredevil. I thought it was bad when I saw it in theatres but I bought it and Elektra for 10 bucks the other day.. I felt dirty for using money to get those at first but they're really growing on me, they're not as horrible as I remember them. Maybe my expectations then were to high set by X2 and the Spiderman movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.