Patriots go Undefeated?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
Who thinks they will? And, do you hope they do?

I think they will, and as much as hate them, I just want Don Shula and the '72 Dolphins to shut their yappers!

laughing out loud

So tired about hearing about that Dolphins teams (from themselves!) think they're the single season greatest team ever becasue of that feat.

Ridiculous, I tell ya'. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The Patriots could very well be the second team in the history of the NFL to be undefeated.

Blax_Hydralisk
Who was the first?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Who was the first?

The '72 Miami Dolphins are the only undefeated team in the history of the NFL.

ragesRemorse
They will lose to either the browns, steelers or bills.

zjtrivium
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
They will lose to either the browns, steelers or bills.
the browns? seriously? they already beat the browns 34-17 in game 5.
bills are their next game, but were already beaten by the patriots this season 7-38 in game 3.
steelers are really the only tough game that the patriots will have to play, and i think if they could beat the undefeated colts, theyll be able to beat the 6-2 steelers.

i hope you were being sarcastic about the browns and bills...

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by zjtrivium
bills are their next game, but were already beaten by the patriots this season 7-38 in game 3.
steelers are really the only tough game that the patriots will have to play, and i think if they could beat the undefeated colts, theyll be able to beat the 6-2 steelers.

No, i wasnt being sarcastic. I believe, unless, the Pats are on their game and refrain from detrimental penalties and missed opportunities. these teams, unlike, the Colts will take advantage of their mistakes. I was mistaken in believing that the Browns meet the Pats again, but i think they could have learned from their last meeting. I honestly believe however, that the Bills and Steelers have a better than fair shot at besting the Pats. The Steelers Blitz like no others and posses a strong secondary. The history between the STeelers and Pats have always offered good games. I guess we can only wait

FistOfThe North
Pats will go undefeated this season while taking home the trophy.

botankus
Week 15.

Jets 89, Patriots 3

Bet on it.

Smasandian
Botankus, let's add another twist to that week.

Jets 89, Patriots 3

Mangani getting suckered punch by Belicheck

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by botankus
Week 15.

Jets 89, Patriots 3

Bet on it.

More likely Pats 69 Jets 0

zjtrivium
Week 15.

Jets 89, Patriots 3

Bet on it.
yeah, ill just go out and lose all of my money like your telling me to...

WrathfulDwarf
Still a long way to go.

But Patriots chances and stat numbers do tell a different story.

Go Patriots!

Bat Dude

Just because the Browns/Bills lost once doesn't mean they automatically lose every other time...

Players play differently each time... You never know, the Patriots might get cocky and drop their guard...

You're making the Browns sound horrible, and they're actually not... They've got a good record so far, and I don't think that the team deserves ridicule for not being a championship team already... They're coming off a pretty bad season last year, and now they're developing into a decent team...

I'll be praying for the Steelers to beat the Patriots when they meet (cuz no offense to Patriots fans, but I HATE the Patriots with an intensity that even exceeds my hate for the Steelers)

Barker

Browns gave them the closest game before this last week.

Bills suck though.

Röland

You should start showing the Browns respect.

Blax_Hydralisk
The term "Any given sunday" fills my mind when I look at this thread.

botankus
Originally posted by Smasandian
Botankus, let's add another twist to that week.

Jets 89, Patriots 3

Mangani getting suckered punch by Belicheck

Haha, I hear that.

Also, the largest line for a NFL game is 23 points from SF/CIN from the early '90's. This has a chance of topping it. For the record, the score of that game was SF 21, CIN 8.

Smasandian
That's crazy.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BobbyD
Who thinks they will? And, do you hope they do?

I think they will, and as much as hate them, I just want Don Shula and the '72 Dolphins to shut their yappers!

laughing out loud

So tired about hearing about that Dolphins teams (from themselves!) think they're the single season greatest team ever becasue of that feat.

Ridiculous, I tell ya'. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yep.I said a couple weeks ago that the colts would be their toughest test of the season.that if they won THAT game,they would go all the way and go undefeated and i stand by that.Yeah I would like to see them go undefeated as well because who better than to do it than Tom Brady -the best quarterback to come along since joe montana-the greatest of them all.Well maybe Unitas was better.
But yeah I hate don shula,he was over rated as a coach.He benefitted from having been fortunate enough to have great players on his teams over the years.I know someone who was around during that time who followed the dolphins that year and he said there were a couple games during that season that they were just completely lucky to win.That a couple teams they played that year,they were very close games and they fumbled the ball deep in their own territory which the dolphins took advantage of to win those games.

I dont mind it if the patriots go undefeated and win it all because Belicheck like Barry Bonds,will go down as having an asterisk next to his name as the coach who took that team to being undefeated.yes I hate Belicheck as well.without Brady,he's nothing.

Buy yeah they passed their toughest test of the year with the colts so as long as tom brady stays healthy,they WILL go undefeated.

Mr Parker

I know the browns? laughing thats hilarious.Even if they did meet each other again thats a joke to think they would have a prayer of beating them. laughing This is the first year in like 20 years or so that the browns have been able to shake that label of laughingstock of the NFL.Their becoming a good team but their at least a year away from now of being able to put up a good challenge to the patriots.Perhps next year but not now.

Well said,the steelers are the only tough team the patriots have left on their schedule that could cause them problems.Like you said,not only did the patriots blow out the laughingstock bills 38-7 this year but the bills also showed that they are still a laughingstock in the NFL on national television for the whole country to see when despite the way the dallas cowboys TRIED to give the bills the game to them and TRIED to let them win that game at home,the bills in that game,showed why they are still a laughingstock in the NFL and blwe numerous opportunities given to them to win that game that the cowboys tried to give to them to win despite all that.so thats laughable to think the Bills would even have a prayer of winning in the rematch. laughing laughing

yeah the steelers will be their only real challenge left for them and like you said,if they can beat the undefeated colts on the road,then i think they can handle the 6-2 steelers at home.Plus I dont have any faith in the steelers,a team that lost to the cardinals.Losing to the cardinals,thats embarrasing.

Mr Parker
as i said on the NFL thread,I now got to change my mind about the patriots going undefeated.All of a sudden they have been exposed and not invincible after all.I cant believe they almost blew two games back to back against 2 lousy teams the eagles and now the ravens.Perhaps they are not as great as we all thought.They should have had their first defeat last night.If that coach of the ravens doesnt call that timeout,the patriots have their first defeat of the season.Their luck is due to run out against the steelers.they cant continue to keep getting lucky like that.The steelers have a history of pulling off upsets-they did so back in the 80's when they were a really bad team when they beat the 49ers which was their one defeat of the season that year.Now their a good team and if teams like the eagles and now ravens can almost beat them,I just cant see their luck continuing to hold out and win this next game with the steelers.I hope they do and go undefeated because I hate don Shula and think he is over rated as a coach so I want someone else to someday go undefeated as well.Might as well be the patriots since Tom Brady is arguably the best quarterback of all time to play the game.Defenitely one of the top 5 best I think we can all agree on.whats you alls predictions for this upcoming game against the steelers?

