God of War III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
Confirmed for Playstation 3, although I think it was fairly obvious.

Also, the director of the God of War Franchise, Cory Barlog, has left the studio.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6182430.html?tag=nl.e576

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

Violent2Dope
It's one of the only reasons I'm getting a PS3.

Yoshi Paradise
What're the other reasons for you getting a Playstation 3?

Neo Darkhalen
Oh God not another one!!!

(See what I did there)

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Oh God not another one!!!

(See what I did there)

no expression No.

Neo Darkhalen
I wounder what will happen, I have never played the previous God of war games but they sounded good.

ESB -1138
It was button mashing at its finest.

InnerRise
Originally posted by ESB -1138
It was button mashing at its finest. I'll never admit to that.

schmoll

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

ESB -1138
I said at its finest.

Newjak
I loved the first two games but I don't know if I will fork out teh cash for a PS3

AstroFan
I bought the original when I got my PS3, I wasnt really into it. Im sure this will be absolutely beautiful, but ill probably just rent it.

ESB -1138
I never really cared for the God of War series. I was never a been fan of hack and slash games...expect Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire for the Wii.

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by ESB -1138 I was never a been fan of hack and slash games...except Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire for the Wii.

Fixed it.

Thank me later. wink

ESB -1138
All you did was just bold up expect.

Yoshi Paradise
Look closer...

ESB -1138
Does it have to do with the I never really cared for the God of War series. part?

InnerRise
Originally posted by ESB -1138
All you did was just bold up expect. You do realize that "EXPECT" was the wrong word to use right?

He changed it to "EXCEPT", the correct word.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Yoshi Paradise
Ding Ding Ding!!!

InnerRise figured it out!

Congratulations!!!

InnerRise
What do I win?

An advanced "Early in Production" Copy of God of War III?

pray

DanZeke25
God of War 1 and 2 are the best games ever. Too bad 3 is not worth $600.

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by InnerRise
What do I win?

An advanced "Early in Production" Copy of God of War III?

pray

No...

You get our very own Snorlax!! bardock

InnerRise
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
No...

You get our very own Snorlax!! bardock Even Bedda!!!!!! eek!

POKEMON!!!!

droolio

Yoshi Paradise
Just don't leave it in your kitchen...

Hidden Lotus
want. it. so. bad.
but not so much that im gonna pay 600 BUCKS for a PS3!!!!!!!

InnerRise
Hey people.

There IS a Playstation 3 out there for $399 now.

Same as a XBOX360.

Knock yourselves out.

Violent2Dope
Hey people.

There IS a Playstation 3 out there for $399 now.

Same as a XBOX360.

Knock yourselves out.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... I'll knock you out! estahuh

InnerRise
I have a number for you to call: 1-888-447-5594

He'll knock you out.

Now hobble away cripple. My Armani is getting dingy from just being near you.

mhm

Neo Darkhalen
No...

You get our very own Snorlax!! bardock

What is God of war about, anyway?

Hidden Lotus
stupid expensive PS3 blowup

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
What is God of war about, anyway? Killing everything in sight with gory fatalities.

Yoshi Paradise
roll eyes (sarcastic) It's the perfect game for the familiy to enjoy.

Sado-sama
n03s! weep

panic469
god of war 3 is gunna rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Violent2Dope
roll eyes (sarcastic) It's the perfect game for the familiy to enjoy. How the hell would you describe it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

InnerRise
God of War III not to be released until Christmas of 2009.

I'm actually glad to hear this. More than enough time for me to convince (or trick) myself to get a Playstation 3.

Becci
Havent Kratos killed all the Gods yet?

InnerRise
Nope. God of War II ended with Kratos and the Titans on their way up to Mount Olympus to fight the Gods.

Did you play any of the God of War Games? If not, you definitely should.

Becci
I have not tried them yet. I have been wanting to, though, but I have heard they are very easy to complete.

InnerRise
Well they are rather short, but they're still fun to play and you can change the difficult level.

I wouldn't call it easy, but it's not over the top difficult either. It's just right in my opinion.

Not to mention, some of the Boss Fights are Amazing.

Becci
I have always been a fan of Mythology. Greek and Norse being my favorite ones smile

I just might give this game a chance.

