The Incredible Hulk Vs Swamp Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

B.A
Current Hulk vs Swamp thing, so that does mean WWH at the moment.

Takes place in NY.

Who wins?

smile

TricksterPriest
Unintentional spite. Sorry dude, but Hulk can't win this. Swampie is a plant elemental. It's next to impossible to beat him physically.

Bentley
Spite, Swamp can't be killed in this battle.

B.A
Spite is on purpose. I was not aware he is immune to physical damage. smile

No spite, just stupid. laughing out loud

And like trick said, unintentional. stick out tongue

golem370
Just a shot in the dark but what if Hulk destroyed the planet?

janus77
Hulk.

B.A
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk. How?

Bentley
Originally posted by golem370
Just a shot in the dark but what if Hulk destroyed the planet?

I considered the same idea but sadly I have not enough knowledge about DC's elementals to back up an answer.

Galan007
Swampy controls all teh green.

So how could Hulk possibly have a chance? smile

SuperiorTech
Swamp Thing.

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
Swampy controls all teh green.

So how could Hulk possibly have a chance? smile

He could throw the planet into the sun?

ermm.

And, for the record, I got the green joke.

Just saying...

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
And, for the record, I got the green joke.

Just saying... At least my humor wasn't entirely wasted.

You're the man Solj!
herbhappy

Estacado
Is this current WW Huc?

B.A
Originally posted by B.A
Current Hulk vs Swamp thing, so that does mean WWH at the moment.

Takes place in NY.

Who wins?

smile

Omega Vision
bump

CosmicComet
All-Father Hulk still loses.

celestialdemon
Swamp Thing stomps.

BattleMage
WWH

Harbinger
Not a damn thing Hulk can do to put Alec down.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Harbinger
Not a damn thing Hulk can do to put Alec down. except destroy the planet

Harbinger
Doesn't work with Swamp Thing, as he'd simply transfer his essence/consciousness to another planet.

zopzop
Doesn't work with Swamp Thing, as he'd simply transfer his essence/consciousness to another planet.

Which is a win for Hulk via BFR. Next....

Omega Vision
Wouldn't destroying the planet effectively bfr Hulk too?

I mean...he can't fly...

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Omega Vision

I mean...he can't fly...

actually he'd probably die..
laughing

unless he can breath in the vacuum of space...

Omega Vision
Besides, is it in character for Hulk to destroy Earth? I don't think so.

zopzop

I mean...he can't fly... Originally posted by celeyhyga17
laughing

Not really since it would be the Swamp Thing that has to run to a new planet.

And I believe Hulk can exist just fine in space. Unless something changed.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by zopzop
Not really since it would be the Swamp Thing that has to run to a new planet.

And I believe Hulk can exist just fine in space. Unless something changed.
But Hulk has effectively removed the battlefield...

...that's a loss for him as much as it is for ST.

And I love how you dodged the point about destroying Earth being OOC for Hulk.

celeyhyga17
Besides, is it in character for Hulk to destroy Earth? I don't think so.

apparently it's something he's always wanted..

stick out tongue

Enter, "Wordbreaker"!!!
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/8588878/Incredible_Hulks_634_014.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/8588879/Incredible_Hulks_634_015-16.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/8588881/Incredible_Hulks_634_017.jpg.html

Omega Vision
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
apparently it's something he's always wanted..

stick out tongue

Enter, "Wordbreaker"!!!
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/8588878/Incredible_Hulks_634_014.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/8588879/Incredible_Hulks_634_015-16.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/8588881/Incredible_Hulks_634_017.jpg.html
Lol apparently the rock of that planet is more durable than those 'Heralds'.

Harbinger
Was about to post this.

How does Hulk wins via BFR when he destroyed said battlefield?

I knew I had zopzop on ignore for a reason smile

zopzop
Was about to post this.

How does Hulk wins via BFR when he destroyed said battlefield?

I knew I had zopzop on ignore for a reason smile

laughing Such a child.

psycho gundam
Besides, is it in character for Hulk to destroy Earth? Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't think so. he even begged to be stopped, and in the latest issue he revealed he was conciously holding back.

zopzop

...that's a loss for him as much as it is for ST.

