If Superpower Beings Exist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

[BAW]Endrict
If Super powered Beings Exist in today's world...

When they fight they destroy the city's, now as a society will we allow this for the safety of human kind?

Do we have the knowledge to fight them and will they look to science or comics books for answers?

Endless Mike
One of them would kill us all.

Power corrupts etc.

Soljer
Originally posted by Endless Mike
One of them would kill us all.

Power corrupts etc.

Yup.

And in the real world, the bomb detonates with twenty two and a half minutes remaining on the timer, before the hero even gets to the building....

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
Yup.

And in the real world, the bomb detonates with twenty two and a half minutes remaining on the timer, before the hero even gets to the building....

Or the villain explains his master plan to the heroes half an hour after he finished it laughing out loud

grey fox
Real Superhumans ?

I can see one of three things happening.

1. The public is revealed to the existence of the Superhumans and reacts violently. Days of Future Past occurs, with every Superhuman being tagged, collared and identified. Possibly even killed is Nazi esq death camps.

2. The Us/Uk military sanction the existing superhumans within their respective countries and deploy them within Iraq, subsequently Iraq either drops the bomb or begins a Super human arms race.

3. The Super humans create their own Genosha and attempt to live in peace.

Needless to say ordinary people will not react very well....

superkronick92
Hey since when is Chuck Norris not a super-powered being.

Sorry about that, I felt I had to get the one Chuck Norris comment, out of the way.

superkronick92
Has anyone here read Superman: Secret Identity, it deals with this subject

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by superkronick92

So does Watchmen and SuperboyPrime's origin and Heroes . . .

grey fox

No, it deals vaguely with how Supes would be in the real world. Not how a full-scale Heroes esq revelation of Super-powers would be.

superkronick92
What about the Ultimates? Hulks first rampage caused serious damage

grey fox
What about the Ultimates? Hulks first rampage caused serious damage

Ultimates diverted from 'our' time-line friggen millenniums ago. WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back sometime before christ. Thus it is irrelevant.

DigiMark007
The only way it wouldn't end horribly is if the heroes that occurred didn't exceed Iron Man level or so. As soon as you get into cosmics, Earth would be f*cked in a hurry.

But if, say, Batman and Spider-Man actually existed, I couldn't really see anything monumentally bad happening.

superkronick92
Definetly no speedsters, that has the potential to really suck

grey fox
Originally posted by DigiMark007
The only way it wouldn't end horribly is if the heroes that occurred didn't exceed Iron Man level or so. As soon as you get into cosmics, Earth would be f*cked in a hurry.

But if, say, Batman and Spider-Man actually existed, I couldn't really see anything monumentally bad happening.

Tell that to the relatives of the guy 'Spidey' put his fist through.

ExodusCloak
It depends on the powers...I wouldn't be bitter if one of the so called super heroes got stuck with and extra eyeball.

tjcoady
Personally, I'm pretty sure that if superpowered beings existed in the real world, we'd never really notice.

Most people, if they got say... telepathy, wouldn't go around using their powers to try to conquer the world. They'd use it to get hot girls to sleep with them and get out of paying for bills in resteraunts and tricking the bank into seeing a check for a hundred dollars as a check for a hundred thousand.

It would be pretty much the same with any superpower. Most people would realize that regardless of how powerful they were (unless they had like Superman level powers), they wouldn't be able to beat an army. They'd use their powers to drastically improve their day to day life, but I doubt very much anyone would become a superhero or villain.

Unless we got LOTS of people with superpowers. Then crazy things might start to happen.

grey fox
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
It depends on the powers...I wouldn't be bitter if one of the so called super heroes got stuck with and extra eyeball.

That's not really a 'Super-power' persay, just a mutation.

Would you consider this a 'Super Power' ?

http://www.hitsusa.com/1-good-ones/lakshmi-8-limbs.jpg

NiņoAraņa
Super X! eek!

endrict
Even at Ironmans level, what would NATO and Bush do? capture/study or engage it.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by grey fox
Tell that to the relatives of the guy 'Spidey' put his fist through.

Well sure, a person with Spider-powers could go on a rampage.

But I'm talking large scale. Anyone, even without super powers, can kill someone. But Spider-Man doesn't pose a threat to humanity like someone like Superman would.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by tjcoady
Personally, I'm pretty sure that if superpowered beings existed in the real world, we'd never really notice.

Most people, if they got say... telepathy, wouldn't go around using their powers to try to conquer the world. They'd use it to get hot girls to sleep with them and get out of paying for bills in resteraunts and tricking the bank into seeing a check for a hundred dollars as a check for a hundred thousand.

It would be pretty much the same with any superpower. Most people would realize that regardless of how powerful they were (unless they had like Superman level powers), they wouldn't be able to beat an army. They'd use their powers to drastically improve their day to day life, but I doubt very much anyone would become a superhero or villain.

Unless we got LOTS of people with superpowers. Then crazy things might start to happen.

Yeah, that sounds about right...

You have a few, and it never reaches the public, that's exactly how it would play out...

But the second you have enough of them, and it gets out that they are different and potentially dangerous, then something like "Kingdom Come" starts to play out, and could signal the end...

And btw, Jedi Mind Trick would be an awesome power...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Spider-Man doesn't pose a threat to humanity like someone like Superman would.

Thats not what I read in the Bugle.

Diamond Kisses
Originally posted by Endrict
If Super powered Beings Exist in today's world...

When they fight they destroy the city's, now as a society will we allow this for the safety of human kind?

Do we have the knowledge to fight them and will they look to science or comics books for answers?

What do you mean 'if'? Of course they exist mhm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.