MadMel
true
especially the last boss of gow II..
mega ownage!

InnerRise
Originally posted by Becci
I have always been a fan of Mythology. Greek and Norse being my favorite ones smile

I just might give this game a chance. Well you'll have more than enough time to play the first 2 if you choose to do so. Let us know what you think. Originally posted by MadMel
true
especially the last boss of gow II..
mega ownage! I loved the first Boss Statue in God of War II. Loved the first Boss in God of War as well.

They put so much into their first opening Bosses to pull you into the game, but then I feel it kind of wanes.......the bosses that follow, although some are good, just don't live up to the first. Shame.

Pulse2
What qualifies for short these days, because I thought the length of the first was quite good messed

Anywho, I'm happy about this, god of war + great graphics = explosive chemical

First_Tsurugi06
E3 '08 TeaseruD-1SD80EUc&feature=related

Rewmac
My problem with next-gen sequels that they don't live up to their last-gen prequels. They are usually great in graphics, but the gameplay is messed up. Shorter, less action (for action games) and so on. I hope Sony get their stuff together this time.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Rewmac
My problem with next-gen sequels that they don't live up to their last-gen prequels. They are usually great in graphics, but the gameplay is messed up. Shorter, less action (for action games) and so on. I hope Sony get their stuff together this time.

there is no way they would let God of War turn into sh*t, at this point he's the closest thing to Sony's mario or masterchief. It really is up to the developers and GOW3 is in the hands of a great first party developer, you can't really go wrong...they helped make WarHawk with the makers of Twisted Metal, Incognito Ent. which has recieved positive reviews.

some great examples of next gen sequels for me that was very good were Ratchet n Clank and MGS4, and GTA IV. i havent played next gen sequels like DMC4 or Ace Combat tho, wonder how those are

xNIXSONx
edit: not Icognito Entertainment. Eat Sleep Play is making the new Twisted Metal PS3

Jericho Zerø
Originally posted by Pulse2
What qualifies for short these days, because I thought the length of the first was quite good messed

Anywho, I'm happy about this, god of war + great graphics = explosive chemical

Although I was equally confused by the initial post in this thread that both were rather short (the first took me the better of three days nonstop to complete the first time) I do admit a certain sense of... shall we say disappointment?... when 2 came to its climactic close so soon after beginning (only took like five hours nonstop to finish it). Perhaps 3 will fix this and pan out an epic story suitable for Kratos to actually last more than a few hours? I certainly hope so, since it's the only game I'm looking at a PS3 for...

Da Joker
I can't wait for God of War III, I look forward to see what they'll do next. They haven't disappointed yet and I don't think they're going to either.

occultdestroyer
I can't wait until it gets released.

Definitely something I'm looking forward too. This is going to be off the charts. The God of War series are the best beat-em-up games ever conceived and created by man!

God of War = Epic win and soon-to-be legendary classic

Zack Fair
First God of War game I played was Chian of Olympus for the PSP. It was fun. This I'm looking forward to.

I think NG, GoW, PoP and DMC are all great at doing their thing differently and with style

Zack Fair
No words can describe this. droolio
-d_3yKKEiKM

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/954/954097p1.html

Burning thought
I look forward to using them massive gauntlet things

Magee
Wow that looks great, love Greek mythology and got a tingle when it revealed the titan climbing up mount olympus haha. I can't find a release date any where I'm guessing it will be nearer the end of 2009?

First_Tsurugi06
Apparently, the Titan thing is meant to become something of a gameplay element, where the environment shifts with the Titans' movements depending on the progress.

And according to Gamespot's explanation of the demo, the new "head" weapon in this game is Helios' which illuminates dark areas and blinds enemies.

Oh, and those Gauntlets are apparently called the Cestus.

Zack Fair
Its awesome isn't it? droolio

ThunderGodEneru
Dude, that looks great, those gauntlets were badass, and from that video it appears Kratos is a lot faster, more agile, and acrobatic in this game.

I will get a PS3 just for this.

First_Tsurugi06
Did anyone else notice the wings on Kratos' shoes when he ran along that wall when fighting the centaur? I only noticed it now because I watched it in high quality on my new computer.

Zack Fair
Man...I can't wait to play this game. I feel like that one kid that can't wait for games to come out.

