Who can straight - up defeat/kill H/P Doomsday?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Rules:

The fight takes place on an indestructible flat plain extending infinitely in every direction. The gravity is the same as that on earth.

No BFR allowed.

No reality warpers.

Who can defeat and permanently kill H/P Doomsday?

IMO Saint of Killers could do it.

Avlon
Skeets....seriously though..

Is this for anyone under skyfather?

Endless Mike
Anyone is allowed as long as they follow the OP rules (I might add some new rules if someone finds a loophole though)

Shin_Nikkolas
I agree with SOK.

Also a well-fed Galactus.

Original Tyrant

Yuga Khan

And Mike, you might want to edit to specify no big cosmics and stuff. You don't want people saying LT or someone with the Infinity Gauntlet/Ultimante Nullifier.

Kento
Didn't even Imperiex fail to kill Doomsday for good since technically aren't H/P, Doomsday Wars, and the one who was killed by Imperiex the same one? Or did Doomsday get revived by somebody and didn't come back himself?

Endless Mike
I did say no reality warpers

Bransolute
Originally posted by Kento
Didn't even Imperiex fail to kill Doomsday for good since technically aren't H/P, Doomsday Wars, and the one who was killed by Imperiex the same one? Or did Doomsday get revived by somebody and didn't come back himself? He only fired one tiny blast at him...

Endless Mike
Didn't even Imperiex fail to kill Doomsday for good since technically aren't H/P, Doomsday Wars, and the one who was killed by Imperiex the same one? Or did Doomsday get revived by somebody and didn't come back himself?

Imperiex fired a blast at Doomsday, but it wasn't his full power. It turned Doomsday into a skeleton and I think Luthor had to help revive him. However I also think that version was weaker than H/P

Shin_Nikkolas
The Ultimate Nullifier has nothing to do with reality warping as far as I know.

Kento
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Imperiex fired a blast at Doomsday, but it wasn't his full power. It turned Doomsday into a skeleton and I think Luthor had to help revive him. However I also think that version was weaker than H/P Really? I thought they got him to stop teleporting to help him. Course I've just read a brief synopsis a long time ago and never the actual story but shouldn't they be the same if Doomsday Wars was H/P if that's true? Unless for story sake they made him weaker.

Originally posted by Bransolute
He only fired one tiny blast at him... Still did a better job at killing him than Superman, WaveRider, and Darkseid did if he is technically H/P..but I don't know if he is or not.

h1a8
No one can beat H/P DD without either BFR or his anti-dna virus that Imperiex used.

Ouallada
Edit.

Skyfathers should have enough in them to take this 10/10. It is a best of ten battle, not a one-off right?

Kutulu
Imperiex could easily do it with a single blast.

The Fury would also do it IMHO.

Bentley
A high level wizard and time travelers may be able to do it, unless of course you consider that reality warping.

Gecko4lif
Dr.strange could
High level magic users like dormammu could
Henshaw and sbp could

SuperiorTech
How would henshaw or sbp kill him?

llagrok
Mangog, Kurse, Thor w/power gem and/or warrior madness.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
How would henshaw or sbp kill him?
Henshaw would pwn the shit out hm

and spb could punch a hole another dimension and cosmic bfr him.

Possibly into the source it's self

Soljer
Originally posted by llagrok

Nah.

Erik-Lensherr

roll eyes (sarcastic)

:

Kutulu
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Henshaw would pwn the shit out hm

and spb could punch a hole another dimension and cosmic bfr him.

Possibly into the source it's self

The opening thread says no BFR.

Tell me how is Henshaw going to kill him?

Sundipped
Destroyer armor
Tyrant depowered

Soljer
Originally posted by Sundipped
Destroyer armor
Tyrant depowered

Both are unlikely.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Soljer
Both are unlikely.

