any one think Healing Factors are.........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlehammer
given out to easily.

I mean now a days every one and there mothers has them. Use to be only a few characters had it.

batdude123
Pffft... even I have a healing factor.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by batdude123
Pffft... even I have a healing factor.

lol.

batdude123
Really though, they hand out healing factors like candy nowadays.

Battlehammer
Really though, they hand out healing factors like candy nowadays.
I know. Hell im not even sure I can name all the people with healing factors lol.

batdude123
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healing_factor#DC_Comics

They even probably forgot to name some.

SwindlingSmurph

They even probably forgot to name some. Tony Stark...

Symmetric Chaos

They even probably forgot to name some.

lol, sad.

Kurash
yeah i agree, theyve made it less and less unique to have

Doctor-Alvis
Accelerated healing is a very basic ability that can be tied to just about any other power set. Comic-wise, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave a low level healing factor to a guy just because he's in shape.

endrict
Aunt May with HF = pwnage

endrict
Originally posted by Battlehammer
given out to easily.

I mean now a days every one and there mothers has them. Use to be only a few characters had it.

I completely agree with you.

I guess Logan set the bench mark for comic characters as did Supes for his knock offs.

ragesRemorse
it doesnt matter. Superman would still make them all wish they were an alien from kryptone

grey fox
I think they need to differentiate from a Healing Factor and regeneration.

llagrok
Aren't a lotta people capable of healing...

Battlehammer
Originally posted by llagrok
Aren't a lotta people capable of healing...

........yes thats the point of the thread. They been given them out like candy for years now.

Doctor-Alvis
........yes thats the point of the thread. They been given them out like candy for years now.
Who doesn't want their favorite character to have less downtime?

llagrok
This is just another fanboy crying because Wolverine isn't original anymore.

Soljer
Anyone think super strength is given out too easily? How about being impervious to bullets? Flight? Energy blasts?

I'd say those are more common than healing factors. ermm.

Endless Mike
Hulk had one before Wolverine existed

SuperiorTech
adamantium that shit is suppose to be rare but it's all over the damn place even found enough to shoot the hulk full of holes.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by llagrok
This is just another fanboy crying because Wolverine isn't original anymore.
............it has nothing to do with that.

other people had them for years even before he did.

just seems like every one is getting one now a days even people who never had them now seem to be granted it.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Soljer
Anyone think super strength is given out too easily? How about being impervious to bullets? Flight? Energy blasts?

true. But no one was ever that surprized to see this.

a healing factor use to be an uncomon thing were villains be surpized the person came back to life and some such now it so common it seems kinda dumb for a villian to be surprized when some one heals.

I mean they must have seen a dozen other characters heal.

just seems like thats been marvels new trend to just give every new, even old characters the ability to heal.

not saying it dumb or what not. just saying it a new trend and it given out like candy.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by grey fox
I think they need to differentiate from a Healing Factor and regeneration.

ya they should .

Doctor-Alvis
But no one was ever that surprized to see this.
I don't think a whole lot of people are surprized to see a lot of healing factors either.

llagrok
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I don't think a whole lot of people are surprized to see a lot of healing factors either.

I agree.

WrathfulDwarf
Healing factors aren't as bad as Mindwipes.

Battlehammer
actaully they were in comics. I can't even rember the amount of times people were like............wait dident I kiill you and what not.

emporerpants
i'd prefer if less people had healing factors. more people having super strength isn't as bad as more people being unkillable running around. less people with healing factors ftw.

willRules
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
adamantium that shit is suppose to be rare but it's all over the damn place even found enough to shoot the hulk full of holes.

Agreed, Adamantium would be almost as popular as healing factors if you don't count the DCU yes

Alfheim

B.A

Alfheim

Way to miss the point.......again.

Creshosk

Alfheim
Originally posted by Creshosk
Wolverine's overexposure has been around since the 90s. He's still being "overexposed".

Spiderman's overexposure has been around since HE first appeared in multiple titles. His over exposure has continued.

Hulk's continues as well.

Certain characters do well despite being showcased everywhere.

Punisher failed because A.) He keeps running out of villians. B.) He's not quite as interesting as Batman another human with no powers that's a superhero.

Now why does batman succeed where Punisher failed? Batman's a ninja, and that's one of the major archetypes that people love. The most popular actually being the Cowboy.

Yeah but....im not going to add anything because it just might start a flame. no expression ...... awwww **** it you Wolverine fans are nuts!!!!!