And I love how you dodged the point about destroying Earth being OOC for Hulk.

OOC is not the point, he could do it and easily and it's ST that would be BFRed because he'd NEED to be somewhere else where there is plant life. And if the battle moved to that other world, Hulk could do it again. ST would have to move on to the next world...wash, rinse, repeat.

psycho gundam
carver hacked zopzop's account

zopzop
Originally posted by psycho gundam
carver hacked zopzop's account

Not really, before these recent Hulk issues, and thanks to Galan's excellent respect thread, I would have said ST in a ridicustomp. But now we see Hulk is a legit "worldbreaker", ST can't do anything to him that Hulk won't heal back and once Hulk busts the planet, there goes ST by default. Hulk wins.

Carver was right all along.

jalek moye
Lol apparently the rock of that planet is more durable than those 'Heralds'.
Because like you said, Hulk can't fly.

BullwinkleMoose
Swamp Thing can fly through space, destroying the planet hurts Hulk more than Swamp Thing.

How is Hulk going to avoid Swamp Thing using any of his exotic abilities such as shutting down the Hulk's mind or attacking his soul?

Nihilist
Swamp Thing stomps...another thread Hulk doesnt get a win in, his stock has badly lowered. Poor Hulk.

Eon Blue
ST.

Diesldude
The Universe breaker hulk Wins. ST won't have any green matter to transfer his essence to and so he dies. Hulk, like Thanos is now unkillable and will wish himself back to life in another universe.

Omega Vision
OOC is not the point, he could do it and easily and it's ST that would be BFRed because he'd NEED to be somewhere else where there is plant life. And if the battle moved to that other world, Hulk could do it again. ST would have to move on to the next world...wash, rinse, repeat.
Yes it is. Characters fight in character unless stated otherwise here. Destroying Earth just to beat Swamp Thing would be super OOC for Hulk and thus isn't happening here.

Even if he did it Hulk would also be bfred because the battlefield would no longer exist...

...no he couldn't move onto the next world and "do it again" because Hulk can't fly. He can float aimlessly through space but that's about it.

the ninjak
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
laughing

Didn't you read World War Hulk?

Hulk was standing on the front of a spaceship. He doesn't need to breathe.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by the ninjak
Didn't you read World War Hulk?

Hulk was standing on the front of a spaceship. He doesn't need to breathe.
Not that it matters.

I think I'd rather asphyxiate than drift through space endlessly. Which is what would likely happen to Hulk if he destroyed the Earth.

CosmicComet
He's a skyfather now, he can probably create his own planet after he grows tired of drifting through space.

zopzop
Yes it is. Characters fight in character unless stated otherwise here. Destroying Earth just to beat Swamp Thing would be super OOC for Hulk and thus isn't happening here.

Even if he did it Hulk would also be bfred because the battlefield would no longer exist...

...no he couldn't move onto the next world and "do it again" because Hulk can't fly. He can float aimlessly through space but that's about it.

Let's just say I agree with you, then, at best, it's an eternal stalemate.

SuperiorTech
There was never a chance that Hulk would "willingly" destroy the planet anyway him being in the Dark Dimension and the backfired wishes of the villains is the reason he knew he could stop holding back and unleash to his hearts content.

Omega Vision
Let's just say I agree with you, then, at best, it's an eternal stalemate.
If bfr/OOC fighting (IE destroying Earth) is off the table then I think the odds of Swamp-Thing taking down Hulk are greater than the reverse.

zopzop
If bfr/OOC fighting (IE destroying Earth) is off the table then I think the odds of Swamp-Thing taking down Hulk are greater than the reverse.

How? The Hulk ages slowly (if at all) and his healing factor can keep him going forever. What can SW do to him?

Prep-Man
Swamp Thing.

Bentley
ST can control stomach flora, right?

Gamma powered plants ftw.

psycho gundam
hulk's blood makes plants grow too right?

Bentley
hulk's blood makes plants grow too right?

