Release of Kingdom of the crystal skull trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

obiwan609
does anyone have any info on when the first indy trailer will be out and when it comes out....please post a link

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by obiwan609
does anyone have any info on when the first indy trailer will be out and when it comes out....please post a link

Go to "theraider.net" for your information. From what I've read the trailer is coming out on the 16th, when Beowulf hits theatres.

sithsaber408
^Correct.

amity75
Was checking the web all day yesterday. Guess it's gonna be a Thanksgiving release now.

Ahnold
Sadly, that obviously turned out not to be true either. Lucas is *now* saying that a teaser will be out sometime before Christmas (but when, Georgie boy, WHEN? - I can't wait any longer stick out tongue !).

Ahnold
And now the rumour is that the teaser will be released in February eek! ! This can't be true ... surely confused ? But then again, if they *are* going to release it before Christmas (as previously indicated) then they're gonna have to get a bloody move on!

Some have suggested that the trailer will premiere with the "national treasure" sequel out in the States this Friday (after all, both movies are of the same genre, and I think made by the same studio). Here's hoping smile .

steverules
The truth is that there is no trailer...we will never get one

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by steverules
The truth is that there is no trailer...we will never get one

Now that would be stupid of them..how do they plan to advertise their movie if they have no trailer? glare

steverules
Ewoks laughing out loud

Ahnold
Calm down, people - there *will* be a trailer. Even if I have to make it myself :P .

Admiral Akbar
Oh well, in that case I won't be seeing the movie big grin

Ahnold
Cheeky stick out tongue .

Ahnold
Here's a pretty good *fake* trailer (not mine stick out tongue ) to tide you guys over until the real one hits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYPECXaVulg

For a fan trailer, it's not actually half-bad (although it was obviously made when the "City Of Gods" title was still doing the rounds). Check it out.

amity75
Feb 14th it seems. I've read various descriptions of its content but thankfully they seem to be B/S!

queeq
Some seems pretty secure: russians, crystals skulls in south america, area 51... maybe even the ark.

Ahnold
Brace yourselves people ... it's official: it was today confirmed on indianajones.com that the teaser trailer *will* (finally!!!) premiere this Thursday, February 14th eek! ! Apparently, it will first be shown on "Good Morning America", and will also be available through indianajones.com and Yahoo! Movies that same day. In theatres, it is being attached to Paramount movie "The Spiderwick Chronicles" (as has long been suspected). Just three more days, people; just three ... more ... days ...

Check out the full story here: http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

Admiral Akbar
Cool, indianajones.com is good, but hardly the best site to get info. Go to theraider.net thats where I go.

queeq
THanks for the tip.

Anyway, I hope the trailer comes online on the 14th as well.

Ahnold
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Cool, indianajones.com is good, but hardly the best site to get info.

Out of interest, why is indianajones.com not the best site to get info from? Surely it *is* the best site (in terms of being the most reputable), as it's the only one that reports official news huh ?

And queeq - this news has been *confirmed*; the 14th is the day smile .

Admiral Akbar
I wasn't arguing that the main site wasn't reputable, but theraider.net has so much more than just the facts. You could probably find more pictures and spoilers on that site, as well as links to interviews with the cast members, and more. Heck, the info about the trailer was on theraider.net before it even made its way to the main site.

Ahnold
Cool - thanks for the heads up smile . Will have to start using that instead ...

queeq
Happy Dance

Admiral Akbar
Happy Dance

queeq
We'll party all friday long.

Admiral Akbar
heck yeah we will

Ahnold
After all this time working on it, it better bloody be good!

queeq
Oh yes.

Xyn1407
Here is a bootleg copy of the trailer.

Looks Pretty Cool. Can't Wait for it to come out.

Click Here

queeq
Wow... can't wait to see a sharper version. Gotta check out every frame. Good joke in te truck: "I though it was closer."

exanda kane
They better get rid of that US flag if they want anyone to go and see it in the UK lol

Ahnold
Okay, I admit it ... I took a peak stick out tongue . What can I say? I promised myself that I wouldn't watch any bootleg copies of the trailer, but after such a long and agonising wait, how could I possibly pass up an opportunity to see it slightly early stick out tongue ?

Looks very, very cool big grin - but I will reserve final judgement on the teaser until I see the proper release later today ...

queeq
I watched it twice... They didn't give us much though, I must say. But that definately looks like the Ark warehouse.

