Human Being 'God'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
Technological advances, higher learning, and the pursuit of higher power has shaped humanity for years, and we humans are prt of the sole reason, but, can there be that one person, that does an unimangineable feat that humans begin to worship him/her, and begin to use his/her concepts as a religion, can this person actually become God?

DigiMark007
What?!

Transhumanism ftw.....maybe? It seems like you're getting at something different here though.

Ask a Frenchman about Napoleon. Or a Chicago native about Michael Jordan. We already hold our fellow humans beings above our esteem of the Almighty.

dadudemon
Originally posted by DigiMark007
What?!

Transhumanism ftw.....maybe? It seems like you're getting at something different here though.

Ask a Frenchman about Napoleon. Or a Chicago native about Michael Jordan. We already hold our fellow humans beings above our esteem of the Almighty.

True. How many supposed Christians spend thousands of dollars on worshipping God? Take those same people who are calling themselves devote Christians and then how many of those people spend thousands of dollars on professional sports?

Exactly.

Now STFU, newbs, because Santa Clause ate God via the cookies small children gave him.

I have contemplated the very same thought of an ascended human: a human that crosses the line from extremely superhuman to an exalted deity.

If this person/entity really could ascend to god status, would their mind transcend time and space? Would their conscience be opened to multiple dimensions at once thereby allowing the being to become omniscient?

Would this ascension of omniscience allow the being to know so much that any reality is tangible and this knowledge actually develops omnipotence, or essentially, the ability to control all known physics in this reality and all physics in realities? With this knowledge and power, this being would know no boundaries our limitations.

I often pondered, as a wee lad of about 11 or 12, if this is really who God is...or maybe God is actually an ascended being from an entirely different reality and set of physics. This same ascended being then beget this reality that we perceive and we are his children trying to learn enough to ascend just the same.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by dadudemon
I have contemplated the very same thought of an ascended human: a human that crosses the line from extremely superhuman to an exalted deity.

If this person/entity really could ascend to god status, would their mind transcend time and space? Would their conscience be opened to multiple dimensions at once thereby allowing the being to become omniscient?

Would this ascension of omniscience allow the being to know so much that any reality is tangible and this knowledge actually develops omnipotence, or essentially, the ability to control all known physics in this reality and all physics in realities? With this knowledge and power, this being would know no boundaries our limitations.

I often pondered, as a wee lad of about 11 or 12, if this is really who God is...or maybe God is actually an ascended being from an entirely different reality and set of physics. This same ascended being then beget this reality that we perceive and we are his children trying to learn enough to ascend just the same.

I'm gonna go with "no".

no expression

stick out tongue

inimalist
In Civilization and it's Discontents, Freud uses the term 'Prosthetic Gods' to describe the human way of using technology for progress to eventual omnipotence.

Will humans ever become God? no. For the same illogical and impossible reasons why it is impossible for God to exist in the first place.

Technology will never be so powerful that the "Could it create a boulder so large ... etc" argument applies to it.

DigiMark007
Even radical transhumanists that believe we'll reach a point where technology and knowledge increases exponentially (the Singularity) don't think that it will result in Godhood. Eternal life or all-encompassing knowledge, perhaps, but "God" in the Western sense of the word would need to have happened already.

Fëanor
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Technological advances, higher learning, and the pursuit of higher power has shaped humanity for years, and we humans are prt of the sole reason, but, can there be that one person, that does an unimangineable feat that humans begin to worship him/her, and begin to use his/her concepts as a religion, can this person actually become God? If ever a day comes when we place one or another above all else and worship or revere that person as a 'god' whether through technological enhancement or whatever...will be a day I no longer wish to be a part of the human race.

Sol Valentine
What wil you be then? No matter what happens, you're still going to be a human unless you completely modify your genetic diagram.

Sirius77
Being God is alot more than having worshipers. It involves true omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence. And even that is only part of the equation.

We can worship someone as a false god, but thats all that they'll be.

