Odin vs. Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
Odin is in top Shape
So is Galactus.

King Kandy
...You can't be serious.

id369

guy222
G FTW

Kutulu
Galactus for the win.

fatgogeta
Galactus eats Odin, Asgard and the Midgard Serpent just for the hel of it. Galactus 11/10 and thats not even possible.

Symmetric Chaos
Give me a feat from Galactus that Odin couldn't replicate.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Not a bad place to start if you're forming an argument. And I would side with you that people are grossly overstating the gap between the two. But I think anyone who is being honest with themselves will realize that trying to back Odin is just playing devil's advocate. I can't say I'm an expert on either, but I've seen enough of both to know their levels and I'd be shocked if a closer analysis proved me wrong.

Larceny
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Not a bad place to start if you're forming an argument. And I would side with you that people are grossly overstating the gap between the two. But I think anyone who is being honest with themselves will realize that trying to back Odin is just playing devil's advocate. I can't say I'm an expert on either, but I've seen enough of both to know their levels and I'd be shocked if a closer analysis proved me wrong.

Exactly. While Galactus is naturally the more powerful of the two, the two are peers in power. To my knowledge Galactus hasn't a single feat thats out of the all fathers range of power.

id369

My thoughts exactly. Granted that Galactus seems to have a key role greater then Odin as a Cosmic Entity. But both have shown (616), massive display of feats and powers.

Other then relying on the UN (which seems a bit obscure and will be ignored for the sake of the match). It does not seem to be a mismatch.

seaapple
Galactus is part of a universal trinity with death and eternity. Odin is ruler of...Asgard.

id369

lando005
big G is far beyond Odin in every way. They both have a huge scope of feats so naturally there is going to be some overlapping in feats they can preform when applying their power in different ways but Galactus does not have as many limitations on what he can do in comparison to Odin. Also lets talk output level for a moment. This is where the difference is clear.we've seen enough of Odin to estimate just how much power he can channel and put out however, we can not say the same for Galactus. In all the battles he's been in he's never been at "max" power, we've seen him at more or less his nominal average levels. Galactus has more power and a wider range of use Odin is out classed

Terryc250

Lots, heres a couple

When Galactus fought Tyrant, galaxies were exploding
Galactus creating heralds like SS
Eating worlds
much more but lazy to think

G ftw

The Great Galen
This is getting out of hand, comparing Odin with DS is one thing but to actually match Odin with Galactus is insane. Odin is not a peer to Galactus in snyone shape or form. This is sheer spite, the big G can easily eliminate the odin force from existence as he was doing with the phoenix force. Galuctus blinks Odin into oblivion.

guy222
Odin was said to be omnipotent. He has feats. Its a good match. Galactus should win

SwindlingSmurph
Give me a feat from Galactus that Odin couldn't replicate. Pulling off pink and purple armor and still remaining the popular kid on the block?

quanchi112
Galactus wins this all day.

janus77
lol,
didn't Surfer create a synthetic mjolnir type hammer that rivalled the odinforce effect of Thor's hammer?

also, as an indirect indication of their relative leagues, what did Thor's Godblast achieve? it halted Juggernaut. didn't destroy him, just halted him. something War Hulk's done, something WWH's done. a Surfer with support from Galactus would eat Juggernaut and shit him out on Cyttorak's doorstep.

I've yet to see anything from Odin that rivals empowering Tyrant, destroying and remaking the universe, creating and empowering The Ultimate Nullyfier...

and isn't it commonly accepted that Galactus > The Celestials.
and 1 Celestial >> ALL the Skyfathers?

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by guy222
Odin was said to be omnipotent.

no expression

Anyway, Galactus takes it.

lando005
odin is on par with depowered tyrant no where near big g's leauge

guy222
Originally posted by janus77
lol,
didn't Surfer create a synthetic mjolnir type hammer that rivalled the odinforce effect of Thor's hammer?

also, as an indirect indication of their relative leagues, what did Thor's Godblast achieve? it halted Juggernaut. didn't destroy him, just halted him. something War Hulk's done, something WWH's done. a Surfer with support from Galactus would eat Juggernaut and shit him out on Cyttorak's doorstep.

I've yet to see anything from Odin that rivals empowering Tyrant, destroying and remaking the universe, creating and empowering The Ultimate Nullyfier...

and isn't it commonly accepted that Galactus > The Celestials.
and 1 Celestial >> ALL the Skyfathers?

Celestials>Galactus yes

janus77
I thought it was the other way around, Galactus eating up all the Celestials when he ate the Universe?

SpiderGauntlet
Originally posted by guy222
Celestials>Galactus yes

Franklin evolved to become the new Galactus and killed various Celestials.

Galactus consumed one once.

Galactus ate a watcher which is supposed to be on par with a Celestial. This however was a What if?

Utrigita
Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet

Galactus ate a watcher which is supposed to be on par with a Celestial. This however was a What if?

Actually SpiderGauntlet Guy is right Galactus chances against the full power of the Celestial Race would IMO be very poor unless of cause he is at full power then he stomp them.

Oh Odin vs Galactus.... Galactus ftw.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Terryc250
Lots, heres a couple

Eating worlds

G ftw

All of those are well within the scope of Odin's feats and stated powers.

Obviously Galactus wins, but it's mainly because they have feats that are generally on par but Galactus is the one that actually gets noted as a peer by Abstract entities.

Utrigita
All of those are well within the scope of Odin's feats and stated powers.

Obviously Galactus wins, but it's mainly because they have feats that are generally on par but Galactus is the one that actually gets noted as a peer by Abstract entities.

wasn't odins destroying Galaxies feat retconned into him tapping into the power of infinity???

guy222
Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet

Earth X

Frankie is respected by the Celestials(Heroes Reborn)

Galactus tried to 'eat' Tiamut before

500,000 yrs later, Tiamut awakes and guess who fears the Dreaming Celestial

There's billions of Celestials and only one Galactus

guy222
Originally posted by Utrigita
wasn't odins destroying Galaxies feat retconned into him tapping into the power of infinity???

Silly retcons big grin

It was Hela's revenge against Odin

Doom and Gloom
A couple ways to look at it would be to compare the encounter each had with Thanos. Both got the better of Thanos (and Galactus was hungry) but Odin's fight with him was protracted and drawn out with no absolute victory. After Thanos basically sucker punched G, G quickly retaliated and had Thanos on his knees begging for mercy almost instantly.

G's power levels vary but there's plenty of evidence to suggest, based on statements made by both Eternity and the Watcher that at his upper power levels he's almost on par with Eternity himself and that definitly puts him way above The Celestials whom Odin is barly an annoyance to.