Stun
just what i was thinking....maybe theyre looking for Woods' and Scneider? laughing out loud

But yeah, it was well worth the wait if only to see a few quick scenes. I hope this Agent Spalko is a worthy villain too

queeq
THe official one is up. I watched it HD a couple of times already. Me quite happy so far.

Admiral Akbar
So did I, but the HD one on Yahoo has crashed my computer twice lol...if anyone want's to see a HD youtube version here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VVHubr4s7P0

Stun
hmmm, 'Roswell New Mexico, 1947'

interesting...

=Tired Hiker=
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indianajones.html;_ylt=AsY7qv8MSH6wl3g1GC6bw55fVXcA

Ahnold
Originally posted by Stun
Hmmm, 'Roswell New Mexico, 1947'

Interesting...

What are you referring to Stun? That's not in the trailer ...

Anyway, I have now seen the trailer in all its HD glory (though it crashed my computer too Admiral stick out tongue ), and all I can say is ... bring on the full trailer stick out tongue ! Don't get me wrong, I still think that it's a very cool trailer (the action scene in the Ark warehouse (:eeksmile in particular looks ace big grin !), but it was all just too brief for my liking; sure, I realise that it's just a "teaser" trailer, but considering that the film itself comes out in under 3 months (and bearing in mind how heavily delayed this trailer was), I guess I was just expecting more - though only in a literal sense. I mean, for God's sake, the trailer for "The Dark Knight" was out last *August* - a whopping 11 months before the release of the film! When are they gonna release the proper trailer, then? The day before the film comes out stick out tongue ?

Still ... a good day all round for "Indy" fans smile !

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Ahnold
What are you referring to Stun? That's not in the trailer ...

Anyway, I have now seen the trailer in all its HD glory (though it crashed my computer too Admiral stick out tongue ), and all I can say is ... bring on the full trailer stick out tongue ! Don't get me wrong, I still think that it's a very cool trailer (the action scene in the Ark warehouse (:eeksmile in particular looks ace big grin !), but it was all just too brief for my liking; sure, I realise that it's just a "teaser" trailer, but considering that the film itself comes out in under 3 months (and bearing in mind how heavily delayed this trailer was), I guess I was just expecting more - though only in a literal sense. I mean, for God's sake, the trailer for "The Dark Knight" was out last *August* - a whopping 11 months before the release of the film! When are they gonna release the proper trailer, then? The day before the film comes out stick out tongue ?

Still ... a good day all round for "Indy" fans smile !

It was hard to see, but Stun is right. Roswell New Mexico "is" in the teaser. It's hard to see because it zooms by so quickly, but rewatch the part where Cate Blanchet is standing over the crate and the glasses are magnetically attracted.You might need to pause the teaser.

Stun
just for visual confirmation -

so this is gotta be connected with the skull, which does look 'alien' like. I hope they can pull this off, becuase i'm not sure i like the idea of 'alien activity' going on lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/roswell.jpg

Ahnold
Thanks - will check that out smile .

queeq
It is. Just scan through it with your arrow keys, I know I did.

sithsaber408
Trailer is great!

I can't wait for this film!

queeq
Me neither. Blanchett looks great.

Admiral Akbar
Except for the CGI, I can't really find anything to complain about.

exanda kane
Indy's not for CGI...

Stun
There is that one explosion - or maybe two, that was CGI. But i dont mind explosions being CGI as long as their not OTT. It was nice to see a 'real' waterfall put it that way, so all the great location shooting looks as good as before - so that's a real bonus!

But in a recent interview with John Hurt, he did confirm blue screen shooting.

queeq
Of course there's blue sceen. Indy's never been devoid of special visuall effects. OUr consolatlion now is that it's for sure to be better than in Last Crusade. They could really do those again as far as I am concerned.

Admiral Akbar
What I'm afraid of I guess is that Steven and Lucus will focus too much on special effects and ignore a good plot/storyline and character development.

queeq
In Empire it said the amount of visual effects was extremely low compaed to most action pics therse days. In fact, it's similar to the other three. I hope Spielberg is giving action-without-CGI lessons to people with this one.

Admiral Akbar
I hope so too.

queeq
Frank Marshall said so, I'm sure he knows.

Stun
something like a hundred CGI shots i heard - which is very little ofcoarse

Admiral Akbar
Sure sounds like a lot..how long is the film?