Makes me want to buy the first 2 PS2 games and play them since I haven't yet.

Allankles
Shit, I might actually get a PS3 for this. Kratos narration there has me intrigued.

Nihilist
cant wait for this,is it coming out this year for definate.

Alan Kyder
Confirmed for Playstation 3, although I think it was fairly obvious.

Also, the director of the God of War Franchise, Cory Barlog, has left the studio.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6182430.html?tag=nl.e576

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka..... Oh, phuck yeah!

KakashiKun
So funny how kratos get's betrayed AGAIN.
I mean really, that's unfair lol

Nemesis X
God of War III is gonna beat all the other PS3 games mercilessly this year.

They showed some good things on X-Play like how the titans you'll fight will have impressive AI. They're friggin huge. Giant bosses will never get old.

beast1234
can't wait unto the gam come out

Zack Fair
Sony wants to know what would make us buy a GOW3 collector's edition so they gave us a list(PSNusers) to choose from. One of them is a blueray disc featuring PS3 compatible versions of GOW1 & 2. I think that would be awesome and among the best CE out there. I never played the PS2 games because I sold my PS2 before the 1st was even released and I don't have a PS2 backwards compativle PS3.

Its near the bottom
http://playstation.joystiq.com/tag/@ps3

Zack Fair

Nemesis X
They better remake God of War 1 and 2 for the PS3.

Zack Fair
A remake would be overkill.

HD GOW1&2 is more than enough.

Nemesis X
I only want it remade because the PS3 I got doesn't play all the PS2 games. Friggin Sony, why did they make two different PS3's? That's just stupid.

sketch_turner
That's why you should have got the 60GB when it first came out smile. Works grwat xD.
GOW would own on any system.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I only want it remade because the PS3 I got doesn't play all the PS2 games. Friggin Sony, why did they make two different PS3's? That's just stupid.

I thought you meant a remake like the Resident Evil for gamecube REmake. You just want to play them on PS3, same as me.

Nemesis X
Good news, Sony is asking gamers all over the interent what kind of CE of God of War you would like and they said they might put the first two GoW games on Blu-Ray. Awesome!

ThunderGodEneru
CE?

First_Tsurugi06
Collector's Edition

Kazenji
Well if you think about it almost every game has some sort of repeptitive gameplay....

FeelGood
Completed 1, couldn't be bothered finishing 2, just got too boring playing something that felt like I was replaying the first.

k1Lla441
hmm... you, sir should not be allowed to live.

FeelGood
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Raijin
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well if you think about it almost every game has some sort of repeptitive gameplay.... I never expect a game to have 300 totally different levels, GoW is just more repetitive than most games.

Zack Fair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asB_MlL5xnc&feature=fvhl

Kazenji
Originally posted by Raijin
GoW is just more repetitive than most games.

I disagree......Devil May Cry is alot more reptative kill a bunch of enemies then proceed then kill a bunch of enemies and then ETc same thing over and over

and also i like God Of War more myself a better story and the whole Greek mythology aspect appeals to me.

First_Tsurugi06
I never expect a game to have 300 totally different levels, GoW is just more repetitive than most games.

If God of War is your idea of repetetive, then I don't think I want to know what you'd consider Assassin's Creed, No More Heroes, or DMC(4).

Raijin
I disagree......Devil May Cry is alot more reptative kill a bunch of enemies then proceed then kill a bunch of enemies and then ETc same thing over and over

and also i like God Of War more myself a better story and the whole Greek mythology aspect appeals to me. They're both repetitive games, but DMC at least has more varied combat, more enemy types, several fighting styles and other playable characters which keeps things interesting. Sure, GoW is largely based on pre-existing material, but I think they could have been more creative.
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
If God of War is your idea of repetetive, then I don't think I want to know what you'd consider Assassin's Creed, No More Heroes, or DMC(4).
What's Assassins Creed doing in there? Yeah it's horribly repetitive, but it's a totally different kind of game. No More Heroes is one of the most repetitive games I've ever played, when looking at the fighting.

k1Lla441
you, sir, have just made a fact. those are about 3 of the most repetitive next gen games (dont know much about no more heroes though). capturing flags, repeating bosses 3 times over... etc.