Blight
Wolverine's overexposure has been around since the 90s. He's still being "overexposed".

Spiderman's overexposure has been around since HE first appeared in multiple titles. His over exposure has continued.

Hulk's continues as well.

Certain characters do well despite being showcased everywhere.

Punisher failed because A.) He keeps running out of villians. B.) He's not quite as interesting as Batman another human with no powers that's a superhero.

Now why does batman succeed where Punisher failed? Batman's a ninja, and that's one of the major archetypes that people love. The most popular actually being the Cowboy. I like Gladiators.

I stopped liking Wolverine when Hama left...

Alfheim
Anyway forget my last post.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah but....im not going to add anything because it just might start a flame. no expression ...... awwww **** it you Wolverine fans are nuts!!!!! You wolverine fans?

I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. Wolverine hasn't been cancled due to overexposure (You'll note that I'm not arguing against him being over exposed what with the Wolverine trillogy of movies he has out). Neither have some other big names that have been around and been everywhere for ages.

Hell, Look at Superman. Every comic company has a superman clone. He even has towns that plaster his image all over and has trancended the cultural boundries. He hasn't been canceled. He's still going strong.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Blight
I like Gladiators.

I stopped liking Wolverine when Hama left... I'm a by-proxy fan of Wolverine.. but that bond has been weakened as of late.

Gladiators? I'm not sure if that's an archetype really. at least not one that's really as high up there as knights, ninja, pirates, cowboys, robots, etc.

Alfheim
You wolverine fans?

I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. Wolverine hasn't been cancled due to overexposure (You'll note that I'm not arguing against him being over exposed what with the Wolverine trillogy of movies he has out). Neither have some other big names that have been around and been everywhere for ages.

Hell, Look at Superman. Every comic company has a superman clone. He even has towns that plaster his image all over and has trancended the cultural boundries. He hasn't been canceled. He's still going strong.

Meh forget what I said anyway its the Wolverine hate talking.

Blight
I'm a by-proxy fan of Wolverine.. but that bond has been weakened as of late.

Gladiators? I'm not sure if that's an archetype really. at least not one that's really as high up there as knights, ninja, pirates, cowboys, robots, etc. Weakened because of lame things like Sabertooth being taken down to easily? Or the fact that Wildchild is now some kind of SS nazi and not a good guy? I used to LOVE Wolverine... but slowly I just grew apart from the character. Then you come on here and the mixed annoyance of the Wolverine Bashing and the Wolverine Fanboys and you've got me not wanting to hear about Wolverine at all anymore erm

Gladiator's are so badass though. Check out Russel Crowe!

Robot's are alright. I had an idea for a robot with Psychic Powers... thought that would be cool.. don't think it's been done before... but then again everything has laughing

Soljer
Way to miss the point.......again.

Way to miss the joke. I was just giving Capt shit.

Yeah but....im not going to add anything because it just might start a flame. no expression ...... awwww **** it you Wolverine fans are nuts!!!!!

And there's about all you can ever add to a thread. Wonderful.

Alfheim
Way to miss the joke. I was just giving Capt shit.

Yeah so what you're a troll.

And there's about all you can ever add to a thread. Wonderful.

Er no....but nevermind.

Creshosk
Weakened because of lame things like Sabertooth being taken down to easily? Or the fact that Wildchild is now some kind of SS nazi and not a good guy? I used to LOVE Wolverine... but slowly I just grew apart from the character. Then you come on here and the mixed annoyance of the Wolverine Bashing and the Wolverine Fanboys and you've got me not wanting to hear about Wolverine at all anymore erm Nah, just due to the distancing between my favorite character (the reason for the proxy) and Wolvie. I was kinda distanced from him before the take down and before the Nazi wildchild thing.

Gladiator's are so badass though. Check out Russel Crowe!And how many non-gladiator gladiators can you think of?

Robot's are alright. I had an idea for a robot with Psychic Powers... thought that would be cool.. don't think it's been done before... but then again everything has laughing Psychic robot. Cool idea.

JasonK4
Yeah so what you're a troll.

Er no....but nevermind.
Actually, Soljer isn't a troll. smile

Creshosk
Yeah so what you're a troll.Soljer's not a troll. There's a difference between ribbing a guy and being a troll.

Er no....but nevermind. yeah, you do tend to add more frustration than that casual "I could say something but I'm not going to." bit which is rather whacked...

