Sidious, a Jedi Go Wrong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthBorgie
What exactly made Sidious turn to the dark side. A recent topic says that poorly trained jedi turn to the dark side. Was this the fate of palpatine/sidious?

JediOasis
That is an interesting twist that I have not heard. Most people believe that Palpatin just discovered the Sith teachings and learned from that, but how does one learn the Force from a book? The only problem is that the Jedi should recognize Palpatine seeing as how he is in the political arena for quite some time.

Gundark
Well maybe he did discover the teaching of the Sith, but maybe he just started out as power-hungry and the darkside recognized this and "took him" (for lack of a better term.) The darkside would seem to feed those who seek bigger and stronger power and pollute them in the process. In the ROTJ novel, in the throne room at the end, Vader is thinking "His boy was powerful, stronger than he'd imagined. And still pliable. Not lost yet--either to the sickening, weakly side of the Force, that had to beg for everything it received; or to the Emporer, who feared Luke with reason." To use the old quote to describe Sidious, "Power corrupts. And absolute power corrupts absolutely."

mechmoggy
Maybe he found his very own Exar Kun spirit type thing like Kyp did in Yavin 4's great temple?

finti
Sidious probably had his own master, but they didnt find the time right to reveal themselves, before Sidious became a master with his own apprentice.

DarthBorgie
But what happened to his master

finti
Guess he just died, or Palpy killed him to be sith master himself before his time was due to be so. I dont know just guessing. There is now doubt that Palpy must have had a master, sith`s just dont pop up out of nowhere.

phinney6
I think thAT HE WAS TRAINED BUY A MASTER OF SITH, BUT SIDIOUS WAS SO POWER HUNGRY HE KILLED HIS MASTER TO BECOME THE MASTER.

DarthBorgie
Isnt that what Finny just said?

Dim
How likely do you think it is that we'll find out more about Palpy's past in the next movie?

finti
And I belived I had a simple namesmile

JediOasis
I don't think we will find out anything about Palpatine's past in the prequels. Its the story of Anakin Skywalker, not Emperor Palpatine. Don't get me wrong, I would love to hear his story, but I don't think that Lucas will tell it. Maybe there will be a book eventually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.