Strange's current power level confirmed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bransolute
So, since this isn't really relevant to any other thread, and doesn't belong in the 'questions' thread...
I thought I'd make a thread. smile

So, you hear how everyone says Strange isn't what he used to be, or that he's just as powerful, well...
Doctor Strange in Illuminati 5 says that: "My powers aren't what they..."

It certainly alludes to Strange being weaker, doesn't it?

Which even though Strange has a bunch of bad feats piling up, we can certainly say that he's weaker... can't we?
And it's not necessarily relevant to Classic Strange (all his current bad feats).

Just thought it should be brought to attention.

Oh, and here's the panel (he got cut off):
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Illuminati_005_017.jpg

*if this has been done before, then this can be closed*

emporerpants
i'd certainly say he's weaker. its a shame.

Symmetric Chaos
Wouldn't this mean the Vishanti and Co are weaker too?

ExodusCloak
Is Dr. Strange weaker because of the events that are occuring in Mystic Arcana?

emporerpants
indeed.

lordboo
seriously i was thinking about a same type of thread,a while back in new avengers, dr strange and iron fist were talking about losing there powers and being replaced?is a new sorcerer supreme on the cardshmm

emporerpants
indeed to symmetric chaos. not sure if the events of mystic arena are the reason he's weaker.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Is Dr. Strange weaker because of the events that are occuring in Mystic Arcana?

I haven't seen anything that would affect his power.

emporerpants
well, if strange is to be replaced, who would be the most likely replacment?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by emporerpants

DrDoom
Talisman
IanMcNee

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I haven't seen anything that would affect his power.

Isn't the structure of Marvel Magic damaged and that's what Ian McNee is supposed to be repairing under the orders of Chthon posing as Oshtur?

emporerpants
hmmm, perhaps marvel will just use their newest deus ex and just have current strange turn out to be a skrull.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Isn't the structure of Marvel Magic damaged and that's what Ian McNee is supposed to be repairing under the orders of Chthon posing as Oshtur?

Recent issue? I've only read the first two so far.

Besides, Chthon is probably a Skrull anyway.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Recent issue? I've only read the first two so far.

Besides, Chthon is probably a Skrull anyway.

Well they explain the point behind his quest in the first issue. But that last bit is from the latest issue with Sister Grimm. And Chthon also appeared in issue #3 in the Wanda story.

Soljer
Originally posted by emporerpants

Adam Warlock.

King_Mungi
Seems their downgrading all uber magical beings as even Talisman says she is weaker. How and why? No idea

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/?action=view&current=OmegaFlight_5_0011.jpg

tjcoady
Mystic Arcana is the only Marvel book that's dealing with problems in the mystical planes, but I haven't really seen anything that would indicate that it's messing with Strange's power.

Or maybe Bendis really just has no clue what Strange is capable of. He was pretty badassed in Vaughan's "The Oath," and didn't act like his magic was lessened.

lordboo
Originally posted by Soljer
Adam Warlock.
strange does have adams the soul gem at the moment as well!

TricksterPriest
could the soul gem be leeching power from Strange or interfering?

Doctor-Alvis
A new Sorcerer Supreme? If so, I hope it isn't some B rate character who's getting pushed for popularity because I preemptively vote failure.

TricksterPriest
"Doom will kill the next person who calls him B-rate!"

Talisman being weaker too points to something bigger happening. Could be the marvel equivalent of DoV.

King_Mungi
No one remember the news that there was a magic event coming?

Val
Originally posted by King_Mungi
No one remember the news that there was a magic event coming?
I thought that was referring to Mystic Arcana.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by King_Mungi
No one remember the news that there was a magic event coming? I remember that. Its supposed to take place in 2008.

Also is that Shinnok in your sig?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Val
I thought that was referring to Mystic Arcana.

Apparently it's after as Arcana is suppose to lead to something

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Also is that Shinnok in your sig?

Yeppers

llagrok
Nico for Sorceress supreme!

tjcoady
that would be an interesting Marvel shake up. A major magic event, Strange knocked out of his position as Sorcerer Supreme. A big, Dormammu and Shuma Gorath and Nightmare and the Dweller-in-Darkness infested event where the whole MU reels from magical chaos. It's sad how little attention Marvel pays to their magical characters these days.

lordboo
Originally posted by tjcoady
that would be an interesting Marvel shake up. A major magic event, Strange knocked out of his position as Sorcerer Supreme. A big, Dormammu and Shuma Gorath and Nightmare and the Dweller-in-Darkness infested event where the whole MU reels from magical chaos. It's sad how little attention Marvel pays to their magical characters these days.
i agree a big magic event would be great

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by llagrok
Nico for Sorceress supreme!

Nah Pixie for Sorceress supreme shifty

Sucks that Selene will most probably not be involved in the Magic Event.

Grimm22
If Mystic Aranca does become a full event, Bendis has better not be writing it.

For pete's sake the man has single handidly ruined Magic in the marvel universe.

-Retconned The Chaos Magic for no reason whatsoever

-Turned the Scarlet Witch into a Psycho

-Made Dr.Strange a wuss

Seriously, the guy hates magic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.