Yellowstone pressure building up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
I noticed this in the news, anyone who has seen the documentary about it will realize the calamity which would come about if this went up.

Just shows that there are other things to worry about than being late for work or your Footy teams results.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Yellowstone National Park, once the site of a giant volcano, has begun swelling up, possibly because molten rock is accumulating beneath the surface, scientists report.

LINK CNN

Kinneary
The article basically says there isn't anything to worry about.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Bicnarok

Just shows that there are other things to worry about than being late for work or your Footy teams results.

"It's not unusual for ancient volcano sites like Yellowstone and Long Valley, California, to rise and fall, according to the researchers."

My...I'm worried shitless now.

RedAlertv2
Bird Flu finally has competition

jaden101
i'm taking it this is about the super volcano and the magma chamber below yellowstone increasing in volume...and that it wouldn't be the 1st time it's erupted...and that it's likely to flatten a huge part of the US the next time it does...or bury it under massive volumes of ash

rock on

Bicnarok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.