mr mxy vs parallax(hal)&ion(kyle)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
no bfr
the fight in the 5th dimension
who takes the win.

Astner
Mxyzpltk, at least according to World's funnest.

Erik-Lensherr
Mxy

guy222
mxy

lordboo
Originally posted by Astner
Mxyzpltk, at least according to World's funnest.
this is not the worlds funniest.
is that non cannon?

TricksterPriest
It's canon. Mxy beats ass.

Photon009
I'm not very knowledgeably on Mxy, but isnt he just a slightly more powerful Impossible Man? What makes him so powerful that he can beat 2 omnipotent beings at once?

Astner
Originally posted by Photon009
I'm not very knowledgeably on Mxy, but isnt he just a slightly more powerful Impossible Man? What makes him so powerful that he can beat 2 omnipotent beings at once?
He has by far higher panel feats.
In World's Funnest for instance he destroyed all realities, all dimensions and all timelines, and beat the Spectre.
And Emperor Joker even imprissoned the Spectre with Bat-mites power, which is only a fraction that of Mxyzptlk's.

Avlon
Mxy.

When Joker had his power, he even threatened to recreate "Amagalm"(which would involve the MU), hit them in the "Zero Hour", or to create a "REAL" crisis.

Charlotte DeBel
Mxy is in the very different ballpark than Impossible man.

I feel sad for Kyle. Mxy is going to turn poor artist in a Paris Hilton blowup doll despite the great powers of Ion.

Kurash
STORM!

Astner
Originally posted by Avlon
When Joker had his power, he even threatened to recreate "Amagalm"(which would involve the MU), hit them in the "Zero Hour", or to create a "REAL" crisis.
No--Just no ...

Astner
Originally posted by Kurash
STORM!
Teh true WINrar of every battle laughing out loud

Val
Mxy.

I'm not impressed.

Kurash
Teh true WINrar of every battle laughing out loud

Happy Dance

Sirius77
myx.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Val
I'm not impressed.

erm

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Hal and Kyle ftw.

Sundipped
He has by far higher panel feats.
In World's Funnest for instance he destroyed all realities, all dimensions and all timelines, and beat the Spectre.
And Emperor Joker even imprissoned the Spectre with Bat-mites power, which is only a fraction that of Mxyzptlk's.

thumb up It should be a greatest feats ever forum for these events.

Avlon
Originally posted by Val
I'm not impressed.

Joker didn't think particularly much of you either.

Can't we all just get along? smile

Val
Joker didn't think particularly much of you either.

Can't we all just get along? smile
No.

Shin_Nikkolas
Since when did World's Funnest become canon now?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Since when did World's Funnest become canon now?

It's canon for Mxy. Hypertime ftw.

Shin_Nikkolas
Nope.

52 universes.

Thus, only certain Elseworlds are canon.

Nothing says World's Funnest is.

Thanks and please try again later.

Avlon
Originally posted by Val
No.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7555/180pxdoakesry9.jpg

Not even for your Doaky-poo?

Val
Anything for Doakes. droolio

Merlyn
Nope.

52 universes.

Nothing says World's Funnest is. Ahhh... So YOU'LL decide which Elseworlds titles are canon, and which are not?

That literally made me giggle a bit.

Shin_Nikkolas
Oh...I DIDN'T say that?

You are literally laughing at what you said?

Nice.

Let's now actually look at what I said.

Oh...it seems like I'm stating a truism. Afterall, Kingdom Come was an Elseworld but LOOK! It's canon as another of the 52 universes!

But where is it said World's Funnest is?

Nowhere?

Okay then.

Galan007
Mxy.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nope.

52 universes.

Nothing says World's Funnest is.

Thanks and please try again later.
The kingdom still exist. Mentioned in 52. World's Funnest is still cannon until further notice. Plus we all know Grant morrison loves hypertime and guess who happens to be in charge of the next big Crisis?

Soljer
It doesn't matter. Kingdom come has concrete evidence of being canon. Something that world's funnest lacks. There is no reason to believe it to be canon - well, no reason except for spite or bias.

Val
Originally posted by Soljer
It doesn't matter. Kingdom come has concrete evidence of being canon. Something that world's funnest lacks. There is no reason to believe it to be canon - well, no reason except for spite or bias.
Don't you get it? Grant Morrison <3 Hypertime and since Grant Morrison is writing Crisis, that means it's canon. My logic is infallible and if you can't see that, you're an elitist. nuts

TricksterPriest

Actually, I'm reasonably sure Galan had a 5 page arguement with Mr. M about this, and he proved Hypertime is canon, and that WF is canon because of it.

Shin_Nikkolas
Hypertime is obviously canon but that doesn't mean World's Funnest is.

FACT: There are 52 universes ONLY. No more, no less.

FACT: There are over a hundred Elseworld comics, each taking place in some alternate universe.

So, it's frankly impossible to have every single Elseworlds be canon.

TricksterPriest
Hypertime is obviously canon but that doesn't mean World's Funnest is.

FACT: There are 52 universes ONLY. No more, no less.

FACT: There are over a hundred Elseworld comics, each taking place in some alternate universe.

So, it's frankly impossible to have every single Elseworlds be canon.

But WF occured BEFORE IC and the 52 universes. So your logic doesn't work. doped

Shin_Nikkolas
So did Kingdom Come.

But look. Now it's Earth-22.

Go figure.

Astner
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
But WF occured BEFORE IC and the 52 universes. So your logic doesn't work. doped
You're wrong, World's Funnest was printed in the 90's, as were Crisis on Infinite earth took place in the 80's.

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Actually, I'm reasonably sure Galan had a 5 page arguement with Mr. M about this, and he proved Hypertime is canon, and that WF is canon because of it.

"Galan says so!" doesn't fly here - not with me, anyways. Is an elseworlds comic canon?

Sure. If there's evidence in the mainstream universe.

If Mxy's chatting with Clark and says something like "Oh, alright, I'll just go destroy everything again," you would have a case.

As is, you have a hope and a prayer.

Galan007
"Galan says so!" doesn't fly here In the words of another member, whom shall not be named -- How dare you besmirch my name!! durfist

nvrbeenwthagirl
"Galan says so!" doesn't fly here - not with me, anyways. Is an elseworlds comic canon?

If Mxy's chatting with Clark and says something like "Oh, alright, I'll just go destroy everything again," you would have a case.

Since there is only one Spectre Prime and One Mxy, World's funnest has to be cannon to those characters. And since Mxy basically erased everything and set it all back to the way it was, EVEN after infinite Earth's had been destroyed, It could have happened at ANY POINT in comics history. or at all points since time has absolutely no meaning to mxy.

TricksterPriest

I'm pretty sure he referenced it at one point. srug

Avlon
IF Kingdom come is Earth 22...and Mxy went on to destroy that world..and every other world/universe/concept..then wouldn't that have made it canon?

Unless there are 2 kingdom comes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.