The Iran War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
The Iraq Iran war, is coming soon... and it's the same as before.

1-eyuFBrWHs

Lets not forget, Dick Cheney of all people wants a war with Iran. AND the Secratary of Defense is a former CIA director during the George H. W. Bush administration...another former CIA director. And remember, the CIA told us there was absolute evidence of WMD and links with AlQaeda in Iraq...and now Iran!

The question is, when? This year? Next year? When Hillary's president?

inimalist
are you saying that the current state of Iran is equivellent in any way to the state of Iraq in 2003 pre invasion?

jaden101
highly unlikely...Iran has perhaps the most pro-US populations in the middle east in terms of itss younger generations. it is highly unlikely to start a military campaign for that reason...not to mention the fact that the US military is already at the point of being stretched to a ridiculously thin level that there is no way another front is feasible.

while i believe from what friends have told me who are serving in Iraq. i DO think that elements within Iran are supplying and aiding insurrgents in Iraq that is attributing to the deaths of ally troops. is is this in itself a justification?...or is it merely factions within Iran rather then a policy set down by the government

lord xyz
Originally posted by inimalist
are you saying that the current state of Iran is equivellent in any way to the state of Iraq in 2003 pre invasion? No, that the US will invade is repeating Iraq.

chillmeistergen
I've never seen a post of yours, that hasn't been edited.

Bicnarok

lord xyz
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I've never seen a post of yours, that hasn't been edited. Are you talking about me? Because if you are, the post above yours isn't edited.

ragesRemorse
The American military doesnt have the resources to engage in such a grand war. The Army struggles with keeping enough troops rooted in Iraq. Congress as a majority highly opposes any military confrontation with Iran at this point. Although, im sure America will be at war with Iran one day. unless, America Is directly attacked bt Iran, this war is far off.

With that said, certain presidential candidates have obligations and persoanl interests with Israel. Look out for these candidates being elected and a draft as warning signs.

Schecter
Originally posted by lord xyz
Are you talking about me? Because if you are, the post above yours isn't edited.

yes it is, as well as this quoted post.

however it says it was edited on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00 AM.
whats really weird is it only happens with your posts.

Bardock42
Because he wrote it in his signature, you morons.

Robtard
"Check out the big brain on Brad."

As far as the Iran war, I don't think it'll happen in a conventional means, sure, there might be a few missiles launched to take out Iran's (supposed) nuclear plants, maybe a few covert operations here and there, Israel might take an active role, but America won't be going in on another war like Iraq.

Devil King
Originally posted by jaden101
highly unlikely...Iran has perhaps the most pro-US populations in the middle east in terms of itss younger generations.

Given the logic displayed by the military industrial complex, I wouldn't call that a reason not to invade; rather a major reason to invade. At the end of the first Gulf war, the US didn't invade Bahgdad because they felt that Saddam was a figure of stability. Not too long after that, the Bush the First administration asked the people of Iraq to "stand up". (sounds familiar) But, the reason they didn't, was because the US left Saddam in power. They were scared of Saddam. The US would have poured weapons into teh country to aide any resistance (freedom) fighters. But, what good would guns have done against fear? So, as they stood up, we backed out. Flash forward to this war, the US invaded and toppled the regime. Okay, fine. That done, the people want us out.

In it's vast ignorance, this administration will justify invasion or military air strikes by flaunting the desire for freedom shared by the youth of Iran. Even a number of Democratic candidates have not ruled out the possiblity of air strikes against Iran.

And as happened with Iraq, the first American jackboot to hit the sand of Iran, given what they've seen us do to Iraq, the people of Iran will stand up...against us.

As Roosevelt said: "Freedom can not be bestowed, it must be acheived."

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Bardock42

Yeah, I know.

Bardock42
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Yeah, I know. hug

WrathfulDwarf
I'm still waiting for the draft that suppose to taken place in 2007-2008. So what happen?

botankus
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm still waiting for the draft that suppose to taken place in 2007-2008. So what happen?

According to Central Iintelligence, right now you're in the middle of a minefield.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by botankus
According to Central Iintelligence, right now you're in the middle of a minefield.

laughing out loud

Props to you. That's a good one.

Shakyamunison
The Iraq Iran war, is coming soon... and it's the same as before...

No, the Iran war started in 1979.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Devil King

And as happened with Iraq, the first American jackboot to hit the sand of Iran, given what they've seen us do to Iraq, the people of Iran will stand up...against us.

Now imagine the hell on the homefront that would cause. Even if the govt. found a legitimate reason to invade Iran, the American people wouldn't buy it because they were so alienated by bullshit reasons for this one.