Alfheim
Originally posted by JasonK4
Actually, Soljer isn't a troll. smile

Ok Soljer isn't a troll. no expression

Soljer's not a troll. There's a difference between ribbing a guy and being a troll.

yeah, you do tend to add more frustration than that casual "I could say something but I'm not going to." bit which is rather whacked...

Done any sparring lately?

Blight
Nah, just due to the distancing between my favorite character (the reason for the proxy) and Wolvie. I was kinda distanced from him before the take down and before the Nazi wildchild thing.
I see. Like I said before.. I stopped after Hama was gone. Didn't like that they kept putting on different writers and different artists every issue... just never fell back on.

And how many non-gladiator gladiators can you think of?
All the ones in my head... which is surprisingly a lot.

Also Spartacus... one of my favorites.

Psychic robot. Cool idea.
Don't I know it laughing

JasonK4

Done any sparring lately?
Good. smile

Creshosk

Done any sparring lately? Not recently, I've been kinda sick lately.

I see. Like I said before.. I stopped after Hama was gone. Didn't like that they kept putting on different writers and different artists every issue... just never fell back on. Meh, different art and writers never bothered me.

All the ones in my head... which is surprisingly a lot.

Also Spartacus... one of my favorites.Okay, but what characters fit the "gladiator" archetype?

Don't I know it laughing How's your story going by the way?

Alfheim
Originally posted by JasonK4
Good. smile

Anything you say.

Blight
Okay, but what characters fit the "gladiator" archetype?

How's your story going by the way? Probably none... don't care. All the ones in my head do no expression And Blair Wind Will when I write my story laughing

Do you read Exiles? During the time Mimic was forced by the skrulls to be a gladiator? That was so badass!

My story is coming along alright.. I keep coming up with new characters instead of actually sitting down and writing out the story. I always have an issue with the first story.

Soljer
Awww. love Jason and Cresh.

Creshosk
Probably none... don't care. All the ones in my head do no expression And Blair Wind Will when I write my story laughingBlair wind a gladiator archetype. Awesome.

Do you read Exiles? During the time Mimic was forced by the skrulls to be a gladiator? That was so badass!Just what qualifies one as a "gladiator archetype" anyway?

My story is coming along alright.. I keep coming up with new characters instead of actually sitting down and writing out the story. I always have an issue with the first story. I'd like to have an issue OF the first story.

Blight
Blair wind a gladiator archetype. Awesome.
Yeah, he'll be badass.

Just what qualifies one as a "gladiator archetype" anyway?
Toned and oily like skin. Very muscular but not too bulky (hence toned). Generally longer hair, but it's not needed. Sordid past, general or soldier of some sort. Nearly naked but there should be some kind of leather strap around the chest... somewhere.

I'd like to have an issue OF the first story. Yeah I know erm

I've got the first 3 pages down. But I'm SUCH a procrastinator.

JasonK4
Awww. love Jason and Cresh.
Friendzz 4 evar !

ermmhappy

Doctor-Alvis
actaully they were in comics. I can't even rember the amount of times people were like............wait dident I kiill you and what not.
I meant in real life. In comics though, everyone seems to be as naive and gullible as a normal person just getting into this super power thing.

If I was a comic villain, I would hang around volcanoes, because everyone I kill will be cremated and their ashes thrown into the lava and their bloodstains burned off any surface it splattered on. I dare someone to heal from and/or retcon that!

Robot's are alright. I had an idea for a robot with Psychic Powers... thought that would be cool.. don't think it's been done before... but then again everything has laughing
Vision?

Blight
I meant in real life. In comics though, everyone seems to be as naive and gullible as a normal person just getting into this super power thing.

If I was a comic villain, I would hang around volcanoes, because everyone I kill will be cremated and their ashes thrown into the lava and their bloodstains burned off any surface it splattered on. I dare someone to heal from and/or retcon that!

Vision? When was vision ever Psychic?

Battlehammer

Battlehammer
Weakened because of lame things like Sabertooth being taken down to easily? Or the fact that Wildchild is now some kind of SS nazi and not
...............how was sabertooth taken out easily? He was taken out by a sword that made him unable to heal thats far from to easy.

wild child characters been so ****ed with over the years and changed it actaully a huge improvement to his character making him a bad guy.

Doctor-Alvis
When was vision ever Psychic?
I thought he had some kind of pseudo-telepathy powers. I dunno, I never liked Vision.

Blight
I thought he had some kind of pseudo-telepathy powers. I dunno, I never liked Vision. Could be. Didn't follow him much. I thought he just had the phasing powers.

