Sebastian Shaw vs Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bransolute
They fight in New Jersey.

No prep.

Who wins?

NiņoAraņa
Spidey Webs him up and takes him to the top of a building.

FTW

Gecko4lif
Shaw ****s up spidey

His agility and SS would help him but it only takes 1 hit to stun him

then it is f*cking over

lando005
with no prep, spidy, shaw wouldn't have enough time to build up energy to be a threat to spidy as long as pete is careful about how he handles this he should do just fine

Gecko4lif
shaw starts at class 100

and that is if he isnt storing the energy from his natural movements (walking , eating, talking, sex)

Bransolute
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
shaw starts at class 100 confused

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Bransolute
confused
He does

Bransolute
He does Based on?

Gecko4lif
Based on?
His showing and marvel's officail classification

They f*ck alot of things up. But they get SOME things right

SwindlingSmurph

They f*ck alot of things up. But they get SOME things right Based on his showings, he's normally quite low until he's hit a lot.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by SwindlingSmurph
Based on his showings, he's normally quite low until he's hit a lot.
no he is just a bad fighter
and not the brightest bulb in the basket

Bransolute

They f*ck alot of things up. But they get SOME things right So... nothing, and Marvel's rating? Which by the way... have Wolverine as a class 100. smile

NiņoAraņa
shaw starts at class 100

and that is if he isnt storing the energy from his natural movements (walking , eating, talking, sex) ...

this post fails so hard.

King_Mungi
So... nothing, and Marvel's rating? Which by the way... have Wolverine as a class 100. smile

Oh and Iron Fist stats are maxed out at 7's......take that Galactus!

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Oh and Iron Fist stats are maxed out at 7's......take that Galactus! ...

that one's not wrong. ermmnone

King_Mungi

NiņoAraņa
You have proof it's wrong? shifty

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Iron_Fist_(Danny_Rand) you just agreed to what i said. laughing out loud

King_Mungi

Symmetric Chaos
You have proof it's wrong? shifty

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Iron_Fist_(Danny_Rand)

laughing laughing

NiņoAraņa
Do you have proof I agreed to what you said? as I clearly misread it shifty you just confused the hell out of me. none180

King_Mungi

NiņoAraņa
shifty durfty

SwindlingSmurph

NiņoAraņa
Ignore the first sentences and the shifty smilies to crack the Mungi code. ermmnone it sunk in afterwards.

thank you, Smurphman! (no smilie i could think of could be added to make this less off)

King_Mungi
Ignore the first sentences and the shifty smilies to crack the Mungi code. ermmnone

"The Da Mungi Code?"

SwindlingSmurph

NiņoAraņa
worship

durno

Tron
Ummm, can we get back on topic?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Tron
Ummm, can we get back on topic?

No!

Shaw wins if Spidey tries fisticuffs. Otherwise Pete can probably cleverly BFR or neutralize him.

Battlehammer
actaully shaw keeps a storage of strength.

He around class 50 all the time. Then when hit he gets stronger.

he should waste spiderman. Hew also very quick.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Battlehammer
actaully shaw keeps a storage of strength.

He around class 50 all the time. Then when hit he gets stronger.

he should waste spiderman. Hew also very quick. how fast is Shaw?

Battlehammer

NiņoAraņa
fast enough.

when he gets hit an absorbs the energy it not simply his strength, but also his speed increases. He also very acrobatic.

Not that it matter fast enough to dodge a barrage of webbing? quick enough to catch Spider-man to give him the KO blow?

Battlehammer

NiņoAraņa
eh...since they're given basic info on each other, i doubt Spidey is going to be stupid (not CIS, just plain stupid) and attack him headon.

rip it when it's coming by the gallon? idk. maybe i'm reaching...

Battlehammer

lando005
i disagree with you hammer spider-man would not fight as one dimensional as you make it sound he is very quick to asses his opponent, and basic knowledge for fighters in every battle that takes place here includes knowing what a person's powerset is. He might not understand then ins and outs of how shaw's powers work but he will know what it does, and with that knowledge shaw wont touch him it will take a some time for spider-man to figure out a way to contain shaw but he is one of the most adaptive fighters in comics unless they are fighting in a barren desert spider-man will come out on top

Rhinoceros
Umm, Shaw's strenght depletes when he punches/attacks, guess what, Spidey's a pretty good dodger.

Symmetric Chaos
Doesn't Shaw often manage to taunt people into punching him even if they know his powers?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
Umm, Shaw's strenght depletes when he punches/attacks, guess what, Spidey's a pretty good dodger.

actaully he have to make contact for that to happen. a miss attack would not deplete his power at all. Also he far to smart for that to happen.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Doesn't Shaw often manage to taunt people into punching him even if they know his powers?
yup

Sparkz
If Shaw does start at class 50 then Spider-ma can't stop him cause if he tries a KO that's just plain foolish, and his webbing wont work on a class 50 character, because it can easily be ripped apart. If Spider-man is in any sort of lab environment maybe he could find away to beat Shaw at class 20 or higher, but that's iffy at best, and he's in a basic arena anyway....

Shaw would have to start out at class 10 for Spider-man to have a chance. solely due to webbing.

