Red Falcon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/contra3-3.png
Red Falcon, Contra 3

Red Falcon, I'd like you to meet one hot shot commando. Hot shot commando, meet Red Falcon

From the Contra Instruction Manual.

The antagonist for most of the Contra series (other include corrupt politicians, scientists and a renegade war hero), Red Falcon deserves to be respected.

Red was originally the protector of the Morai Relics (as told in Contra: Shattered Soldier). But when a research party forking for the Triumviriate discovers the relics and ships them back to Earth, Red goes to Earth in an attempt to get them back.

In the first Contra, Red Falcon crashes onto the Galuga Archipelago. The Triumviriate sends Bill 'Mad Dog' Rizer and Lance 'Scorpion' Bean to stop Red. They are successful and Red retreats back to space.

When Red returns, he has some backup. With Red, is Jagger Froid, a demented alien from the Black Hole Galaxy, who dishes out punishment with a laser sharp tongue and the Babalu Bestructoid Mechanism, a giant alien attack tank, which was the primary weapon used to disintegrate the innocent solar system of Tralala.

Red Falcon takes over Fort Firestorm and Lance and Bill are sent in to clean up after his mess. Red Falcon makes a third attempt to get the Morai Relics back in Conta 3, but is destroyed this time around, along with his two lackeys mentioned beforehand.

Sometime afterward, Lance makes the discovery that the Triumvirate has sent him and Bill to do their dirty work in killing Red and is about to reveal this info to the public, but is silenced...along with 98 percent of the world's population due to a weapon malfunction and Bill gets framed and sentenced to 10,000 years.

Good thing Bill got out early for bad behavior.

Anyway, respect Red Falcon.

Darth Jello
Well, kinda. The story is different now that the US is following the Japanese timeline. Like, It's still not clear if Red Falcon is the name of the alien or his organization or both. If it's the name of the alien, then I'm pretty sure that the only times you see him are in the after-credits ending scene for the famicom version of Contra, the last boss battle in Super Contra, and the last battle in the alien wars where I guess he's matured into that brain thingy.

Same goes for Black Viper who has been retconned into not even appearing until Contra 4.

I dunno, Contra's confusing cause they figure with the simple, kinda dumb gameplay that doesn't require much thought, they don't need much of a story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.