First_Tsurugi06
Repetition in a game as an aspect of the game's formula has nothing to do with the combat, no matter how simple. In fact, even then, simpler combat engines tend to have more lasting appeal because of thier accessibility, and often end up at least as well-received as a convoluted 800-move-per-weapon combat system ie DMC or Ninja Gaiden. Combat is an important part of any action game, but when it's the only thing it has to its name (like the two aforementioned games) it loses any kind of lasting appeal when, in the thrall of 100 different moves, only a fraction of them have any kind of use in the game. Combat depth is not where variety in a game is due. No More Heroes knew that, as does God of War. Being a different kind of game has no meaning at all.

Originally posted by k1Lla441
you, sir, have just made a fact. those are about 3 of the most repetitive next gen games (dont know much about no more heroes though). capturing flags, repeating bosses 3 times over... etc.

Well, it probably suffered the least from repetition amongst the listed titles.

Zack Fair
NG is fine the way it is. I also like GoW. For some reason dmc never kept my attention

Sado22
Zack: awesome vid man! this game will be epic!!

god of war is repetitive in ways, yes, but there's the whole thing about pwning monsters in so many different ways that you can't really get bored of it. the various brutal kills etc all make up for the repetitive factor. and of course its not that you're defeating opponents repeatedly but MANHANDLING them repetitively. call me sadistic and unstable, but i never get tired of headbutting minotaurs and making them deepthroat my swords!
the simple fact the GOW allows your player to become the monster instead of defeating monsters is what stops it from being repetitive. then there's the bit that the story is great, the stages are great, almost all boss fights are awesome and i love the music.

i'm loving this game so far and i love the graphics and the change in effects of the quick time etc. also everythign looks amazing. And is it just me or Kratos looks...err..."leaner" in this one? confused

~Sado

Sado22
i'm loving this one bit of info they kinda gave out:
kratos is fighting both titans and gods. he's not getting fooled as it looked like in gow2. and i knew it!!
GO KRATOS! PHUCK 'EM ALL OVER!! Happy Dance

Kazenji
They're both repetitive games, but DMC at least has more varied combat, more enemy types, several fighting styles and other playable characters which keeps things interesting. .

And God of war does'nt have varied combat, more enemy types several fighting styles ???

seriously sounds like you've hardly played the games

Enemy types

http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Monsters

Kazenji
Heres the video that Gamer-X posted in that other thread

9jIriYhKsFI

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Sado22
i'm loving this game so far and i love the graphics and the change in effects of the quick time etc. also everythign looks amazing. And is it just me or Kratos looks...err..."leaner" in this one? confused

~Sado

I noticed it too, actually. I hear they're not completely finished with him just yet. His arms are big enough, but I really don't think it'd hurt to make his torso a bit burlier.

But that's not really even a nitpick. My legitimate complaint over the character model is thst his jawline seems to be smaller than before, and that's f'ing infuriating.

Sado22
really? didn't notice the jawline actually. was too busy replaying and rewatching him ripping off Helios' head laughing

and wtf is Kratos doing in Broken Destiny fighting Sophita of all people??! like that little shite even stands a chance? mad

Kazenji
:
and wtf is Kratos doing in Broken Destiny fighting Sophita of all people??! like that little shite even stands a chance? mad

Wha ??

seriously Kratos would own everyone in that game.

Sado22
what you guys didn't know?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ9gTCLD6J0

NemeBro
They're both repetitive games, but DMC at least has more varied combat, more enemy types, several fighting styles and other playable characters which keeps things interesting. . Hey, you forgot a shitty plotline, a shitty, not funny protagonist. Crappy, boring gameplay. And really, everything you can say about the game is shit. DMC is one of the most overrated piece of shit game series ever made.

God og War doesn't have varied combat? You can level all of your weapons, giving them new attacks for each, you can also level magic, making new attacks for your magic, and God of War does not have varied enemy types? Lol GTFO.

chithappens
Originally posted by NemeBro
Hey, you forgot a shitty plotline, a shitty, not funny protagonist. Crappy, boring gameplay. And really, everything you can say about the game is shit. DMC is one of the most overrated piece of shit game series ever made.