DigiMark007
Hehe. I hate the Pats, and like the fact that the only perfect team in league history is quite obviously not the best to have played the game. It amuses me. So I'm rooting hardcore against the Pats.

But they'll probably go undefeated. The only thing I could see is them just getting worn down via attrition and losing late in the playoffs, because literally everyone gets up emotionally to play the Pats. The Ravens are a perfect example.

...also, Mr Parker, please don't delude yourself. Berating Shula and the Dolphins, then propping up a similarly overrated old-timer (Unitas). At least Shula coached into the 90's successfully. Unitas was great for the time, but anyone with a set of eyes knows that he'd be merely average in today's league, even given the updated schemes and physical preparation. Yes, Brady's better than him. But so are others in the modern game.

Smasandian
I like your point about how everybody wants to play their best against them.

I just dont like the Pats. They're a bunch of asses. No respect for anybody. I dont buy some of the players point on how they ran up the score and saying its because thats how the game is played when some other players stated that they play like this because they want to know as the best team ever and running up the scores proves that.

Their a bunch of ****s.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hehe. I hate the Pats, and like the fact that the only perfect team in league history is quite obviously not the best to have played the game. It amuses me. So I'm rooting hardcore against the Pats.

But they'll probably go undefeated. The only thing I could see is them just getting worn down via attrition and losing late in the playoffs, because literally everyone gets up emotionally to play the Pats. The Ravens are a perfect example.

...also, Mr Parker, please don't delude yourself. Berating Shula and the Dolphins, then propping up a similarly overrated old-timer (Unitas). At least Shula coached into the 90's successfully. Unitas was great for the time, but anyone with a set of eyes knows that he'd be merely average in today's league, even given the updated schemes and physical preparation. Yes, Brady's better than him. But so are others in the modern game.

where did I say anything about Unitas? Brady I can admit is better than Unitas even Madden has said he hasnt seen anybody play the game better than Brady right now including Montana but other than Brett farve and maybe Manning,come on,the other quarterbacks today playing the game arent better than him.

WrathfulDwarf
I would have given the Steelers a 40% chance of beating the Pats this weekend. But losing to the Jets? Forget it.

The Ravens had the killer instinct to beat the Patriots...heck! ANYONE for that matter. They just got too damn over-confident in the 3rd quarter.

Still a lot of Football left in the regular season. Let's see how things unfold.

Go Patriots!

Mr Parker
yeah now that I think about it after losing to both the jets and cardinals I cant pick the steelers to win now.I had a feeling the steelers were going to blow that game against the jets because losing to the cardinals? come on.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mr Parker
where did I say anything about Unitas? Brady I can admit is better than Unitas even Madden has said he hasnt seen anybody play the game better than Brady right now including Montana but other than Brett farve and maybe Manning,come on,the other quarterbacks today playing the game arent better than him. INCLUDING MONTANA? confused

Smasandian
where did I say anything about Unitas? Brady I can admit is better than Unitas even Madden has said he hasnt seen anybody play the game better than Brady right now including Montana but other than Brett farve and maybe Manning,come on,the other quarterbacks today playing the game arent better than him.

Manning is better than Tom Brady. Always has been. One great year of stats is going to change the fact that Manning is better than Brady.

And I have seen the game played just as good as Brady is doing and that was when Manning broke the record.

Rogue Jedi
yes

TheGame17
I like your point about how everybody wants to play their best against them.

I just dont like the Pats. They're a bunch of asses. No respect for anybody. I dont buy some of the players point on how they ran up the score and saying its because thats how the game is played when some other players stated that they play like this because they want to know as the best team ever and running up the scores proves that.

Their a bunch of ****s.

i like it when they run up the score.
hard life in the NFL. if a team doesn't like them running up the score, then they should stop them!
if they can't stop them, then they SHOULD be embarrased.

if they play a close game, i tip my hat off to them.

Smasandian
It's not running up the score. I have no problem with that because if the team cant stop them on running plays and short throws then they're going to score.

It's going on 4th down when up by 40 points that's complete shit. There is no reason for it. Its not because its how they play the game but because they want to run up the score. If the game is close, no way in hell they do that.

endrict
If NE can get past the Steelers then they prob. will go undefeated.

forumcrew
It's not running up the score. I have no problem with that because if the team cant stop them on running plays and short throws then they're going to score.

It's going on 4th down when up by 40 points that's complete shit. There is no reason for it. Its not because its how they play the game but because they want to run up the score. If the game is close, no way in hell they do that.

what about the fact that it is good to practice 4th down plays in real game situations? Also talk about running it up what is more automatic letting the kicker go tack on 3 points or trying a 4th down play. I mean if you think about it just taking the 3 when they dont need points at all can be running it up, at least going for it they give the D a chance to hold them to 0. I have no problem with it and the only way I would have a problem is if they could end the game by taking a knee and instead they were still running offensive plays. But bottom line is a lot of NFL teams are assholes and a lot of them deserve to get run up, and believe me these teams wont forget what NE did to them and eventually they will get theirs too.

Hidden Lotus
i fvcking hate the patriots
if they go undefeated and win the super bowl i'll kill the person sitting next to me....

Smasandian
Originally posted by forumcrew
what about the fact that it is good to practice 4th down plays in real game situations? Also talk about running it up what is more automatic letting the kicker go tack on 3 points or trying a 4th down play. I mean if you think about it just taking the 3 when they dont need points at all can be running it up, at least going for it they give the D a chance to hold them to 0. I have no problem with it and the only way I would have a problem is if they could end the game by taking a knee and instead they were still running offensive plays. But bottom line is a lot of NFL teams are assholes and a lot of them deserve to get run up, and believe me these teams wont forget what NE did to them and eventually they will get theirs too.

Come on.....if that was true than every team would do it. They have done what you describe and ran up the score when they could of easily taken a knee to end the game. The Dallas game is proof of that.

The thing is that running up the score has nothing to do with playing the game but more to do to show the league to **** off for accussing them of cheating. My problem is that they're not accusing the Patriots of cheating but saying that they cheated and in my opinion, they got off pretty easy. Yeah, sure they're number 1 draft pick got taken away but how is that the QB coach of Dallas gets suspended 4 games for using steriods when a coach who cheats at the game gets nothing.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Hidden Lotus
i fvcking hate the patriots
if they go undefeated and win the super bowl i'll kill the person sitting next to me....

eek!

..looks for next available open chair.

laughing out loud

botankus
The Jets have a rookie starting DB named Darrelle Revis. Watch for the back of his jersey on all the highlight reels next week.

While he will unquestionably be one of the premier cover guys in the coming years, he has been taking his lumps this year at the hands of teams with QB's not named Brady.

Smasandian
You never know though....hahaha.

TheGame17
just in case no one has rubbed it in to u haters, the patriots beat the steelers!

