win/loss record

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
{Edit by Digi}

I like this thread idea, so we're focusing it some (otherwise I'd have to close it). Use the following template:

A. Most wins (total):
B. Most losses (total):
C. Best winning percentage (minimum 20 fights):
D. Worst winning percentage (min. 20 fights):
E. Most wins without a loss ever:

Val
Martian Manhunter

ankur29
win:
capatin america, squirell girl superman

loss:
MM,spidey

Endless Mike
Anyone who has only fought once and won

Mr.Biscuits
Originally posted by Val
Martian Manhunter

DigiMark007
This could be a good thread, but more direction is needed.

You have to break this down:

A. Most wins (total):
B. Most losses (total):

PIS instances, I would assume, do count...a win is a win and a loss a loss any way you cut it.

...another number could be subbed in for 20, but that seemed decent.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DigiMark007
This could be a good thread, but more direction is needed.

You have to break this down:

A. Most wins (total):
B. Most losses (total):

PIS instances, I would assume, do count...a win is a win and a loss a loss any way you cut it.

...another number could be subbed in for 20, but that seemed decent.

Use this as a template. Anyway, my thoughts:

A. One of the big names. Batman or Spider-Man likely. Supes actually wouldn't get this because Pre/Post Crisis Supes steals about half the wins away from the total number of wins for "Superman". And Wolverine hasn't been as big as he is currently for decades like the others, so total appearences hurts him.

B. Same deal. Or Rhino.

C. ??

D. Dunno. Likely a villian though.

E. Squirrel Girl, no contest.

batdude123
Supes actually wouldn't get this because Pre/Post Crisis Supes steals about half the wins away from the total number of wins for "Superman".

confused

Same with Batman.

And regardless, he's appeared in enough comics even since 1986 to warrant a contending spot for your 'A' position.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by batdude123
confused

Same with Batman.

Really? Oh yeah. Nevermind.

embarrasment

Spidey for the win then in the first two.

Scoobless
Spidey for the win then in the first two.

You think? he does tend to get beat up on a fairly regular basis (before eventually winning the comeback fights)

Then again, if you count all the second rate fights with guys like the Kangaroo or the Scorcher which sometimes just happen in the middle of other stories and are almost always complete walkovers then you might have a case.

But, if you count every single Hand/Ninja/Hydra/AIM soldier/member as a separate fight in this, then Wolverine probably has the highest number of wins as he seems to go through a few dozen every couple of comics.

Captain America probably has him beat on the win/loss ratio though

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
You think? he does tend to get beat up on a fairly regular basis (before eventually winning the comeback fights)

Then again, if you count all the second rate fights with guys like the Kangaroo or the Scorcher which sometimes just happen in the middle of other stories and are almost always complete walkovers then you might have a case.

But, if you count every single Hand/Ninja/Hydra/AIM soldier/member as a separate fight in this, then Wolverine probably has the highest number of wins as he seems to go through a few dozen every couple of comics.

Captain America probably has him beat on the win/loss ratio though

Ratio/percentage, sure. But I'm talking total wins and losses, both of which he likely has. Crisis messes with the totals of the DCU, and no one else has nearly as many appearences as Pete.

He's the Brett Favre of comics (Americans will get this...Scoob can ignore it stick out tongue ).

DigiMark007
Originally posted by batdude123

Possibly, but it's still a severe handicap. If you include PC, he and Supes are clearly in the lead, but without it it's hard to make a case for it. Pete's been around since '62. That's 20+ years to make up, and he's had at least 3 dedicated titles to his name for over a decade now, and obviously a lot of team appearences, limited series, and crossover appearences.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.