Female MC's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vanice
Do you think there will be some balance in ho hop soon? There hardly exist any female mc's in US hip hop. Not that are big enough to be heard of in Sweden anyway. The UK hip hop scene is a little better, but still dominated by men. Why so?

Df02
please tell me ho hop is just a typo and not the actual name for female hip hop artists haha...

Cory Chaos
Two words. Jean Grae.

Mr.Biscuits
Originally posted by Cory Chaos
Two words. Jean Grae.
Her and Apani B are the only ones i find tolerable...

Healing Artisan
Lauren Hill and Jean Grae.

vanice
Originally posted by Df02
please tell me ho hop is just a typo and not the actual name for female hip hop artists haha...

lol yea it was a typo! sorry..

In the nineties there were a lot more female rappers on the scene like Queen Latifah, Salt-N-Pepa, Lil' Kim, Foxy brown.. Seems like they're long gone. I can only think if Missy Elliot now..

In the UK grime scene we have Shystie, Lady Sovereign and Lady Fury for example. None of them are great, but al least they are "proud women"

Cory Chaos
Originally posted by vanice
lol yea it was a typo! sorry..

In the nineties there were a lot more female rappers on the scene like Queen Latifah, Salt-N-Pepa, Lil' Kim, Foxy brown.. Seems like they're long gone. I can only think if Missy Elliot now..

Well, even now there's Rah Digga, too. Still somewhat underground, though.

Can't forget Boss, MC Lyte, Lady of Rage, and to an extent Yo Yo. She and K-Solo were a couple of the first cassette tapes I bought in the early 90's.

vanice
Ok nice. gotta check some of these out. Thx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.