God og War doesn't have varied combat? You can level all of your weapons, giving them new attacks for each, you can also level magic, making new attacks for your magic, and God of War does not have varied enemy types? Lol GTFO.

Wow that is bias as hell.

Zack Fair
I'm glad this game will be released in march.

Nemesis X
Anyone who says DMC is better than GoW should drop the controller and get a new hobby.

Impediment
The GOW games are, in fact, very repetitive. It's just a button mashing game with some puzzle solving elements.

However, I'm not gonna b*tch about it. I love the GOW series, and I expect III to be the pinnacle of blood, gore, and action.

NemeBro
Originally posted by chithappens
Wow that is bias as hell. If anything, I am biased against DMC, but why do you think that is?

Probably because I find everything I said about it to be true.

Nemesis X
I am biased against DMC, but why do you think that is?

Because it's an overrated piece of crap franchise that we can't believe Capcom made?

Seriously, even cheap sequels of Resident Evil are more enjoyable than DMC.

ArtificialGlory
DMC4 was pretty fun to play, but there's no real substance to that game. The story and the characters couldn't possibly be more uninteresting and bland.

I wish they released GoW3 on PC, but they probably won't. Bastards.

Kazenji
I hope the PS3 gets cheaper next year its still way to friggan much in Australia.

ArtificialGlory
I hope the PS3 gets cheaper next year its still way to friggan much in Australia.

That's Sony for you.

Sado22
DMC4 meets Yahtzee
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/28-Devil-May-Cry-4

and i totally agree with him. DMC is made for girls and closet homos, laced with all the cliches in japanese media, a silverhaired fagg0t whose supposed to be gay from any sane person's measuring stick, a bigass sword that's twice his size and he doesn't look like he should be even holding up a rapier and he does all the gayest, lamest poses in the world that are supposed to be stupid but he (and semi-gay fanboys, fangirls and japanese ppl in general because they are such dumbphucks) thinks is really cool.

anyway, this is a god of war thread. anyone wants to mention dante or neLo or anyone else from the line of queers that DMC offers can take their little shite and go to a DMC thread.
phuck japanese media, imo. the last good thing they ever did was deathnote laughing out loud

~Sado

ArtificialGlory
DMC4 meets Yahtzee

Zero Punctuation kicks ass while being spot-on accurate about the game.

Nemesis X
phuck japanese media, imo. the last good thing they ever did was deathnote laughing out loud

~Sado

Hey the only japs to blame are the staff at Capcom for making that terrible game. Leave the other ones alone or otherwise we won't get anymore anime shipped into the U.S. for us.

First_Tsurugi06
DMC4 meets Yahtzee

That reminds me that he also gave Chains of Olympus a surprisingly favorable review.

Sado22
not american stick out tongue
phuck japanese media and their stupid anime. its cuz of anime that's chicks all over the world have started digging gay guys instead of straight ones! mad

ArtificialGlory
not american stick out tongue
phuck japanese media and their stupid anime. its cuz of anime that's chicks all over the world have started digging gay guys instead of straight ones! mad

Anime is a blight upon the world.

First_Tsurugi06
I thought that was Twilight.

ArtificialGlory
I thought that was Twilight.

Yes, especially Twilight.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Anime is a blight upon the world.

Anime/Manga is'nt that "BAD" it does have some good titles

and the only reason i'm guessing chicks all over the world have started digging gay guys instead of straight ones would be because they've been watching/Reading the Shojo stuff.

Sado22
ditto. worst yet is idiots who watch animes and think the stuff they see there actually applies to real life. i actually met this idiot who was talking about how realistic hajime no ippo was in its presentation of boxing (which it isnt btw). he then started arguing with me that "the toe is actually as important as the boxer's fist"....can you believe that? laughing out loud

well, i saw twilight and this was my analysis:
japanese mentality+western medaia=twilight

the thing practically had "anime fangirl/fanboy (who're actually gay but don't know that yet)" scribbed all over it. gosh that was horrible! sick

~Sado

ArtificialGlory
ditto. worst yet is idiots who watch animes and think the stuff they see there actually applies to real life. i actually met this idiot who was talking about how realistic hajime no ippo was in its presentation of boxing (which it isnt btw). he then started arguing with me that "the toe is actually as important as the boxer's fist"....can you believe that? laughing out loud
~Sado

What the hell is "hajime no ippo"? Anyway, sounds like he has a severe cass of weeaboo.