"i guarantee a victory."
lol what a dumbass!

the crowd was all going, "guarantee! guarantee! guarentee!"

pathetic.

botankus
Originally posted by TheGame17
just in case no one has rubbed it in to u haters, the patriots beat the steelers!

"i guarantee a victory."
lol what a dumbass!

the crowd was all going, "guarantee! guarantee! guarentee!"

pathetic.

The fact that anyone paid attention to it was even more pathetic. The guarantee thing got old the second Super Bowl III was over, waaay before Chad Johnson started pulling guarantees out of his ass at least ten times annually over the past 5 years.

Smasandian
Dont forget Roy Williams of Detroit.

slasherpunk18
Well,all we have to worry about is the Giants really.Other than that we're golden.

Ericadawn
Did the Patriots have a game against the Dolphins this year?

TheGame17
Originally posted by Ericadawn
Did the Patriots have a game against the Dolphins this year?

ya. the dolphins scored 3 TD's on the Pats though.

WrathfulDwarf
So...anyone else thinks the Pats are gonna respect the jets this weekend?

(hyuk, hyuk, hyuk)

forumcrew
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
So...anyone else thinks the Pats are gonna respect the jets this weekend?

(hyuk, hyuk, hyuk)

lets just say the record for most TD passes in a game may finally belong to just one man (currently it is like a 6 way tie)

WrathfulDwarf
We'll have to wait and see.

What are YOU talking about?! I been fan ever since Bledsoe was QB. STFU!

Mr Parker
well now that they have beaten the steelers,the last team that had a chance at beating them during the regular season,I think they are defenetely going to go undefeated and win the superbowl now.They may not look pretty in doing it,they sure didnt against the jets,but they're winning which is all that matters,their only the second team since the 72 dolphins to go 14-o so that says something about this team.as long as Brady stays healthy,they will win it all.

slasherpunk18
too true

Mr Parker
so NOBODY else has any other opinions? sad

Darth Martin
I don't think there's any question about it!

Mr Parker
ah good,lets keep it rolling folks.

0°Mandalore°0
Pats will (unfortunately) go undefeated... it would be stupid to think otherwise.

BobbyD
What I think is kind of neat in all of this is, the Pats shoud've lost to the Ravens. How bizarre would that be if the Ravens were the only team to lose to the Fish, but the only won to beat the Pats?

confused laughing out loud

0°Mandalore°0
I admit the Pats have not been looking so amazing lately, but I believe they will recover their glory from previous games.

Btw, BobbyD, they should have also lost against the Eagles.

Mr Parker
I didnt see that game,can you tell me what kinds of things happened in THAT game where they lucked out just like they lucked out against the Ravens? btw,most people here dont know this,but the dolphins in 72 won a couple of games as well that they also should have lost but got lucky on.

My Uncle -who was around at that time, was telling me there were a couple of games they just got lucky that they won back then,where the other team was winning towards the end but they fumbled the ball deep in their own territory with just a few minutes to go and the dolphins came back to win,and that the quarterback in another game, made a horrible decision that cost them the game when they had the lead late by throwing into double coverage instead of throwing it away.So like the patriots,if they go undefeated and win it all,it wont be the FIRST time a team has won the superbowl and gone undefeated without getting lucky winning a couple of games they SHOULD have lost. wink

0°Mandalore°0
Well, against the Eagles they didn't really get lucky, but the game finished 31-28, with the Eagles turning the ball 3 times and the Pats none.

Mr Parker
When the Eagles turned the ball over,were they really dumb turnovers that shouldnt have happened like fumbling the ball when there was no reason to fumble or throwing into double coverage instead of just throwing it away? or were they turnovers that couldnt have been avoided like a player coming out of nowhere knocking the ball loose from the running back with his helmet on the ball where the running back really cant be blamed for that?

0°Mandalore°0
Yes, they were 3 stupid interceptions thrown by A.J. Feeley.

Mr Parker
Lucky for the patriots that Feeley was playing and not Donovan Mcnabb.the fact that they almost lost the game with Feeley at quarterback playing,I seriously doubt that they would have won if Mcnabb had played. I seriously doubt Mcnabb would have made those same mistakes to cost them that game.

0°Mandalore°0
Indeed.

Mr Parker
well I found out something in the local sports page today that eases my thoughts on the patriots deserving to undeafeated because I thought they had too easy of a schedule.Because the dolphins back in 72 hd a much easier schedule than they did which I wasnt aware of.they only played TWO teams with winning records that year.this is what it says.

In any comparison between the 2007 Patriots and the 1972 Dolphins,New England,if succesful tonight,would come out ahead.

The 72' Dolphins,through no fault of their own,played just two teams with winning records-the chiefs and the giants,who both finished 8-6 and missed the playoffs.the 72' dolphins opponents were a combined 70-122-4,a .367 winning percentage.

The patriots have withstood a first place schedule that has seem them defeat division champions San Diego,Dallas,Indianapolis,and Pittsburgh,and survive a three game stretch of taxing prime-time games against Philadelphia,Baltimore and Pittsburgh during nov 25th dec 9th.

good to hear that going into todays game finale against the giants because when knowing that about the dolphins which I never knew,the dolphins going undefeated isnt all that impressive to me now after all these years like I always thought it was.

Darth Hord
Well now it is official the Patriots beat the Giants 38-35.

Bat Dude
The Patriots make me sick...

Barker
Mr. Bacon will run crazy in 3...2..1...

Smasandian
Oh for ****s sake.

First, they win the game and go 16-0, second, both Moss and Brady break the records, third, they come back and win it. Now they're not going to lose in the playoffs.

There is only two teams that could possibly beat them and thats the Cowboys, and Colts (and maybe Jags, Packers)

The Colts wont because of all thier injuries and the Cowboys, well its Wade Phillips as coach and its the Cowboys. Muther****er. I hope somethings happens in the offseason and the Patriots suck for the next 10 years.

This is gotta to be the worst day in NFL history.

JediSamuraiMRB
Oh for ****s sake.

First, they win the game and go 16-0, second, both Moss and Brady break the records, third, they come back and win it. Now they're not going to lose in the playoffs.

There is only two teams that could possibly beat them and thats the Cowboys, and Colts (and maybe Jags, Packers)

The Colts wont because of all thier injuries and the Cowboys, well its Wade Phillips as coach and its the Cowboys. Muther****er. I hope somethings happens in the offseason and the Patriots suck for the next 10 years.

This is gotta to be the worst day in NFL history.

How is it the worst day in NFL history?

Smasandian
Because it is.

We're going to be hearing the same ****ing bullshit now for the next year or so about the great 07 Pats team, and how great they are.

Barker
Because it is.

We're going to be hearing the same ****ing bullshit now for the next year or so about the great 07 Pats team, and how great they are.
I heart you.

There's only so much to talk about on the subject, and yet all the sports networks seem to think the Pats are the only team in the NFL.

Blax_Hydralisk
Because it is.

Man, I agree. I am so not looking forward to hearing sh*t about TOm Brady for the next 30 years.

