Master Chief runs the Doom Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
It's simple enough. Master Chief has to survive the denziens of Hell from the first Doom to Doom 3.

Will Master Chief survive?

Violent2Dope
Lol...maybe...on second thought, yes if the story goes the same.

Csdabest
if they share the same pis but either way......

Sniper rifle to the face

HEADSHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Csdabest
if they share the same pis but either way......

Sniper rifle to the face

HEADSHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, forgot to mention that Master Chief has to survive using the weapons found only in Doom, not Halo.

Csdabest
Easily modifyablle.

Shotgun to the face.

HEADSHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkstorm Zero
That may work on anything up to and including a pinky demon/bulldog demon, but anything higher and it would then depend on who outlasts who.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
That may work on anything up to and including a pinky demon/bulldog demon, but anything higher and it would then depend on who outlasts who.

And the last time I checked the Cyberdemon was at least three stories tall in Doom 3.

grey fox
If a single ordinary Space Marine can do it. MC most definitely can.

Csdabest
Jump+Shotgun to the face=HEADSHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burning thought
i dont know, if its exactley the same corridors, scripted environments and PIS for the demons then i cant see them winning against chief since as has been said, if a marine can go through it, MC who is enhanced far beyond the Doom guys is not going to have much problems, however...

and no..shotgun to the face wont work on Cyberdemons since as weve found out, invulerable to anything but the soul cube, i think MC is going to be having extra difficulty with last boss of resussrection, Cyberdemons and possibly some of the other high end bosses before Doom 3

Diamond Kisses
Clearly he clears it stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
I say yes, but he won't be the same again.

Burning thought
not neccerily, i mean he doesnt have access to a lot of things like armour and some of the special magic shards and such and pickups you get as the marine, MC isnt going to sit there and remove his spartan armour to put this new stuff on and shielding, then you have to take into account MC dies from one rocket launcher, the marine with his armour and such survives many rockets.

Diamond Kisses
MC does not die from a rocket launcher ermm

In multiplayer, the average spartan dies from a rocket launcher. In gameplay he dies from a rocket launcher shot, because it is supposed to be a challenge.

In high-resolution videos, he fall from space down onto earth and crash straight into the soil, creating a crater from the impact before slowly getting up and being in top shape with barely scratches on his armor ermm

Burning thought
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
MC does not die from a rocket launcher ermm

In multiplayer, the average spartan dies from a rocket launcher. In gameplay he dies from a rocket launcher shot, because it is supposed to be a challenge.

In high-resolution videos, he fall from space down onto earth and crash straight into the soil, creating a crater from the impact before slowly getting up and being in top shape with barely scratches on his armor ermm

hmm i have not played Halo 2 and 3 so i probably wouldnt know about those things, i only know from certain gameplay vids how easily spartans can die, but anyway i dont see him pulling it through easily if he does pull it through, theres parts where all sorts of crazy things happen in Doom and the rockets come out like machineguns on Cyberdemon, i dont see MC if theres no dumb A.I for the Doom creatures pulling it through easily

(can i see this vid of him falling?)

Diamond Kisses
WARNING: SPOILER!

Nl0JNkbPVc4

Diamond Kisses
Put it like this then: Would the Doom main character be capable of completing the Halo games? We also have him take a direct hit from a falling Warthog in high speed raver

Neo Darkhalen
Ohhhhhhh, that is bad.

Burning thought
WARNING: SPOILER!

Nl0JNkbPVc4

cool, although to be fair when you said it i was imagining he was unharmed but he was pretty banged up to a degree and he only fell about 2km (okie its a long way to fall but its not exactley far considering the distance between space and the ground, does he actually fall from space?, the distance between ground and atmopshere being 2 km..hmm)

so that doesnt neccerily mean he could survive several rockets or many fired at incredible rate of fire

Put it like this then: Would the Doom main character be capable of completing the Halo games? We also have him take a direct hit from a falling Warthog in high speed raver

no becuase then hed just be a normal marine, he needs powerups in doom to win and would need the same in Halo, since he doesnt have a suit like MC its an unfair comparison, give him all his armour and one or two powerups from Doom to use and his BFG and Soulcube and he could

Diamond Kisses
The ship falls from space and he jumps out when it is at that specific speed. Which means he pick up the result of speed from a drop from space. He was not at all pretty banged, as he got up and was fully capable of doing all the things he normally could do. He was a little stale the first moments, but recovered really quick. And the marine did just a quick judgement. He did not know how far he fell

"Two kilometers easy!"

As in, at the very least two kilometers. For all we know, it could have been twice as far or more.

Of course he could not survive multiple rockets just like that, but you speak as if he would walk straight into them. His shield recover after a short period of time and he is quicker, stronger, more agile, smarter and more endurant than the Doom main character. He also have dodged missiles and rockets before, without effort.

This is the guy who can woop brute and covenant asses in hand-to-hand. He who flip Scorpions and can run miles without breaking a sweat.

Diamond Kisses
Unfair comparison or not, the thread is made the way it is made and that is it. A Master Chief would be more than capable of pulling Doom trough.

Burning thought
Of course he could not survive multiple rockets just like that, but you speak as if he would walk straight into them. His shield recover after a short period of time and he is quicker, stronger, more agile, smarter and more endurant than the Doom main character. He also have dodged missiles and rockets before, without effort.

This is the guy who can woop brute and covenant asses in hand-to-hand. He who flip Scorpions and can run miles without breaking a sweat.

ofcourse he wont walk into them, but his speed and strength do little good in Doom corridors, hes not going to be able to run miles in Doom corridors, their so packed in and close together hed be lucky to spread his legs at all, the likelyness of him without the Doom powerups taking on hordes of pinky demons, cyberdemons while escaping from rocket fire is unlikely and the denizens of hell dont care about killing their own. Also yes he is all those things, but in-game the Doom character is able to pull through while your playing thanks to dumb A.I wheras if the A.I was not excistent and it was a true battle, monsters would not be sitting in little square boxes waiting to open to jump out, he also has the advantage of Doom powerups, wheras half of them MC would not "know" how to use and a lot of them he wouldnt be able to use, like certain armours, special devices.

his strength would not do him much could, i mean sure he can H2H a pinkdemon but while hes doing that 5 imps could be laying the smackdown on him, a cyberdemon could be launchign rockets while a mancubus is coming from behind wth double plasma cannons (which are like twice the size of fuelrods and fire at incredible speed)

Diamond Kisses
Why would he not be capable of using the devices and power-ups?

