Batman vs L

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain King
If you don't watch the anime Deathnote, I suggest you do. L has made me question if Batman truly is the world's greatest detective.

If anyone could out-detective Batman, it's L. L might not be as brilliant fighter like Batman, but i'm asking you who the better detective is. Immagine this isn't a brawl, but a battle of wits. Batman is a vigilante wether we'd like to admit it or not, L is a controversial man of the law that is wrapped in secrecy. Because of this, there's no proof he is or isn't a vigilante and the FBI and even CIA just have to take his word for it.

Immagine Batman is being hunted down for the countless bad things he's done through comic continuity, now immagine Batman has caught wind of L's presence. Now both have to use their deduction skills to find the other first. Both have thier entire lives and careers on the line.

No outside help from the justice league
No Light Yagami to worry about

Just two detectives playing an abstract game of chess.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Batman ftw.

Kento
L is good and I mean really good but he isn't going to be able to find Bruce if Bruce doesn't want to be found. Though I think the same could be said for L since his face is unknown to anybody for the most part. I don't think they could find each other.

psycho gundam
c'mon, who else in gotham can afford a custom vehicle, state of the art weapons/armour, and not take money for his deeds. L would make batman so annoyed that he would reveal himself(and kill him) just to discredit L's victory.

Shin_Nikkolas
When I saw "vs. L" I thought of the chick from Men In Black.

HueyFreeman
bump (I was watching Death Note Earlier)

Symmetric Chaos
L would win . . . probably within minutes of the game starting. Hell the only reason he couldn't catch Light was because of the Note.

On the other hand I can't see how anything would compel Bruce and L to hunt each other down considering they have similar lack of scruples and similar moral codes (excluding L's willingness to sacrifice others)

Sirius77
Possibly l. Possibly batman. It could go either way...

psycho gundam
L deduces batman and bruce wayne are one in the same in 5 minutes.
pulls out his cell phone and calls watari. he asks watari to inform the media and popperazi that bruce wayne is batman. bruce wayne's life thus becomes a living hell. meanwhile, L han't left his friggin couch.

Mindset
Batman tells Black Adam that Japan was behind his wife's death.

Black Adam kills everyone in Japan.

One of them is bound to be L smile

Sirius77
lol.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mindset

One of them is bound to be L smile batman-"*coughs*...uhh Tath...um someone in japan killed your wife."

ba-"Japan!.. wait, what do you mean "someone"?

batman- confused

ba-" aren't you supposed to be the worlds greatest detective?" mad

black adam then slaps batman, breaking his neck

Mindset
Black Adam is Batman's best friend.

Who do you think got Batman to wear a black suit?

Symmetric Chaos

One of them is bound to be L smile

L would have seen some random meaningless bit of evidence that BA was going to kill everyone and have moved to another country.

Eon Blue
Black Adam is Batman's best friend.

Who do you think got Batman to wear a black suit?

That was funny, I give you that.

Batman wins. He has Alfred, and Alfred is powerful.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
L would have seen some random meaningless bit of evidence that BA was going to kill everyone and have moved to another country. besides, L is from the wammy house which is in England. L is also a multimillionair and can leave a country on a whim.

Sado22
L hands down. he tackled everything light threw at him and was right about everything even though he was goin on 100% intuition.

L for the win.

*sits strangely while typing and eats a lot sweets*

besides, L is a scorpio. big grin

~Sado

Shervana
Originally posted by Kento
L is good and I mean really good but he isn't going to be able to find Bruce if Bruce doesn't want to be found. Though I think the same could be said for L since his face is unknown to anybody for the most part. I don't think they could find each other.

Im in total agreement two negative dont make a positive... itr gonna take a long time just for them to get one clue of who eachother is

Astner
Batman, in some occations his intelligence is abnormal.
L is just dumb with the ability to read minds and alike ... Seriously Death Note is so dumbed down in comparison to other detective stories that it's sad.

llagrok
L.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Astner
L is just dumb with the ability to read minds and alike ... Seriously Death Note is so dumbed down in comparison to other detective stories that it's sad. In all occasions L's intelligence is abnormal.
I hate L cause nothing gets past him, and the only way he didn't catch kira is because of the supernatural element. the only thing

Shervana
L is just dumb with the ability to read minds and alike ... Seriously Death Note is so dumbed down in comparison to other detective stories that it's sad.

Bite your tongue >=0

Astner
I'm only saying that the author did a poor job describing L's intelligence.
It wasn't that much thinking more like dumb assumpions (how the hell could he know that Shinigamis existed for one) and the ability to notice small details.
The series was a bit far fetch. As for this battle Batman, no doubt.