G wins this 10/10.

Larceny
Originally posted by Terryc250
Lots, heres a couple

Eating worlds

G ftw

When Odin fought Seth, the battle destroyed galaxies, and shook ever plain of existence.

Odin has created all of Asgard, and spawned Thor whom has repeatedly thumped Surfer.

Odin has created Galaxies/Star systems.
Much more

Much more, but to lazy to think.

Larceny
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
A couple ways to look at it would be to compare the encounter each had with Thanos. Both got the better of Thanos (and Galactus was hungry) but Odin's fight with him was protracted and drawn out with no absolute victory. After Thanos basically sucker punched G, G quickly retaliated and had Thanos on his knees begging for mercy almost instantly.

G's power levels vary but there's plenty of evidence to suggest, based on statements made by both Eternity and the Watcher that at his upper power levels he's almost on par with Eternity himself and that definitly puts him way above The Celestials whom Odin is barly an annoyance to.

G wins this 10/10.

Galactus has no feats that even put him in the same realm of power as Eternity.

Larceny

He wasn't taping into Infinity. An aspect of his mind called Infinity was consuming the Universe until Odin awoke and one-shotted it.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Larceny
Top shape galactus would be the one who ate the 616 universe...so yea he would have eternitys feats.

Larceny
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Top shape galactus would be the one who ate the 616 universe...so yea he would have eternitys feats.

Galactus has never eaten the 616 universe.....

vlaaad12345
Never said he did....thats what a top shape/full power galactus would be.

Jimmy-Chan
Galactus wins after a good fight. I think they're in the same ballpark, but seated in different rows. Galactus is significantly more powerful but Odin's close enough to make it a struggle.

Priest
They are defiantly closer in power than most people think. Galactus wins this, but saying 10/10 is just ridiculous. I can see Galactus taking 7.

Doom and Gloom

True. But both Eternity himself and Uatu have stated he has the potential.

Utrigita
He wasn't taping into Infinity. An aspect of his mind called Infinity was consuming the Universe until Odin awoke and one-shotted it.

So let me get this straight Odin defeats a aspect of his dark side that can destroy Galaxies and yet when he combines his power with Vishnu and Zeus both are said to be his equels they only produce enough force to blow a planet out of orbit What the f**k?

Also I think you are wrong He got a tiny part of that energy that was later used to create his dark Half from Infinity and in that way was capable of tapping into her power still a good feat just not entirely his own.

from immortalthor.net

Thor #184-188: Infinity's force perceived by Odin and inadvertently tapped, creating an astronomical manifestation extinguishing stars in Asgard dimension; Odin went to World Beyond to investigate it, became mentally unhinged while contemplating power, combined mystical might of Asgard directed by Thor prevented a permanent merging with Odin-like Infinity-manifestation

Utrigita

No but he was close to eating one in the Black Celestial act.

Utrigita
When Odin fought Seth, the battle destroyed galaxies, and shook ever plain of existence.

Same with Mephisto and Galactus and Galactus was hungry, again same situation with Tyrant multiply Galaxies destroyed Galactus was fed.

Odin has created all of Asgard, and spawned Thor whom has repeatedly thumped Surfer.

Galactus has created Taa II and created numerous Heralds where most of them would give Thor a pretty good Fight, Stardust just for one Morg for another.

Odin has created Galaxies/Star systems.
Much more

Great Galactus shatters them when he gets pissed and is low on energy, and vaporises watchers that is said to be above Odin, since they can actually if they wanted to compete with the Celestials.

Much more, but to lazy to think.

agreed.

Bransolute
Air Walker has punked Thor before... once in 616, and once in Heroes Reborn.

Of course, Thor later threw his hammer through Air Walker, but AW did KO him.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Bransolute
Air Walker has punked Thor before... once in 616, and once in Heroes Reborn.

Of course, Thor later threw his hammer through Air Walker, but AW did KO him.

and Airwalker isn't one of the most powerful Heralds Galactus has had at his disposal.

nvrbeenwthagirl
and Airwalker isn't one of the most powerful Heralds Galactus has had at his disposal.

Not even.

cmack
galactus at 100% is to much for odin

seaapple

Utrigita
Originally posted by seaapple
In this case yes. Their power levels, feats, and roles are correlated.

Galactus can make a herald to rival Thor in nearly an instant. The only way Odin can make a being of that power is to have sex with an Asgardian goddess and wait 9 months or so.

elder goddess she wasn't asgardien

Xplosive
No but he was close to eating one in the Black Celestial act.

But he didn't. And he wouldn't be able, since there are more powerful beings that would stop him. And he actually didn't succeed.

Anyway, both in top form, I think that Galactus should actually take this easily.

SuperiorTech
http://img160.imagevenue.com/loc996/th_55647_Thanos_0508_122_996lo.jpghttp://img186.imagevenue.com/loc4/th_55653_Thanos_0509_122_4lo.jpghttp://img37.imagevenue.com/loc1091/th_55668_Thanos_0510_122_1091lo.jpghttp://img43.imagevenue.com/loc850/th_55676_Thanos_0511_122_850lo.jpg

I think galactus would take it take everything thanos had to take one blast from galactus a second would have probably killed him and thanos was able to pretty much take everything odin had in there fight although i dont know how serious odin was when he fought thanos.

Kutulu
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
http://img160.imagevenue.com/loc996/th_55647_Thanos_0508_122_996lo.jpghttp://img186.imagevenue.com/loc4/th_55653_Thanos_0509_122_4lo.jpghttp://img37.imagevenue.com/loc1091/th_55668_Thanos_0510_122_1091lo.jpghttp://img43.imagevenue.com/loc850/th_55676_Thanos_0511_122_850lo.jpg

I think galactus would take it take everything thanos had to take one blast from galactus a second would have probably killed him and thanos was able to pretty much take everything odin had in there fight although i dont know how serious odin was when he fought thanos.

Odin was serious enough to pull out Gungir, which is uncommon for him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kutulu
Odin was serious enough to pull out Gungir, which is uncommon for him.

I would be too if I had to fight Thanos. Someone who had mucked with the universe enough times.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Xplosive
But he didn't. And he wouldn't be able, since there are more powerful beings that would stop him. And he actually didn't succeed.

Anyway, both in top form, I think that Galactus should actually take this easily.

Name a few beings that would stop him... and he didn't suceed because he agreed to use the UN on himself

Agreed

Utrigita
Originally posted by SuperiorTech

Also I believe Thanos never actually activated his shields in his fight Against Odin.