There is more to Master Chief than an A.I. Trough large parts of II and the entire III he manage WITHOUT an A.I and directions.

Physical strength is more than just punches. He could tackle his way trough loads of demons and at the same time steer his weapons and close-combat skills.

Have you played any Doom? It is far from only narrow paths and slim hallways. Master Chief also jump higher than the Doom character and can access to other planes without having to use elevator and such. He is advanced in both strategical and combat situations and he is not stupid enough to run into a hallway that is crowded with rocketlauncher demons and such.

He is also smart enough to make sure no opponent appear him from behind. You speak of Master Chief like he is a dumb marine with special powers. While in real talk, he is a living, tactical, superadvance computer with special physical and mental powers. Along with a special formed Mjolnir armor that allows him to resist damage even from falls over two kilometers tall, to get up without a scratch and only a few seconds of trouble before being fully recovered.

No normal person would ever be capable of surviving such a fall, not even with his armor. The fall would damage both the inside and the structure of the body, even if the armor stayed intact. His body is far beyond a human.

Burning thought
Why would he not be capable of using the devices and power-ups?

There is more to Master Chief than an A.I. Trough large parts of II and the entire III he manage WITHOUT an A.I and directions.

Physical strength is more than just punches. He could tackle his way trough loads of demons and at the same time steer his weapons and close-combat skills.

Have you played any Doom? It is far from only narrow paths and slim hallways. Master Chief also jump higher than the Doom character and can access to other planes without having to use elevator and such. He is advanced in both strategical and combat situations and he is not stupid enough to run into a hallway that is crowded with rocketlauncher demons and such.

He is also smart enough to make sure no opponent appear him from behind. You speak of Master Chief like he is a dumb marine with special powers. While in real talk, he is a living, tactical, superadvance computer with special physical and mental powers. Along with a special formed Mjolnir armor that allows him to resist damage even from falls over two kilometers tall, to get up without a scratch and only a few seconds of trouble before being fully recovered.

No normal person would ever be capable of surviving such a fall, not even with his armor. The fall would damage both the inside and the structure of the body, even if the armor stayed intact. His body is far beyond a human.

because a lot of the powerups require skin administration, MC is covered in basically all armour, so either he would have to take off some armour to use the powerup which would make him vulerable while hes doing it, wheras a Marine from Doom uses varying degrees of shileding imo greater than MC shield by far and still has skin showing so he can administer special kits and powerups.

ive played all the dooms lol, most of the areas especially Doom 3 are cramped, their not going to give him enough room to run thats for sure, there are a few large areas where he may get some running in but apart from that, hes unlikely to build any momentum. And its not stupidity, how would MC know theres all those demons round there, infact he cant because Demons can just teleport in half the time, behind and in front, its my turn to ask have you played Doom games?

MC smart enough to make sure theres nothing behind him, read above teleportation point, also he doesnt have any time of special awareness, he just uses technology and his own training, which the Doom marine has....yes thanks to teleportation and the way the monsters are theres easily ways he could be smothered with demons. And he doesnt get up without effort, his armour from that fall gets locked not to menstion he seems offline for a good minute or so after his fall.

infact come to think of it, there are special boots i think in one of the dooms, may be doom 2 or the first one that allow you to bounce and fall from any distance and you dont get damaged through falling damage

Neo Darkhalen
That is true, MC has different weapons and his shield, and he is very smart.

Diamond Kisses
I have played Doom, yes.

Exactly. He is offline, after falling over two kilometers. He will not be falling two kilometers in the Doom games, that is for sure.

What makes you think the shield of the Doom character is stronger than Master Chief's shield?

Master Chief has a near instant reaction time and his accuracy is near perfect. He is also smart and after fighting the monsters he would learn their weaknesses. With perfect percision, near zero reaction time and with analyzed weaknesses, Master Chief would slaughter his way trough Doom.

Neo Darkhalen
That is true... wait who were you speaking to DK?

SpadeKing

he is basically like the UNSC soldiers except braver erm

Diamond Kisses
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
That is true... wait who were you speaking to DK?

Burning Thought stick out tongue

Originally posted by SpadeKing
he is basically like the UNSC soldiers except braver erm

My thought exactly smile

Neo Darkhalen
much Braver.

Diamond Kisses
Braver, but much braver is pushing it. The reason the UNSC do not do what Master Chief does is because they can not. The edge between stupidity and bravery is a fine line and if the marines were going to try what Master Chief does, it is stupidity because they can not. When Master Chief does it, I consider it bravery because he is capable of doing it. The UNSC can be just as brave, just not capable of doing it. And then, not doing it can be bravery in itself, because then they life trough and is capable of continue fighting the war big grin

Neo Darkhalen
... I like the wars.

Burning thought
I have played Doom, yes.

Exactly. He is offline, after falling over two kilometers. He will not be falling two kilometers in the Doom games, that is for sure.

What makes you think the shield of the Doom character is stronger than Master Chief's shield?

Master Chief has a near instant reaction time and his accuracy is near perfect. He is also smart and after fighting the monsters he would learn their weaknesses. With perfect percision, near zero reaction time and with analyzed weaknesses, Master Chief would slaughter his way trough Doom.

no, hell get shot many times with rockets, you cant possibly belive hes going to be able to dodge every rocket, plasma blast etc etc that attacks him, you would be very much mistaken in that respect, since as i said before, the areas in Doom are very small, one rocket can fill a corridor, fired at a rapid rate of fire will see MC dead.