Symmetric Chaos
I'm only saying that the author did a poor job describing L's intelligence.
It wasn't that much thinking more like dumb assumpions (how the hell could he know that Shinigamis existed for one) and the ability to notice small details.
The series was a bit far fetch.

He knew Shinigami's existed because Kira told him and then he met one. How can you have a problem with a detective that notices small details?

As for this battle Batman, no doubt.

Batman's identity is obvious though. L is virtually psychic he'd figure out who Batman is in minutes. On the other hand L has no past what-so-ever.

Mindset
Actually a lot of people should have found out who Batman was, or at least have a good idea.

Appears to be centralized in Gotham city.

With his resources he must have a large sum of money.

Bruce Wayne adopts a kid, then sometime in the near future Batman gets a new young sidekick.

I mean, come on...

Astner
Bad example. Then how did he know Kira needed a name. That would have to be the dumbest condlution ever to be tested, as if the name somehow was essential to your life.

HueyFreeman
Bad example. Then how did he know Kira needed a name. That would have to be the dumbest condlution ever to be tested, as if the name somehow was essential to your life. I know that the face clue came from the set up broad cast. He probably figured out that a name was needed when Kira killed that policeman who was carrying a list of the names of the policeman working on the kira case. Remember Light made every policeman write the list before they died to throw L off as to which one was he was in contact with or something to that effect.

Sado22
deathnote is dumbed down?!

can someone please tell me why the villains never take off batman's mask even though he bound or chained up in front of them so many times. and i'm talking WAY before he got the gizmos to stop people from taking off his mask.

now THAT is dumb.

~Sado

Mindset
They tried to, god wouldn't allow it.

xmarksthespot
Oh please, I could have figured out Batman's secret identity by now.

L always suspected Yagami Light to be Kira, but a combination of the Death Note and CIS in not really wanting it to be Light stopped him from conclusively pinning it to him.

Rorschach
Originally posted by Sado22
deathnote is dumbed down?!

can someone please tell me why the villains never take off batman's mask even though he bound or chained up in front of them so many times. and i'm talking WAY before he got the gizmos to stop people from taking off his mask.

now THAT is dumb.

~Sado

He's Batman, not Wonder Woman. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/haermm2.gif

Sado22
laughing
holysh!t i didn't see that.

well, you know what i mean. he WAS bound and chained by them so many times they could've just easily taken off his mask. but no........that's be too wrong even for people who want to kill everyone in the city roll eyes (sarcastic)

but then again, the point DC always seems to be trying to make is that people are stupid. take supes for instance.
*wears glasses* hey look, i'm clark kent and not superman. laughing

at least bats is wearing a mask so it makes sense from DC standards.

and L wins. mad

~Sado

Rorschach

Sado22
some of the old batman issues would suffice. and then there is the animate series. try "i almost got him" for one.

this happend later. supercunt and martian ugly@$$ came later so it doesn't count for the years he's been walking around before them.

well lex is a dumbass then isn't he.

you said it yoruself...they gave reasons but the reasons are crap.

L wins.

~Sado

Rorschach

lifeisaglich
I think I can answer why batman has not been unmasked when tired to a chair. It is because his mask holds certain surprises. Like if you try to take of the mask without proper protocols you might get shocked, or gassed. And knowing how resourceful batman is rather than risk being incapacitated they just let it slide.

Decimus
Batman wins by much much more experience.

Sado22
don't know actually.

mm came after supes canonically

stubborn?
i'd still say stupid. you have all the proof in front of you and when you keep denying it.....makes you stupid. and bald.

valid reasons? a little before you said they were crap. make up your mind.

~Sado

Rorschach

xmarksthespot

Rorschach
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Well there's the recent Justice League issues...

I wasn't asking you. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/pullhair.gif

But really, it seems some of Batman's Rouge gallery don't want to know his secret identity. It's like that Pre-Crisis story where Joker actually goes out of his way to keep someone from revealing Batman's secret identity.

Sado22
the reasons suck. lets just leave it at that.
now back to topic. L finds out Batman before Bruce call spell "bat".

~Sado

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Rorschach
I wasn't asking you. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/pullhair.gif

But really, it seems some of Batman's Rouge gallery don't want to know his secret identity. It's like that Pre-Crisis story where Joker actually goes out of his way to keep someone from revealing Batman's secret identity.

Didn't Riddler one have a nervous breakdown when Bats threatened to removed his mask in front of him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.