Stun
well i think the last 3 SW films had something like (roughly) 2000 shots on blue/green screen. Actually come to think of it, i meant "frames" not shotsstick out tongue

ragesRemorse
as much of a fan of the indy series as i am. As much as i am looking forward to this movie. I must say. The trailer makes the movie look like nothing special and actually lowers my anticipation for the movie a bit. Hopefully, that is a good thing. I will find myself going into a movie that i am not expecting much from and rewarded by a great event. I highly doubt this movie will be anything other than mediocre, at best.

queeq
Good thing you're positive.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
as much of a fan of the indy series as i am. As much as i am looking forward to this movie. I must say. The trailer makes the movie look like nothing special and actually lowers my anticipation for the movie a bit. Hopefully, that is a good thing. I will find myself going into a movie that i am not expecting much from and rewarded by a great event. I highly doubt this movie will be anything other than mediocre, at best.

I'm sure Indiana Jones and the ROTLA looked like nothing special, just another action flick, but we all know now that's not true now. stick out tongue

But I also know better than to get overexcited and too hyped up. Hopefully I walk out rewarded as well.

queeq
We all do. I can only hope Spielberg has some mastery up his sleeve that will surprise us all.

Stun
yeah i do my best not to get too hyped, but when it comes to Indiana Jones it's really hard not to

queeq
Poor Stun. wink

Stun
time for a new hobby? maybe i could create my own nation, and start a border dispute! lol that's actually a dream i had last weekWhat the f**k?

queeq
Sounds fun. Can I join you?

Stun
Sure, if you can provide military backupstick out tongue

queeq
I have a waterpistol...

Stun
well i already got that chinese kid from dusk till dawn, so you'll have to upstage him

queeq
Ah... that's gonna be hard.

Admiral Akbar
I wonder when the next trailer is going to come out.

queeq
March maybe?

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by queeq
March maybe?

I hope!! But that seems a bit too soon. I'm thinking sometime in April, or May before the movie hits the theatres.

queeq
I dunno... Can't wait, want it now.

Outbound
Oh my freakin' sweet jesus, just watched the trailer.....that is so much better than I imagined....not gonna spoil myself anymore until the movie comes out.

queeq
And it didn't show that much.

Stun
but enough to tie us over till' the next trailer. I'm thinking maybe late March or early April

queeq
It's agreat trailer, but they show so little to get us excited. Trailer making is great.

Stun
yeah, just as important to get a trailer right and not just the movie itself. i mean TPM trailer was a perfect example of what a trailer should do

queeq
Indeed. Good stuff.

Stun
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4496&Itemid=99

mid-to-late April for the second trailer, i was hoping for late March - ah well stick out tongue

queeq
Can't wait.

queeq
http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

New TV spot... mostly the same as the trailer, excpet for the opening shots.

Admiral Akbar
Opening shot was cool.

queeq
Yup...

Admiral Akbar
I wonder what Indy was so interested in, lying on the floor with the flashlight. To me the stone ground he was lying on looked like a calendar, or maybe a secret passage of some sort.

Stun
it was worth it for the opening shot - obviouslystick out tongue and there's also something flying out of the same explosian we saw in the trailer messed please dont over do it! lol

queeq
Something flying out??? Gotta check that again.

Stun
teaser trailer -
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/kotcsexplo.jpg TV spot -

erm

queeq
What the...

Stun
well i'm hoping it's a wheel......and not a UFO or a trash can lidlaughing out loud

queeq
Rather big... but maybe it flies towards the camera.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah strikes me as perspective making a man-hole-cover sized object seem a bit bigger as it flies towards camera.

queeq
And CGI as wel...

Sadako of Girth
Didn't they say "No CGI" on this?

They've already broken their word then, if thats the case.

Stun

queeq
What about Lucas's comment about maing Indy4 in 3D???? With the red and green glasses....

Sadako of Girth
Oh ok Stun. Thanks for the update, smile I can live with that I guess.

As for the 3D thing, Queeqster, it fills my pants with poo at the fear of it being compromised 'Jaws 3' style with pointless scenes that revolve around the effect, that grate on rewatches.

But if they can avoid such creative travesties and make the whole thing a mere enhancer option then it'd all be gravy.
(Unlike the rancid arse-gravy that was 'Jaws 3')

queeq
*shudder about everything AFTER the original Jaws*

Stun
I'm somewhat surprised that we dont have a Theatrical trailer yet, you'd think that paramount would of gave us a release date by now?

sithsaber408
Release date is confirmed as May 23rd.