MC's shield has shown little resistence afaik, i mean in the games he gets 1 or 2 shotted in seconds, the Doom character can survive many rockets, and thats all we can go by for the Doom shields, since in Cinematics you dont get attacked or shielding does not come into play.

these things wont help him against the amount of foes he could be up against, imp blasts, pinky demons comeing throughout the corridors, his speed, strength and intellect will not help him when a load of arch viles teleport in to rip him apart with their magic, Mancubuses. Also in Resurrection theres a beast that can time control if ime not mistaken. He would eventually die because the aritfacts and special objects in doom he will not be able to use, i cant imagine MC stopping at every data console and such reading all the information to learn how to use certain objects, then theres the fact if this is a real battle not including dumb monster AI then they wont be allowing him to just pause the game and read the things, hell be attacked before he can possibly read anything. Nor would his tactically intelligent mind not think of stopping to read random information, theres no way he could realise it as useful even if he had the time to take it, he would know that stopping could be the end of him.

One stray Hellknight or Mancubus blast=Masterchief in over his head.

SpadeKing
Braver, but much braver is pushing it. The reason the UNSC do not do what Master Chief does is because they can not. The edge between stupidity and bravery is a fine line and if the marines were going to try what Master Chief does, it is stupidity because they can not. When Master Chief does it, I consider it bravery because he is capable of doing it. The UNSC can be just as brave, just not capable of doing it. And then, not doing it can be bravery in itself, because then they life trough and is capable of continue fighting the war big grin

what about that one marine who lost it on the flood level?

Originally posted by Burning thought
no, hell get shot many times with rockets, you cant possibly belive hes going to be able to dodge every rocket, plasma blast etc etc that attacks him, you would be very much mistaken in that respect, since as i said before, the areas in Doom are very small, one rocket can fill a corridor, fired at a rapid rate of fire will see MC dead.

MC's shield has shown little resistence afaik, i mean in the games he gets 1 or 2 shotted in seconds, the Doom character can survive many rockets, and thats all we can go by for the Doom shields, since in Cinematics you dont get attacked or shielding does not come into play.

these things wont help him against the amount of foes he could be up against, imp blasts, pinky demons comeing throughout the corridors, his speed, strength and intellect will not help him when a load of arch viles teleport in to rip him apart with their magic, Mancubuses. Also in Resurrection theres a beast that can time control if ime not mistaken. He would eventually die because the aritfacts and special objects in doom he will not be able to use, i cant imagine MC stopping at every data console and such reading all the information to learn how to use certain objects, then theres the fact if this is a real battle not including dumb monster AI then they wont be allowing him to just pause the game and read the things, hell be attacked before he can possibly read anything. Nor would his tactically intelligent mind not think of stopping to read random information, theres no way he could realise it as useful even if he had the time to take it, he would know that stopping could be the end of him.

One stray Hellknight or Mancubus blast=Masterchief in over his head.

well I don't know many humans who can survive rocket shots ermm

anyway I say chief finds the cube thing or whatever it was, kill the boss guy (never finished the doom 3 game...) and nukes the entire facility

Burning thought
Originally posted by SpadeKing

well I don't know many humans who can survive rocket shots ermm

anyway I say chief finds the cube thing or whatever it was, kill the boss guy (never finished the doom 3 game...) and nukes the entire facility

what do you mean by this statement, the marine in Doom cannot survive rocket shots normally, but he has many shields, theres shields all over the place in Doom, unfortunatley for MC, he is unlikely to be able to use them since their based around body armour

nah, MC dies at Cyberdemons for sure, in Doom 2 theres 2 of the guys, and there is not even a soul cube, but the main one at the end of Doom 3 can only be harmed by soul cube...how will chief know how to use it?, how will he have enough time to take out the Cyberdemon before hes toast by rockets, the thing launches them rapid fire and if ime assuming this is a proper battle without game mechanics it wont get stuck on the other side of the map

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by grey fox
If a single ordinary Space Marine can do it. MC most definitely can.

Eg-freakin'-zackly.
The Chief> ten of those space marines. This will be a cakewalk for the Chief. And if the storyline is the same then the Chief'll definently clear it.

Diamond Kisses
Considered the fact that the rockets of Doom might be weaker than the Halo rockets?

Master Chief > Cyberdemon!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/Circlestrafing_animation.gif

Blax_Hydralisk
Also true.

Burning thought
Considered the fact that the rockets of Doom might be weaker than the Halo rockets?

Master Chief > Cyberdemon!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/Circlestrafing_animation.gif

rockets in Doom weaker than halo? according to what, have you considered rockets in Halo may be 100 times weaker than Doom rockets? no theres nothing to state this...

thats innacurate, the only weapon that can harm the demon is Soulcube which needs the soul of 3 enemies, that can only be taken one at a time, while hes messing about with this, a plethora of rockets could easily hit him, the Cyberdemons rate of fire and explosion radious is great

Diamond Kisses
Halo rockets give out a 'BOOM' while Doom rockets give out a 'BANG' and Halo rockets cover a larger area with their explosion than the Doom explosions do stick out tongue

And where did you get this idea that only the Soul Cube can destroy a Cyberdemon? Along with the idea that Master Chief would not be able to use it? It makes things easier, but it is not required.

Remindme
MC dies, realistically the only gun game hero would might be able to pull it off would be duke nukem...might, and thats with his weapon set

Blax_Hydralisk
Really? Then why did the random space marine clear it?

Burning thought
Halo rockets give out a 'BOOM' while Doom rockets give out a 'BANG' and Halo rockets cover a larger area with their explosion than the Doom explosions do stick out tongue

And where did you get this idea that only the Soul Cube can destroy a Cyberdemon? Along with the idea that Master Chief would not be able to use it? It makes things easier, but it is not required.

stick out tongue what halo rockets, the normal rocket launcher ones dont equel Cyberdemons rockets

its a fact (unless a patch has changed it) that only soul cube can defeat the cyberdemon, takes 4 cubes to kill him i think, and MC using a magic item? very unlikely, the only reason the Doom character does is i think something happens to the guy, i havnt played it in ages tho but i thought he gets something happen to him making him not 100% human anymore. The Doom guy also already had tonnes of knowledge on the artifact.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Really? Then why did the random space marine clear it?

random? he is no more random than MC is....all his aritfacts and things he gains throughout the games make him a lot more powerful than MC i belive, he has all sorts of powers by the end of Resurrection.