WO Polaski
its a boxing anime.

leonheartmm
terrible graphics. plus, the "far " off point of view doesnt help.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by leonheartmm
terrible graphics. plus, the "far " off point of view doesnt help.

They're not as good as some Sony fanboys have hyped them up to be, but I wouldn't call them terrible.

WO Polaski
its too bad this wont come out on the xbox.

cause if it did id buy both of the copies of the game... just to compare! eek!

leonheartmm
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
They're not as good as some Sony fanboys have hyped them up to be, but I wouldn't call them terrible.

it isnt about "fanboys", i wud consider myself sumthing of a sony fanboy. but the graphics here are shitty.

Sado22
what are you talkin about? confused

leonheartmm
^bad graphics and the camera isnt near enough to the character{obviously a bid to make the graphics look smoother } to give a grand scale of whats ging on, the characters and scenarios look small and less than grandeose{they did sumthing similar in soul reaver 2}

First_Tsurugi06
Prototype had bad graphics. Just Kratos' character model looks better than anything in that game.

NemeBro
he then started arguing with me that "the toe is actually as important as the boxer's fist" What? no expression

As for as graphics go, anyone who plays a game for graphics isn't a real gamer.

Sado22
ditto. and i think this game's graphics are uber.

ditto again. i was like:
Sado: dude, come on, its an anime
Dousche: no, but they got everything accurate and right.
Sado: not really. its an anime man. anime dont show the real boxing. its just some random shite they come up to milk one more episode.
Doushce: no man, everything they've shown in that anime is what boxers do.
Sado: you sure? i've done boxing for almost 7 years, read several books on it, read its history, spoken to proboxers, sparred with a pro and i've never heard of something like that.
dousche: maybe its something new.
Sado: or you just don't know anything. waht do you know about boxing? ever done it?
dousche:....no....
sado: so how do you know its showing everything accurately
dousche: ....*flustered*....

Kazenji
^bad graphics

Bad Graphic my ass mad

Sounds like you were expecting something along the lines of Heavenly Sword with those battlefields.

leonheartmm
^heavenly sword was ok. but go ahead and compare the graphics to sumthing like assasin's creed. ull understand what i mean by "smoothing" . it does have bad graphics. the only "interactive" graphics i found were those of the chaos blade trails.

Nemesis X
Kratos ripping off Heleos'es head was epic.

Sado22
the blades of athena look amazing in this game. all the weapons look awesome.

~Sado

Kazenji

Like your an expert on that.....

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by WO Polaski
its too bad this wont come out on the xbox.

cause if it did id buy both of the copies of the game... just to compare! eek!
ahah
Get off my dick

NemeBro
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
ahah
Get off my dick Well to be fair that was among the most pathetic things I have ever heard, you doing that I mean. no expression

dadudemon
What? no expression

As for as graphics go, anyone who plays a game for graphics isn't a real gamer.

I disagree on a factual level.

You do know that the "hardcore" gaming market is marketed to by "excellent graphics".

Are you even familar with the "hardcore demographic"?

And, I have played games JUST on the premise of "excellent graphics." I am considered a hardcore gamer by the gaming marketers, as well. no expression

IMO, it's the whole picture. Excellent graphics, great story, excellent controls, excellent replay value, and engrossing characters.

That constitutes a great game, to me. Suchs as Fallout 3. big grin (The characters, though, aren't as engrossing as I want them to be...but they are well enough.)

NemeBro
Originally posted by dadudemon
I disagree on a factual level. You're factually wrong.

NemeBro
Graphics just look pretty, they are not a factor at all over whether the game is good or not.

First_Tsurugi06
Not solely, no. For some, it's the make or break factor of the their experience when simply watching gameplay videos prior to its release because they can't seem to recognize what they might otherwise consider decent gameplay. You know what those people are called?
Idiots. Games can have the most engrossing gameplay there is and still have mediocre at best graphics (for their generation), ie the aforementioned Prototype (that being said, Alex Mercer has really good animations in gameplay). Hell, Nintendo knew this with the Wii, and while they're plagued with shovel ware from third-party companies, the first-party stuff that they make themselves tends to make the best use of what they got with the Wii, maybe because they know what the hell they're doing with it.