Blight
...............how was sabertooth taken out easily? He was taken out by a sword that made him unable to heal thats far from to easy.

wild child characters been so ****ed with over the years and changed it actaully a huge improvement to his character making him a bad guy. And yet the fight didn't even last that long... it was like Wolverine was "putting him down".. like a rabbit dog. That Comic was effing lame and you know it, I know it, your mom knows it for god's sake.

Sabretooth has always been someone Logan had to REALLY struggle against.. I just don't think the way he died was a good enough testiment to his character. erm

Battlehammer
And yet the fight didn't even last that long... it was like Wolverine was "putting him down".. like a rabbit dog. That Comic was effing lame and you know it, I know it, your mom knows it for god's sake.

Sabretooth has always been someone Logan had to REALLY struggle against.. I just don't think the way he died was a good enough testiment to his character. erm

...........Logan struggles becuase sabertooth can heal easily form the damage.

why would Logan have trouble versing a sabertooth who was a mindless unthinking animal when he had a sword that could stop sabertooth healing factor?

It be retarded if it was a fight.

I mean the two of them are almost equals with slight edge to sabertooth.

............so why would Logan have trouble when he has a weapon that gives him such a massive advantage?

come on think about it.

Blight
...........Logan struggles becuase sabertooth can heal easily form the damage.

why would Logan have trouble versing a sabertooth who was a mindless unthinking animal when he had a sword that could stop sabertooth healing factor?

It be retarded if it was a fight.

I mean the two of them are almost equals with slight edge to sabertooth.

............so why would Logan have trouble when he has a weapon that gives him such a massive advantage?

come on think about it. Dude, UNDERSTAND me.

You JUST explained why it was a lame comic. Sabretooth should go out with a bang, not be put down like a rabid dog in a 4 page fight that was riddled with flashbacks! (Yeah, I exaggerate)

Battlehammer
Dude, UNDERSTAND me.

You JUST explained why it was a lame comic. Sabretooth should go out with a bang, not be put down like a rabid dog in a 4 page fight that was riddled with flashbacks! (Yeah, I exaggerate)

...........so you disliked the issue. Thats ok, but saying that sabertooth should not have been taken down say sabertooth should not have been taken down so easily is reiduclous given Logans weapon.

true it would have been cooler if they had fought with out the sword, but the point was there was no other way. They are unable to kill eachothers. That was the entire point of run. That there was no other way, but the sword.

Bransolute
Dude, UNDERSTAND me.

You JUST explained why it was a lame comic. Sabretooth should go out with a bang, not be put down like a rabid dog in a 4 page fight that was riddled with flashbacks! (Yeah, I exaggerate) They've had shorter fights.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/WhatThe25p43.jpg

Soljer
He's not saying the fight was poorly written according to the circumstances.

He's saying the circumstances themselves were a cop out and/or unimaginative.

Doctor-Alvis
Nice jeans though.

Blight

He's saying the circumstances themselves were a cop out and/or unimaginative. THANK you!

Though the whole story was written poorly too.

Whoever wrote it (can't remember who) does NOT know Rahne's Accent... agh.. I wrote about this a while ago in some other thread. I don't feel like repeating myself.

Battlehammer

He's saying the circumstances themselves were a cop out and/or unimaginative.

though if you read the entire run and not that single issue you know it it had to happen like that. There was no other way Logan could put him down for good.

Blight
though if you read the entire run and not that single issue you know it it had to happen like that. There was no other way Logan could put him down for good. Doesn't make it not a poorly written issue. erm

Battlehammer
Doesn't make it not a poorly written issue. erm

actaully it does. I mean there nothing poor about it if you read the entire arc. It had to end that way. there was no other way to end it. there was no need for an epic battle since well sabertooth stood no chance.

it made perfect senses.

sabertooth had lost all humanity and needed to be put down and in the end even he new it.

it looks bad as a single issue, but if you read the whole arc it makes complete senses.

Bransolute
Just because something makes sense... it doesn't mean it's a good arc, or issue.

Soljer
Originally posted by Bransolute
Just because something makes sense... it doesn't mean it's a good arc, or issue.

Agreed.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Bransolute
I personly liked the arc. thought it was interesting and had some good fight scenes

Blight
actaully it does. I mean there nothing poor about it if you read the entire arc. It had to end that way. there was no other way to end it. there was no need for an epic battle since well sabertooth stood no chance.

it made perfect senses.

sabertooth had lost all humanity and needed to be put down and in the end even he new it.

it looks bad as a single issue, but if you read the whole arc it makes complete senses. Dude... seriously...

