Sidious vs Dooku, Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vader11
Not sure if this has been done before. This is ROTS Sidious vs ROTS Dooku and OT Vader.

1.)Saber
2.)Force
3.)All-out

-elmo118-
I voted for Sidious because I just think he is one bad ass character...

kamhal
1) Sidious
2) Sidious
3) Sidious

Conclusion: Sidious

((The_Anomaly))
Sidious. OT Vader is no match for Palpatine in any way, and Dooku while being close to Sidious in saber combat is far far behind in Force ability. Vader is dispatched quickly via force lightning and Dooku is beaten after.

vader11
I would say the saber fight would be close.

Man of Christ
vader would choke siddious which he could do without lifting a finger, and while siddious is in a choke hold, dooku could use his makashi to puree siddious.

kamhal
lol, vader would choke SIDIOUS? You must be kidding. Do you know that force attacks like force choke or force crush can be defended right? Just see how jedi master fay stopped Ventress' force crush. Now, in case you forgot, sidious is MUCH stronger then dooku and vader in the force, and when it comes to the lightsaber, he is the same man who killed 3 of the best jedi duelists ever in a matter of seconds and that was equal the yoda, the same yoda who beat dooku without a problem in Vjun even though he was empored by his dark side energy and made him run for his life in Genosis.

Gideon
1.) It depends on the circumstances and environment. Both Darth Vader and Count Dooku are highly proficient duelists and I'd imagine that both of them would complement each other well; Vader brings overwhelming strength and endurance to the team, and Count Dooku brings finesse, expertise, and experience as a fencer. On the other hand, Darth Sidious seems to be an overwhelming opponent in his own right, relying on demonic agility and speed to circumvent his opponents. I'd imagine, actually, that a "larger space" might be more beneficial for Dooku and Vader in a regard, since they'd have more space to operate and encircle Sidious. Two targets, forcing Sidious to choose, whereas we've seen what happens when Sidious engages in battle against more numerous foes in a closed environment. Individually, I'd say he could destroy either one of them, but the two working together (and fighting smart) might be able to defeat the Sith Lord.

2.) Sidious. Despite Vader's formidable powers (arguably in excess of Dooku's own), his robotic suit provides an uncompromising weakness. One gout of Force lightning would be sufficient enough to render Vader obsolete and submit him to a slow death, and should Vader find the endurance to fight back as he dies, I'm sure Sidious could submit him to further punishment to end his life indefinately. Likewise, Dooku simply does not have the power required to defeat his master. Not only is Sidious the stronger Force user by a terribly notable amount, Sidious also seems to be the "dirtier" fighter and would likely capitalize on an environmental advantage quicker than Dooku.

3.) Again, it depends on the environment. Sidious could isolate Dooku and focus on Vader -- who has the more apparent weakness (his suit). However, Vader does have his lightsaber to block Force lightning. Though, then again, Sidious (as we've seen with Yoda) is more than capable of obliterating the defenses afforded by a lightsaber. It all depends on if he can focus enough energy to disarm Vader (which is likely). He will then likely quickly overwhelm Count Dooku with superior combat skills.

vader11
To be fair, I think I shouldn't let Sidious to use lightning in these fights.

Se7in
Originally posted by Gideon
Both Darth Vader and Count Dooku are highly proficient duelists and I'd imagine that both of them would complement each other well; Vader brings overwhelming strength and endurance to the team, and Count Dooku brings finesse, expertise, and experience as a fencer.

I disagree. I think they use completely opposite styles, with Dooku attempting to bypass or outmaneuver the opponent, while Vader seeks to outright obliterate him.

Dooku uses a form which is referred to as the epitome of one-one-one saber combat. Having said that, Dooku has never fought alongside someone else in a duel against a common opponent, to our knowledge, so his lack of experience works against him.

Vader on the other hand, uses a form which uses broad, powerful swings to batter defenses. Unlike Dooku, he has experience in fighting in a pair, but contrary to this fact, is that we also see that Vader fights MUCH better on his own. His final fight with Dooku is a prime example of this. We notice that Anakin and Obi-Wan together are easily separated and fended off by Dooku. However, when Anakin comes alone, he manages to completely overwhelm Dooku, considering he doesn't have to take Obi-Wan's presence into consideration.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by kamhal
lol, vader would choke SIDIOUS? You must be kidding. Do you know that force attacks like force choke or force crush can be defended right? Just see how jedi master fay stopped Ventress' force crush. Now, in case you forgot, sidious is MUCH stronger then dooku and vader in the force, and when it comes to the lightsaber, he is the same man who killed 3 of the best jedi duelists ever in a matter of seconds and that was equal the yoda, the same yoda who beat dooku without a problem in Vjun even though he was empored by his dark side energy and made him run for his life in Genosis.

Seriously doubt it dude. Vader actually gets practice using the force because he was siddious' errand boy. so im giving the fore adeptness to vader. its obvious that tyraunus is a better duelist because he held his own against anakin and obi wan, and to some degree aainst yoda. siddious can duel for squat which is why you always see him needing to throw stuff. but even that wont save him because if you saw ANH, you would know how good vader is at throwing a series of heavy things, and if you saw how big that crane dooku tried to crush anakin and obiwan with you would get an assesment that he can throw things too.

in regards to saber combat, makashi offers percision while djem so offers brute power. siddious could not fend both off at the same time. he would be trying to find an angle in dooku's wonderful makashi, while getting sliced in the back by vader.

GahLakTus
Originally posted by Man of Christ
Seriously doubt it dude. Vader actually gets practice using the force because he was siddious' errand boy. so im giving the fore adeptness to vader. its obvious that tyraunus is a better duelist because he held his own against anakin and obi wan, and to some degree aainst yoda. siddious can duel for squat which is why you always see him needing to throw stuff. but even that wont save him because if you saw ANH, you would know how good vader is at throwing a series of heavy things, and if you saw how big that crane dooku tried to crush anakin and obiwan with you would get an assesment that he can throw things too.

You DO know anakin and vader are the same person right and despite fending off anakin and obi wan at the same time, anakin alone tooled and took a shit on dooku right?

Rampant ox
I dont recall Dooku getting shat on. no expression

Man of Christ
Originally posted by GahLakTus
You DO know anakin and vader are the same person right and despite fending off anakin and obi wan at the same time, anakin alone tooled and took a shit on dooku right?

1) watch your language and (2) your completely wrong in this matter, anakin got his arm chopped off by dooku , that wasnt a slaughter.

kamhal
Anakin got his arm chopped 3 years before, in AOTC. Yet, 3 years later during ROTS, anakin is much stronger and skilled then before. And the proof is the way how he beat dooku.

Anakin: "My powers have doubled since the last time we met count".

Man of Christ
Originally posted by kamhal
Anakin got his arm chopped 3 years before, in AOTC. Yet, 3 years later during ROTS, anakin is much stronger and skilled then before. And the proof is the way how he beat dooku.

Anakin: "My powers have doubled since the last time we met count".

so whats your over all point?

kamhal
You stated this

as an answer to this

and I was telling you that the first duel from anakin and dooku is no way to justify that anakin didn't do what he wanted from dooku since anakin was much more power in ROTS then in AOTC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.