Space M ummy
Doom with the power cosmic has already beaten a full power Odin. Galactus himself would obliterate him.

This fight goes to Galactus, since it's already happened, in a sense.

Edit: I checked the appropriate scan in the respect thread, and it seems Doom also had a Cosmic Cube for that feat. I don't think its really all that relevant though, since the scan states that Doom used the power of the Cube to obtain the power of Galactus.

Clearly, that means that Galactus' power outclasses that of a cosmic cube (and thus odin, easily) by an order of magnitude, otherwise why bother draining galactus?

The Big G has also stalemated Agamatto in his own realm (remember, Agamatto is supreme in his own dimension), and the Inbetweener in an all out fight.

Odin with the combined power of all asgardians plus a portion of the power of every OTHER skyfather on earth at the time, IN the destroyer got one shotted by celestials.

Galactus is the stronger here.

Xplosive
Name a few beings that would stop him... and he didn't suceed because he agreed to use the UN on himself

Agreed

Phoenix Force alone if it would involve. Then you have powerful cosmic beings that with combined efforts could stop him, aslo if Phoenix wouldn't be in the group.

And also what means if Galactus wants to eat the Universe?. That means that he is so hungry, more hungry then ever, and hungrier he is, weaker he is.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Doom with the power cosmic has already beaten a full power Odin.

Wasn't that in a What If?

Utrigita
Phoenix Force alone if it would involve. Then you have powerful cosmic beings that with combined efforts could stop him, aslo if Phoenix wouldn't be in the group.

The Phoenix force wouldn't be capable of defeating the Galactus from the Black Celestial act, only the UN would do and a higher level cosmic group would be the one that fought Thanos with IG and each of them wouldn't be capable of standing against a blast from the IG hell even in a group they couldn't.

And also what means if Galactus wants to eat the Universe?. That means that he is so hungry, more hungry then ever, and hungrier he is, weaker he is.

Not correct in this case his Hunger was manipulated by the Black Celestial so that he couldn't no matter how much he absorbed feel the sensation of being fed.

credit to Galan for the scans

Originally posted by Galan007
Galactus has absorbed a UNIVERSE and if he would not have stopped himself with the UN he would have absorbed the MULTI-VERSE containing that Universe.

"If Galactus isn't stopped now, the ENTIRE UNIVERSE will PERISH"
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7531/5ep7.th.jpg

"the Fantastic Four are trying to stop Galactus from DESTROYING the UNIVERSE"
http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/6271/6db6.th.jpg

The Dreaming or (Black Celestial) was using GALACTUS to DESTROY ALL of Reality, to then CREATE a NEW ONE.

His (Galactus) appetite increased Geometrically, he would consume not only Planets, but the ENTIRE UNIVERSE"
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/1185/7ca3.th.jpg

Galactus's Power can obliterate the ENTIRE race of Celestials, DESTROY the UNIVERSE and CREATE a NEW one.

"and with the UNIVERSE DESTROYED, not even the Celestials will survive, the Black Celestial will become the NUCLEUS and FOUNDER of a NEW UNIVERSE"
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/7583/8qu3.th.jpg

"He will be a GOD"

"Galactus Himself is the WEAPON"
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3127/9te0.th.jpg

"The time will come soon when ALL the ENERGY in the UNIVERSE through out it's HISTORY will NOT be SUFFICIENT to feed him"
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/8093/10qt9.th.jpg

"Galactus who's busy wolfin' (eating) down ALL of TIME and SPACE"
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5524/11ms5.th.jpg

"Still the Giant doth continue to GROW"
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/8535/12ej8.th.jpg
"Eventually, Thor, He would SPAN the ENTIRE UNIVERSE"

So not only will he absorb the Universe but he will become as big as one.

Finally,

in order to stop himself from absorbing the UNIVERSE and EVERYTHING BEYOND

Galactus ERASES that UNIVERSE from existence

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1834/13vp5.th.jpg

"And without a sound, the UNIVERSE behind them softly and suddenly VANISHES AWAY"
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/858/14xo4.th.jpg

Credit to Mr M for the scans.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Wasn't that in a What If?

No it wasn't But I'm not sure if it was only the power of Galactus ore if the items he used to steal galactus power was added to the power from Galactus that Doom Absorbed.

Xplosive
The Phoenix force wouldn't be capable of defeating the Galactus from the Black Celestial act, only the UN would do and a higher level cosmic group would be the one that fought Thanos with IG and each of them wouldn't be capable of standing against a blast from the IG hell even in a group they couldn't.

As you can remember, Galactus wanted to absorb the Universe (so thus destroying it), Phoenix Force had no trouble destroying the Universe (and it actually did it, no one stopped it), while in Galactus case, F4 are the one who went to stop him.

And Galactus alone said the power source of Phoenix Force is greater than his own.
PF alone stops him.
And you have group of higher cosmic power that would stop him.

Space M ummy
No it wasn't But I'm not sure if it was only the power of Galactus ore if the items he used to steal galactus power was added to the power from Galactus that Doom Absorbed.

Doom had a cosmic cube, and the cosmic control rod as well. But that's irrelevant, since what he used those items for was to enable himself to drain the power of galactus.

If the power of the Cosmic Cube plus the Rod was greater than Galactus, or even really close then stealing galactus' power wouldn't have been necessary.

and as we've already seen, the power of ONE cosmic cube GREATLY outclasses anything Odin has at his disposal.

Utrigita
As you can remember, Galactus wanted to absorb the Universe (so thus destroying it), Phoenix Force had no trouble destroying the Universe (and it actually did it, no one stopped it), while in Galactus case, F4 are the one who went to stop him.

Maybe because with that one Universe she would stop Galactus on the other hand would continue to feast he would never stop.

And Galactus alone said the power source of Phoenix Force is greater than his own.

Thats because Galactus doesn't have the luxery of drawing countless energy from unborn generations but in the Black Celestial act he was devouring everything around him star planets time and space all was going down the drain, in that Version Phoenix attacks would only be like throwing candies inside a mount of a 300 kilo man and expecting him to get fed.

PF alone stops him.

I could actually turn it around where Was Phoenix when Galactus was eating that Universe??? The line of a plot friend

And you have group of higher cosmic power that would stop him.

Like LT... come on names please.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Doom had a cosmic cube, and the cosmic control rod as well. But that's irrelevant, since what he used those items for was to enable himself to drain the power of galactus.