Hulk is a character so stupid that I don't know if you're joking or not ermm

psycho gundam
it was in planet hulk. his blood seemingly fed this type of vine growth on the planet

Uriel005
People still dodging the fact that even if hulk destroys the planet it doesn't necessarily mean he smashed ST because even then some fauna is going to exist in the debris ST just grows out of that and is now loling at hulk free floating in space. just no way for hulk to feasibly win this. Hell even not God ST is still at the least skyfather level if you take into account his more obscure abilities like soul manips which he did have before the whole potential to replace the source event occured as well as several other large scale elemental control abilities. Also he did trash an earth one superman IIRC on several occasions. I give a normal ST good odds against a team of hulks.

zopzop
Originally posted by Uriel005
People still dodging the fact that even if hulk destroys the planet it doesn't necessarily mean he smashed ST because even then some fauna is going to exist in the debris ST just grows out of that and is now loling at hulk free floating in space.

Dude, if he destroys the planet, what's going to hold that plant life in place? The gravity of those chunks of rocks wont' do it. They'll die in the void of space. At best it's a stalemate.

BullwinkleMoose
Dude, if he destroys the planet, what's going to hold that plant life in place? The gravity of those chunks of rocks wont' do it. They'll die in the void of space. At best it's a stalemate.

Except for the fact that Swamp Thing can fly through space and survive in it

zopzop
Originally posted by BullwinkleMoose
Except for the fact that Swamp Thing can fly through space and survive in it

What does this have to do with the post I responded to?

BullwinkleMoose
Considering that Swamp Thing can basically regenerate instantaneously the plants would not die before he could regenerate from them. He could even regrow from the plants in Hulks stomach if he desired which is even worse probably for Hulk.

If anything destroying the Earth/Battlefield is an advantage to Swamp Thing. If Swamp Thing destroyed the Earth he could literally do anything he wanted to Hulk while Hulk simply slowly floated around.

cdtm
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Unintentional spite. Sorry dude, but Hulk can't win this. Swampie is a plant elemental. It's next to impossible to beat him physically.

cdtm

Is the arena even destructible?

Even if it is, technically Hulk would be BFRing both of them..

cdtm

Swamp Things essence leaped between planets in Moores run. Destroying the Earth won't kill him.

the ninjak
Not that it matters.

I think I'd rather asphyxiate than drift through space endlessly. Which is what would likely happen to Hulk if he destroyed the Earth.

Can't he thunderclap his way to a planet?

Colossus-Big C
Can't he thunderclap his way to a planet? easily

zopzop
Originally posted by cdtm
Swamp Things essence leaped between planets in Moores run. Destroying the Earth won't kill him.

It doesn't have to kill him, he'd be BFRed LIGHT YEARS away from the battle field. And if they took the fight to another planet with plant life, Hulk destroys that too, repeat.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
easily facepalm

zopzop
Considering that Swamp Thing can basically regenerate instantaneously the plants would not die before he could regenerate from them. He could even regrow from the plants in Hulks stomach if he desired which is even worse probably for Hulk.

If anything destroying the Earth/Battlefield is an advantage to Swamp Thing. If Swamp Thing destroyed the Earth he could literally do anything he wanted to Hulk while Hulk simply slowly floated around.

So he regenerates from the plants in Hulk's stomach? Now what? Oh that's right, the Hulk's healing factor almost instantaneously heals any damage done. Next.

Ok so now Hulk's floating in space, what's ST gonna do? Hit him? And?

Cogito
easily

L2Physics.

It doesn't have to kill him, he'd be BFRed LIGHT YEARS away from the battle field. And if they took the fight to another planet with plant life, Hulk destroys that too, repeat.

This train of thought is stupid. The same argument can be made for Hulk vs. anyone capable of surviving in space. It's boring, and frankly uncreative. mad

SuperiorTech
easily

Lol you let them know big C you let these mother****ers know. Happy Dance

cdtm

The planet is the battlefield. Hulk destroys that, and he's effectively BFRing himself.