And you guys are lucky. I actually live in San Mateo, were he comes from. There's "I heart Tom Brady" orgy parties everywhere.

Darth Hord
I hate Tom Brady mad

Smasandian
Originally posted by Barker
I heart you.

There's only so much to talk about on the subject, and yet all the sports networks seem to think the Pats are the only team in the NFL.

And fail to realize that they cheated. Nonbody ever mentions that.

Actually, they do mention it but after that they say, "well, it wasnt that much of a deal and it probably didnt help them because well, look, they're kicking ass and every team used to do it."

That doesnt stem the fact that they cheated and broke the rules. How would it look if some Olympic athlete was caught cheating, then quit, came back and won it again. The fact remains that they cheated and thats all that matters.

JediSamuraiMRB
Because it is.

Why don't you just ignore it? I ignore a lot of stuff and just wait to watch football or whatever it is I'm planning on watching.

DanZeke25
I think the Colts WILL beat them. I've been saying it all year and I still stand by it. I also think the Jags and Chargers in the AFC can beat them. If the Jags get a lead like the Giants had, there is no comeback because they will just run the clock out. And any givin day LT can go crazy so that alone gives the Chargers a chance IMO.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
How is it the worst day in NFL history?

Because he hates the patriots.couldnt you guess? big grin yeah i agree that the patriots arent as great as everybody makes them out to be but like I pointed out,neither were the 72 dolphins.in both cases,they both had highly over rated coaches who only were considered great coaches because shula had great players that made him look good and as I have said before,Belicheck is EXTREMELY over rated as a coach.Without Brady he is nothing.With cleveland as the head coach and his first year when he had bledsoe as a quarterback with the patriots,he had losing records.EXTREMELY over rated he is.

Bill cowher of the steelers and bill parcells,those guys are amazing coachs.Cowher despite losing impact players of the steelers,for so many years still kept making the playoffs year after year.a couple of them were with journeyman mike thomzak.and Parcells he took a jets team that only one game when joining to getting them into the playoffs in 2 years with journeyman quarterback vinnie testervede.its not like Belicheck has a journeyman quarterback and gets them to the playoffs every year or anything.

man what a great game this was.everybody figured it would be a blowout but instead it came down to the wire.the Giants made the patriots EARN this one.

Smasandian
Originally posted by DanZeke25
I think the Colts WILL beat them. I've been saying it all year and I still stand by it. I also think the Jags and Chargers in the AFC can beat them. If the Jags get a lead like the Giants had, there is no comeback because they will just run the clock out. And any givin day LT can go crazy so that alone gives the Chargers a chance IMO.

They could but I just dont see it happening.

The Colts cant beat them. Manning is amazing and it would require him to have one of the best games of his life and would require Bob Sanders to also have the best game of his life.

They just lost to many people on the defensive side. Without Freeney, I cant see the Patriots getting rushed that much and I have no idea what the LB situtation will be.

~KoK!~
I love my local radio station. All we do is shit all over teh Patriots. There's actually a parody song called "Tom Brady is a Dick" going around here. The only place where you can hear good things about the Pats on the radio is on Mike and Mike, but that's nationwide syndication.

Then again, I do live in Pittsburgh...

I really do hate all of this though. The Patriots going 16-0. The only thing that could possibly redeem this season is if they lose in the post-season. I really wouldn't give a shit if the ****ing Browns won the Lombardi trophy this year, just don't let the Pats go 19-0.

~KoK!~
Because he hates the patriots.couldnt you guess? big grin yeah i agree that the patriots arent as great as everybody makes them out to be but like I pointed out,neither were the 72 dolphins.in both cases,they both had highly over rated coaches who only were considered great coaches because shula had great players that made him look good and as I have said before,Belicheck is EXTREMELY over rated as a coach.Without Brady he is nothing.With cleveland as the head coach and his first year when he had bledsoe as a quarterback with the patriots,he had losing records.EXTREMELY over rated he is.

Bill cowher of the steelers and bill parcells,those guys are amazing coachs.Cowher despite losing impact players of the steelers,for so many years still kept making the playoffs year after year.a couple of them were with journeyman mike thomzak.and Parcells he took a jets team that only one game when joining to getting them into the playoffs in 2 years with journeyman quarterback vinnie testervede.its not like Belicheck has a journeyman quarterback and gets them to the playoffs every year or anything.

man what a great game this was.everybody figured it would be a blowout but instead it came down to the wire.the Giants made the patriots EARN this one. I gotta agree with Man-Spider here. If you can get to a Superbowl with Kordell Stewart manning the reigns, then you're a ****ing awesome coach.

Röland
Originally posted by ~KoK!~
I gotta agree with Man-Spider here. If you can get to a Superbowl with Kordell Stewart manning the reigns, then you're a ****ing awesome coach.

So ****ing true.

I remember when Kordell was God in Steeler country.

Then they crucified him, but that's besides the point.

WrathfulDwarf
Well if you guys are sick of hearing the name Brady. Welcome to my world. I'm sick of hearing of Manning in every damn tv ad during a game.

Oh, and congrats Patriots. Quite a great feat. thumb up

@st
Good accomplishment, but it doesnt mean jackshit if they dont finish the job.

Mr Parker

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Well if you guys are sick of hearing the name Brady. Welcome to my world. I'm sick of hearing of Manning in every damn tv ad during a game.

Oh, and congrats Patriots. Quite a great feat. thumb up

exactly.Im so freaking sick of seeing that guys face on every damn tv ad as well everytime I tune in to watch a Chargers game.so yeah,for all the Brady haters,welcome to our world.

TheGame17
Because it is.

they earned it! if someone wants to stop them, then they should've stopped them.
i think ESPN should do a 2 hour segment on how good Tom Brady is. that would be kool!
and then to top it off, they talk for 4 hours straight on how good the patriots are!

TheGame17
And fail to realize that they cheated. Nonbody ever mentions that.

Actually, they do mention it but after that they say, "well, it wasnt that much of a deal and it probably didnt help them because well, look, they're kicking ass and every team used to do it."

That doesnt stem the fact that they cheated and broke the rules. How would it look if some Olympic athlete was caught cheating, then quit, came back and won it again. The fact remains that they cheated and thats all that matters.

if u mean 'they' as in Bill Bellichek, then you'd be right.
Randy Moss and Brady didn't cheat. i know that much

Röland
they earned it! if someone wants to stop them, then they should've stopped them.
i think ESPN should do a 2 hour segment on how good Tom Brady is. that would be kool!
and then to top it off, they talk for 4 hours straight on how good the patriots are!

They already do that every week.

Blax_Hydralisk
exactly.Im so freaking sick of seeing that guys face on every damn tv ad as well everytime I tune in to watch a Chargers game.so yeah,for all the Brady haters,welcome to our world.

What the hell do you mean "welcome to your world"? I ****ing hate Payton Manning AND Tom Brady erm

No. I'm in an entirely different world. A world of haters. I'm just a hater.