If the power of the Cosmic Cube plus the Rod was greater than Galactus, or even really close then stealing galactus' power wouldn't have been necessary.

and as we've already seen, the power of ONE cosmic cube GREATLY outclasses anything Odin has at his disposal.

Easy I just said that it wasn't a what if and that I didn't knew if the other items was added to the power of Galactus. And I get the picture.

Utrigita
edit

Space M ummy
Easy I just said that it wasn't a what if and that I didn't knew if the other items was added to the power of Galactus. And I get the picture.

no worries. but..yeah. Odin's showings, even his high end ones don't really put him on Galactus' level. Hell, Odin isn't even truly immortal. he needs the apples plus the odinsleep to keep from dying of old age.

Galactus can render beings immortal (or at the very least as long lived as the surfer, or the fallen one who's a good deal older) just by saying so.

advantage: galactus

Xplosive
Maybe because with that one Universe she would stop Galactus on the other hand would continue to feast he would never stop.

PF destroyed easily Universe. We can assume as you assume for G, it could spread easily. Galactus didn't do anything.

Thats because Galactus doesn't have the luxery of drawing countless energy from unborn generations but in the Black Celestial act he was devouring everything around him star planets time and space all was going down the drain, in that Version Phoenix attacks would only be like throwing candies inside a mount of a 300 kilo man and expecting him to get fed.

smile
You are so sure on that, based on what. You answered yourself, ''Thats because Galactus doesn't have the luxery of drawing countless energy from unborn generations'', that makes PF more powerful entity.

I could actually turn it around where Was Phoenix when Galactus was eating that Universe??? The line of a plot friend

Do you know where it was? I don't? Maybe it didn't even care.
We also didn't see PF being destroyed by THOTU, while we saw hereos and other cosmic powerhouses. Where was the PF? I don't know. Do you?

Like LT... come on names please.

LT would have no trouble. Look, why to name them, because you know.
There are many cosmic powerhouses that with combined effort would stop Galactus.

Utrigita
PF destroyed easily Universe. We can assume as you assume for G, it could spread easily. Galactus didn't do anything.

Other then being a thread to the multiverse smile I don't think Phoenix have had that mark on her yet.

smile
You are so sure on that, based on what. You answered yourself, ''Thats because Galactus doesn't have the luxery of drawing countless energy from unborn generations'', that makes PF more powerful entity.

In a way it is true that she has access to a unlimeted source of energy that is saved for future generation but in theory here isn't a unlimeted number of indivudels in the next universe. Also I would say Galactus is a more powerful entity and you are forgetting why Galactus loses energy and what it is he is withstraying.

Do you know where it was? I don't? Maybe it didn't even care.
We also didn't see PF being destroyed by THOTU, while we saw hereos and other cosmic powerhouses. Where was the PF? I don't know. Do you?

that is the worst explination ever Xplosive, it is inlogical to assume that Phoenix didn't care about the IG ore the Hotu ore Galactus devouring a entire universe when we have seen the way she tries to stop the death of one universe I would say she didn't inteferer because she couldn't do anything about it same for the universe that was destroyed by Phoenix Galactus didn't inteferer because he couldn't stop her.

LT would have no trouble. Look, why to name them, because you know.
There are many cosmic powerhouses that with combined effort would stop Galactus.

Not the Black Celestial act Galactus which only the UN could stop how many beings is above the UN erm not many that would get themselves involved in any way.

Xplosive
In a way it is true that she has access to a unlimeted source of energy that is saved for future generation but in theory here isn't a unlimeted number of indivudels in the next universe. Also I would say Galactus is a more powerful entity and you are forgetting why Galactus loses energy and what it is he is withstraying.

You answered again ''you are forgetting why Galactus loses energy and what it is he is withstraying'', how can he be then a more powerful entity.
And the way he talked to Rachel, it was, like he new Phoenix is a more powerful being.
Ane twice he wasn't match for Rachel. And he said, her power source is greater

that is the worst explination ever Xplosive, it is inlogical to assume that Phoenix didn't care about the IG ore the Hotu ore Galactus devouring a entire universe when we have seen the way she tries to stop the death of one universe I would say she didn't inteferer because she couldn't do anything about it same for the universe that was destroyed by Phoenix Galactus didn't inteferer because he couldn't stop her.

No, how can you think that. She wasn't there, because she couldn't stop it. Wow.
But beings like Gladiator, Thor, Hulk,... and other super heroes , who are insignificant in power to the Phoenix Force, and cosmic beings that are not powerful like PF, fought against THOTU. smile

Utrigita
You answered again ''you are forgetting why Galactus loses energy and what it is he is withstraying'', how can he be then a more powerful entity.

Because if he didn't have to constantly Worry about Abraxas the entire Galactus idea would disappear but there you also have the reason why Galactus loses Energy Else his power levels would be never be decreasing.

And the way he talked to Rachel, it was, like he new Phoenix is a more powerful being.

I think Master has showed you that Jean=Rachel with the Phoenix Force, so I'm not going to do so again smile

Ane twice he wasn't match for Rachel. And he said, her power source is greater

Twice??? One time he was starving the second time she surrendered to him, whether she wanted to ore not she couldn't stop him from completing his task of erasing the Phoenix Force from Existence, then he would just have accomplished it himself without using the Technology which I hope you know is made to duplicate all Galactus abilities because he doesn't want to use energy accomplishing them.

No, how can you think that. She wasn't there, because she couldn't stop it. Wow.

Well it certainly better then yours "she didn't care" don't you think.

But beings like Gladiator, Thor, Hulk,... and other super heroes , who are insignificant in power to the Phoenix Force, and cosmic beings that are not powerful like PF, fought against THOTU. smile

It just shows me that they have more gut then the Phoenix if anything, and nearly all the cosmic beings that attacked Thanos would be above the Phoenix Force. Eternity, Infinity, The Celestials 5th host, The LT and so forth.

Utrigita
And why is I even debating this with you restart the Phoenix Thread if you want to discuss it.

Again Galactus ftw.

Xplosive
Because if he didn't have to constantly Worry about Abraxas the entire Galactus idea would disappear but there you also have the reason why Galactus loses Energy Else his power levels would be never be decreasing.

I think Master has showed you that Jean=Rachel with the Phoenix Force, so I'm not going to do so again smile

Twice??? One time he was starving the second time she surrendered to him, whether she wanted to ore not she couldn't stop him from completing his task of erasing the Phoenix Force from Existence, then he would just have accomplished it himself without using the Technology which I hope you know is made to duplicate all Galactus abilities because he doesn't want to use energy accomplishing them.