Neo Darkhalen
Tactics must be applied.

Blax_Hydralisk
The Master Chief could > ten space marines man erm He has super strength, speed, and agility.

And the thread creator said that thsi is basically DOOM but with MC instead of a random space marine, meaning he'd get all that power/knowledge as well.

Diamond Kisses
random? he is no more random than MC is....all his aritfacts and things he gains throughout the games make him a lot more powerful than MC i belive, he has all sorts of powers by the end of Resurrection.

No more random than MC? The Doom character is a normal human while Master Chief is a super-soldier that is geneticly manipulated. His mind is as advance as a super-computer and you think the marine does better?

Basic MC > > > > > > > Basic Doom character and now he is running trough that as well. He will get the same artifacts as the Doom character. You are talking about the fully enchanted Doom character and comparing him to Master Chief with his mere basics.

Remindme
Flynn > MC

Burning thought
the marine is manipulated with magic and his artifacts, MC would never think of stopping to read all the information nor would he get time. MC coud never use all the artifacts, half the artifacts are amplifies that go in your skin and some of them seem to have to touch some flesh, i mean its not like MC's suit is going to be able to gain the powerup..since hes fully covered its his suit that will be touching the powerup, so for him to gain any of the major ones he better fight with a glove missing from his suit..which ofc could be dangerous.

This is not a fight of Marine VS doom so MC>Marine>Doom.....this is Imps, hellknights and what not against MC, and Cyberdemon,Mancubus and all these other horrors at once>>>>>MC, he just wouldbt be quick or strong enough to defeat enough enemies before the next load.

hed get smothered in Cherubs and cut down lol

Neo Darkhalen
I agree with BT, about the power up.

Darth Extecute
the marine is manipulated with magic and his artifacts, MC would never think of stopping to read all the information nor would he get time. MC coud never use all the artifacts, half the artifacts are amplifies that go in your skin and some of them seem to have to touch some flesh, i mean its not like MC's suit is going to be able to gain the powerup..since hes fully covered its his suit that will be touching the powerup, so for him to gain any of the major ones he better fight with a glove missing from his suit..which ofc could be dangerous.

This is not a fight of Marine VS doom so MC>Marine>Doom.....this is Imps, hellknights and what not against MC, and Cyberdemon,Mancubus and all these other horrors at once>>>>>MC, he just wouldbt be quick or strong enough to defeat enough enemies before the next load.

hed get smothered in Cherubs and cut down lol

If doomguy fight without even near as much armor as MC, I'm sure MC could spare a glove or two, along with possibly helmet and shoes and still be in base more protected than doomguy.. And wth are you talking about that MC would never stop to read it? What makes you come to this conclusion? As mentioned by several before me, he's superintelligent.. his mind is like.. at least ten times more advance than doomguys.. and this is without Cortana.. if he get Cortana along, he get even more advance at mind..
And from where do you get the thought that he actually need to attach the boosts to his skin? Not that it's any problems for him to remove helmet, attach and then put helmet back on.. even though I strongly believe they effect his armor alone.. Since Doomguy can pick up an armor and still get himself boosts.. The boosts are magical enchantments and I strongly believe they effect armor as well as whats inside the armor.. I really cant see any reason why not..

Not to mention that the Doom creatures/mosters/enemies are dumb.. straight forward, no thinking and direct attacks.. They are even seen attacking eachother, which MC would learn to use as his own advantage.. With his intelligence ((That exceed doomguys)), along with ALL other advantages that he has.. he'll clear this with far more ease than doomguy..

Remindme
Two things:

1) Doomguy is called Flynn Taggart

2) I got the impression this was Master Chief vs the doom demons, not playing through the game, thus not getting all the items than makes Flynn super human. Otherwise thats like me saying, Sora vs Ganon, but sora must get the master sword, part of triforce etc.....

Diamond Kisses
I thought he fought it trough plot, trough storyline from beginning of the first game to the end of the third ermm

Burning thought
Originally posted by Darth Extecute
If doomguy fight without even near as much armor as MC, I'm sure MC could spare a glove or two, along with possibly helmet and shoes and still be in base more protected than doomguy.. And wth are you talking about that MC would never stop to read it? What makes you come to this conclusion? As mentioned by several before me, he's superintelligent.. his mind is like.. at least ten times more advance than doomguys.. and this is without Cortana.. if he get Cortana along, he get even more advance at mind..
And from where do you get the thought that he actually need to attach the boosts to his skin? Not that it's any problems for him to remove helmet, attach and then put helmet back on.. even though I strongly believe they effect his armor alone.. Since Doomguy can pick up an armor and still get himself boosts.. The boosts are magical enchantments and I strongly believe they effect armor as well as whats inside the armor.. I really cant see any reason why not..

Not to mention that the Doom creatures/mosters/enemies are dumb.. straight forward, no thinking and direct attacks.. They are even seen attacking eachother, which MC would learn to use as his own advantage.. With his intelligence ((That exceed doomguys)), along with ALL other advantages that he has.. he'll clear this with far more ease than doomguy..

the Doom guy uses a lot of shielding equipment, most of the armour has shields and in the first 2 games (not sure about doom 3) theres all sorts of powerups and MC wouldnt be able to use stimpacks and Medikits without opening his suit, the guy would end up breaking apart since theres no repair kits in Doom, so eventually throughout MC will end up without much of his suit. Being superintelligent and stopping to read something is completly diffrent, hes tactically intelligent super solider as people have said, he wouldnt think "lets go and read those science PDA's" its not in his character and is likely impossible due to the only way players can read PDAs on a high difficulty level is because when reading it pauses the game, this wont happen to chief, so the likelyness he will be able to read any of it, is unlikely.

theres no way the magic orbs and such would power up MC if he touched it with an armoured hand, you would need your body to touch it since most of them effect the marine that way, shooting the orbs doesnt do anything, going by the logic of MC suit being able to take the power of a object is similiar to saying shooting it will give the bullet the power of the artifact, which it ofcourse doesnt, they must be activated through the body of a being.

being dumb can be an advantage since someone smart and tactical may take into consideration loss of life of comrades, this means they may not be so bloodthirsty, ofcourse these demons will rampage at MC no worries and full power, mancubus could be especially dangerous

Remindme
I thought he fought it trough plot, trough storyline from beginning of the first game to the end of the third ermm

Well then your arguement is:

MC with all the benefits Flynn who is the real hero and completed it without MC's power/abilities VS Doom Demons......

which makes this thread kinda dumb

Diamond Kisses
That is exactly what I have been debating for no expression

Remindme
That is exactly what I have been debating for no expression

ohhhh embarrasment I agree with you then....