Jack R. Crown
ghey

Blax_Hydralisk
You misspelled gay.

Smasandian
Randy Moss and Brady didn't cheat. i know that much

As the whole team.

They all knew he was breaking the rules. He is the coach and everybody on that team benefited from the videotaping, so yes, all them cheated.

It's not as simple as steroid use the benefits a single person. All the team benefited and knew it was against the rules, especially considering they were warned before.

Every day I see that that Randy Moss should get the MVP over Brady. Yes, Brady breaks the record but how does an QB who doesnt throw over 28 TD's in a year suddenly get 50 TD's. Doesnt really make sense. It's not like he's skills have improved. Brady is a good QB but still not as good as Manning. I'm going from what I see on the field then just stats.

And it also helps that the Pats line is the best in the league and thats why I see them winning because the Colts dont have Freeney and Mathis is injured and without those two, no pressure what so ever.

botankus
I hope somethings happens in the offseason and the Patriots suck for the next 10 years..

I remember in the mid-to-late 80's when the 49ers were the shit. I hated them, and it wasn't until the next Millenium that they sucked. Now with all the Patriots nonsense, I'm having trouble even imaging how I could have despised those Niners.

One more thing. On Buffalo talk shows, fans were protesting to realign Buffalo in the AFC North and move the Rats to the AFC East. They're saying that as long as Belicheat is at the helm, they have no chance. I'm not sure what to make of that, but I wouldn't mind having Buffalo in our division.

Smasandian
Yeah, I dont think anybody would mind having Toronto on thier division.

But then again, the "Rats" are pretty shitty nowadays.

TheGame17
Yeah, I dont think anybody would mind having Toronto on thier division.

But then again, the "Rats" are pretty shitty nowadays.

shitty? no not really

they're 16-0 and they beat the Chargers, Colts, and Cowboys, three of the best teams in the league.

and if you must know, I own an inflatable Tom Brady doll that i have sex with every night!!

Smasandian
I think the Rats mean the Baltimore Ravens, not the Patriots.

I'm just going by Bot's post on when he says that the Rats should move to the East and the Bills move the South, I assumed Rats were the Ravens.

botankus
Actually, "Rats" are short for the "Ratbirds," which obviously mean "Ravens."

But geographically speaking, the AFC North should be Colts, Steelers, Bengals, and Browns. The Ravens should be in the AFC South.

But I'd still like to see the Bills and Ravens switch places.

~KoK!~
except they never did get there with him as quarterback.they got to the AFC championship game with him twice which is STILL extremely amazing with HIM at quarterback,but Kordell chocked both times he got to the AFC championship game. I thought he was QB at 30? No? Ah, whatever. Still quite the feat.

~KoK!~
Randy Moss and Brady didn't cheat. i know that much Randy Moss and Brady didn't cheat?

Well, maybe Brady did, but there is a blatant push-off on nearly every play by the hands of Randy Moss. For those of you keeping track of score at home, that's a Penalty, IE, against the rules. It's called Offensive Pass Interference. The fact that he is nearly never called on his frequent push-offs, he's a cheater.

wuTa
As the whole team.

They all knew he was breaking the rules. He is the coach and everybody on that team benefited from the videotaping, so yes, all them cheated.

It's not as simple as steroid use the benefits a single person. All the team benefited and knew it was against the rules, especially considering they were warned before.

Every day I see that that Randy Moss should get the MVP over Brady. Yes, Brady breaks the record but how does an QB who doesnt throw over 28 TD's in a year suddenly get 50 TD's. Doesnt really make sense. It's not like he's skills have improved. Brady is a good QB but still not as good as Manning. I'm going from what I see on the field then just stats.

And it also helps that the Pats line is the best in the league and thats why I see them winning because the Colts dont have Freeney and Mathis is injured and without those two, no pressure what so ever.

I'm not against Moss getting the MVP award, shit, he should have atleast got one vote. but to say you can't see Brady getting 28+ TDs w/o cheating, I disagree with that. Brady has put up pro bowl numbers with medium to good(and thats being generous) receivers, you throw in a receiver like Randy Moss and Brady's numbers could only go up. Randy Moss allows the offense to open up more, and for Brady to have more options so his numbers were only going to go up, not to mention they relied on Brady's arm this year(Moss effect) more than years past.

Smasandian
I didnt mean that he cheated to get the record, I just meant that I think Moss was more important to that team than Brady because Brady does not even come close to even 35 TD's without him.

TheGame17
PATRIOTS JUST WON!!! 31-20

i'm watching sportscenter right now and they're worshiping tom brady

TheGame17
I didnt mean that he cheated to get the record, I just meant that I think Moss was more important to that team than Brady because Brady does not even come close to even 35 TD's without him.

Brady threw some sweet passes to EVERYONE tonight. he only threw it to Moss once.

he was 26/28 on passing. His 92.9 completion percentage was an NFL-record in the playoffs and regular season!!

sounds like he's alot better than u claim him to be.

JediSamuraiMRB
Brady threw some sweet passes to EVERYONE tonight. he only threw it to Moss once.

he was 26/28 on passing. His 92.9 completion percentage was an NFL-record in the playoffs and regular season!!

Love or hate Brady/Patriots you have got to give them their props.

Smasandian

No he isnt. He is the second best QB in the league. I dont really he can be better than that.

Mr Parker
well I would love to have the chargers go on and upset the patriots and win it all next week but that'll never happen.The chargers are way too banged up and dinged and may not even have Rivers next week.So I would say that would be pretty impossible for them to pull off.oh well,the pariots are my second favorite team now because they got two former Charger greats Juniour Seau and Rodney Harrision so i will really be happy for them win they win it all.

pinkfloydkor
rivers will play, and so will LT

rivers said he felt that he ould have gone back in during the 4th quarter, and LT said he felt fine.

im not predicting an outcome, but im rooting for the chargers and it will be a greaat game

TheGame17
No he isnt. He is the second best QB in the league. I dont really he can be better than that.

from what i saw from Peyton Manning today, Brady is clearly #1

and yur obviously being stubborn and not even putting Brady's numbers into consideration.

Smasandian
**** off about Brady's numbers.

The first year Brady has better numbers than Manning and were now saying that Brady does. What happened to Brady being the best because of his Superbowl wins and stats dont matter. Now they do?

Manning is still the better QB.

JediSamuraiMRB
Tom Brady is the better qb. Peyton Manning is clearly the number two. You can also put Tony Romo in with D. McNabb since both are bums.

Cosmic Cube
**** off about Brady's numbers.

The first year Brady has better numbers than Manning and were now saying that Brady does. What happened to Brady being the best because of his Superbowl wins and stats dont matter. Now they do?

Manning is still the better QB. No he's not.

Give me Tom any day. This is coming from a Pat hater.

Tom is always cool no matter the situation. Peyton gets flustered, far more easily.

Everyone is just on Peyton's sack because he's the NFL poster-QB.

Tom's better. Now he just has more rings and better stats.