Devil King
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Now imagine the hell on the homefront that would cause. Even if the govt. found a legitimate reason to invade Iran, the American people wouldn't buy it because they were so alienated by bullshit reasons for this one.

I agree with you. But, look at the outrage we have over the invasion of Iraq, and it's subsequent fall out? It seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Even Hillary and Obama have said they doubt they could pull us out of Iraq by 2012.

lord xyz
Now imagine the hell on the homefront that would cause. Even if the govt. found a legitimate reason to invade Iran, the American people wouldn't buy it because they were so alienated by bullshit reasons for this one. Even though Bush won in 04...sad

Originally posted by Devil King
I agree with you. But, look at the outrage we have over the invasion of Iraq, and it's subsequent fall out? It seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Even Hillary and Obama have said they doubt they could pull us out of Iraq by 2012. I know Hillary said something about that. Not sure about Obama.

Quiero Mota
Even though Bush won in 04...sad

What are you getting at?

Devil King
I know Hillary said something about that. Not sure about Obama.

I recall it as one of those "Raise your hand if..." questions, with Hillary citing 2012 as an impossiblity. I could be mistaken though.

lord xyz
What are you getting at? You said "the American people wouldn't buy it because they were so alienated by bullshit reasons for this one." He won in 04, pretty much says it all for the Americans.

Röland
You said "the American people wouldn't buy it because they were so alienated by bullshit reasons for this one." He won in 04, pretty much says it all for the Americans.

A lot changes in 3 years.

WrathfulDwarf
You said "the American people wouldn't buy it because they were so alienated by bullshit reasons for this one." He won in 04, pretty much says it all for the Americans.

Oh, heck I voted for the man just piss off all the angry bush haters who wouldn't shut up. Heck! If I can do it again I'll vote for the man again just to piss them off even more.

Tptmanno1
Worked out great for everyone didn't it WD?

WrathfulDwarf
No matter what we do in life... can't please everyone. Unless you're a great Cook. You always get a good meal.

Bardock42
Oh, heck I voted for the man just piss off all the angry bush haters who wouldn't shut up. Heck! If I can do it again I'll vote for the man again just to piss them off even more. That's the most stupid thing I ever heard.

To think that might be one of the major reason why you have a retarded ape in the White House now gives every human in the world the justifiable right to hate America (not all Americans, but the country that made that possible). If you excuse me, I am disgusted, I need to take a shower and wash of sharing the same species with a person that would do such a thing.

Robtard
Oh, heck I voted for the man just piss off all the angry bush haters who wouldn't shut up. Heck! If I can do it again I'll vote for the man again just to piss them off even more.

Choosing between Kerry or Bush in 04', was like choosing which retard you'd want to be your heart surgeon. But choosing merely on the grounds of, "it'll piss these people off", isn't a wise political strategy. Just saying.

WrathfulDwarf
That's the most stupid thing I ever heard.

To think that might be one of the major reason why you have a retarded ape in the White House now gives every human in the world the justifiable right to hate America (not all Americans, but the country that made that possible). If you excuse me, I am disgusted, I need to take a shower and wash of sharing the same species with a person that would do such a thing.

I sense a nasty superiority complex coming from you.

Wash your dick.

Bardock42
I sense a nasty superiority complex coming from you.

Wash your dick. As if that was news to anyone. Hehe.

WrathfulDwarf
As if that was news to anyone. Hehe.

You do have one...right?

Bardock42
You do have one...right? Check on penis and superiority complex.

Though, I must say, I believe the superiority complex is generally justified.

WrathfulDwarf
Check on penis....

I was talking about your superiority complex NOT your pee-pee!

PERVERT!

Bardock42
I was talking about your superiority complex NOT your pee-pee!

PERVERT! In the last post maybe, in the one before you were all over my dick.

...d-didn't phrase that right.

WrathfulDwarf
In the last post maybe, in the one before you were all over my dick.

...d-didn't phrase that right.

I was talking about your friend...eh,..umh...Your friend DICK! Yes, that's what it was...not Penis...ehhh, DICK! Yes!

You awful pervert! How dare you come here and do this in a PG13 forum.

(hint: I also have a superiorty complex....hehehe)

botankus
EDIT - Unlike all the other posts in this thread, my post didn't make sense.

Bicnarok

Oh Yeh, laughing laughing

This threads leading off topic a bit, all this "dick" talk.

Lets concentrate on some details.