Well it certainly better then yours "she didn't care" don't you think.

It just shows me that they have more gut then the Phoenix if anything, and nearly all the cosmic beings that attacked Thanos would be above the Phoenix Force. Eternity, Infinity, The Celestials 5th host, The LT and so forth.

Cool. Said enough.

Ouallada
Phoenix > G because she didn't get owned by the HOTU. Brilliant logic there. I suppose US agent > G as well, since he wasn't shown to get owned by the HOTU either.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Ouallada
Phoenix > G because she didn't get owned by the HOTU. Brilliant logic there. I suppose US agent > G as well, since he wasn't shown to get owned by the HOTU either.

Brilliant Quallada, where from here you read Phoenix > G?.

SuperiorTech
I thought this was odin vs galactus how did the pheonix get into the debate?

Ouallada
Brilliant Quallada, where from here you read Phoenix > G?.

That is what you said. Let me ask, if you actually believe the drivel you wrote above, do you then believe that the PF would have made any difference at all against the HOTU?

APologies to everyone else for the digression.

Xplosive
if you actually believe the drivel you wrote above, do you then believe that the PF would have made any difference at all against the HOTU?

What are you tlaking about. Who said anything about making a difference. Who said anything that it seemed I believe that. I only said fact, that PF wasn't there, and you assume something on you own.

That is what you said. Let me ask, if you actually believe the drivel you wrote above, do you then believe that the PF would have made any difference at all against the HOTU?

APologies to everyone else for the digression.

No, Utrigita assumed that PF didn't interfere, because Phoenix couldn't stop him, while no one knows why Phoenix wasn't there (maybe writers just forgot it, who knows), but you can't read anywhere I said PF >G because of that.

Would Phoenix Force made a difference? No chance.

seaapple
I guess that's the only way this debate has reached 4 pages and could potentially go longer...digressing from the topic and making it about Phoenix or others vs. Galactus. Because everyone knows Odin doesn't cut it.

guy222
Its a good match, but Galactus wins

If he's weak, Odin can win

Reading all the classic Thors, Odin was said to be omnipotent and rivaled Galactus

Utrigita
I guess that's the only way this debate has reached 4 pages and could potentially go longer...digressing from the topic and making it about Phoenix or others vs. Galactus. Because everyone knows Odin doesn't cut it.

exactly thumb up

Bouboumaster
Odin isn't in the same league where Galactus plays

Shin_Nikkolas
They really should've had a story with Galactus trying to absorb Asgard like he was going to do with Mephisto's Realm.

seaapple
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Yes, Galactus plays for the other team...

the cosmic Hall-of-Fame team that is.

Larceny
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Yes he is, and his feats easily prove as much. Most of you claiming he isn't have never picked up a comic with Odin featured in it.

batdude123
Galactus easily wins. smile

seaapple
Yes he is, and his feats easily prove as much. Most of you claiming he isn't have never picked up a comic with Odin featured in it.

Then why didn't the gods of all the other planets Galactus ate stop him eventually? Surely one had to be as powerful as an Earth skyfather...

Shin_Nikkolas
Galactus wins but with more difficulty than he'd have if he was fighting Darkseid.

Larceny
Then why didn't the gods of all the other planets Galactus ate stop him eventually? Surely one had to be as powerful as an Earth skyfather...

Based off feats, there isn't any skyfather as powerful as Odin.

quanchi112
Based off feats, there isn't any skyfather as powerful as Odin. Which skyfather would you rank 2nd?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Cronos is a skyfather and would kick Odin's ass. Yugah Khan is also a skyfather.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Cronos is a skyfather and would kick Odin's ass. Yugah Khan is also a skyfather. Cronus wouldnt kick Odins ass. No way he was impressive but not that impressive, Odin would take Yuga to.

lando005
odin isnt even as powerful as tyrant so how the hell is he a match for galactus

Utrigita

Atum???

Larceny
Originally posted by lando005
odin isnt even as powerful as tyrant so how the hell is he a match for galactus

Who says he isn't as powerful as Tyrant? The popular belief is that Tyrant is more powerful than Odin because he was able to battle it out with Galactus, destroying a few solar systems in the process. A feat Odin's replicated and dwarfed many times.

Bransolute
Who says he isn't as powerful as Tyrant? The popular belief is that Tyrant is more powerful than Odin because he was able to battle it out with Galactus, destroying a few solar systems in the process. A feat Odin's replicated and dwarfed many times. Did good against Galactus?

Utrigita
A feat Odin's replicated and dwarfed many times.

Would you care to name a few instance besides the one with infinity and Seth. And in the seth fight I believe only death Galaxies was destroyed (whatever that is supposed to mean)

Btw It was galaxies.

Larceny
Did good against Galactus?

Whats the question?

Bransolute
Whats the question? "Who says he isn't as powerful as Tyrant? The popular belief is that Tyrant is more powerful than Odin because he was able to battle it out with Galactus, destroying a few solar systems in the process. A feat Odin's replicated and dwarfed many times."

smile

Larceny
"Who says he isn't as powerful as Tyrant? The popular belief is that Tyrant is more powerful than Odin because he was able to battle it out with Galactus, destroying a few solar systems in the process. A feat Odin's replicated and dwarfed many times."

smile

Oh, your asking about the battling with Galactus part? I didn't mean that part just the solar system part.

Larceny
Would you care to name a few instance besides the one with infinity and Seth. And in the seth fight I believe only death Galaxies was destroyed (whatever that is supposed to mean)

Btw It was galaxies.

The fight with Forsung, and after he created a Galaxy to show Thor the capabilities of the Odin Power. Also, would you care to name a few instances other than with Galactus that Tyrant destroyed a Galaxy?

Utrigita
The fight with Forsung, and after he created a Galaxy to show Thor the capabilities of the Odin Power. Also, would you care to name a few instances other than with Galactus that Tyrant destroyed a Galaxy?

Forsung was a battle across the universe, no Galaxies was destroyed but planets was toppled like ant hills.

And the Galaxy created by Odin I have never found out if it was a illustration from Odin to show Thor what he could ore if he actually did it, and Galactus has teleported a Galaxy what have Odin done in that magnitude??? and Galactus can devour a entire Galaxy. smile

Mephisto just for one, and tyrant was multiply galaxies.

Larceny
Forsung was a battle across the universe, no Galaxies was destroyed but planets was toppled like ant hills.

And the Galaxy created by Odin I have never found out if it was a illustration from Odin to show Thor what he could ore if he actually did it, and Galactus has teleported a Galaxy what have Odin done in that magnitude???

