Superman for tomorrow haters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
People don't like this story for some reason, true its not great, but to me anything with Jim lee art is bad ass, and is worth owning.

He could do Casper the friendly ghost and I'd buy it

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
People don't like this story for some reason, true its not great, but to me anything with Jim lee art is bad ass, and is worth owning.

He could do Casper the friendly ghost and I'd buy it

Personally, i i think it was incredible. The Artwork is the best Superman has ever seen. The story was intriguing. The story was approached not as a comic book, but as an actual story.The relation between dialogue and panels were near perfect. We got an incredible sense of Supermans ultimate weakness. This being his self esteem and personal duty to protect all of humanity. It was a very mature Story with very few corny comic cliche's. I liked how Supermans desire to protect everyone became a Threat to humanity.

If you werent familiar with the previous twenty or so issues. For tomorrow starts out with great mystery...,superman repenting to a priest for an unknown sin, that is hinted as being the death of many people. The Justice League wants nothing to do with him,but because his powers warrant respect they accept him.

There was very little action, but seeing and believing that Superman could be so vulnerable without being threatned by external force was a nice breath of fresh air. I only wish DC would ahve strived to keep Brian Azzarello on for the continuation in the series. HE set great foundation. His absence was felt almost as much as Jim Lee's at the end of For tomorrow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.