# How big is Iran and how treacherous is the terrain?
# How big, advanced and effective are their armed forces?
# How much support is there for the government in charge, is there a lot of hatred/ fear like there was against Saddam?
# What potential allies have Iran got who might help in some way?

When you think about these questions it becomes even more likely that Iran will be attacked imo.

Mind you the Bush lunacy factor and Israels influence & possible action against Nuclear installations must also be considered.

lord xyz
Oh, heck I voted for the man just piss off all the angry bush haters who wouldn't shut up. Heck! If I can do it again I'll vote for the man again just to piss them off even more. You'd willingly destroy the world, just to piss people off? You BETTER not be from Ohio.

Originally posted by Robtard
Choosing between Kerry or Bush in 04', was like choosing which retard you'd want to be your heart surgeon. But choosing merely on the grounds of, "it'll piss these people off", isn't a wise political strategy. Just saying. Kerry is a saint compared to Bush. Compared to most republicans. Bush himself called him the number one liberal in the senate. Infact, every claim against Kerry was bullshit. That's all they ever do.

Originally posted by Bicnarok
Oh Yeh, laughing laughing

This threads leading off topic a bit, all this "dick" talk.

Lets concentrate on some details.

# How big is Iran and how treacherous is the terrain?
# How big, advanced and effective are their armed forces?
# How much support is there for the government in charge, is there a lot of hatred/ fear like there was against Saddam?
# What potential allies have Iran got who might help in some way?

When you think about these questions it becomes even more likely that Iran will be attacked imo.

Mind you the Bush lunacy factor and Israels influence & possible action against Nuclear installations must also be considered. I think there will be a war in Iran. By the fact that it's the US baby. They love wars.

lord xyz
e d i t e d

WrathfulDwarf
You'd willingly destroy the world, just to piss people off? You BETTER not be from Ohio.

Whoever said I was a good guy? evil face

lord xyz
Whoever said I was a good guy? evil face It's assumed, by the fact that you're a moderator...and old.

WrathfulDwarf
It's assumed, by the fact that you're a moderator...and old.

That's my alter ego...my good sir. 313

(Okay, you're right...is not fair to threat your thread like this...sorry. Please continue..)

lord xyz
That's my alter ego...my good sir. 313

(Okay, you're right...is not fair to threat your thread like this...sorry. Please continue..) Meh. The thread is not what I hoped it would be: A discussion of the problems with Iran and whether it's actually true. I'd be just as satisfied if I bitched to people at how aweful Bush is.

grey fox
Feh, by the time the US is finally gearing up to head out to Iran somebody would of cracked the 'Super-Soldier' genome.

Captain Propaganda will be kicking cars around and someone will drop the bomb, also zombies will be involved. Why ? I don't know, but they'll be radioactive. So who cares ?

Robtard
I think there will be a war in Iran. By the fact that it's the US baby. They love wars.

You must have missed it above, but technically, America has been at war with Iran since 1979, yeah, it hasn't been an active full out war, but a concession has never really been drawn.

Regardless though, it's very unlikely that America will do to Iran what's being done in Iraq right now. Bush, or no Bush.

lord xyz
You must have missed it above, but technically, America has been at war with Iran since 1979, yeah, it hasn't been an active full out war, but a concession has never really been drawn.

Regardless though, it's very unlikely that America will do to Iran what's being done in Iraq right now. Bush, or no Bush. I read it. Didn't understand it, so I forgot it. big grin

Seems a lot of things happened in '79. Damn Carter. Oh well, Reagan was worse.

Mark Question
They've been planting that seed for awhile now.

Quiero Mota
I read it. Didn't understand it, so I forgot it. big grin

How was Reagan worse in regards to Iran?

lord xyz
How was Reagan worse in regards to Iran? He gave both Iran and Iraq weapons to fight eachother.

Quiero Mota
True, so is that a reason Iran is sore at the US? Because they were given something?

lord xyz
True, so is that a reason Iran is sore at the US? Because they were given something? No. Remember, they gave Iraq weapons to fight the Iranians aswell. Maybe you thought that was irrelevant.

Quiero Mota
Good point. But I think their hatred goes deeper than just gun-peddling to both sides.

lord xyz
Shall we go into the whole religion thing?

Robtard
I read it. Didn't understand it, so I forgot it. big grin

The whole pro-America Shah being overthrown, Ayatollah Khomeini declaring America Western infidels etc. etc. etc.

Hardly... history paints "The Gipper", in a much better light than "Mr. Peanut".

lil bitchiness
He gave both Iran and Iraq weapons to fight eachother.

Germany did that too. They gave chemicals to Iraqis and Iranians to poison and kill each other then shipped them to Germany for treatment. Suspicious...hmmm, I think so.