Mephisto just for one.

In moments mind you. Sorry, I'll have to look the fight back up. It created suns as well correct?

So until you prove it didn't happen, it did happen, correct?

While weakened he's moved Asgard from it's time and place in reality. However you dodged my question. Would you care to name a few instances other than with Galactus that Tyrant destroyed a Galaxy?

nvrbeenwthagirl
In moments mind you. Sorry, I'll have to look the fight back up. It created suns as well correct?

While weakened he's moved Asgard from it's time and place in reality. However you dodged my question. Would you care to name a few instances other than with Galactus that Tyrant destroyed a Galaxy?

Galactus bitched Thanos out with ALL defensive shielding. 3 shields was able to save thanos from Omega. ALL didn't save him from big G. Odin while not doing his best, wasn't near pwning thanos the way big G was. And thanos had no shields in his fight with Thanos. that is pretty evident right there that Galactus would beat Odin down.

Utrigita

I believe so but I'm not sure if

Yes it did it was just a feat that I cannot quiet understand because it seems as if it takes place in Thors own subconsiens.

While weakened he's moved Asgard from it's time and place in reality.

When did he do that I know he moved Earths Population and thats it. And I have no idea of how large Asgard is so...

However you dodged my question. Would you care to name a few instances other than with Galactus that Tyrant destroyed a Galaxy?

I believe I have smile Mephisto just for one and it spilled out in the Multiverse and would have caused the destruction of the Universe Galactus hadn't begun absorbing Mephistos Pocket Dimension the funny thing is that Asgard is a Pocket Dimension too.. And it was galaxies that was destroyed.

Would you care to name me a few besides the infinity which I proved wasn't under his own power earlier in the thread and the fight with Seth that destroyed death Galaxies (whatever that is supposed to mean)

And when I remember it the fight with Agamatto caused damage too I will check how much...

Larceny
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Galactus bitched Thanos out with ALL defensive shielding. 3 shields was able to save thanos from Omega. ALL didn't save him from big G. Odin while not doing his best, wasn't near pwning thanos the way big G was. And thanos had no shields in his fight with Thanos. that is pretty evident right there that Galactus would beat Odin down.

Here's the thing with ABC logic....... Thor's defeated and nearly killed Galactus, however is brushed away like a fly any and every time he rises against his father. This is evidence enough as to why Odin is a match for Galactus.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Here's the thing with ABC logic....... Thor's defeated and nearly killed Galactus, however is brushed away like a fly any and every time he rises against his father. This is evidence enough as to why Odin is a match for Galactus.
nah. That doesn't work becuz Thor didn't use any god force blast on Odin that i'm aware of. And galactus is a big slow moving target who was prolly very weak in that encounter. Plus Thor gets his power from Odin.

Bransolute
Here's the thing with ABC logic....... Thor's defeated and nearly killed Galactus, however is brushed away like a fly any and every time he rises against his father. This is evidence enough as to why Odin is a match for Galactus. As nvr said... Thor doesn't use his god blast against Odin, and... Thor cheap shotted a weak Galactus. smile

Also, Masterson Thor KO'ed an Odin controlled Loki. smile

Larceny
I believe so but I'm not sure if

Yes it did it was just a feat that I cannot quiet understand because it seems as if it takes place in Thors own subconsiens.

When did he do that I know he moved Earths Population and thats it. And I have no idea of how large Asgard is so...

I believe I have smile Mephisto just for one and it spilled out in the Multiverse and would have caused the destruction of the Universe Galactus hadn't begun absorbing Mephistos Pocket Dimension the funny thing is that Asgard is a Pocket Dimension too.. And it was galaxies that was destroyed.

Would you care to name me a few besides the infinity which I proved wasn't under his own power earlier in the thread and the fight with Seth that destroyed death Galaxies (whatever that is supposed to mean)

I'm sure it did.

Ok.

Long ago. It's in the respect thread. I'd post it but I'm not yet accustomed to this mac. However teleporating a galaxy and moving a pocket universe from it's time and place in reality are two different things. On being more impressive than the other, and I believe you know which one that is.

I'm talking about Tyrant.

I already have. confused

lando005
Who says he isn't as powerful as Tyrant? The popular belief is that Tyrant is more powerful than Odin because he was able to battle it out with Galactus, destroying a few solar systems in the process. A feat Odin's replicated and dwarfed many times. i wasnt refering to that belief that you are talking about infact that the first time i heard it. But i should make a correction to my statement, Odin isn even as powerful as depowerd tyrant so how is he going to go up against a full powered galactus? There are various things being said by others in that defence so i will refer to bothe tryant's and Odin's fight with Thanos as a comparative base on their performance and power levels. The Odin-Thanos fight was very much neck to neck and the fight could have gone either way up until the end, on the other hand the Tyrant-Thanos fight Tyrant was the clear winner from start to finish, it took everything Thanos had just to be able to fight him and he was still loosing badly. The difference in power is clear

Utrigita
I'm sure it did.

Okay

Long ago. It's in the respect thread. I'd post it but I'm not yet accustomed to this mac. However teleporating a galaxy and moving a pocket universe from it's time and place in reality are two different things. On being more impressive than the other, and I believe you know which one that is.

Would you mind finding it because I cannot.

I'm talking about Tyrant.

confused

I already have. confused

you have already what???

Larceny
i wasnt refering to that belief that you are talking about infact that the first time i heard it. But i should make a correction to my statement, Odin isn even as powerful as depowerd tyrant so how is he going to go up against a full powered galactus? There are various things being said by others in that defence so i will refer to bothe tryant's and Odin's fight with Thanos as a comparative base on their performance and power levels. The Odin-Thanos fight was very much neck to neck and the fight could have gone either way up until the end, on the other hand the Tyrant-Thanos fight Tyrant was the clear winner from start to finish, it took everything Thanos had just to be able to fight him and he was still loosing badly. The difference in power is clear

At what instance was it depicted that Thanos even had a chance against Odin? The fights went fairly similar, the difference being Tyrant wished to kill Thanos and Odin; well Odin didn't seem to concerned.

Utrigita
At what instance was it depicted that Thanos even had a chance against Odin? The fights went fairly similar, the difference being Tyrant wished to kill Thanos and Odin; well Odin didn't seem to concerned.

The fact alone that he pulled out gungnir is something that should be taken into consideration.

batdude123
To me, Odin made Thanos look like a *****.

It wasn't a stalemate at all. Thanos just kinda... lasted.

Larceny
Okay

Would you mind finding it because I cannot.

confused

you have already what???