Bentley
it was in planet hulk. his blood seemingly fed this type of vine growth on the planet

True. ST has a good chance if he manipulates his flora and uses Hulk's regen factor against him.

cdtm
So he regenerates from the plants in Hulk's stomach? Now what? Oh that's right, the Hulk's healing factor almost instantaneously heals any damage done. Next.

Ok so now Hulk's floating in space, what's ST gonna do? Hit him? And?

Hulks regen seems taxed by all those spikes Skaar tossed into him.

Swamp Thing can cause comparable or greater damage.

zopzop
Originally posted by cdtm
Hulks regen seems taxed by all those spikes Skaar tossed into him.

Swamp Thing can cause comparable or greater damage.

Low showing? Gladiator burned a HOLE right through his chest and he healed. He's had claws jammed into his eyes and he healed. He was flayed almost to the bone by Vector and healed instantly. I could go on but you get the point.

zopzop
Originally posted by Cogito
L2Physics.

This train of thought is stupid. The same argument can be made for Hulk vs. anyone capable of surviving in space. It's boring, and frankly uncreative. mad

Its' not stupid it's true, boring like you say, but 100% true. Any world the fight takes place on can be annihilated by the Hulk. Ending the fight in a stalemate because Hulk would be adrift in space and ST would be light years away.

Cogito
Its' not stupid it's true, boring like you say, but 100% true. Any world the fight takes place on can be annihilated by the Hulk. Ending the fight in a stalemate because Hulk would be adrift in space and ST would be light years away.

It's stupid.

And the only reason you're arguing for it is because, apparently, you like being argumentative.

cdtm
Low showing? Gladiator burned a HOLE right through his chest and he healed. He's had claws jammed into his eyes and he healed. He was flayed almost to the bone by Vector and healed instantly. I could go on but you get the point.

None of those except Vector sound as bad as what Skaar did, though..

But as high as Hulks regen is, on average it has limits.. Otherwise, he'd be undefeatable.

And I can make the same arguments for a character like Superman, who's survived things like Mongul and Bizarro Superman ganging up on him without any viable damage whatsoever in Ending Battle, but I still think he can be beaten down..

Uriel005
ST is still beyond most skyfathers even when he is considered just a "plant" elemental... Outside of his higher end levels he's still shown himself to be able to do at least basic soul manips which i don't see hulk having any defense against unless he's got some old power mojo floating around that says its not going to work. Also I think a lot of people are underestimating swamp things strength. I mean tooling a near berserk superman is nothing to sneeze at and while I know people are going to argue Supes isn't as strong as current hulk the fact that ST made him look like an anemic baby is still deserving of full marks in the strength department in my book on top of his other strength feats. His regen is outright better and he can turn Hulk's biology against himself. I really don't see how Hulk can win as I don't see him being able to directly destroy all the micro organisms in his body ST could regen from.

cdtm
Originally posted by Uriel005
...and while I know people are going to argue Supes isn't as strong as current hulk...

I hope not.

Arguing current Hulk is stronger than Pre Crisis Superman is ridiculous..

zopzop
It's stupid.

And the only reason you're arguing for it is because, apparently, you like being argumentative.

Wrong. The only reason I'm arguing is because the recent Hulk issues make is clear he's a planet buster. He also has an insane healing factor as good as, if not better, than Wolverine's. He's also insanely resistant to TP attacks. Add those together and you have someone that's very hard to kill and nearly unbeatable by anything less than a competent Trans Tier (leaving aside BFR options).

The best ST can hope for is a stalemate. Nothing more.

Cogito
Wrong. The only reason I'm arguing is because the recent Hulk issues make is clear he's a planet buster. He also has an insane healing factor as good as, if not better, than Wolverine's. He's also insanely resistant to TP attacks. Add those together and you have someone that's very hard to kill and nearly unbeatable by anything less than a competent Trans Tier (leaving aside BFR options).

The best ST can hope for is a stalemate. Nothing more.