Darth Extecute
Why I do play warrior

Remindme
Why I do play warrior

hahaha nice lol, only got to level 13, that captain killed me 3 times sad

Playing priest atm, sorry for switching servers, but i'm more of a pvp maniac XD

level 32 in 3 days big grin people keep saying i level stupidly fast ^^'

Darth Extecute
the Doom guy uses a lot of shielding equipment, most of the armour has shields and in the first 2 games (not sure about doom 3) theres all sorts of powerups and MC wouldnt be able to use stimpacks and Medikits without opening his suit, the guy would end up breaking apart since theres no repair kits in Doom, so eventually throughout MC will end up without much of his suit. Being superintelligent and stopping to read something is completly diffrent, hes tactically intelligent super solider as people have said, he wouldnt think "lets go and read those science PDA's" its not in his character and is likely impossible due to the only way players can read PDAs on a high difficulty level is because when reading it pauses the game, this wont happen to chief, so the likelyness he will be able to read any of it, is unlikely.

theres no way the magic orbs and such would power up MC if he touched it with an armoured hand, you would need your body to touch it since most of them effect the marine that way, shooting the orbs doesnt do anything, going by the logic of MC suit being able to take the power of a object is similiar to saying shooting it will give the bullet the power of the artifact, which it ofcourse doesnt, they must be activated through the body of a being.

being dumb can be an advantage since someone smart and tactical may take into consideration loss of life of comrades, this means they may not be so bloodthirsty, ofcourse these demons will rampage at MC no worries and full power, mancubus could be especially dangerous

Not gonna dignify that with a response, since I'll mainly bring up things everyone already know..

Like for example, the point where MC stopped to study the log of a marine.. and the point where he used medkits.. What you mean, it's not in his character? What is his character then? What about his character makes him NOT read things he stumble across..

Originally posted by Remindme
hahaha nice lol, only got to level 13, that captain killed me 3 times sad

Playing priest atm, sorry for switching servers, but i'm more of a pvp maniac XD

level 32 in 3 days big grin people keep saying i level stupidly fast ^^'

It's cool.. but spinebreaker of all places no expression

shin_gear
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
It's simple enough. Master Chief has to survive the denziens of Hell from the first Doom to Doom 3.

Will Master Chief survive? If Flynn Taggart can do...I'm sure as hell Master Chief can, as Flynn is just some ordinary guy with shoddy armor.

Remindme
It's cool.. but spinebreaker of all places no expression

Hm? what wrong with it? i don't mind remaking tbh, not like it's hard to level ;p

Burning thought
Not gonna dignify that with a response, since I'll mainly bring up things everyone already know..

Like for example, the point where MC stopped to study the log of a marine.. and the point where he used medkits.. What you mean, it's not in his character? What is his character then? What about his character makes him NOT read things he stumble across..

yes but stopping to study PDA, first its unlikely i think, the monsters in Doom can come out of nowhere, teleport in, since hes so tactically minded hes not going to stop and start reading PDA's and if he tries the likelyness is hell get swarmed and killed from behind or suddenly from above. Then you have this little niggle..he uses medkits, ive played some of the games..but if this is a real fight which is i belive it is (not gameplay) hes going to have to actually sort out the medkit, you can just jump on a medical box and lose a cold or cough in real life, i cant wake up feeling groggy and suddenly jump on my medical cabinet and feel well again, chiefs then going to have to as i said open places on his armour or where its damaged to fix his body if its harmed and as i said before, none of his armour is going to be repaired throughout the whole of Doom.

Diamond Kisses
Chief is clearly being underestimated in this fight stick out tongue

Master Chief is ten-fold the Doom character in every area yes

Burning thought
you always say that, someone is being underestimated....

he is 10x in every area in his own world, but in the Doomverse, the medkits will be indiffrent to him, hes got no way to use some of the artifacts without endangering himself and is unlikely to be able to use medikits due to them being of diffrent make to Haloverse ones, hes not going to be able to jump on medikits to activate them, the fact that the Doom marine survives is actually all due to Gameplay i feel, i mean all through the game theres gameplay elements and CIS thousands of times over in the game.

Sabboth would one-shot MC, a big BFG ball of energy, even if MC escapes the initial ball, it fires out beams

Blax_Hydralisk
he is 10x in every area in his own world, but in the Doomverse, the medkits will be indiffrent to him

You don't need a med-kit when your armor is near unbreakable, you can lift 50 tons, and can move so fast that bullets move in slow motion to you.

game mechanics don't apply in vs. fights. And saying "well he's not going to read it", is, quite frankly, BS. Because he's going through the story mode he'd have the same knowledge as the Doom guy. And if you read the books you know that stuff like that is in the CHief's character. He's trained to gather as much data as he can, so any form of data he comes across, like a PDA, he'll read it. Also, the Chief A) Doesn't need to worry about dying quickly because his shields and armor can withstand twenty times more damage then the Doom guy's armor, and his shields regenerate constantly. And B) The Chief' has one of the most basic FPS technology ever, a radar. He will see the doom guys coming a mile away. Everything is in the Chief's favor.

Doubt it. The chief is faster and smarter, so it won't matter.