Battlehammer
Dude... seriously... [/QUOTE

what was so wrong about the arc? aside from the lupin thing?

Blight
I did not think that the writing was very good at all in the issue.

First off, Jeph Loeb didn't write Rahne's Accent correctly:

"I dinnae Can say" translates to "I do not can say" so either she's an idiot, or the Writer doesn't understand the accent.

Second... WildChild... I'd think he'd be a little more afraid that since Wolverine just lobbed off Sabertooths head from a Magic (or whatever) sword, he might do the same to him. Instead he says "You can TRY to beat me" Well.... if wolverine tried, lets be honest... he'd Succeed.

Third, This Romulus thing.... I can't stop thinking about Romulux when they mention his name... The character from Aquateen Hunger Force. He's a Tar Monster from some planet that has a wicked MP3 Player... so everytime I read his name I'd bust up laughing.

Fourth, The MOUTH on Wolverine.... is that what makes him a badass these days? Calling people deuchbags and swearing all the time... I just don't remember it being so Vivid in Hama/Claremont's/ David's writing... so if it's done in all the other writers than I can understand it... I just won't like it.

Fifth, To me, Emma should have taken it better... makes her seem tame, but that's probably JUST me.

I think that's all my gripe... here's the good stuff.

1:
AWESOME COVER!!! Very classic, I dug that.

2:
AWESOME PENCIL'S AND COLORING!!! Very good.

3:
The part where Sabretooth kept trying to put his arm back on laughing:rolling:laughing
That made me rich with laughter.

So basically (to me) everything involving the art was executed properly, and everything that had to do with the Story was a bit lacking... but again... I don't know any of the context of the story... so yeah... I could be uninformed by the bad writing.

Battlehammer
do you really want me to counter your points? i mean a lot of them imply you never read the arc.

for starters sabertooth trying to put his arm on made complete senses if you read the issue. He was completely gone he was an animal acting on instincts. He also had that happen before and when he put his arm on it healed.

emma throwing up again makes perfect senses. For all of emma bravo she has not seen the type of mayham and carnage Logan has witnessed. so was cocky and she payed the price.

who gives a shit about the accent. writers mess them up all the time.

why would wild child be afraid? when he new romulus was right there? romulus is supose to be apoc level villain.

Logan did not sware that much and most of it was in his head. which is far from out of character for him.

also your problem with romulus name really does not matter.

Blight
do you really want me to counter your points? i mean a lot of them imply you never read the arc. Dude, Shut UP! Rain it in. The comic was shit. Calm down. Did I EVER say I read the arc? No... why? Because the story sucks? Why do I think the Story sucks? Because I do.

for starters sabertooth trying to put his arm on made complete senses if you read the issue. He was completely gone he was an animal acting on instincts. He also had that happen before and when he put his arm on it healed. You are a moron no expression I'm sorry... if you weren't a moron you'd notice that part was complimentary.... so again.. Shut up smile

emma throwing up again makes perfect senses. For all of emma bravo she has not seen the type of mayham and carnage Logan has witnessed. so was cocky and she payed the price. Emma was a villain for how long? confused The only thing I can see her being upset about was that Sabretooth takes pride in hurting women so much.. but shut up all the same smile

who gives a shit about the accent. writers mess them up all the time. I give a shit about the accent because it shows that it's bad writing... Do you know what writing is? Wait, don't answer that.. just shut up smile

why would wild child be afraid? when he new romulus was right there? romulus is supose to be apoc level villain. Someone else was right there? I sure didn't get that one. confused ROMULUX eek!

Logan did not sware that much and most of it was in his head. which is far from out of character for him. I have been in logan's head in comics before and he never called Cyclops a "Deuche" so...... shut up smile

also your problem with romulus name really does not matter. No it really doesn't, does it. It's just a stupid name smile

Serious, do you think I'm ever going to agree with you? Why do you even bother? Are you trying to stroke your ego or something? Just shut up big grin

Battlehammer
.........so in the end you never read the arc. You attack me. You have no good arguements. So pritty much you got caught talking out your ass and decided to act like a prick as if that woud some how neglectd the fact you were completely ignorant in your statments.

go read the arc before talking about it. Honestly. your only decent argument was the accent crap which means shit when it happens all the time with characters like gambit who are far more important then ferral.