ST is, at worst, "competent Trans Tier"

zopzop
ST is, at worst, "competent Trans Tier"

Oy! mad

Bentley
ST beats him silly, Hulk cannot really defeat ST and he's being outlasted here.

dmills
Can't he thunderclap his way to a planet?

easily

facepalm

Psycho, if I could, I'd give you a sympathetic bro hug.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Bentley

pretty much, ST is on another level period.

Mindset
L2Physics.

What physics says he couldn't. Thunderclaps don't just create wind.

I mean, the likelihood of him find another planet is close to nill, but he'd be above to move with one.

BullwinkleMoose
Can anybody who is saying Hulk wins explain how Hulk defends against Swamp Thing Stealing his Soul or Shutting Down his mind and moving Hulk's consciousness into Limbo?

Uriel005
Can anybody who is saying Hulk wins explain how Hulk defends against Swamp Thing Stealing his Soul or Shutting Down his mind and moving Hulk's consciousness into Limbo? he can't like i said it would take someone putting in something like old power shennanigans to say it doesn't work.

jalek moye
no it's stupid hulk would not destroy Earth just to beat Swamp Thing, the planet where his family and friends all live along with millions of innocent people. Really just sounds like you don't want to say Hulk won't win so you say he breaks character and destroys the planet so that he is floating in space instead of losing.

Cogito
Originally posted by Mindset
What physics says he couldn't. Thunderclaps don't just create wind.

And what do thunderclaps produce that would help Hulk move in the vacuum of space, while following the laws of physics?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Lol you let them know big C you let these mother****ers know. Happy Dance laughing out loud

dmills
Now I've seen Hulk fans post some silly shyte before but never in my wildest dreams did I think "propelling himself through space with thunderclaps" would be one of them.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by jalek moye
no it's stupid hulk would not destroy Earth just to beat Swamp Thing, the planet where his family and friends all live along with millions of innocent people. Really just sounds like you don't want to say Hulk won't win so you say he breaks character and destroys the planet so that he is floating in space instead of losing.

No matter how uncontrolled Hulk gets he always ends up retaining himself thats what was stated to be doing all through WWH that's what he did in Vegas by turning into Banner before he took that step when he was in worldbreaker mode.

Even when he was in a situation where he could unleash himself he still asked Umar if they were any innocents in her realm.Hulk is not gonna destroy a planet just to beat someone under normal circumstances.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by dmills
Now I've seen Hulk fans post some silly shyte before but never in my wildest dreams did I think "propelling himself through space with thunderclaps" would be one of them.
Fans tend to resemble their characters.

In this case some of Hulk's fans are stuck in the Savage Hulk phase of debating. Just thrash about and hope your arguments knock the opponent down.

Endless Mike
ST

Uriel005
Originally posted by Endless Mike
ST indeed. 10/10 He'd spank him worse than Zeus would/did... 10x-15x worse just for good measure and lulz.

Golgo13
Current and Pre-Flashpoint ST wins.

DarkSaint85
Swamp thing controls the Green.

Hulk is green.

His only chance is to use his inhibitor control and make himself the weaker, grey Hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

His only chance is to use his inhibitor control and make himself the weaker, grey Hulk.

thumb up

Glad you finally realized the truth.

heisetx
Good fight here..... swamp thing was like the creature from the black lagoon.

Hulk snaps his shit up anyway

Hulk free....

Time Immemorial
Hulk will outlast him and rip him in half.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Hulk will outlast him and rip him in half.

What effect will ripping Swamp Thing in half have?

The Hulk has flora. Swamp Thing wins.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

The Hulk has flora. Swamp Thing wins.

Oh wait, swamp is an elemental, you are right.

Astor Ebligis

Badabing
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

The Hulk has flora. Swamp Thing wins. What did you say? I don't understand Assonese! sneer

Hulk is greener. Hulk is stronger. Hulk hate Salad Man. Hulk win! durhulk

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Badabing
What did you say? I don't understand Assonese! sneer

Hulk is greener. Hulk is stronger. Hulk hate Salad Man. Hulk win! durhulk

Swamp Thing KILLS the Hulk.

SWAMP THING KILLS ALL RAPTORS!

Do you understand now abomination? cool

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Bentley

ST just eats him, like he did to Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.