Smasandian
He doesnt have better stats. He had one season of better stats while Manning has had every other season with better stats.

Just this year Brady beat out Manning but nonbody remembers anything beyond 5 games in the NFL.

You mean Brady is the NFL poster-QB.

Pezmerga
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
No he's not.

Tom is always cool no matter the situation. Peyton gets flustered, far more easily.

Really? Last I checked the Patriots were the NFL's Poster Team, and Tom Brady gets a daily ass kissing from everyone. I really hope he falters hard. I hate them cocky s.o.b.s in foxboro.

botankus
I know it sounds funny, but watching the Pats play is kind of boring. 5-yard completion, 6-yard completion, 7-yard run, 4-yard completion, 8-yard completion, 7-yard completion, 24-yard completion with 18 YAC, 4-yard TD pass. No suspense whatsoever.

At least while watching bad teams you have snaps going over the QB's head, collisions from late passes, defensive returns, etc...

Their best defensive player Rashean Matthis was on Moss, I think, but other than that success it's pretty obvious the Jags played a "bend but don't break" game on Saturday night. Fine for the other 31 teams, but there was two ways the Jags failed as a coaching staff.

1) I know they didn't blitz, and it seemed to work OK for most of the game, but when the Pats were inside the red zone, Brady could have done his taxes back there while he was checking off 4 WR's before hitting his target.

2) The DB's should have jumped a few routes in the 4th quarter. They wanted to prevent the YAC's (and they did), but when you get down by 2 scores and can't really stop them from moving the ball (and eating up clock since the Pats had limited amount of YAC), you gotta jump some routes. Take some chances. Didn't see that happen.

Mr Parker
No he's not.

yeah great point.yeah this is also coming from a guy who hates both teams.well I want them to win this year so Harrison and Seau get their rings, but after that I will hate them almost as much as the colts.But yeah like cosmic cube said,Peyton gets flustered at times where Brady is always mr cool no matter what.

Smasandian
What?

One major complaint about Brady is that once you get a hand in his face during the game, he isnt the same QB at all.

With peoples short attention span in the NFL, they havnt notice that Brady can masterbate for 30mins before being touched.

But one thing is for sure, Brady isnt the same player when he gets pressured. Just nonbody sees him getting pressured this year and noboby ever remembers anything past 5 games in the NFL.

Cosmic Cube
What?

One major complaint about Brady is that once you get a hand in his face during the game, he isnt the same QB at all.

With peoples short attention span in the NFL, they havnt notice that Brady can masterbate for 30mins before being touched.

But one thing is for sure, Brady isnt the same player when he gets pressured. Just nonbody sees him getting pressured this year and noboby ever remembers anything past 5 games in the NFL. The Pat's O-Line really isn't that good. The Colt's have one of the best blocking running backs in the game, other than LT.

I never got that memo. Brady is great under pressure, and he works best when the game is on the line.

Plain and simple, he's better than Peyton.

Smasandian
Your ****ing kidding me?

The Pats O-line isnt very good?

Brady is great under pressure?

Yeah......sure thing buddy.

Barker
Patriots 17-1 come Sunday afternoon.. biscuits

botankus
Yeah, having the option to not only send out 4 WR's and a TE on every play, plus the RB screen option another 50% of the time...those five guys up front are really struggling. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cosmic Cube
Your ****ing kidding me?

The Pats O-line isnt very good?

Brady is great under pressure?

Yeah......sure thing buddy. Didn't say they weren't very good, but you talk about them like they're the best in football history, or even in the NFL today. And pass profection isn't all about the O-line, in case you didn't know. And yes, the Colts O-line is better, and more agile. You talk like Brady gets an average of 7 or more seconds to throw the ball. More like 3-4. I don't know which Pats you've been watching, but I can name several superior passblocking O-line-Back comboes in the league.

You just want to believe that Peyton's better. In reality, he's the one that gets rattled, while Tom is always cool. You never see Tom lose his composure, meanwhile Peyton cries on the sideline while the game's sill going on.

Cosmic Cube
Yeah, having the option to not only send out 4 WR's and a TE on every play, plus the RB screen option another 50% of the time...those five guys up front are really struggling. roll eyes (sarcastic) Are you supporting his argument of mine?

Cause one way or another, you just proved my point. They don't often get the shit blitzed out of them, unless they're running an empty backfield, and against pass rushing D-ends, the Pats run RB screens and inside runs to take them out of their game.

The Pats O-line really isn't that great. They're good enough to do their jobs most of the time, but they don't give 15 seconds of protection like smashadain says they do. He just wants to downplay Tom. I don't know how many times I've seen the pocket get crushed, because the center or one of the guards gets manhandled. The tackles aren't that agile either, they get beat with inside moves all the time. I've even seen Matt Light trip a guy that beat him inside for a 15 yard penalty.

When that doesn't happen, Tom steps up and delivers the ball, no sweat.

Smasandian
I think our point is that there great O-line, the best in the league and probably in the past couple of years allows them to throw the ball every play and and still protect Brady for more than 5 second with only 5 guys against the D-line and usually a few blitzers.

That's a great o-line.

A bad o-line is the ones on where you need a TE every play just to help protect and usually an RB to stay back an help to protect. They dont do that with the Patriots.

WrathfulDwarf
At this point in the season I don't think the Patriots flaws out weight their success.

Honestly...

Smasandian
What flaws do they have?

I'm saying they have a great O-line.

Cosmic Cube
I think our point is that there great O-line, the best in the league and probably in the past couple of years allows them to throw the ball every play and and still protect Brady for more than 5 second with only 5 guys against the D-line and usually a few blitzers.

That's a great o-line.

A bad o-line is the ones on where you need a TE every play just to help protect and usually an RB to stay back an help to protect. They dont do that with the Patriots. They aren't the best line in the league, that's for sure. Tom doesn't get 5 seconds a play, and he doesn't need it.

Did you watch Giants vs Pats? Or Baltimore vs. Pats? Their respective D-lines were kicking the shit out of the Pat's O-lines. Maybe you weren't paying attention, but they sure were max-protecting in those games.

Bottom line is, if you put the best front four in the league against the Pat's O-Line with no help, they'd get molly-whopped. I could name at least 5 offensive lines that are better over-all than the Pats. One is San Diego's.

botankus
I could name at least 5 offensive lines that are better over-all than the Pats. One is San Diego's.

I'll give you that. I could also name 25 offensive lines that are worse than New England's. Easy example: Pittsburgh's is three times as worse.

Cosmic Cube
I'll give you that. I could also name 25 offensive lines that are worse than New England's. Easy example: Pittsburgh's is three times as worse. You're right. I'm just saying they aren't the best.

I'm not a Pat's fan, (closer to a Pat's hater) but I hate when people try to discredit Tom. He's the best Quarterback in the game today, and it shows 99% of the time he's on the field. And if anything, he's at his best when the pressure's on and the game is on the line.