I find it funny when some one can be so hipocritical. I mean you tell me to calm down and then go on some tirade when I was remaining calm. Not only that, but you attack me.

pethetic. go read the arc before speaking.

ps: just becuase your a villian does not mean you have seen or can handle seeing women brutally raped and killd.

also Logan has a number of occasions insulted cyclopes any number of ways in his thoughts or actaully said them out loud

Battlehammer
edit

Battlehammer
edit

Blight
.........so in the end you never read the arc. You attack me. You have no good arguements. So pritty much you got caught talking out your ass and decided to act like a prick as if that woud some how neglectd the fact you were completely ignorant in your statments.

go read the arc before talking about it. Honestly. your only decent argument was the accent crap which means shit when it happens all the time with characters like gambit who are far more important then ferral.

I find it funny when some one can be so hipocritical. I mean you tell me to calm down and then go on some tirade when I was remaining calm. Not only that, but you attack me.

pethetic. go read the arc before speaking. I can talk about an issue of an arc as much as I want. Just because YOU can't understand the concept of bad writing doesn't make ME have to read up on precursor's to garbage.

Yes, I never read the arc, Never claimed to, never will since I hated the issue.

The only time I attacked you was when you took offense to a compliment I made, which is moronic smile

How exactly am I being Hypocritical? I posted tons of smilies in there!

I will never read the arc.. and yet I will continue to speak smile Because I never said the arc was bad. I said the issue was bad... Stop talking about the arc. Shut up smile

Battlehammer
I can talk about an issue of an arc as much as I want. Just because YOU can't understand the concept of bad writing doesn't make ME have to read up on precursor's to garbage.

Yes, I never read the arc, Never claimed to, never will since I hated the issue.

The only time I attacked you was when you took offense to a compliment I made, which is moronic smile

How exactly am I being Hypocritical? I posted tons of smilies in there!

I will never read the arc.. and yet I will continue to speak smile Because I never said the arc was bad. I said the issue was bad... Stop talking about the arc. Shut up smile
..............and the only reason you think the issue is bad is becuases you understand nothing about it since you never read the arc.

your only real complaint that has any point at all is the accent the rest is clear ignorance.

.....how ar eyou a hypocrit? you tell me to calm down then go on a tirade........

you can think it a bad issue/arc all you want, but your reasons for doing so are due to ignorance.

you don't even have valid reasons and yet you act like it crazy for me to say I enjoyed the arc how funny.

Blight
..............and the only reason you think the issue is bad is becuases you understand nothing about it since you never read the arc.

your only real complaint that has any point at all is the accent the rest is clear ignorance.

.....how ar eyou a hypocrit? you tell me to calm down then go on a tirade........

you can think it a bad issue/arc all you want, but your reasons for doing so are due to ignorance.

you don't even have valid reasons and yet you act like it crazy for me to say I enjoyed the arc how funny. Will you go out with me? blushing winkiss

Battlehammer
Will you go out with me? blushing winkiss

laughing

it to hard to stay annoyed at you.

wish I had a banana suit so i could do this Happy Dance

Blight
laughing

it to hard to stay annoyed at you.

wish I had a banana suit so i could do this Happy Dance I believe in Exersise I believe inn being healthy and I think that milk is there to keep up your protein... mad

Battlehammer
I believe in Exersise I believe inn being healthy and I think that milk is there to keep up your protein... mad
hahahaha you got that clip to I see.

Blight
hahahaha you got that clip to I see. I EFFING HATE IT!!!!!!! mad

Battlehammer
I EFFING HATE IT!!!!!!! mad
laughing

girls kinda cute though

Creshosk
I believe in Exersise I believe inn being healthy and I think that milk is there to keep up your protein... mad You're supposed to save your man milk for the ladies Blight. Unless you're like Nvr or Spear of destiny, in which case they can have your man milk as well... but only those who want it.

Blight
You're supposed to save your man milk for the ladies Blight. Unless you're like Nvr or Spear of destiny, in which case they can have your man milk as well... but only those who want it. ARGH!!! YOU LUCKY SON OF A GUN!!

JasonK4
ermm

B.A
Hammer it was absolutely crap.

A big thumbs down. thumb down

Like most Wolverine comics these days.

SuperiorTech
http://www.thexaxis.com/wolverine/wolverine55.htm

Funny review of wolverine #55 my favorite part was this..

And Loeb's collection of people with wolf-like powers descended from wolves includes Feral (cat), Thornn (cat) and Sasquatch (magical creature). Hey, they've got fur, right? That's close enough. That's good enough for Jeph Loeb and Axel Alonso, and it'll damn well be good enough for you, oh paying customer. Dog, cat, sasquatch, whatever. They're close enough if you screw up your eyes and squint real hard.