Hold on.

When has Tyrant ever destroyed a Galaxy other than his fight with Galactus!!!!!!

Nevermind.

Larceny
The fact alone that he pulled out gungnir is something that should be taken into consideration.

Thanos got his ass beat. Never in the fight did it even appear as if he had a chance. Thanos just never gave up, and Odin's intentions weren't to kill Thanos as Tyrants were.

Utrigita
When has Tyrant ever destroyed a Galaxy other than his fight with Galactus!!!!!!

Never but when is the last time Odin has been remotely at those level he was when he battled Forsung hell when he battled arishem he and three other skyfathers couldn't produce more energy then to hurl a planet out of orbit.

Bransolute
At what instance was it depicted that Thanos even had a chance against Odin? The fights went fairly similar, the difference being Tyrant wished to kill Thanos and Odin; well Odin didn't seem to concerned. Odin was pissed. no expression

He thought Thor was being held hostage.

Larceny
Never but when is the last time Odin has been remotely at those level he was when he battled Forsung hell when he battled arishem he and three other skyfathers couldn't produce more energy then to hurl a planet out of orbit.

Exactly.

Um a few years ago when he created and destroyed that Galaxy for Thor. Before that it was 96 when he shook every plain of reality/existence.

He wouldn't be much of a skyfather if he was incapable of channeling his energies now would he?

Utrigita
Thanos got his ass beat. Never in the fight did it even appear as if he had a chance. Thanos just never gave up, and Odin's intentions weren't to kill Thanos as Tyrants were.

Thanos waded right through the energy from Gungnir and actually managed to hold with Odin.

It didn't but infact it didn't in neither fight IMO.

Well he oneshotted Surfer and that look in his eyes wasn't like peacefull, he was determind to beat Thanos thats for sure.

Larceny
Odin was pissed. no expression

He thought Thor was being held hostage.

Yet he gave Thanos opportunities to yield. Opportunities he wouldn't have received from Tyrant.

Bransolute
Um a few years ago when he created and destroyed that Galaxy for Thor. It was a solar system... and when did it say he created it?

Because, Thor stepped through the waterfall, and somehow ended up bigger than suns. It seemed more like a lesson through the Odin Force than Odin actually creating that shit.

lando005
At what instance was it depicted that Thanos even had a chance against Odin? The fights went fairly similar, the difference being Tyrant wished to kill Thanos and Odin; well Odin didn't seem to concerned. how many times does Odin pull out gunguir in a fight? Odin said it himself that Thanos was one of the greatest opponent's he'd ever faced. It took everytihng Thnaos had plus amping to compete with Tyrant, how are thoes fight even close in preformance?

Utrigita
Um a few years ago when he created and destroyed that Galaxy for Thor. Before that it was 96 when he shook every plain of reality/existence.

The galaxy that we still don't know was in Thor's mind. You mean the battle with Seth that realised enough energy to shatter death Galaxies.

He wouldn't be much of a skyfather if he was incapable of channeling his energies now would he?

No he wouldn't but the fact alone that he couldn't produce more energy against a Celestial along with Zeus and Vishnu is laugable.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by batdude123
To me, Odin made Thanos look like a *****.

It wasn't a stalemate at all. Thanos just kinda... lasted.

Now how would Odin have done if thanos had ALL defensive shielding on. Cuz just 3 shields saved him from Omega.

Utrigita
Yet he gave Thanos opportunities to yield. Opportunities he wouldn't have received from Tyrant.

Because Odin and Tyrant are different in natur. Odin is a keeper of Peace Tyrant is well a tyrant.

Doesn't the hero always give the bad guy a chance of surrendering while the Bad Guy always moves in for the kill.

Utrigita
The funny part is that I thought about creathing this thread some time ago but thought it wouldn't have any attention laughing out loud I was wrong

Bransolute
Yet he gave Thanos opportunities to yield. Opportunities he wouldn't have received from Tyrant. He thought he killed Thanos earlier, plus, after that last shot, Thanos was down, and he asked him if he yielded. It doesn't mean he wasn't mad.

Tyrant also seemed to toy with Thanos... a powered up Thanos. And Tyrant is naturally a villain.

Larceny
Thanos waded right through the energy from Gungnir and actually managed to hold with Odin.

It didn't but infact it didn't in neither fight IMO.

Well he oneshotted Surfer and that look in his eyes wasn't like peacefull, he was determind to beat Thanos thats for sure.

Funny, because if I recall correctly he did something similar with Tyrant and actually accomplished what he went to accomplish. All he accomplished with Odin was humiliation. BTW, Odin's greatest feats were done without Gungnir.

He may have been determined to defeat him, but his intentions were never to kill him as tyrants were.

Larceny
how many times does Odin pull out gunguir in a fight? Odin said it himself that Thanos was one of the greatest opponent's he'd ever faced. It took everytihng Thnaos had plus amping to compete with Tyrant, how are thoes fight even close in preformance?

Um once.

Mr Master
Imo, Thanos gave Odin a superb fight,
and I never saw Thanos beaten (had it lasted longer) definitively.

Would Thanos have lost with time?

Perhaps.

Was that time close to being reached?

Not imo.

Larceny
Um once, and he never stated Thanos was one of his toughest opponents.

Larceny
Because Odin and Tyrant are different in natur. Odin is a keeper of Peace Tyrant is well a tyrant.

Doesn't the hero always give the bad guy a chance of surrendering while the Bad Guy always moves in for the kill.

Which is exactly the difference in their fights. Similar outcomes, entirely different intentions.

Bransolute
Funny, because if I recall correctly he did something similar with Tyrant and actually accomplished what he went to accomplish. All he accomplished with Odin was humiliation. BTW, Odin's greatest feats were done without Gungnir.

He may have been determined to defeat him, but his intentions were never to kill him as tyrants were. The problem here is that Odin is the one who started the fight with Thanos.
Thanos is the one who prepared and started the fight with Tyrant.

And he only fought Tyrant because he was looking for a challenge.

Larceny
Originally posted by Mr Master
Imo, Thanos gave Odin a superb fight,
and I never saw Thanos beaten (had it lasted longer) definitively.

Would Thanos have lost with time?

Perhaps.

Was that time close to being reached?

Not imo.

Could the same not be said about the Thanos/Tyrant fight?

Utrigita

Did he wade right through something Tyrant send at him... I don't recall that I saw one blast from Tyrant basically sent Thanos flying. There is also a difference in the fights. He came to Tyrant to test his own strength and teleported away because it was suicide to continue the battle. With Odin he hadn't a clear plan but obviously saw it as challenge. Some of Galactus greatest feats is done when he is hungry... And Odin IMO pretty often use either the OdinSword doesn't he???