Burning thought
You don't need a med-kit when your armor is near unbreakable, you can lift 50 tons, and can move so fast that bullets move in slow motion to you.

game mechanics don't apply in vs. fights. And saying "well he's not going to read it", is, quite frankly, BS. Because he's going through the story mode he'd have the same knowledge as the Doom guy. And if you read the books you know that stuff like that is in the CHief's character. He's trained to gather as much data as he can, so any form of data he comes across, like a PDA, he'll read it. Also, the Chief A) Doesn't need to worry about dying quickly because his shields and armor can withstand twenty times more damage then the Doom guy's armor, and his shields regenerate constantly. And B) The Chief' has one of the most basic FPS technology ever, a radar. He will see the doom guys coming a mile away. Everything is in the Chief's favor.

Doubt it. The chief is faster and smarter, so it won't matter.

1. near unbreakable? according to what, can you actually "show" me the information that states his armours durability, falls 2 km is all good and well but it means nothing if a charged plasma blast smashes into you followed by many more. Slow mo bullets, thats another one id like to see about as well, if you can prove he can move at that speed ill concede

2. what do you mean game mechanics, i i menstioned them as an example of what wont happen, MC will not touch a medkit, there wont be enough time...only in-game can there possibly be enough time. Also wether he wants to read it or not is besides the point, theres Doom creatures round every corner, taking away game mechanics nad CIS, they will be on top of him before he tries to read anything. Prove they can withstand this, remember all ive seen is MC in games getting one shotted by a single fuel rod or two....dont just state something, please bakc up his durability.....no he wont see them all coming, some teleport so suddenly hell see many blips all over his radar appearing around him and will be smothered, his radar is useless.

how is being faster or smarter (unless you can prove he moves faster than bullets) but being smarter wont help him in the slightest....that BFG will vapourise Chief.

Blax_Hydralisk

Both of these are in the books. When the Chief first gets his armor and cyborg upgrades the UNSC decides to "test" them out by having

A) Multiple trained UNSC soldiers B) 50 millimeter turrets, and C) A jet fighter, all attack him. The Chief handles them all without too much of a sweat and remarks while he's fighting the soldiers (Note, there's like, seven of them all in a circle around him shooting at him and he's unarmed and manages to beat all of them.) that they and there appear appear to move in slow motion to him. He also times it just right so that when the jet fighter fires a missile at him he literally swats it away his hand. He also runs .9 kilometers in I think 19 seconds flat.

A) He doesn't need a medkit with near unbreakable armor and shields that constantly recharge. B) If he did need them he'd have plenty of time. All he has to do is kill all the enemies. Unlike the space marine the Chief will never get ambushed. He can see all his enemies before they even see him because of his motion sensor.

Already addressed. Look above.

Because Covenent weapons > Doom weapons. For example.

The monsters in the game that shoot at you tend to fire either human weapons, which are all inferior to covenant technology which fires beams that are hotter then the sun, and fireball stuff. The guy from Doom's armor is no where near as powerful or advanced as the Chief's armor, matter of fact his armor doesn't even cover his whole body. Yet, he can withstand multiple shots from all these weapons and keep fighting. If the space marine with inferior armor can withstand so many shots then so can Master Chief with his much more powerful armor, ya know, the one that protected SPARTANS from falling miles in the air? Do you know how much concussive force that is? Yet, some of the SPARTANS simply shrugged it off with sprained ankles. Spartan armor and shielding can also withstand many shots from plasma shots that are hotter then the sun erm

Nah, the Chief has fought off literally hundreds of flood at once. More tiems then I can count I've run into a room and my entire motion sensor was filled with red, only red, but I've fought them all off.

Simple, the Chief will do everything the space marine did, but better.

Sado-sama
Chief wins. We don't have to discuss this. 13

Diamond Kisses
There is no possible way for Chief not to win this, if that Doom character makes it.

You could strip Chief naked of his armor and he would still have a better chance of than the Doom character. Which, trough Burning Thought's logic he would since he can get the enchantments from the game that way and since he in basic is better than the Doom character in every area big grin

I do not understand how this can even be a debate no expression

Burning thought
Both of these are in the books. When the Chief first gets his armor and cyborg upgrades the UNSC decides to "test" them out by having

A) Multiple trained UNSC soldiers B) 50 millimeter turrets, and C) A jet fighter, all attack him. The Chief handles them all without too much of a sweat and remarks while he's fighting the soldiers (Note, there's like, seven of them all in a circle around him shooting at him and he's unarmed and manages to beat all of them.) that they and there appear appear to move in slow motion to him. He also times it just right so that when the jet fighter fires a missile at him he literally swats it away his hand. He also runs .9 kilometers in I think 19 seconds flat.

A) He doesn't need a medkit with near unbreakable armor and shields that constantly recharge. B) If he did need them he'd have plenty of time. All he has to do is kill all the enemies. Unlike the space marine the Chief will never get ambushed. He can see all his enemies before they even see him because of his motion sensor.

Already addressed. Look above.

Because Covenent weapons > Doom weapons. For example.

The monsters in the game that shoot at you tend to fire either human weapons, which are all inferior to covenant technology which fires beams that are hotter then the sun, and fireball stuff. The guy from Doom's armor is no where near as powerful or advanced as the Chief's armor, matter of fact his armor doesn't even cover his whole body. Yet, he can withstand multiple shots from all these weapons and keep fighting. If the space marine with inferior armor can withstand so many shots then so can Master Chief with his much more powerful armor, ya know, the one that protected SPARTANS from falling miles in the air? Do you know how much concussive force that is? Yet, some of the SPARTANS simply shrugged it off with sprained ankles. Spartan armor and shielding can also withstand many shots from plasma shots that are hotter then the sun erm

Nah, the Chief has fought off literally hundreds of flood at once. More tiems then I can count I've run into a room and my entire motion sensor was filled with red, only red, but I've fought them all off.

Simple, the Chief will do everything the space marine did, but better.

1. from what you said it makes him sound like hes saying the soldiers themselves were going slow motion, how would he possibly have a difficulty with fighting anything in the Haloverse if this was true.

(also are these books canon?)

A) near unbreakable, throughout the whole Doom game his armour isnt going to be unharmed at all, the blasts from the BFG and Mancubus guns are also Plasma weapons (infact the BFG fires something stronger than plasma) And as i said, he could easily get ambushed, teleportation, something the covenants rarely use especially not to teleport right next to chief.