Poor Rahne Sinclair gets some of her worst ever dialogue in this issue. "I dinnae can say, Logan." I mean, for heaven's sake, that's not any dialect known to man. "I don't can say"? Do you people even think about this stuff before sending it to the letterer? I know it's not technically a continuity point, but believe it, it makes me reach for my baseball bat regardless.

Now, I know what you're saying.

This is trivia. These are points of detail, of interest only to the sort of nitpicker who knows the difference between a cat and a sasquatch. This is America, goddamit, and if our children leave school knowing what a cat is, they've been reading too many books and playing too little football. What are you, some sort of difference-between-a-cat-and-a-sasquatch-knowing nancy boy? Such considerations are beneath Jeph Loeb, for he is thinking of the bigger picture. To the true maestro, the cat and the sasquatch are as one

This is America, goddamit, and if our children leave school knowing what a cat is, they've been reading too many books and playing too little football. What are you, some sort of difference-between-a-cat-and-a-sasquatch-knowing nancy boy laughing out loud

willRules

And Loeb's collection of people with wolf-like powers descended from wolves includes Feral (cat), Thornn (cat) and Sasquatch (magical creature). Hey, they've got fur, right? That's close enough. That's good enough for Jeph Loeb and Axel Alonso, and it'll damn well be good enough for you, oh paying customer. Dog, cat, sasquatch, whatever. They're close enough if you screw up your eyes and squint real hard.

Poor Rahne Sinclair gets some of her worst ever dialogue in this issue. "I dinnae can say, Logan." I mean, for heaven's sake, that's not any dialect known to man. "I don't can say"? Do you people even think about this stuff before sending it to the letterer? I know it's not technically a continuity point, but believe it, it makes me reach for my baseball bat regardless.

This is trivia. These are points of detail, of interest only to the sort of nitpicker who knows the difference between a cat and a sasquatch. This is America, goddamit, and if our children leave school knowing what a cat is, they've been reading too many books and playing too little football. What are you, some sort of difference-between-a-cat-and-a-sasquatch-knowing nancy boy? Such considerations are beneath Jeph Loeb, for he is thinking of the bigger picture. To the true maestro, the cat and the sasquatch are as one

This is America, goddamit, and if our children leave school knowing what a cat is, they've been reading too many books and playing too little football. What are you, some sort of difference-between-a-cat-and-a-sasquatch-knowing nancy boy laughing out loud

laughing

Battlehammer
Originally posted by B.A
Hammer it was absolutely crap.

A big thumbs down. thumb down

Like most Wolverine comics these days.

I bet 5 dollars you never read the arc.

I thought it was good for what it was. Logan verse sabertooth.

Citizen V
It was crap.

And I read it, too.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Citizen V
It was crap.

And I read it, too.

I enjoyed it .

Just pritty much Logan verses sabertooth over and over. Good fight scenes. introduction to new villain. Finally doing somethign worth while with wildchild.

bad side the lupin thing was kinda dumb.

black panther getting hand handle by sabertooth = priceless

Citizen V
I enjoyed it .

Just pritty much Logan verses sabertooth over and over. Good fight scenes. introduction to new villain. Finally doing somethign worth while with wildchild.

bad side the lupin thing was kinda dumb.

black panther getting hand handle by sabertooth = priceless

If all you're interested in is action and flashy art, sure.. it was good.

But if you actually bother to read the things in the boxes and speech bubbles? Not so much.

Atleast, IMO.

B.A
I bet 5 dollars you never read the arc.

I thought it was good for what it was. Logan verse sabertooth. I read it and it made me sick.

Soljer
I own it.

Very sick-y.

And I don't get why Battlehammer spent pages arguing over Blight's opinion...

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Citizen V
If all you're interested in is action and flashy art, sure.. it was good.

But if you actually bother to read the things in the boxes and speech bubbles? Not so much.

Atleast, IMO.

oh I read it. It was what it was. It was hype to be the end between the rivals

fights scenes were good the ending was what was supose to happenand really the only way to make sure sabertooth don't come back.

the only real downfall was the whole lupin thing. That was just kinda dumb.

people can complain about the wildchild thing all they want, but wildchild is a chump and been written so differently over the eyars his character is a mess. This should help change it and make him into a real character and hopefully stay the same.

like stated earlier black panther getting choked out by sabertooth was priceless.