And I wouldn't call it humiliation to hang that long with a skyfather that according to you could actually rival Galactus...

He may have been determined to defeat him, but his intentions were never to kill him as tyrants were.

Thats because they have a different mindset as mentioned earlier.

Larceny
The problem here is that Odin is the one who started the fight with Thanos.
Thanos is the one who prepared and started the fight with Tyrant.

And he only fought Tyrant because he was looking for a challenge.

Yes, and every other character he knocked aside. I just never got the I wanna kill you vibe from Odin.

Larceny
No he wouldn't but the fact alone that he couldn't produce more energy against a Celestial along with Zeus and Vishnu is laugable.

This being Odin's lowest feat I have no problem saying he was owned. However him only knocking the planet of of orbit has nothing to do with it.

Utrigita
Which is exactly the difference in their fights. Similar outcomes, entirely different intentions.

Similar Outcomes???

Thanos teleports away

Thanos stays because he thinks he can takes more.

Utrigita
This being Odin's lowest feat I have no problem saying he was owned. However him only knocking the planet of of orbit has nothing to do with it.

It has everything to do with it, if he can produce enough energy to shatter Planets in one fight and then another cannot even hurl a single planet out of orbit without help that shows me that Odin simply isn't so strong as he once was. but thats just IMO.

Utrigita
Um once, and he never stated Thanos was one of his toughest opponents.

http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warlockandtheinfinitywatch25bl1.jpg

Larceny
Did he wade right through something Tyrant send at him... I don't recall that I saw one blast from Tyrant basically sent Thanos flying. There is also a difference in the fights. He came to Tyrant to test his own strength and teleported away because it was suicide to continue the battle. With Odin he hadn't a clear plan but obviously saw it as challenge. Some of Galactus greatest feats is done when he is hungry... And Odin IMO pretty often use either the OdinSword doesn't he???

And I wouldn't call it humiliation to hang that long with a skyfather that according to you could actually rival Galactus...

Thats because they have a different mindset as mentioned earlier.

I have to cook, i'll be back.

Larceny
http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warlockandtheinfinitywatch25bl1.jpg

So where's "one of my toughest opponents" part at?

lando005
Um once. exactly he too thanos seriously enough to break out his strongest weapon and the fight was still pretty even. Odinw as winning the fight but by no clear marign, and even in the end thanos did not yeild. A powered up thanos was only able to survive against tyrant who was depowered. That alone should show a clear difference in power dispite anything else you might want to say for if Odin was close to Galactus he would have dispatched thanos in seconds not minutes. Odin was unable to put down thanos, thanos with a power up was barely able to survive his fight with depowered tyrant, need i go into further explination?

lando005
So where's "one of my toughest opponents" part at? he says it clear as day he does not say thoes exact words the the context is the same, i was simply paraphrasing

Larceny
he says it clear as day he does not say thoes exact words the the context is the same, i was simply paraphrasing

No what he says was he hasn't faced an opponent like you in eons. Much different from one of my toughest opponents ever.

lando005
No what he says was he hasn't faced an opponent like you in eons. Much different from one of my toughest opponents ever. he also says he is an enemy worthy of saluting, he clearly respect's Thanos' power and regards him as being oone of his most powerful opponents he's faced, your using the fact that he did not use those exact words as a cop out where is exact tone and everything else he said points to the same thing.

Larceny
he also says he is an enemy worthy of saluting, he clearly respect's Thanos' power and regards him as being oone of his most powerful opponents he's faced, your using the fact that he did not use those exact words as a cop out where is exact tone and everything else he said points to the same thing.

Nowhere was it stated that Thanos was one of his most powerful opponents. He clearly and only stated that he hadn't faced someone like Thanos in eons. Much different meaning, and you my friend are doing the twisting.

lando005
Nowhere was it stated that Thanos was one of his most powerful opponents. He clearly and only stated that he hadn't faced someone like Thanos in eons. Much different meaning, and you my friend are doing the twisting. i'm not twising anything, Odin clearly could not put Thnos down easily, he stated several times during the fight that he respected thanos and how powerful he is, Thanos took Odin's best shots quite well and kept coming at him, and when someone is using phrases like " i havent fought someone like you in eons" and "you are clearly and advasary worth saluting" it is clearly implied that's what his oppinion of him is. He certainly wouldnt praise a weaker enemy like that now would he.

Larceny
i'm not twising anything, Odin clearly could not put Thnos down easily, he stated several times during the fight that he respected thanos and how powerful he is, Thanos took Odin's best shots quite well and kept coming at him, and when someone is using phrases like " i havent fought someone like you in eons" and "you are clearly and advasary worth saluting" it is clearly implied that's what his oppinion of him is. He certainly wouldnt praise a weaker enemy like that now would he.

Odin wasn't even straining nor was he concerned. Thanos never landed a solid shot or a shot at all for that matter. His shields were easily swept away, and he was humiliated throughout the fight.

How many characters don't respect Thanos?

Where did you get the idea that Odin was giving Thanos all he had? I don't recall that being depicted in the comic.

Again, he stated he respected Thanos but nowhere in the comic was it even hinted that Thanos was one of the most powerful foes Odin faced.

When did Thanos become weak?

lando005
Odin wasn't even straining nor was he concerned. Thanos never landed a solid shot or a shot at all for that matter. His shields were easily swept away, and he was humiliated throughout the fight.

How many characters don't respect Thanos?

Where did you get the idea that Odin was giving Thanos all he had? I don't recall that being depicted in the comic.

Again, he stated he respected Thanos but nowhere in the comic was it even hinted that Thanos was one of the most powerful foes Odin faced.

When did Thanos become weak? Wow you have a completely differnt view of that fight. They were clearly exchanging blows during the begining of that fiht with neither one of them showing any signs of damage. About mid way through the fight Odin whips out gunguir something he rarely does in battle. Also where were Thanos's sheilds? because it seems to me like he didnt even use them in that fight. Thanos was far from humiliated in that fight as it was pretty even all the way up till the end. The statements I refer to are all over that fight, the language and workind Odin was using was quite strong, he would not use such strong word like that if he didnt think thanos was powerful. How often is it that Odin praises his enemies? not very often.

lando005
You dont say something like "it's been a loong time since i had a battle like that" if your frighing somone weaker than you. People use that type of talk when refering to someone of equal power.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>