This is the best I could come up with without getting into the abstracts and MCE's.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Takion
Current DS with the ALE
Odin NON jobbering
DC Odin
DC Ares
Onslaught
Walker
Element LAD/Prodigeny

kevdude
Imperiex pretty much killed him, only reason DD is around today is cause of Lex.. Izaya could do it too

Burning thought
Kain

h1a8
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Takion
Current DS with the ALE
Odin NON jobbering
DC Odin
DC Ares
Onslaught
Walker
Element LAD/Prodigeny

No offense, but how is an non-jobbering Odin going to permanent kill DD? Remember he is infinitely more durable than Thanos in energy projection. And DD's speed and relentlessness would be a serious threat to Odin instantly. I don't even think Odin would get a chance to think straight without some prep. Also what is DC Ares, Onslaught without reality warping powers , Walker (who is this?), and Element LAD going to do to something that both evolves on the fly and already resists high level matter transmutation as shown by the OE? Because they are not one-shotting him for sure.

Endless Mike
Walker is a powerful Skyfather, a respect thread for him is in my signature

UniOmni
Destroyer.

Odin(lol at nonjobbering.......) and lol at the goof who makes it seem like DD is gonna blitz Odin.

Lollerskates!

Zemo with moonstones.

Onimar Sym.

A few others.

h1a8
Originally posted by UniOmni
Destroyer.

Odin(lol at nonjobbering.......) and lol at the goof who makes it seem like DD is gonna blitz Odin.

Lollerskates!

Zemo with moonstones.

Onimar Sym.

A few others.

How can destroyer kill DD? I don't know who Lollerskates is.
So does Odin have faster reflexes than Superman, Wonder Woman, or Flash?

IMVLO (In my very logical opinion), no non-abstract being in the universe (except those of reality warping powers or Imperiex who already had knowledge of DD) can end H/P DD.

Ouallada
Originally posted by h1a8
How can destroyer kill DD? I don't know who Lollerskates is.

IMVLO (In my very logical opinion), no non-abstract being in the universe (except those of reality warping powers or Imperiex who already had knowledge of DD) can end H/P DD.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/twol84/lollerskates.gif

That's lollerskates. There's also roflcopter and lmaonade.

Burning thought
just wondering does this thing have a soul?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Burning thought
just wondering does this thing have a soul?

I don't think so. Only Doomsday Rex did.

Kutulu
Originally posted by UniOmni
Zemo with moonstones.

I think Zemo with moonstones would fall under reality warper, he was a real beast.

Burning thought

hmm why do you not think so, is there a diffrence between the two that would make it less likely this Doomsday does have a soul

Endless Mike
Yes, Doomsday Rex became fully sentient

Ouallada
You mean intelligent instead of sentient right? How does a lack of advanced intelligence equate to a lack of soul?

Erik-Lensherr

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1006/doomsdaysoulif0.th.png

Burning thought
ah so he does have the soul, excellent, okie

h1a8
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1006/doomsdaysoulif0.th.png

That contradicts him dying millions of times before without that suit and his spirit didn't escape. So either his spirit can't escape his body or he doesn't have one.
And isn't a spirit different than a soul?

Kento
Or it could just be that the ones who imprisoned him believed that and not proof that he really has a soul or anything.

Erik-Lensherr
If you don't know the context of the scan don't talk.

And no, it doesn't really contradict anything.

In this case it's the same.

Erik-Lensherr
Or it could just be that the ones who imprisoned him believed that and not proof that he really has a soul or anything.

laughing

Woah .. and I thought Hulk haters were grasping at straws.

Kento
laughing

Woah .. and I thought Hulk haters were grasping at straws. How does that prove he has a soul? Wasn't he chained and everything after Radiant or whoeever killed him? How would they know if he had a soul or not or that he'd come back alive. Why couldn't it just be a custom because he was pure evil?

Erik-Lensherr
You mean besides the fact that it's supposdley that way to stop his spirit (soul) from escaping in the afterlife?

erm

And .. ?

How would they know ? Your asking me how an incredibly advanced race with metahuman powers knows this ?