Smasandian
He's best when the game is on the line, but I still disagree about when he is pressured.

He is just like any other QB in the league when being pressured and he is not as good as Manning when it comes down to it. Whenever you watch a game with the Colts, they usually talk about how when your blitz Manning, he tends to do better.

I'm not discrediting Brady at all, and I consider him the second best QB in the league, but I still Manning is better.

You can give me stats all you want but what matter is that overall, Manning has the better stats than Brady by a far margin. But of course, everybody is going to say well, "Brady has 3 Superbowls", while Manning only has one. Then I have to say is who cares, football is still a team sport.

Wonder_Woman56
You're right. I'm just saying they aren't the best.

I'm not a Pat's fan, (closer to a Pat's hater) but I hate when people try to discredit Tom. He's the best Quarterback in the game today, and it shows 99% of the time he's on the field. And if anything, he's at his best when the pressure's on and the game is on the line.

I totally agree with you
I'm NOT a pats fan at all, but you got to admit
there team is doing amazing this season

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Barker
Patriots 17-1 come Sunday afternoon.. biscuits

uh dude,that'll never happen.The chargers might have had a chance if they were going in there all healthy and at full strength but their 3 best play makers are ailing,hurting and banged up.Gates is playing basically on one leg,LT will be doing the same,and Rivers is questionable.

But hey,you should actually be pulling for the Patriots THIS year like I am because Seau will finally get a superbowl VICTORY ring.You got to be happy for him on that,he deserves it.Rodney Harrison will get one as well. smile He has had a couple with the patriots so its really Seau Im mostly happy for.

Barker
.hae

BobbyD
You heard it first: Giants over Pats in the Super Bowl.

Giants 26, Pats 24.

Blax_Hydralisk
Actually, two days ago someone said the exact same thing to me in another forum. I told him the ssame thing I shall tell you:

*facepalm*

BobbyD
laughing out loud

That's not nice.

Mr Parker
That wouldnt surprise me too much if that happened.I was looking at all the teams that might have a chance to beat The patriots if they played each other in the second round games and here is what the announcers were saying during that time which I agree with. Cowboys? if they play them like they did at the beginning of the year they could but the way they been playing the last month of the year I dont think they have a chance. The Packers? Not if they play like they did against the seahawks and get down by two touchdowns the way they did against them they wont. The Chargers? they are beat up and hurt right now so I just dont see them going into new england and being able to win up there. The Giants? They would be the best team at this point that might be able to bea them.They almost beat them up in new york in the season finale and made them come back from 12 points down to win that game.I think they would be the team that would have the best chance of doing it but they couldnt get it done in new york when they needed to so I just dont see anybody being able to beat them.

I also think the Giants will be their toughest test for them in the playoffs and it will come down to a field goal with the patriots winning it all in the end.To his credit,Eli Manning has performed well but he will get nervous in the big game and make some mistakes that will hurt them.Brady has been there and done it many times so its old hat to him and he will be calm and relaxed.

Blax_Hydralisk
laughing out loud

That's not nice.

stick out tongue

Darth Martin
I guess not. sad

Good game nonetheless.

DanZeke25
18-1 w00t

Smasandian
I have to admit, you did tell us that the Pats will lose eventually. haha.

quanchi112
uh dude,that'll never happen.The chargers might have had a chance if they were going in there all healthy and at full strength but their 3 best play makers are ailing,hurting and banged up.Gates is playing basically on one leg,LT will be doing the same,and Rivers is questionable.

But hey,you should actually be pulling for the Patriots THIS year like I am because Seau will finally get a superbowl VICTORY ring.You got to be happy for him on that,he deserves it.Rodney Harrison will get one as well. smile He has had a couple with the patriots so its really Seau Im mostly happy for. It happened and you were dead wrong. The pats were choke artists. This proves the werent the best of all time.

pinkfloydkor
That wouldnt surprise me too much if that happened.I was looking at all the teams that might have a chance to beat The patriots if they played each other in the second round games and here is what the announcers were saying during that time which I agree with. Cowboys? if they play them like they did at the beginning of the year they could but the way they been playing the last month of the year I dont think they have a chance. The Packers? Not if they play like they did against the seahawks and get down by two touchdowns the way they did against them they wont. The Chargers? they are beat up and hurt right now so I just dont see them going into new england and being able to win up there. The Giants? They would be the best team at this point that might be able to bea them.They almost beat them up in new york in the season finale and made them come back from 12 points down to win that game.I think they would be the team that would have the best chance of doing it but they couldnt get it done in new york when they needed to so I just dont see anybody being able to beat them.

I also think the Giants will be their toughest test for them in the playoffs and it will come down to a field goal with the patriots winning it all in the end.To his credit,Eli Manning has performed well but he will get nervous in the big game and make some mistakes that will hurt them.Brady has been there and done it many times so its old hat to him and he will be calm and relaxed.

damn....

you called that right down to the score

Mr Parker
Originally posted by quanchi112
It happened and you were dead wrong. The pats were choke artists. This proves the werent the best of all time.

err no I was right.That post if you look back,was directed at barker telling him That the "CHARGERS" would never beat the patriots. roll eyes (sarcastic) I didnt say nothing about the partiots would never go undefeated.All I said was he should be pulling for the patriots to win it all since like me,he is a charger fan and that if they won it all,Seau would get his superbowl ring which is what I am most sad about the patriots losing more than anything else. sad

see Pinkfloyder saw where i said i wouldnt be surprised if the patriots lost the game.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by pinkfloydkor
damn....

you called that right down to the score

yeah down to the score i did.I knew it was going to be a close game.Man i cant believe it.The patriots didnt deserve to win this game at all.There is no reason they shouldnt have sacked Eli.The Giants won and they deserved it.they wanted it more.If The patriots wanted it badly,they would have made that sack.I cant believe it.Brady played like Manning did most of the year and Manning was the one who looked like the second coming of joe montana.NOT Brady. eek!

quanchi112
err no I was right.That post if you look back,was directed at barker telling him That the "CHARGERS" would never beat the patriots. roll eyes (sarcastic) I didnt say nothing about the partiots would never go undefeated.All I said was he should be pulling for the patriots to win it all since like me,he is a charger fan and that if they won it all,Seau would get his superbowl ring which is what I am most sad about the patriots losing more than anything else. sad

see Pinkfloyder saw where i said i wouldnt be surprised if the patriots lost the game. You said that Seua would get his ring and that they would win a close one. Not saying you were totally shocked by the outcome but that you were wrong with regards to the winner of the game.

Strahan deserved a ring more than Seau. Seau wasnt a Pat for long while Strahan stuck it out in New York and came back after Barber retired and they won then. stick out tongue

BobbyD
You heard it first: Giants over Pats in the Super Bowl.

Giants 26, Pats 24.

I love it when I'm right. big grin

quanchi112
I love it when I'm right. big grin But did you really believe they were going to lose or did you just say it for the helluva it.