My guess is that the full length trailer will debut on May 2nd with Iron Man, another huge hit summer release from the same company, Paramount.

queeq
We can only hope. Better sooner than later.

Stun
http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_indy4.php?id=727

New TV Spot! looks fantastic, even though the quality is poor

Admiral Akbar
Heh, I saw that. You gotta love seeing Indy swing that shovel.

Stun
'i hate ALIENS!' you know he's smashing E.T's head in with that shovellaughing out loud ...lets hope notmessed (i think the whole 'alien/roswell' thing will work if it's done in the right manner, with subtlety ofcoarse.) Yep, this is the best footage yet, and it's actually (if ever so slightly) changed my view of the overall look of KotCS. Perhaps viewing the teaser over and over again has got me to the point where i'm looking through a 'viewfinder' and missing the bigger picture. It's very refreshing, which is why we need another trailer on topwink

queeq
Looks excellent.

Stun
LOL is it me? or does it sound like Cate is saying "Stop Jacking Off!" in the warehouse scene just before Indy takes off on his whip laughing out loud

Admiral Akbar
I hope not..

Spartan005
OMFG THE NEW TRAILER IS ON YOUTUBE

HOLY SHIT THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaQBEG4fcd4

eek! eek! eek!

queeq
THe link doesn't lead anywhere. You sure?

Stun
Yep, the bootleg is now online from a number of sources. Looks great, but the action far outweighs the dialogue in this one - as to not give much away i suppose. I'm waiting for the HD version to hit the OS until i give my opinion though.

Admiral Akbar
I don't care if it's bootleg or not, I'm going to watch it.

Spartan005
Originally posted by queeq
THe link doesn't lead anywhere. You sure?

damnit... they took it off sad

it was really on youtube though and it looked amazing

queeq
Darn... I missed it.

I did see both TV spots though...

Stun
There's alot of great stuff from the trailer, but this is basically what i can remember - Not that theres any point reading this because it should be up officially in a day or 2

Theres a Harrison Ford narration at the beginning as he talks about the Crystal Skull, something about "whoever returns the skull to it's temple will harness it's power" - or words to that effect, and he also speaks of a skull made of gold, but i cant quite remember the exact dialogue. We also see a quick scene where Indy has the skull in his hands, an additional shot from the jungle chase with Russians firing, a great bit of dialogue where Indy tells Mac to put his arms down whilst the Ruskies are pointing their weapons at them ..."Your embarrassing us!", and a great scene with Indy, Mutt and Marion, i think Mutt says "Whats he going to do now?" Marion - "I dont think he's planned that far ahead." then Indy comes out from the back of the truck with a rocket launcher and says "I'd cover your ears if i were you.", also theres a strange scene which looks like some sort of rocket sled, anyway that's roughly what i can remember.

Stun
http://www.itisgreenman.com/2008/04/new-indiana-jones-theatrical-trailer.html

just found it, it's completley out of sync but its better than nothing! hope it still works

Admiral Akbar
Or you can find it on youtube. Search for Indy trailer #3. It's good :P

Stun
Yes, atleast that one is in-sync, i'm trying it again though i think they took it downsad

queeq
Missed it again, it's been taken out. So I watched the out of synch one. Looks very very nice.

Admiral Akbar
Indeed it does.

Stun
Originally posted by Stun
teaser trailer -
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/kotcsexplo.jpg TV spot -

erm

Ok i know this is just an explosian, but why has it changed twice? this new one from the 2nd TV spot is from exactly the same scene, yet no disk? still, the good thing is it doesnt look CGI, lol i think paramount are playing with us stick out tongue

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/thirdexplosian.jpg

Admiral Akbar
Strange..

queeq
Very odd...

Spartan005
weird, the theatrical trailer doesn't show it in the explosion either....

but you still see it flying towards indy so yeah, its there

queeq
Some mystery.

Stun

awwwww, i love HD eek! check out the theatrical trailer the way it was meant to be seenstick out tongue

Admiral Akbar
Nice! It looks great.

exanda kane
The second trailer is great!