Covenant weapons>doom weapons....all plasma weapons due to the plasma term are actually as hot as the sun..look above. Also beams hotter than the sun doesnt mean anything, lightnign strikes the earth hotter than the surface of the sun but the size of the impact and its speed means they are not actually comparable even if their heat does hit this temperature...The guy from doom can use various artefacts that negate MC armour advantage, MC wont be able to use any of them while covered in his armour. Now your bringing gameplay into it, Surviving multiple rockets as a human is gameplay unless you have a shield then that can be taken into account, sure MC will take several shots but they fire far more rapidly than anything in halo afaik, especialyl if the books weapons are like the games.

that doesnt mean anything, flood do not=hellknights and all kinds of various horrible doom baddies, not to menstion many of them use magic.

"the same the marine did but better", thats gameplay again, what the marine did is survive impossible odds due to Doom being mainly all gameplay, the BFG is a super large plasma ball that can shoot beams of plasma at enemies as the ball moves, when it hits it explodes causing more damage, MC will not survive a couple shots of this thing, if he can survive one, also it has to be mesntioned

the character in Doom can hold all weapons....due to gameplay, if ime right in understand this is not gameplay, then MC can only carry possibly 2/3 weapons....maybe 2 heavy weapons on his body at a time.

There is no possible way for Chief not to win this, if that Doom character makes it.

You could strip Chief naked of his armor and he would still have a better chance of than the Doom character. Which, trough Burning Thought's logic he would since he can get the enchantments from the game that way and since he in basic is better than the Doom character in every area big grin

I do not understand how this can even be a debate no expression

your obviously not taking into account a lot of things then if you cant see how it can be a debate, the Doom character is based entirely around gameplay as is the doom games, which is why he wins, if it was more realistic you could likely carry just one BFG and possibly one extra cell, in the game the marine can somehow carry every weapon, every object and tonnes of ammo....this is unrealistic, taking realism into this battle (unless ofcourse i mis understand and its all gameplay mechanics as well) then Chief "can" lose.

And yes i agree, strip Chief naked and hed have a better chance i think than if he had all his armour, his armour will limit him in the Doom universe, because without he can get all the Doom powerups.

Remindme
I say MC dies because in my mind he doesn't get the enchancements Flynn gets, giving him another game characters powers & his own is completely retarded.

MC with his gear is not enough to deal with armies of hell.

Halo bad guys are non compairable to Dooms, end of story.

Burning thought
I say MC dies because in my mind he doesn't get the enchancements Flynn gets, giving him another game characters powers & his own is completely retarded.

i agree, the covenant are not comparable to the legions of hell, who know no fear, grunts run for cover..even Elites do especialyl when you lob a grenade, unfortunatley for MC demons constantly close the gap.

Diamond Kisses

Maybe Halo enemies are not comparable to Cyberdemons, but what more indicate that the Doom units are better of than the covenants?

Burning thought
Maybe Halo enemies are not comparable to Cyberdemons, but what more indicate that the Doom units are better of than the covenants?

well as i said, Mancubuses are like brutes, only their a lot bigger and have two fuel rod like weapons that fire rapid, then you have teleporting enemies that have no fear whatsovever unlike grunts who run sometimes and are fairly cowardly.

Diamond Kisses
A lot bigger meaning....? And what makes them like brutes?

Burning thought
A lot bigger meaning....? And what makes them like brutes?

a lot bigger, their massive fat things that seem to be able to survive great amounts of weapon fire, grenades, plasma, rockets...it takes ages to kill them sometimes, ive had to expend entire mini gun clips into them or a BFG blast to kill em.

Their like brutes because brutes are like the big covenant creatures, using large plasma weapons (fuel rods i think their called) only Mancubus have double plasma guns one on each arm and shoot very quickly, where brutes charge up, mancubus fire them out rapid fire. hell knights can be even stronger.

Diamond Kisses
Big covenant is not brutes. Big covenant is Scarab. Big covenant is Wraith. Brutes can dual wield too and fire rapidly. Brutes can also jump long distances and throw warthogs with a mere physical touch. Brute chieftains could possibly use a warthog as baseball bat. Tartarus jump over 60ft in the second game.

In the third game, Master Chief battle against a being that use a laser powerful enough to launch him across the room, without giving him a scratch. Master Chief has a circus weight of a ton with his armor. The laser blast is immense and he withstand it, get up and get back into action.

And I do not think I have to remind you about the fact that he fell over two kilometers and got up only a while after. Not the slightest harmed physically. Only his armor had locked somewhat.

Concerning your beloved powerups, that problem is solved too. Master Chief would more than happily sacrefice a glove or two for powerups. The jumping boots is not really a requirement since Master Chief can climb near flat 90* areas and jump over two meter.

As a finish, no offense but Master Chief is a better soldier than you. Just because you had to empty an entire clip does not mean he has to. He is better than you, Flynn and Doom guides together at analyzing a weakness of opposition and far better than all three in combat. Not to mention his near infinite stamina, his superhuman physical abilities and his intelligence stick out tongue

Burning thought
Big covenant is not brutes. Big covenant is Scarab. Big covenant is Wraith. Brutes can dual wield too and fire rapidly. Brutes can also jump long distances and throw warthogs with a mere physical touch. Brute chieftains could possibly use a warthog as baseball bat. Tartarus jump over 60ft in the second game.

In the third game, Master Chief battle against a being that use a laser powerful enough to launch him across the room, without giving him a scratch. Master Chief has a circus weight of a ton with his armor. The laser blast is immense and he withstand it, get up and get back into action.

And I do not think I have to remind you about the fact that he fell over two kilometers and got up only a while after. Not the slightest harmed physically. Only his armor had locked somewhat.

Concerning your beloved powerups, that problem is solved too. Master Chief would more than happily sacrefice a glove or two for powerups. The jumping boots is not really a requirement since Master Chief can climb near flat 90* areas and jump over two meter.