Wait .. I'll go ask them. no expression

Why wouldn't it be just a custom ? You mean besides the fact that the scan states that it was made so that his spirit (soul) wouldn't escape to the afterlife ?

h1a8
If you don't know the context of the scan don't talk.

And no, it doesn't really contradict anything.

In this case it's the same.
Context Fontext. Context has nothing to do with contradiction nor ignorance.
If it doesn't contradict anything then why hasn't DD's spirit escaped into the afterlife the millions of times he was kill before that suit was ever put on him? And why does DD always continue to come back to life even after the suit when his supposedly spirit has escaped already (like in the beginning of H/P)?

And to believe that there exists a case where a spirit is the same thing as a soul is just plain ignorance.

The distinction between soul and spirit became current in Judeo-Christian terminology. Unlike the concept of souls, which are by definition eternal and usually believed to preexist the body, a spirit develops and grows as an integral aspect of the living being.

tjcoady
eh hem. The Quiz beats him. and easily

xjustice69x

is this realy a question? hes a god!! a king of gods!! of course his reflexes are as fast or faster.
do u not remeber WW gets her abilitys from "gods"

Erik-Lensherr
What contradiction exactly ? Ignorance ? Funny.
Who says DD's spirit hasn't escaped into the afterlife every time he died and then returned when he was revived ?

You must have missed the question. Nobody asked what happens to Doomsday's soul when he dies. It was just asked if he has a soul at all, which the scan proves.

Ignorance ? Coming from you it's rather ironic.

Remember the fact that I said you must know the context in order to understand the scan ? This is one of those situations. Yet again, you define ignorance.

Is the word spirit mentioned in the same context with afterlife ? Yes. What goes in the afterlife after it dies in DC ? The soul.

You've got to have deduction capabilities to actually understand what the scan says which it seems you're lacking.

Horrificus
Destroyer could disintegrate him. Nothing left to revive.

Graviton could spread out DD's molecules, and keep him in a cloud-like state.

Susan Richards could instantaneously divide his body into a bunch of disconnected parts, each in their own force bubble.

High Evolutionary could "devolve" DD.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Horrificus
Destroyer could disintegrate him. Nothing left to revive.

Graviton could spread out DD's molecules, and keep him in a cloud-like state.

Susan Richards could instantaneously divide his body into a bunch of disconnected parts, each in their own force bubble.

High Evolutionary could "devolve" DD.

None of those work.

tjcoady
None of those work.

mine still does. the Quiz wins. and, again, EASILY.

Galan007
No one mentioned Extant?

Odd.. umm

tjcoady
so that's two characters who can beat H/P Doomsday. Extant, and, of course, the Quiz.

Galan007
Originally posted by tjcoady
so that's two characters who can beat H/P Doomsday. Extant, and, of course, the Quiz. There's more than two, but Extant could accomplish said task, rather easily -- mainly due to the fact that he controls the very force we saw 'kill' H/P DD in the first place, .

tjcoady
Originally posted by Galan007
There's more than two, but Extant could accomplish said task, rather easily -- mainly due to the fact that he controls the very force we saw 'kill' H/P DD in the first place, .

obviously there's more than two. I meant mentioned so far.

and my contribution beats him because Doomsday is not going to think of the power "ability to kill unkillable Kryptonian beasts" before she zaps him with it.

h1a8
What contradiction exactly ? Ignorance ? Funny.
Who says DD's spirit hasn't escaped into the afterlife every time he died and then returned when he was revived ?

You must have missed the question. Nobody asked what happens to Doomsday's soul when he dies. It was just asked if he has a soul at all, which the scan proves.

Ignorance ? Coming from you it's rather ironic.

Remember the fact that I said you must know the context in order to understand the scan ? This is one of those situations. Yet again, you define ignorance.

Is the word spirit mentioned in the same context with afterlife ? Yes. What goes in the afterlife after it dies in DC ? The soul.

You've got to have deduction capabilities to actually understand what the scan says which it seems you're lacking.

