Wish me luck!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darla
I have my transfer viva at 3pm today. It's the first major milestone of my PhD. So I'm just sitting around waiting for it to happen, reading papers, being bored and trying not to be sick!

confused

Tonight, lots of drinking: sick

!!

Corran
Good luck, if you are drinking anywhere south of London give me a call, I'll see myself and some friends are around.

Darla
Well, we'll be in South Kensington, cos that's where I work.

Lara
djee! good luck, I hope you do well and get the grades you want.

Darla
Thanks!

I either pass and continue with my PhD or fail and get chucked out of college (which isn't highly likely).

Corran
South Kensington, Hmmm not such a good experience last time we went there, still I'll check.

mechmoggy
Good luck Darla. I too am revising for two small exams tomorrow, I booked yesterday and today off to do it but as you may expect I did nothing all day yesterday except sleep and finish reading Frank Skinner's autobiog.

Although my two exams only go towards 5% each of my BEng, so you may be under a little more pressure than me.......

Ushgarak
Good luck, Darla. You know we are all rooting for you!

mah
good luck

Corran
Huh, huh you said rooting.

Dim
Luck!

finti
Luck

LanceWindu
Lucky Charms!!!

Oops, I mean...uhh...Good Luck.

Thomas H
good luck!

Darla
Well, I passed! Lasted a long time for a transfer viva, an hour and 45 minutes! But I have come away with lots of constructive criticism and at least I wasn't in tears! Went to the Black Widow and drank a few deadly sins.

Corran
congratulations, is this a friend of yours? http://smilies.networkessence.net/contrib/dvv/asthanos.gif

Darla
cooooooooool

Ushgarak
Woo-hoo! Nice going!

PadmeSkywalker
Nice Job Darla. I have some good news as well, for I am a semi-finialist for a scholarship that may pay for all four years of my college education!

Corran
have you tried the boot site yet?

Ushgarak
Oooh! Lovely! Well done all...

PadmeSkywalker
yes I love the boots on that site Corran, the heel will go nicely into someone's forehead

Corran
Ermm OW. sad

Ushgarak
Let;s not be bringing unpleasantness into this happy thread!

Corran
She started it.

Ushgarak
Now now, children...

Corran
But, but..*hangs head in shame*

PadmeSkywalker
*pats Corran's head* it's alright, I don't mean hurting anyone here.

Corran
Not even if we pay you? evil face

PadmeSkywalker
well that's an option

Corran
OK, sounds good.

PadmeSkywalker
how much are we talking about and who>

Captain REX
Good luck. smile

PadmeSkywalker
ya never know....

finti
but I do...........

PadmeSkywalker
ooo.....do I hear a penny for someone on the forums?

mechmoggy
I passed my 1st exam and get the results for the 2nd next week.

If anyone cares.

PadmeSkywalker
I care Mech, I have midterms next week

mechmoggy
Spank you Padme, spank you very much. big grin

Good luck

finti
hmm schoolthings so far back in the past

mechmoggy
Okay, got the 2nd exam results today and had to sit another one too.

Got 100% in both my 1st two exams. Good news, but I feel a bit of a t**t for moaning to everyone how hard I was finding revising for them. embarrasment

Corran
100%, you wouldn't happen to be autistic would you?

mechmoggy
I am "Rain Man". big grin

Orpheus
Nice one Mech. I have never got anywhere near 100% in an exam.

Good going there Darla.

mechmoggy
Oh no bother, I think I'm gonna undo all my good work with the piss-poor essay I've cobbled together so far which has to be handed in soon. I felt quite confident after getting a big list of website sources to look at but now I've exhausted them all and found very little. Oh pants. sad

finti
Oh a 100% that is good, didnt get the extra credit now did you big grinsmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.