It would be a stupid move to go into Iran. America has had its fingers i Iran for a long time.
Didn't Eisenhower orchester an overthrow of DEMOCRATICALLY elected prime minister in 1930s? Yes, yes it has.

Iranian population is Pro-Persian, Anti-Theological. And it has not forgotten the foul play by the British, either.

Ahmadinejad is a moron, (who by the way never went out of Iran before becoming a president) but then again, Bush is too.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Iranian population is Pro-Persian, Anti-Theological.

What the f**k?....So....then why is it under Sharia?

Ahmadinejad is a moron, (who by the way never went out of Iran before becoming a president) but then again, Bush is too.

Yeah, but at least Bush had been out of the country and knows/believes that the Holocaust happened.

lil bitchiness
What the f**k?....So....then why is it under Sharia?

Yeah, but at least Bush had been out of the country and knows/believes that the Holocaust happened.

I can't actually believe you asked that. This demonstrates more than your complete lack of knowledge of how Iran become Islamic 'Republic'.

Not that such should surprise me...

Bardock42
I can't actually believe you asked that. This demonstrates more than your complete lack of knowledge of how Iran become Islamic 'Republic'.

Not that such should surprise me... Yeah, see, usually when asked something one replies instead of insulting the other person...some find that is trolling, etc.

lord xyz
Germany did that too. They gave chemicals to Iraqis and Iranians to poison and kill each other then shipped them to Germany for treatment. Suspicious...hmmm, I think so.

It would be a stupid move to go into Iran. America has had its fingers i Iran for a long time.
Didn't Eisenhower orchester an overthrow of DEMOCRATICALLY elected prime minister in 1930s? Yes, yes it has.

Iranian population is Pro-Persian, Anti-Theological. And it has not forgotten the foul play by the British, either.

Ahmadinejad is a moron, (who by the way never went out of Iran before becoming a president) but then again, Bush is too. 1953, he overthrew a Prime Minister and installed a dictator. Sounds retarded, doesn't it?

As for Germany, I have no idea about that.

Bicnarok
Maybe the US is stilled annoyed after their bodged hostage rescue attempt "Operation Eagle Claw", that was rathr embaracing.

I wonder why Iran didn´t remain Persia, that was a cool name.

Robtard

Not that such should surprise me...

One of the reasons the Iranian (Islamic) Revolution occurred, was because the Shah was distancing the country from Islamic traditions (Shi'a) with his pro-Western ways. So not sure how that revolution could have happened and been successful, if the Iranian people (at least a substantial percentage) are/were not religious.

lord xyz
One of the reasons the Iranian (Islamic) Revolution occurred, was because the Shah was distancing the country from Islamic traditions (Shi'a) with his pro-Western ways. So not sure how that revolution could have happened and been successful, if the Iranian people (at least a substantial percentage) are/were not religious. Wasn't that revolution one of the reasons why Saddam invaded Iran aswell?

Robtard
Wasn't that revolution one of the reasons why Saddam invaded Iran aswell?

(Unofficially) America was the reason why Saddam went to war with Iran. But yes, apparently Saddam feared Shi'a influence from Iran and there were border disputes.

It started in 1980, not long after Khomeini took control if Iran, it became an Islamic Republic and America (the West) was declared a Great Satan. Coincidence?

lord xyz
(Unofficially) America was the reason why Saddam went to war with Iran. But yes, apparently Saddam feared Shi'a influence from Iran and there were border disputes.

It started in 1980, not long after Khomeini took control if Iran, it became an Islamic Republic and America (the West) was declared a Great Satan. Coincidence? Not really. Khomeini and Saddm both got in to power in '79. Also at the time when the US got their watch on both of them. Seems a little odd. Maybe there's a conspiracy story about this.

lord xyz
I just came across this. http://politics.propeller.com/story/2007/08/16/cheney-lieberman-and-iran-war-conspiracy

Lieberman (Wolfowitz) and Cheney were the main pushers behind the Iraq war aswell.

inimalist
Yes, it was America, and not the century long Shi'a/Sunni rivalry.

Actually, I think Khomeini made some remarks about Saddam being an infidel that made him upset.

lord xyz

Actually, I think Khomeini made some remarks about Saddam being an infidel that made him upset. lol

inimalist
lol

lol

its weird, for as much as we Westerners like to think we are the numero uno ememy of the Jihadists, most Sunnis would pass up a buss load of westerners to get at a Shi'a, or an Indian. LOL, that is, the radical ones at least.