If DD's spirit escaped into the afterlife and then returned then why would someone prevent it from leaving in the first place? Both the spirit and the soul can go into the afterlife. And again, context has nothing to do with the truth of things. It is important here to make the distinction between spirit and soul. This is because some entities in comics can capture the soul and we need to know for certain for debate. Now in Christianity, the belief is that one's soul can go to hell but their spirit dies. Or one's soul can go to heaven and their spirit lives with it. There are other several important distinctions between spirit and soul.

With that said, It is reasonable that the writers of that scan think that a spirit is the same as a soul (shame on them if that is the case). But it is not known for sure whether this is the case. And if they did, then the scan still doesn't prove that DD has a soul.
This is because the one's who suited DD in order to prevent his spirit from escaping probably didn't know if he had a spirit or not. They could have been doing this just in case. The scan only shows their intentions and not necessarily the full truth of things. For example, I can wrap a dead dog up in cloth to try to prevent his spirit from escaping. But he might not have a spirit. Yet a comic scan would say the same thing about what I did.

Erik-Lensherr
If DD's spirit escaped into the afterlife and then returned then why would someone prevent it from leaving in the first place? Both the spirit and the soul can go into the afterlife. And again, context has nothing to do with the truth of things. It is important here to make the distinction between spirit and soul. This is because some entities in comics can capture the soul and we need to know for certain for debate. Now in Christianity, the belief is that one's soul can go to hell but their spirit dies. Or one's soul can go to heaven and their spirit lives with it. There are other several important distinctions between spirit and soul.

With that said, It is reasonable that the writers of that scan think that a spirit is the same as a soul (shame on them if that is the case). But it is not known for sure whether this is the case. And if they did, then the scan still doesn't prove that DD has a soul.
This is because the one's who suited DD in order to prevent his spirit from escaping probably didn't know if he had a spirit or not. They could have been doing this just in case. The scan only shows their intentions and not necessarily the full truth of things. For example, I can wrap a dead dog up in cloth to try to prevent his spirit from escaping. But he might not have a spirit. Yet a comic scan would say the same thing about what I did.

What's the point in discussing whether DD's spirit (soul) escapes into the afterlife or not after he dies, when this is not the original question ? And I know all about the difference between spirit and soul but in comics in general, and in this example also, the writer reffers to them as being the same thing. So we are not talking religion's definition of spirit and soul, we are taking what's written in the comic where obviously, the 2 are the same.
If DD wouldn't have a soul then what would be the point of him being wrapped that way so that his soul wouldn't escape in the afterlife ? Do you have any evidence contradicting what the ones who wrapped him think ?
And why exactly wouldn't it have a soul really ? Because of its savegery and the fact that it's evil ? Especially considering that it's a form of life, so I don't see why it wouldn't have a soul.

richy531
Who could kill Doomsday
the same person who could kill Darkseid - ORION. That is all

h1a8
What's the point in discussing whether DD's spirit (soul) escapes into the afterlife or not after he dies, when this is not the original question ? And I know all about the difference between spirit and soul but in comics in general, and in this example also, the writer reffers to them as being the same thing. So we are not talking religion's definition of spirit and soul, we are taking what's written in the comic where obviously, the 2 are the same.

The point is to show a contradiction thus rendering the evidence void.
You must prove that the writer refers to them as being the same thing.
There is 0 evidence of that being the case. And know that comic definitions are the same as real life ones, otherwise we wouldn't know what the hell they are talking about. It is the job of the writers to convey what is meant by the comic in our own language.

My friend, I was never saying that DD doesn't have a soul. So I have nothing to prove. The burden of proof is not on me. I was just saying that the scan doesn't prove that DD has a soul. This is because the scan only tells of the intentions of the ones who wrapped DD and not necessarily the truth of things and plus the scan uses "spirit" instead of "soul". So since it is possible that the writer knew the difference between the two when he wrote, then it has to be proven whether the writer thinks a spirit is the same as a soul. There is no proof available. Thus DD doesn't necessarily have a soul.

