Is Ben scary or something?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
I want to know why the Sand People are afraid of Ben in ANH and scatter.He is a old man and they don't know he is a Jedi.Do you think they had another encounter with him before and that's why they are intiminated by him?

Darth Daft
They are afraid of him because he makes the sound of a Krayt Dragon, one of the only things that Tusken Raiders are afraid of.

theEviljedi
Cool.Where did you hear that?

Darth Daft
It's on the Behind the Magic CD ROM and I think I've heard it in other places as well. It may even be written in the script, but I can't remember.
By the way, the Krayt Dragon is also the same thing as that skeleton that C-3PO walks past in the desert.

theEviljedi
Awesome.Where can I that CD?

Darth Daft
Moderator delete this.

Darth Daft
Moderator delete this.

theEviljedi
You double posted again.Anyway,do you need my e-mail address?

Darth Daft
I have absolutely no idea as I only got it in a local shop. But I can guarantee that it is heaven for any Star Wars fan. It is like the Episode 1 Insider's Guide CD ROM, except it is based on the OT. It has loads of info on the EU as well. It's awesome.

theEviljedi
Use the edit button to add on/edit your posts.

Darth Daft
geez, I sent it three times. Damn.

Darth Daft
This has now gone completely insane. Sorry for anyone reading through this. My fault. Everything has gone confusing. Anyway, EJ, as I was saying I might be able to send you a demo of BTM, if you give me your e-mail address and we sort something out. It is really cool.

theEviljedi
It's [email protected]

Darth Daft
thanx. I'll send you an e-mail as soon as I have some free time.

theEviljedi
What do you call right now?

Darth Daft
It's 1:36 AM. I need to go to bed soon. Don't have time to start typing e-mails.

theEviljedi
Darn.Your the only one here.

Darth Daft
Goodnight.

theEviljedi
Now I get to talk to myself again.sad

Gundark
EJ, what time zone is this ?

theEviljedi
I live in Louisiana and it is 9:30PM here.

Darth Daft
If this is a UK site then why isn't the time in English zone time?

theEviljedi
Maybe it's a different UK area.

Darth Daft
No UK only has one time zone. Besides, even if it did have more than one there wouldn't be, like 8 hours difference! Is it something like East American time zone?

theEviljedi
No.It says it is around 12:00 P.M. there when it is 8:15 P.M. here.

Darth Daft
But that must mean it's in Asia mustn't it? Or Australia maybe.

theEviljedi
I don't see why.Raz is from the UK.

Darth Daft
Strange. Well whatever the time is for, it certainly ain't England. Perhaps he just put in any old time or couldn't work out how to set it right. laughing out loud I know I wouldn't be able to work out something like that. But then, I'm not a professional webmaster.

Dim
It's set to the same time zone that Hawaii's in...which ever one that is..

Back on topic...I think Ben's made quite a rep for himself as being an old wizard...smile

Darth Daft
He lives on Tatooine. There's no one around for him to have a reputation for.

theEviljedi
What?I thought you were talking about Raz.laughing out loud

UnknownBountyHunter
You could e-mail him about that. However I think that the time is based on your time zone from your IP address.

theEviljedi
Well it is not in my time zone.

Darth Daft
Same here.

Gundark
I have no idea what time it is.

Darth Daft
I'm not sure what galaxy we're in either.

Gundark
When you're here, time is irrelevant. Right now its 9:35 PM here. TIME MARCHES ON !!!!!!!!

Darth Daft
Yeah and darn have we come off topic or what.

Hmmmm, what was it called again? Ah yes, "Is Ben scary or something?"
No EJ, I don't believe he is.

Gundark
Yes, wandered off the topic again. Anyway, I'm sure the Tuskens may get bold enough on occasion to approach Ben's house and he probably has performed some Jedi tricks on them to keep them away, especially at night when he's sleeping. So, in a way, while the Tuskens may not actually be scared of him, they may just be wary and test him once in a while.

Darth Daft
He certainly must have quite a large knowledge of them after what he says about them by the sandcrawler "Sand people always walk in single-file to hide their numbers." I think that during his time on Tatooine he might of spied on them to learn about them. After all, there wasn't much else to do there. It must of got pretty boring for the poor old guy.

Gundark
Actually, I've had another thought on this subject...Ben probably wanted not only the Tuskens but pretty much anybody else around there to stay away from him. "That wizard's just a crazy old man"...although we haven't seen it happen yet in ep2 and 3, Anakins downfall and ultimate fight with Obi-Wan would have changed Obi-Wan's life forever. Okay, first his master, Qui-Gon, dies. Then he takes Anakin as an apprentice who eventually turns against him and becomes the emporer's right hand. He also carries the knowledge of separating Luke and Leia and spiriting them away to different lives. He has a lot of baggage he's carrying around for YEARS, and all that time to constantly roll over in his mind, "what if I had done this, or what if I had done that???". His solitary existence on Tatooine is by his choice, alone with his thoughts, year after year. Put yourself in his shoes with all the horrible events he went through and think about it.

Sorry if this is a long post, but it's 6:02 a.m. here and my brain is gearing up. Scary, huh ? stick out tongue

Darth Daft
Don't worry.Much better than to make short pointless ones like I always do. So I'm trying to improve the length of mine now.
Anyway, yes I quite agree with you. That is an excellent point. Ben would be quite depressed in that sort of situation. It's a wonder he didn't commit suicide. I mean, like you said, he had a lot of responsibilities and failed to retain them, so he must have thought he was a complete failure as a Jedi. I reckon the only reason he stuck around was to see what was to become of Luke and Leia. And indeed he managed to sacrifice his life on the Deathstar to save Luke and the others, therefore redeeming himself and cancelling out all his small wrongs by making a large right.

Rogue Jedi
when ben walked up on the tuskens as luke lay passed out, the loud whooping sound you hear is ben imitating the call of a krayt dragon.

Rogue Jedi
i dont know why i posted that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.