Strength levels with Superman and Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

B.A
Lets try to find out what is the strongest have done and has Hulk ever surpassed Superman. This is not a fight so don't bring up who would win in this thread.

So lets see some evidence then Hulk fans.

WrathfulDwarf
WWH scans in 3...2..1...

B.A
They are allowed and requested like Superman's.

Kutulu
Originally posted by B.A
They are allowed and requested like Superman's.

Hulk cannot fly, so you're setting this argument up with an automatic win for Superman since he was able to move Warworld through space with it's FTL engines pushing against him, after he sundipped.

It's called a straw man argument.

Laminator_X
Anybody at this level is not quantifiable in any meaningful way. They do things that would be impossible regardless of strength due to leverage and structural integrity issues. No one could lift a mountain as a mountain would collape under it's own weight if not supported evenly. (Mountain-sized spatulas notwithstanding)

Jon Byrne addressed this issue when he described many of Supermans feats as the product of tactile-kinesis.

B.A
Originally posted by Kutulu
Hulk cannot fly, so you're setting this argument up with an automatic win for Superman since he was able to move Warworld through space with it's FTL engines pushing against him, after he sundipped.

It's called a straw man argument.

Use what you have. Or if you can't ask them for some non flying ones or something.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Anybody at this level is not quantifiable in any meaningful way.

yes

If you want to try to accurately gauge strength levels beyond 100, you never will. Personal opinion, different writers, eras, interpretations, etc. It's all subjective.

B.A
TBH I don't think it takes Hulk all that long to surpass Superman. What are Superman's bests strength feats. Things hes done himself?

TricksterPriest
As kutulu said, Warworld is definitely up there. There's also the Mageddon wheel and planet moving feats.

B.A
Can anyone get scans of them please. I want to see these for myself.

DigiMark007
They're probably in his respect thread. You could go look for them...

...unless they aren;t. Then it's cool.

B.A
70 pages. no expression

He bores me to death and I have to look through 70 pages of it. no expression

laughing out loud

manjaro
when it comes to superman strentgh is subjective. cuz the only time he uses sheer brute strentgh is when his feet are planted on the ground but as soon as he's airborne he does the wrapping-of-the-psionic-field-around-the-objects thing. at that point its just sheer force of will. Byrne's superman said as much when he was just discovering his powers, while simultaneously lifting lex luthors personal cruise ship with absolutley no effort

also that mad scientist who created metallo, after he discovered his lab superman carved out about a 200 yard radius of earth around the building and lifted the entire land mass off into space rather effortlessly and put it in geo-synchronus orbit. and again he quipped to himself that objects he lifts off the ground feel like they weigh nothing(his own words)..which at the end of the day adds up to tactile telekinesis. meaning that it's hard to gauge superman's true strength...even post crisis. cuz tactile TK has to be factored in.

but as far as absolute strentgh feats it would have to be when he lent 1/3 the power needed to pull the moon out of orbit all the way to earth to ignite the Earths atmospehere to make the sight of fire paralyze the white martians, along with WW and kyle Rayner.... though the mass is claculated differently the moon weighs appprox 81 billion tons....so that means that for there to be a single mountain on earth that weighs 150 billion tons for the hulk to lift is utter and complete bullshit BTW, but hey who's checking wink

Kutulu

Soljer
Superman supported the moon on his own in the JLA Giant Size #3. smile.

Laminator_X
Something that's bugged me for 20 years: "tactile telekinesis" is an oxymoron. "Tele" means "at a distance." "Tactile psychokinesis" would be accurate.

Rorschach
Lunar gravity was nullified when Superman, Kyle, and Wonder Woman moved the moon.

And I don't remember the comic it self stating what the mass of the moon was.

Kutulu
Something that's bugged me for 20 years: "tactile telekinesis" is an oxymoron. "Tele" means "at a distance." "Tactile psychokinesis" would be accurate.

Tactile psychokinesis is too broad of a term though. Telekinesis refers specifically to moving things, whereas psychokinesis covers a whole range of abilities. So tacticle psychokinesis could classify heroes all the way from Kitty Pryde to Magneto.

Psychokinesis is the umbrella term under which are various related specialized abilities. These specialities include:

* Movement of matter (telekinesis; see below).

* Object deformation (including metal softening and bending).

* Influencing events.

* Biological healing.

* Teleportation (disappearing and reappearing elsewhere).

* Phasing through matter.

* Transmutation of matter.

* Shape-shifting.

* Energy shield (force field).

* Control of magnetism.

* Control of photons (light waves/particles).

* Thoughtform projection (a physically perceived person, animal, creature, object, ghostly entity, etc., created in the mind and projected into three-dimensional space and observable by others; for thought images allegedly placed on film.

Symmetric Chaos

It is at a distance. A very very short distance.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It is at a distance. A very very short distance.

Exactly. When Superman's TK can affect an entire planet, but he has to be touching it first, the other side of that planet is 8000 miles away but the mass is still being affected, but he has to be touching the ground first - he can't just sit up in space 8000 miles away and will it to move. So in effect it is covering a distance, just that the distance covered has to start at the point of origin of where the object is touched.

Laminator_X
"Tactile levitation" might me more specific than TPK. In fact, "levitation" is how the old OHATMUs described essentially this same ability when discussing the Eternals of Earth. However, nothing that requires physical contact should have the prefix "tele."

Why bend over backwards to justify poor word choice by John Byrne 20 years ago?

Symmetric Chaos
Why bend over backwards to justify poor word choice by John Byrne 20 years ago?

Because it takes less time than bending over backwards to justifty pointless nitpicking.

Laminator_X
Touche laughing

I confess to being something of a stickler for semantic acuracy.

starlock
how i see it is like this

Superman is stronger than the hulk at base levels

The hulk can get stronger than superman even if hes sundipped

lft4ded
Originally posted by manjaro
snipped
so that means that for there to be a single mountain on earth that weighs 150 billion tons for the hulk to lift is utter and complete bullshit BTW, but hey who's checking wink

That wasn't on the Secret Wars world?

manjaro
same ol same olbig grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.