Erik-Lensherr
Since the writer reffers to his spirit being stopped from escaping to the afterlife it's obvious that in this situation, soul and spirit are the same thing. Not to mention that I could point numerous examples proving that in many circumstances Soul = Spirit in comics but frankly, I'm not that interested in this subject to start pulling scans, especially since it's quite obvious that in the scan I just posted they are the same thing.

It can be understood just by reading the scan that spirit means soul, so I don't really see what's the problem here. And why would they have any intention of wrapping him up and stop his soul from escaping if he doesn't have one ? Does that sound logical ? No.

Horrificus
None of those work. why, genius?
What does he do with his entire body broken down, and held by gravity in a cloud of his own atoms that are unable to join together, or do ANYTHING?

What happens if his entire body is disintegrated? Destroyer has been able to disintegrate Uru.

If Susan holds his parts in force bubbles, do the parts grow whole new DD's? Or, is it over?

High Evolutionary has been able to devolve foes before. Unless it has happened to DD before, why wouldn't it work?

h1a8
Since the writer reffers to his spirit being stopped from escaping to the afterlife it's obvious that in this situation, soul and spirit are the same thing. Not to mention that I could point numerous examples proving that in many circumstances Soul = Spirit in comics but frankly, I'm not that interested in this subject to start pulling scans, especially since it's quite obvious that in the scan I just posted they are the same thing.

It can be understood just by reading the scan that spirit means soul, so I don't really see what's the problem here. And why would they have any intention of wrapping him up and stop his soul from escaping if he doesn't have one ? Does that sound logical ? No.

You are giving evidence and that is reasonable. But evidence don't equal proof. Now I can give evidence for the contrary (I already did). But again that evidence is not proof. Now again, I said that both soul and spirit can go into the afterlife. So using the word 'afterlife' doesn't prove that one has a soul. All writers are different. You must prove whether that writer is using spirit=soul. Lastly, you didn't rebutt the strongest part of my argument, which is the fact that the scan only shows the intentions of those who wrapped DD and not the necessary truth of things. For it doesn't show the writer's belief but of those who wrapped DD (which can be wrong).

batdude123
Originally posted by llagrok

I doubt it.

Seriously.

h1a8
IMO, there is absolutely no non-reality warper or non-abtract being (other than Imperiex) that can kill H/P doomsday. In theory, if one could one-shotted DD then they can kill him, otherwise he evolves or kills you before you can. But the problem is: I don't see anyone one-shotting him. Sorry.

llagrok
Originally posted by batdude123
I doubt it.

Seriously.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking.

batdude123
S'okay.

tjcoady
IMO, there is absolutely no non-reality warper or non-abtract being (other than Imperiex) that can kill H/P doomsday. In theory, if one could one-shotted DD then they can kill him, otherwise he evolves or kills you before you can. But the problem is: I don't see anyone one-shotting him. Sorry.

Not true. Once again:

Extant
The Quiz

Oh, and I hadn't thought about this, but the DC universe Echo could probably take him out too.

You just have to be creative.

Symmetric Chaos
Two H/P Doomsdays.

Erik-Lensherr
You are giving evidence and that is reasonable. But evidence don't equal proof. Now I can give evidence for the contrary (I already did). But again that evidence is not proof. Now again, I said that both soul and spirit can go into the afterlife. So using the word 'afterlife' doesn't prove that one has a soul. All writers are different. You must prove whether that writer is using spirit=soul. Lastly, you didn't rebutt the strongest part of my argument, which is the fact that the scan only shows the intentions of those who wrapped DD and not the necessary truth of things. For it doesn't show the writer's belief but of those who wrapped DD (which can be wrong).

We are running in circles and since I've already presented my evidence and explinations and counter arguments, and frankly, I'm not that interested in the subject, I'm going to stop the discussion smile

ragesRemorse
Lobo could do it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.