As a finish, no offense but Master Chief is a better soldier than you. Just because you had to empty an entire clip does not mean he has to. He is better than you, Flynn and Doom guides together at analyzing a weakness of opposition and far better than all three in combat. Not to mention his near infinite stamina, his superhuman physical abilities and his intelligence stick out tongue

Wraith, i thought a Wraith was a vehicle. ime prob thinking of something else since i doubt youd bring up a veichle into this.

my beloved powerups lol....this doesnt matter, he is still not going to have the ammo, the stamina to survive all the Doom games in a row unless he gets tonnes of rest between each, then is chances are 15% instead of possibly 5% if he doesnt get rest. Also does Chiefs suit have any power supply? how long does it last if it does.

also what are you talking about, just because i had to empty an entire clip..the clips only have so much, ive shot all over the body what you say there is foolishness, your giving them weaknesses that they do not have, just because chief is a better soldier doesnt mean he can use weapons hes never seen before better than the characters who use them and have trianing with the particulour weapons nor does it mean the monsters durability decreases just because its fighting MC

the truth of it is, hes going to run out of amuniton, he can only carry 2 maybe 3 if we push it weapons at a time..and only so much amunition, possibly a couple of clips for a machine gun, some shotgun shells...only one BFG plasma pack..so none of this carrying 15 bfg cells or wahtever i got, thats impossible in realism without gameplay, their each nearly as big as the gun. So hes got limited guns, ammountion, hes going to find himself crushed when he comes up against too many demons and his weapons last clip/cell falls to the floor..then he gets destryoed.

Diamond Kisses
Your argumenting fails you raver

And what does it matter if he fight a creature or a vehicle? I would say that fighting two scarabs of singlehandedly is more impressive than some hell demons shrug

Remindme
I would say that fighting two scarabs of singlehandedly is more impressive than some hell demons shrug

I lol'ed

Two Scarabs VS this:

E5R11qqnuxE

is THAT debatable? me thinks not

Diamond Kisses
It is debatable, because that is a boss while scarabs are just plain units shrug

Remindme
It is debatable, because that is a boss while scarabs are just plain units shrug

hm true

but only the soul cube can kill Cyberdemon, and it has to be at full charge, which basically eliminates any hope of chief defeating it.

thus, this thread is pointless, like another ganon vs where the creator didn't take off the invunerability.

Diamond Kisses
I still do not know if this is him going trough story or if this is him fighting all the monsters ermm

I do believe he would pull the story through near effortless yes

Remindme
I still do not know if this is him going trough story or if this is him fighting all the monsters ermm

I do believe he would pull the story through near effortless yes

I'm only debating under the assumption he's fighting the monsters, otherwise it's pointless, "can someone with good powers, take the power set of a guy who completed game X, then can he complete game X?" Well no ****ing shit!

Meh, nothing to say bout that.

Burning thought
everyone just forgets that the guy in doom wins his encounters through gameplay, Chief will carry 2 weapons....thats all, 2 weapons on limited ammo, unless you think the guys going to somehow punch his way through all 3 doom games and the expansions in which case ring up the guys in the white coats wink

MC will run dry on ammo before he can win through

Blax_Hydralisk
He'll just pick up other weapons, eh.

Diamond Kisses
everyone just forgets that the guy in doom wins his encounters through gameplay, Chief will carry 2 weapons....thats all, 2 weapons on limited ammo, unless you think the guys going to somehow punch his way through all 3 doom games and the expansions in which case ring up the guys in the white coats wink

MC will run dry on ammo before he can win through

Hah! Since when was Master Chief only capable of doing damage with weapons? stick out tongue

Burning thought
He'll just pick up other weapons, eh.

yeh from thin air, even Doom doesnt have weapons and ammo strewn about so easily, he may find a massive stash of ammo, and be able to carry tiny amounts of it then the rest unlike in the game to the doom character (who somehow carries it all, game mechanics ftw) would just take it all, MC will be left with scraps of ammo, eventually its going to come to a time where MC has no weapons and thats when hes going to fall to the overpowering legions.

Especially hell levels, ammo there is tiny if any, infact the only reason people dont run out of ammo there is because of the magical masses of stashes the Doom character can somehow carry and the variety of weapons.

Csdabest
Dude. Have you even been paying attention to halo. Master Cheif IS a weapon. All the assult rifles and shotguns are add-on acceseries. His action figures comes with a not included warrenty sign on it.

Gosh Idi-ots

Burning thought
Dude. Have you even been paying attention to halo. Master Cheif IS a weapon. All the assult rifles and shotguns are add-on acceseries. His action figures comes with a not included warrenty sign on it.

Gosh Idi-ots

MC is going to punch his way through all the Dooms...."hello i am masterchief lololololoolollolloo" dur

Csdabest
Master Cheif is going to tear the demons ass wide open. And as he has a demon cheeks spread open ready to rip it in half. Cortana is going to pop up and give smirk and say. "Can you stick it?"

Burning thought
Master Cheif is going to tear the demons ass wide open. And as he has a demon cheeks spread open ready to rip it in half. Cortana is going to pop up and give smirk and say. "Can you stick it?"

nah hes gong to try on Cyberdemon and then the demons going to laugh as Chief tries, then Step him down, and blast a multiude of rockets into the guy blowing him to pieces.

ofcourse he wont get that far, hell be singed ashes acrsos teh wall from Mancubus plasmer cannons or a meal for several Hell knights

Diamond Kisses
nah hes gong to try on Cyberdemon and then the demons going to laugh as Chief tries, then Step him down, and blast a multiude of rockets into the guy blowing him to pieces.

ofcourse he wont get that far, hell be singed ashes acrsos teh wall from Mancubus plasmer cannons or a meal for several Hell knights

The Doom character can take on two Cyberdemons. What makes Chief incapable of this?

Burning thought
The Doom character can take on two Cyberdemons. What makes Chief incapable of this?

with what though? the Doom character wins because he can carry every weapon in the game magically due to gameplay mechanics...the only way you can fist fight a cyberdemon is if you pickup that super strength powerup and try and punch one down, it has to be noted Cyberdemons in Doom 2 are completly diffrent to Doom 3 cyberdemon.

Diamond Kisses
What makes you think that the super strength powerup is not basic Master Chief strength? He has as base super strenght yes

Sado-sama
hug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.