Robtard

Actually, I think Khomeini made some remarks about Saddam being an infidel that made him upset.

America has a bad habit of backing people who evenually turn on them, Ho Chi Min worked with American intelligence in WW2 against the Japanese and was backed by the US until 1945.

Though as the stories go, Truman backstabbed Min when we did an about-face and supported the French in Indochina (Vietnam). Years alter, we did the same to the French with supporting Ngo Dinh Diem. After that, we back-stabbed Diem and basically let Min back into S. Vietnam.

lord xyz
lol

its weird, for as much as we Westerners like to think we are the numero uno ememy of the Jihadists, most Sunnis would pass up a buss load of westerners to get at a Shi'a, or an Indian. LOL, that is, the radical ones at least. "They hate us for our freedom." -- Dubya

America has a bad habit of backing people who evenually turn on them, Ho Chi Min worked with American intelligence in WW2 against the Japanese and was backed by the US until 1945.

Though as the stories go, Truman backstabbed Min when we did an about-face and supported the French in Indochina (Vietnam). Years alter, we did the same to the French with supporting Ngo Dinh Diem. After that, we back-stabbed Diem and basically let Min back into S. Vietnam. I don't like Truman. no expression

Robtard

I don't like Truman. no expression

Truman doesn't care.

lord xyz
Truman doesn't care. Didn't expect him to.

Bardock42

Maybe more like the bad habit to back people and then stab them in there.

Robtard
Maybe more like the bad habit to back people and then stab them in there.

If you had quoted me in full, you would have seen that I went there, German.

Bardock42
If you had quoted me in full, you would have seen that I went there, German. Yeah, see, not quoting you makes you look like the moron though.

Robtard
Yeah, see, not quoting you makes you look like the moron though.

At least you're honest about your malicious intents; that's admirable, Teuton.

lord xyz
This reminds me of Bowling for Columbine's brief history of the USA.

The one with "What a wonderful world" in the background.

KKMGirl
It's just a matter of time.

Sadako of Girth

Well wasn't his grandad a nazi moneyman...?
And yeah Ive heard about our (British) government's role in the Iran/Iraq side of things in the 80s.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well wasn't his grandad a nazi moneyman...?
And yeah Ive heard about our (British) government's role in the Iran/Iraq side of things in the 80s. Yes, his Grandad was. Same person appointed Nixon into politics. Former president Bush, the president's father, was Nixon's closest associate. He was also not allowed to run for president in 76. Yeah, a lot of bad stuff involving these people. I wonder why the Americans don't know this.

Sadako of Girth
Probably surpressed a lot so to not look silly when attacking individuals and countries for funding terrorism and war.

lord xyz
I'm surprised they could even think about votin for the Republican party after.

Except Ron Paul, we like him.

KingTech
I have strong feelings that America will surely invade on Iran.Because in the Middle East Iran is a big threat for Israel.America wants to see Israel ruling power in the Middle east.

Sadako of Girth
Do they have oil?

lord xyz
Originally posted by KingTech
I have strong feelings that America will surely invade on Iran.Because in the Middle East Iran is a big threat for Israel.America wants to see Israel ruling power in the Middle east. Very true and sad.

Faceman
The Iraq Iran war, is coming soon... and it's the same as before.

1-eyuFBrWHs

Lets not forget, Dick Cheney of all people wants a war with Iran. AND the Secratary of Defense is a former CIA director during the George H. W. Bush administration...another former CIA director. And remember, the CIA told us there was absolute evidence of WMD and links with AlQaeda in Iraq...and now Iran!

The question is, when? This year? Next year? When Hillary's president?

After seeing this documentary, and how American soldiers treat people in their own countries, I'm totally against all war. Unless America is being invaded , I don't think we should be messing with other countries.

Please if you have a weak stomach DO NOT VIEW THIS !!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5734551070026840153&q=redacted+duration%3Along&total=20&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Robtard
Originally posted by Faceman
After seeing this documentary, and how American soldiers treat people in their own countries, I'm totally against all war. Unless America is being invaded , I don't think we should be messing with other countries.

Please if you have a weak stomach DO NOT VIEW THIS !!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5734551070026840153&q=redacted+duration%3Along&total=20&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

With proper editing and selection, any view can be expressed. Just an FYI.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed. That "FYI" is solid.

Anything with a disclaimer at the beginning saying that the characters are entirely fictional isn't gonna go to well in the "acceptance of the very truth" way.

(Although they sure made sure that that disclaimer was entirely readable for like 1 whole second before "melting away" conveniently.)

With so much out there that is sickeningly true and self evident, this is redundant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.