Fëanor
What wil you be then? No matter what happens, you're still going to be a human unless you completely modify your genetic diagram. You can be a thing but not necessarily be a part of a thing. I've never denied my humanity. I would deny being a part of it, is all. If that were to ever happen which I doubt it ever will.

Sol Valentine
eh, you never know if it may happen, with all the corruption and conspiracies going on.

beast1234
i'm a strong beliver that anything thing can be accomplished with science i think there is no limt to science. i once said to my mother that science can rival the omnipotence power of god she got really angry when i said that to her.

Mindship
Transhumanism ftw.....maybe? Actually, wouldn't it be posthumanism (the transhuman being the transition phase)? stick out tongue

Technological advances, higher learning, and the pursuit of higher power has shaped humanity for years, and we humans are prt of the sole reason, but, can there be that one person, that does an unimangineable feat that humans begin to worship him/her, and begin to use his/her concepts as a religion, can this person actually become God? 1. Depends what you mean by 'God'.
2. Depends what you mean by 'technological advances'.

Esoteric schools of thought have always seen human beings as godseeds capable of being awakened to divine consciousness via meditation. But this still falls far short of actually being a Biblical-type Universe Creator.

Tech advances? How far into the future do you wanna go? Certainly nothing in the foreseeable future would render a human Godlike (again, think Biblical Creator). But if you wanna jump to, say, the year One Million A.D. ... impossible to say what could be possible then, but it's always fun to speculate.

Burning thought
What your talking about sounds like the "warhammer" thing about the God emperor lol, but seriously I dont belive any God had, will or currently excists or can, I think Humans will die out very soon, perhaps even in our current lifetimes/generations if not a few more, but if given the ability to survive consistently and grow technology, i think eventually Humans would gain powers "good enough" to be considered godly, such as controlling energy and reality to degrees through technology, I think the Collider and looking for the God particle inSwitzerland is a step towards this.

Dataflux
Ever heard of Saint Germain?

Compte De Saint Germain has many legends about him and some say he is an ascended master, whatever that means.

He is said to have found the Elixir Of Life and is an immortal, and some say he is alive even today.

He was a spy for King Louis XV, and was eventually forced to flee to England. He resurfaced in Russia, and is rumored to have some role in the revolution of 1762 there, returning to try to warn Marie Antoinette that her life was in danger, but was prevented from doing so.

Some believe that he is the one who truly authored Shakespear's plays.

He is said to have found ways to increase the size of gemstones.

There is more information in Wikipedia, for those interested, which also gives lists of books about him.

Essentially, the point is he could be considered some sort of deity thanks to these abilities.

Bobbicus
What exactly would it mean to become as god?

Agent White

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mindship
Actually, wouldn't it be posthumanism (the transhuman being the transition phase)? stick out tongue

Transhumanism is the process. Posthumanism is the product.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Bobbicus
What exactly would it mean to become as god? Eternal boredom. Seriously, you'd run out of things to do.

Skydude033
Originally posted by dadudemon
True. How many supposed Christians spend thousands of dollars on worshipping God? Take those same people who are calling themselves devote Christians and then how many of those people spend thousands of dollars on professional sports?

Exactly.

Now STFU, newbs, because Santa Clause ate God via the cookies small children gave him.

Nice thinking for a wee lad. I couldn't think past the next Digimon episode stick out tongue

About the actual question, I think that we humans could never achieve any God-like status, and that we will always just worship popular culture. Oh, God, here comes the ranting again. I'll just stop before I start cursing any Disney stars out.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Skydude033
Nice thinking for a wee lad. I couldn't think past the next Digimon episode stick out tongue

About the actual question, I think that we humans could never achieve any God-like status, and that we will always just worship popular culture. Oh, God, here comes the ranting again. I'll just stop before I start cursing any Disney stars out.

Dude. Digimon ROX!

no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Dude. Digimon ROX!

no expression

Well the first series certainly did.

The later ones had stuff like a spider lady Digimon who turned obelisks evil by pulling out strands of her hair and throwing them in to the obelisks. Seriously, if anyone ever wanted to see excessive phallic imagery . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.