Good graphics tend to be a testament, or at least an addition, to good presentation in a cinematic level. The take on a certain art style matters more than the art style itself. People who ignore that factor are just ignorant.

ArtificialGlory
Not solely, no. For some, it's the make or break factor of the their experience when simply watching gameplay videos prior to its release because they can't seem to recognize what they might otherwise consider decent gameplay. You know what those people are called?
Idiots. Games can have the most engrossing gameplay there is and still have mediocre at best graphics (for their generation), ie the aforementioned Prototype (that being said, Alex Mercer has really good animations in gameplay). Hell, Nintendo knew this with the Wii, and while they're plagued with shovel ware from third-party companies, the first-party stuff that they make themselves tends to make the best use of what they got with the Wii, maybe because they know what the hell they're doing with it.

Good graphics tend to be a testament, or at least an addition, to good presentation in a cinematic level. The take on a certain art style matters more than the art style itself. People who ignore that factor are just ignorant.

That's pretty much what I think.

A game has to have nice* graphics for me to completely like it.

*Nice does not necessarily mean technically sophisticated.

Red_Nemesis
For game genres such as RPGs which are primarily based around immersion, the visual aspects could definitely be considered a fundamental part of the game and a factor in its quality.

First_Tsurugi06
For the sake of not having an overworld that looks like sh*t in terms of textural effects, perhaps so. God of War doesn't focus on immersion with its environments so much as it focuses on sheer scale of the level designs with dynamics to the backgrounds (which tends to be at its prime in the first parts of the game almost as a tradition), most of which you end up actually going to in order to show that it's not all pre-rendered (take the Steeds of Time aspect in GoWII for example), coupled with a fixed camera that tends to show dynamic angles, and they seem to be maintaining that with God of War III what with being able to fight atop the larger titans in the game ala the third trailer, and also just having them move around in real time like in the demo shown.

NemeBro
God of War's entire premise is based around domination of your enemies in brutal and gruesome ways.

Don't lie. estahuh

Red_Nemesis
For the sake of not having an overworld that looks like sh*t in terms of textural effects, perhaps so. God of War doesn't focus on immersion with its environments so much as it focuses on sheer scale of the level designs with dynamics to the backgrounds (which tends to be at its prime in the first parts of the game almost as a tradition), most of which you end up actually going to in order to show that it's not all pre-rendered (take the Steeds of Time aspect in GoWII for example), coupled with a fixed camera that tends to show dynamic angles, and they seem to be maintaining that with God of War III what with being able to fight atop the larger titans in the game ala the third trailer, and also just having them move around in real time like in the demo shown.

I'll thank you not to bring your Strawman tactics into this.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Red_Nemesis
I'll thank you not to bring your Strawman tactics into this.

'Scuse me?

Red_Nemesis
You heard me.

Red_Nemesis
Would you like me to post a link to the interwebs to clear up any confusion?

NemeBro
For him to commit a strawman, he would have to be arguing with you.

He wasn't.

Red Nemesis

thumb up

Edit:

Originally posted by Red_Nemesis
You heard me.

Lol @ internet tough guys

occultdestroyer
Heres the video that Gamer-X posted in that other thread

9jIriYhKsFI
Looks pretty decent, for a console game in it's alpha stage.

Hopefully, they'll improve the graphics and gameplay graphics a bit more.
How cool would it be if you had to fight ALL the titans and the gods as bosses?!

First_Tsurugi06
Well, they said that every God you see in Zeus' throne room at God of War II's ending is to be a boss. Needless to say, Helios has already been taken care of, and Hades is confirmed as a boss. I also heard a rumor or something that someone wants to see how they can implement the titan Oceanus (who, based on concept art is a scarily gargantuan water-based Titan) in the game.

I for one hope to see Atlantis (a deleted level in GoWII), though seeing as the story so far seems to revolve mainly on ascendng Mt. Olympus, I won't count on it.

Kazenji
Well, they said that every God you see in Zeus' throne room at God of War II's ending is to be a boss. Needless to say, Helios has already been taken care of, and Hades is confirmed as a boss. .

When did Helios get taken care of ?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>