Mr Parker
You said that Seua would get his ring and that they would win a close one. Not saying you were totally shocked by the outcome but that you were wrong with regards to the winner of the game.

Strahan deserved a ring more than Seau. Seau wasnt a Pat for long while Strahan stuck it out in New York and came back after Barber retired and they won then. stick out tongue

well yeah i was wrong about the winner of the game.But like I said,I wasnt at all surprised that the Giants won.I knew if the patriots won,it wouldnt be easy for them.I knew they would be their toughest test for them in the playoffs.as i pointed out,I had a feeling it would be a close game coming down to a field goal.Yeah he probably deserved it more but Im not a Giants fan.a Chargers fan thats why I was saddend by the patriots losing.Hope Seau retires and comes back and plays for the chargers cause i think they are going to be in it next year now that they got rid of marty the moron and martyball cant screw it up for the chargers anymore in the playoffs.they dont call marty ONE AND DONE in the playoffs for nothing. laughing

quanchi112
well yeah i was wrong about the winner of the game.But like I said,I wasnt at all surprised that the Giants won.I knew if the patriots won,it wouldnt be easy for them.I knew they would be their toughest test for them in the playoffs.as i pointed out,I had a feeling it would be a close game coming down to a field goal.Yeah he probably deserved it more but Im not a Giants fan.a Chargers fan thats why I was saddend by the patriots losing.Hope Seau retires and comes back and plays for the chargers cause i think they are going to be in it next year now that they got rid of marty the moron and martyball cant screw it up for the chargers anymore in the playoffs.they dont call marty ONE AND DONE in the playoffs for nothing. laughing I think they were better with marty. He built the team. He would have gotten over the hump imo. I dont think the Chargers will ever win one although I wouldnt mind being wrong. They choke....but then again so did the Colts until last year.

BobbyD
But did you really believe they were going to lose or did you just say it for the helluva it.

Q, this is from YOUR thread even....

It's a quote of mine from there (greatest single season team of all time)

....is exactly why the Giants should win, and why I'm picking them to win. They are flat out, no doubt about it, no rocket science, so easy to see that a casual fan can tell are playing the better football. The Chargers w/o LT, Gates, and healthy Rivers, is like playing the Dolphins. And the Pats barely survived.

This is reminiscient to the Steelers going a couple of years ago when they beat 3 road teams and got hot at the right time to win the Super Bowl. The outcome "should" be no different.

Mr Parker
I think they were better with marty. He built the team. He would have gotten over the hump imo. I dont think the Chargers will ever win one although I wouldnt mind being wrong. They choke....but then again so did the Colts until last year.

Dude you know how many chargers fans are NOW elated that Marty is gone? They regret it now big time that they were chanting at the beginning of the year when they lost at home to the chiefs for marty to come back when the chargers got off to a 1 and 3 start.Dude take it from a guy who lives in kansas city.A J smith firing marty was the smartest thing he ever did.He knew about martys past playoff failures.thats why he gave him the ultimatum that if he could not win at least one playoff game last year he was gone because of his past playoff history.He was single handedly the one to blame for the chargers playoff losses with the chargersto both the patriots last year and the Jets in 04 because he made idiotic asinine decisions that cost them those games.do I have to relive those costly decisions for you that cost the chargers those games because of marty?Whenever marty gets to the playoffs,his mind freezes up.He is known here in kansas city and now in san diego as ONE AND DONE MARTY for good reason.I have many friends in san Diego and when they hired marty back then they were all saying-Man how could they have hired that idiot? what the hell are they thinking? they could not believe it either that the Chargers were stupid enough to hire him.

dude thats living in a fantasy world to think he would ever have gotten them over the hump.Are you forgetting how that idiot cost the kansas city clowns-i mean the kansas city chiefs playoffl games as well when he coached them with the same asinine idiotic decisions? If he had started Rich "GANNON THE CANNON" in the 97 playoff game they lost to the denver broncos at home in their first round game instead of Elvis Grbec-I mean Elvis Garbage,they would have beaten them and gone to the superbowl and won the whole thing that year.and this is coming from a guy who hates the kansas city clowns.ask anybody around here.they know how much I hate them. Marty is a moron. Back then Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells were interviewed back then about who THEY thought marty should start in that playoff game against the broncos and they both said if they were marty,they would start Gannon.

They were the best team in the league that year.They should have been in the superbowl and would have been if Gannon had played that game against the broncos.under Gannon,the chiefs averaged 30 points a game,under grbeck,they only averaged 15 points per game.when he got hurt,Marty brought him back and had him start one game before the playoffs started.One game is not enough to get yourself back into rhythem for the playoffs.Elvis had the broncos defense on their heels during one of thier drives in that game and he called a timeout during that time because he was tired. roll eyes (sarcastic) that turned out to be costly for the chiefs because it allowed the broncos to regroup and get refreashed and they held them to a field goal on that drive where if elvis had not called that time out,he had them on their heels and they had no idea how to stop them and couldnt catch their breath,that they would have scored a touchdown easily on them if he hadnt called the timeout then.

Plus Neil smith who played most of his career with the chiefs then joined the broncos later on in his career even said himself in the papers that he later joined the broncos because he knew if he ever wanted a superbowl ring,he would never get one with marty.He also said that to take it easy on Elvis Grbeck when they sacked him because they did not want him to get hurt because they wanted no part of rich gannon.

I mean Gannon the Cannon turned the pathetic Oakland Raiders franchise around when he joined.He took them from being a laughingstock in the league,the oakland faiders -"which they are again now that he retired from football." and got them to their first superbowl in 18 years.

Like i said,i can go into all kinds of details as well on how Marty made asinie idiotic decisons that cost the chargers from winning those playoff losses to the patriots and jets if you want as well. The Chargers had been so horrible for so many years,that Marty ran into the same situation that Norv did.He inherited a team that got such great draft choices with talented players it was a given that team was going to turn itself around.I said from the very beginning back then when the chargers drafted Drew Brees.That Brees was going to make marty look good.Norvs mind doesnt freeze up in the playoffs and he didint make asinie idiotic decisons that cost the chargers games against the titans or colts.Marty I guarantee you,would have found a way to blow it against the titans.He woulndt have taken the chance that Turner did by putting the ball in Rivers hands and letting him make plays deep downfield like he did.He would more than likely have gotten conservative and played MARTYBALL which is proven not to work in the playoffs,and kept running LT hoping he would make a big play for him.

I think now that the chargers have adjusted to thier new coaching staff,they'll be in the superbowl next year.I think they would have beaten the patriots if they hadnt been so dinged up.

also when you say the chargers choke,well thats not an accurate statement at all.It WOULD be accurate if you say the chargers choke under MARTY.MARTY'S football teams ALWAYS choke.Norv though has proven he can win playoff football games for the chargers and he even beat the superbowl champs from last year and had to come from behind to do so without Tomlinson and Rivers which was pretty amazing.The only team Norv lost to in the PLAYOFFS was the unbeaten patriots.So Norvs Chargers are hardly a team that chokes.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>