Our 21st century is ridiculous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cheesebits
Read the Holy Bible, mankind seemed so ridiculous, some have said.

What will we say about our century or our generation's contribution to it?

anaconda
coke

Cheesebits
Originally posted by anaconda
coke

21st cent is backwards

Darth_Erebus2
WTF does the bible have to do with anything? This thread doesn't make sense.

lord xyz
George W Bush being sworn in as president is the worst thing of the 21st century.

the welsh one
worst thing was the spetember 11th attacks sad im not american but so many families must have lost their relatives

R.I.P

lord xyz
If Bush wasn't president it would have been avoided.

Darth_Erebus2
Originally posted by lord xyz
If Bush wasn't president it would have been avoided.

I hate Shrub too but that statement was just lame.

chillmeistergen
Well how about scientific, industrial and economic advancement? I'm pretty sure that we've contributed quite a bit, and will continue to do so.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus2
I hate Shrub too but that statement was just lame. Why? Bush was a lame duck before 9/11.

Bardock42
Originally posted by the welsh one
worst thing was the spetember 11th attacks sad im not american but so many families must have lost their relatives

R.I.P A joke.

That was certainly not the worst thing.

lord xyz
Iraq, Katrina, general bad weather, the US 2004 election, George Bush, other terrorist attacks, WW3 coming near?

Bardock42
Iraq, Katrina, general bad weather, the US 2004 election, George Bush, other terrorist attacks, WW3 coming near? Yeah, and maybe the Tsunami that killed 230.000 people....no expression

Devil King
Why? Bush was a lame duck before 9/11.

Bush was no lame duck, unless of course you're addressing his personality. But, Bush was certainly no lame duck president. Even after the '06 elections, he still hasn't been treated as a lame duck. He gets everything he wants.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, and maybe the Tsunami that killed 230.000 people....no expression Oh yeah, that. That was also very bad.

Originally posted by Devil King
Bush was no lame duck, unless of course you're addressing his personality. But, Bush was certainly no lame duck president. Even after the '06 elections, he still hasn't been treated as a lame duck. He gets everything he wants. Before 9/11. He did virtually nothing, but watch things go wrong. Then he went on vacation.

Bardock42
He gets everything he wants.

That's because he threatens to hold his breath and cry if he doesn't.

Devil King
Before 9/11. He did virtually nothing, but watch things go wrong. Then he went on vacation.

That doesn't make him a lame duck

chithappens
Why? Bush was a lame duck before 9/11.

From Answers.com:

lame duck
n.

1. An elected officeholder or group continuing in office during the period between failure to win an election and the inauguration of a successor.
2. An officeholder who has chosen not to run for reelection or is ineligible for reelection.
2. An ineffective person; a weakling.

---------------------------------------------------------

Shrug, it could work

lord xyz
That doesn't make him a lame duck I use the term lame duck literally. Someone who does nothing.

Devil King
In American politics, the term Lame Duck means a president who has, through the victory of the other party in an election, lost his ability to push his agenda. This president, as Bardock pointed out, still gets what he wants. So, in america at least, the term does not apply.

Lame, now that's a term that applies.

Evil Dead
who's up for a political whining forum?

there, there guys.......it'll all be better in about 14 months.

lord xyz
In American politics, the term Lame Duck means a president who has, through the victory of the other party in an election, lost his ability to push his agenda. This president, as Bardock pointed out, still gets what he wants. So, in america at least, the term does not apply.

Lame, now that's a term that applies. Eventhough, he did lose the election. The popular vote atleast.

Evil Dead
Eventhough, he did lose the election. The popular vote atleast.

the first election, he did lose the popular vote. After four years of idiocy......the American people voted him back in, electoral college and popular.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Evil Dead
the first election, he did lose the popular vote. After four years of idiocy......the American people voted him back in, electoral college and popular.

A stubborness Europeans can't but admire.

The majority of voting US Americans saying a big "**** YOU" to Europe, the middle east and reason.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
George W Bush being sworn in as president is the worst thing of the 21st century.
Upon just how many levels must you fail?

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by the welsh one

R.I.P

Indeed it was horrific, I was as gutted for New York that black day, but the worst...? In all the world ever...?
What about WW1, WW2, Iraq, Vietnam, cancers of all types, AIDS, Murder, Starvation, Cot death, corporate negligance and of course, spilling my pint and of course old age...? Possibly a few folks affected there too.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Upon just how many levels must you fail?
Its fairly up-there so far in the ranks of bad things this century go.

How many deaths have been attributed to his negligence in the first seven years alone...? Those that died on 9/11 as a result of his ignoring the repeated pre-9/11 warnings..?, and then post-9/11 actions...? At least a 3,000 additional US troops?? The massive-by-comparison amount of Iraqis...??

Bush = Not the greatest thing this century either.

Most of those lost and their relatives might actually might not agree, along with most of the free thinking world, at least as far as plotical (sic) happenings have been so far this century..
And thats without considering the mood of fear and liberty restrictions he and his dad's old workplace(CIA)'s former goldenboy Bin Laden on the "opposite" side has defined this century by so far....

Buck Rogers is gonna be plenty pissed if he comes to this century, no mistake..... "Biddybiddybiddy- Whats up, Buck."

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Cheesebits
Read the Holy Bible, mankind seemed so ridiculous, some have said.

What will we say about our century or our generation's contribution to it?

personally, i think air conditioning is mans finest achievement. So, i believe we will be remembered as exceptional inventors and comfort bringers.

Slinky kicks ass too

Sadako of Girth
Gotta love the slinky.

Goes down stairs and everything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.