Master-Borg

like stated earlier black panther getting choked out by sabertooth was priceless. laughing out loud

Blight
I own it.

Very sick-y.

And I don't get why Battlehammer spent pages arguing over Blight's opinion... I own it as well..

And No freaking Joke, man no expression

Capt, we don't blame you for liking it (well I do, kindof). But to the vast majority, that issue was Garbage coming from the compactor I often throw random shit without bags in. It just stinks, man. Terrible writing... that's about it.

And that Review pisses me off because it sounds too much like my opinion!! mad

HueyFreeman

This is America, goddamit, and if our children leave school knowing what a cat is, they've been reading too many books and playing too little football. What are you, some sort of difference-between-a-cat-and-a-sasquatch-knowing nancy boy laughing out loud That rating is so on the money.

King_Mungi
What did Scott Kolins think of Loeb's work?

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=2080&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Soljer
Originally posted by King_Mungi
What did Scott Kolins think of Loeb's work?

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=2080&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

I remember you posting that when it first came out, but I don't feel like fishing through alpha flight forums (eww, Canadians!) .

Did he ever follow up on it?

King_Mungi
I remember you posting that when it first came out, but I don't feel like fishing through alpha flight forums (eww, Canadians!) .

Did he ever follow up on it?

I forgot to ask sad

Battlehammer
well sas apearence really has nothing to do with the writer

King_Mungi
well sas apearence really has nothing to do with the writer

Yeah it was Loeb who brought him in and wanted to make him a Lupine.

Soljer
I forgot to ask sad

Go use your Canadian powers of inquisition and make a new thread or something. ermm.

I'd really like to know if they ever had words, and what Loeb had to say if they did.

King_Mungi
Go use your Canadian powers of inquisition and make a new thread or something. ermm.

I'd really like to know if they ever had words, and what Loeb had to say if they did.

I might email him, I havn't talked to him in awhile same with Oeming who actually gave me a shout out in Mice Templar #1 wink

Battlehammer
Yeah it was Loeb who brought him in and wanted to make him a Lupine.

yes, but the way he is drawn has nothing to do with loeb

Battlehammer
any one ever see the movie "waiting"?

Soljer
I might email him, I havn't talked to him in awhile same with Oeming who actually gave me a shout out in Mice Templar #1 wink

I don't know what that is.

But... cool?

Yeah, go email him.

Do it. smile.

King_Mungi
yes, but the way he is drawn has nothing to do with loeb

Haha no Scott wanted to talk to Loeb about why Sas was there and why he was being implied as a Lupine as Omega Flight were brining back Tanaraq. It wasn't a comment about the drawing.

I don't know what that is.

But... cool?

Yeah, go email him.

Do it. smile.

It's Mike Oeming's new comic for Image comics.

Damn peer pressure embarrasment

Soljer
any one ever see the movie "waiting"?

Hilarious and off topic.

Battlehammer
Haha no Scott wanted to talk to Loeb about why Sas was there and why he was being implied as a Lupine as Omega Flight were brining back Tanaraq. It wasn't a comment about the drawing.

oh lol

Soljer

Scans?

Battlehammer
Hilarious and off topic.

Your the coolest guy at Shenaniganz, thats like being the smartest person with down syndrome"

such a funny line lol.

Master-Borg
any one ever see the movie "waiting"? yes, great comedy

Soljer
Your the coolest guy at Shenaniganz, thats like being the smartest person withdown syndrome"

such a funny line lol.

The Batwing.

Nuff said.

King_Mungi
Scans?

It was in the special thanks section under the Jinxboard part. Nothing amazing, but still cool

1. http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/MachineMan616/Mice_Templar_001_053.jpg

The Batwing.

Nuff said.

THE BRAIN!

Soljer
It was in the special thanks section under the Jinxboard part. Nothing amazing, but still cool

1. http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/MachineMan616/Mice_Templar_001_053.jpg

Cool, cool.

I definitely expected a reference to some long forgotten "King Mungi," but still, cool.

smile.

King_Mungi
Cool, cool.

I definitely expected a reference to some long forgotten "King Mungi," but still, cool.

smile.

Would you like me to sign your comics now? I'm a celebrity

Soljer
Would you like me to sign your comics now? I'm a celebrity

I might catch Canuck-coli. sick.

King_Mungi

embarrasment

*turns around and slowly walks away but not without showing...... the GOAT*

Symmetric Chaos

Heh, thought you said Canuck-loli . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.