Ahnold
Heh - I'm actually quite proud of myself that I managed to show some patience and restraint this time around, by not watching the bootleg version of this long-awaited full-length trailer that appeared online not long before the official release ... and I'm very glad I did big grin ! As you said Stun, *that* is the way this trailer is supposed to be seen - and it looks great smile !

Interestingly, though, we still know almost next to nothing about the actual movie. I never imagined that they would ever be able to pull off this level of secrecy when it came to "Indy IV", but, as a result, I'm now even more excited to see the finished film; how refreshing it is not to have an entire movie ruined for you by advertising before actually going to see it smile .

Well then ... I guess that's it; we've at last had the final trailer (even if it did come out just 3 weeks before the film's release eek! ) - so bring on the movie big grin jump

Admiral Akbar
I'm going to start counting down. 18 more days till the movie.

Jovan
I aint going to the midnight screening (if they would do one here anyway) but definitly as soon as I can!

Spartan005
I'm so excited for this movie, I can't really take it. I keep telling all of my friends that I'm going to the midnight screening and they're like wtf why?

and maybe people are embarassed to admit liking indiana jones or something, but when I saw iron man last night and the trailer premiered... there was absolute silence after it and a few giggles here and there. I was like WTF PEOPLE??? so I clapped a few times...

and then felt like an idiot when the silence continued, but whatever. no expression

17 DAYS HOLY SHIT eek!

vintageSW77
Excellent
and i agree im quite surprised at how little of the plot has leaked
im going to stay spoiler free until May 22 if it kills me

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Spartan005
I'm so excited for this movie, I can't really take it. I keep telling all of my friends that I'm going to the midnight screening and they're like wtf why?

and maybe people are embarassed to admit liking indiana jones or something, but when I saw iron man last night and the trailer premiered... there was absolute silence after it and a few giggles here and there. I was like WTF PEOPLE??? so I clapped a few times...

and then felt like an idiot when the silence continued, but whatever. no expression

17 DAYS HOLY SHIT eek!

Ya, the people in my theatre were quiet too. sad

Jovan
I'm trying to stay spoilerfree too, so that's why I don't wanna read here .... but I'm looking very forward to this!

queeq
I read everything I can get my hands on.

Jovan
good for you

queeq
Saw the trailer in all its glory now. Looks excellent. Seems like they changed the very CGI look of the warehouse explosion as well.

And about that disc... seems there's one flying at INdy's truck after het shot the RPG.

Admiral Akbar
16 days till the premiere. Woohoo

queeq
Almost there.

Stun
i'm not sure if the other two TV spots have been posted, but here goeswink
i imagine the 3rd one will be on the OS very soon. Lol Harrison's 'c'mon' line from the 4th spot reminds me of Raiders' for some reasonstick out tongue

http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_indy4.php?id=759

Admiral Akbar
Yeah the c'mon line is pure Indy, but the way he says it is different. It's more casual. I like the c'mon line he used in TLS with his father. I would prefer if he said it that way.

The TV Spots were cool. Some new scenes I noticed.

15 Days till release!

queeq
Happy Dance

Stun
well, if anybody is feeling super nostalgic (dumb questionstick out tongue) check this new featurette out cool

Admiral Akbar
Also notice that the site has 5 new TV spots. big grin

queeq
Five??!!!

Admiral Akbar
Yup! We already saw 1,2,3, and 4, but the site gave us a few more goodies; totaling up to 9 TV Spots.

Stun
just noticed that LOL how generous!eek!

queeq
Happy Dance

Stun
Jonnnneessy! how am i not surprised to hear that from Winstone? stick out tongue

Ahnold
And yet, they still give almost nothing away! As I said before, though, I'm certainly not complaining; after waiting for this film for as long as I can remember, I don't want to spoil it for myself 2 weeks beforehand!

One question, though - what the hell is that shadowy, screaching creature shown crawling on a tree branch (which later jumps down, only for Indy to hit it with a shovel) blink ? Ah well, we'll all soon know ...

Also, loving that line of Indy's: "Put your hands down will ya, you're embarassing us" stick out tongue . Plus, of course, Marion's very knowing: "I don't think he plans that far ahead ..." big grin

Stun
regarding the strange guy who jumped from the tree in the trailer - if you wanna knowwink

It's a guard at Chauchilla cemetry (an actual burial ground in Peru) they have blow-darts and wear skull masks

Ahnold
Many thanks - but, tempting as it is, I think I better pass on the spoiler smile .

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>