Shaw 10/10 if starting out at class 20 or higher.

wannabe
Spidey would only have to use the glue/bubblegum-version of his webbing to engulf Shaw completely and the fight is over, either because Shaw would be unable to move or because he would simply suffocate.

Sparkz
Originally posted by wannabe
Spidey would only have to use the glue/bubblegum-version of his webbing to engulf Shaw completely and the fight is over, either because Shaw would be unable to move or because he would simply suffocate.

Depends what strength level Shaw is, if he is high level he can easily rip the webbing away, and high strength class's can usually hold their breath for a long time.

wannabe
Originally posted by Sparkz
Depends what strength level Shaw is, if he is high level he can easily rip the webbing away, and high strength class's can usually hold their breath for a long time.
Ofcourse Shaw would most probably be able to rip apart Spidey's usual webbing, but i was talking about the glue-web.
Strength wouldn't do Shaw any good against it, cause the web would not rip but follow every move he would make, just to get back to it's original formation. Shaw simply hasn't the arm span to bring the glue-webbing past its ripping point.
And for the suffocting: Spidey could keep Shaw in a glue-bubble for days, and no matter how good Shaw's stamina is, he can't hold his breath THAT long.

Battlehammer
spiderman has organic webbing now...........there no glue-web

Sparkz
Originally posted by wannabe
Ofcourse Shaw would most probably be able to rip apart Spidey's usual webbing, but i was talking about the glue-web.
Strength wouldn't do Shaw any good against it, cause the web would not rip but follow every move he would make, just to get back to it's original formation. Shaw simply hasn't the arm span to bring the glue-webbing past its ripping point.
And for the suffocting: Spidey could keep Shaw in a glue-bubble for days, and no matter how good Shaw's stamina is, he can't hold his breath THAT long.

I guess so, but even the glue webbing isn't that effective, if Shaw grabbed a small section and started ripping it would rip, once it began to rip it would be pretty easy to carry on, and like Battlehammer said, we don't know if Spidey can use it now due to not have web shooters.

wannabe
Originally posted by Sparkz
I guess so, but even the glue webbing isn't that effective, if Shaw grabbed a small section and started ripping it would rip, once it began to rip it would be pretty easy to carry on, and like Battlehammer said, we don't know if Spidey can use it now due to not have web shooters.
The grabbing part would be the difficult one, or better it wouldn't, since the glue would be simply everywhere. And ripping something extremely sticky is not like ripping some plain ropes, especially when contingently gaps are refilled by surrounding substance or by the source itself.

Whether Spidey has a natural glue-webbing or not is, ofcourse, speculation, but he could still use his old webshooters just in case he dosn't (which would be possible but most unusual, now that he is more spider than ever before, and many spiders do use the kind of webbing in question)

Battlehammer
actaully most spiders don't nor has spiderman shown to. actaully no spider in the word can shoot webbing out. spidermans powers are really in many ways nothing like a spider.

oh and spiderman does not have his webshooters nor does he uses them any more.

man your really reaching here. Plain and simple spiderman loses the majority.

wannabe
actaully most spiders don't nor has spiderman shown to. actaully no spider in the word can shoot webbing out. spidermans powers are really in many ways nothing like a spider.

oh and spiderman does not have his webshooters nor does he uses them any more.

man your really reaching here. Plain and simple spiderman loses the majority.
Spidey's powers seem very much like he's a mixture of all traits any spider might have, adapted to a human body ... biologically ridiculous, ofcourse, but hey, that's the way superheroes are.

I already admitted that Spidey didn't show natural glue webbing ... yet.

I'm not reaching anything here, i just proposed a simple and not at all unusual or farfetched tactic with which Peter has a winning chance. If it would be absolutely and undoubtly clear that he can't use it, i too would say that he'd loose the majority.

lando005
true spider-man has not shown what he's capable of asid from standard web lines with his organic webs, but webs are not his only asset. Although he could apply them in such a manner as webbing shaw's fists into web balls, at that point he would be unable to rip the webbing and from there it would be a lot easier to leave him hanging from a light post and call it a night, but that's not his only option, another more risky approach is to try and overload shaw by forcing him to absorb many impacts it is risky but an option, and there is also the option of dropping him in so cement like he did for juggy a while back

NiņoAraņa
Give me a second to show that he does have Glue and other different web types (though i still agree Shaw takes majority if he starts of a 50 tonner)

batdude123
Sebastian Shaw ftw.

NiņoAraņa
soooo my photobucket is bieng retarded. if anyone has Amazing Spider-Man 544, can you show the like 3rd to last page? with how his webbing works at the top, stats at the bottom?

Sin I AM
I have never read of Shaw ever starting out at that high a Class, if that was the case he would easily one-shot many characters, instead of berating them into attacking him while boosting his already high strength class...I think you all are giving him a tad bit too much credit in the strength department, don't forum rules apply whereas characters fight at base standards unless otherwise annotated by the thread starter? In this case I see Shaw stating the fight off as an exceptionally strong "ordinary" human, all Peter would really have to do is web him up and he wouldn't be strong enough to break free.

pink text

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.