Bane v. Nihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Hopefully this hasn't been done. Each at their best. Takes place on Geonosis arena.

1.Force Battle
2.Lightsaber fight
3.All out

ThoraxeRMG
Nihilus

Violent2Dope
Force? Nihilus. Saber? Til we know more about Nihilus, Bane. All out? Nihilus.

nmensfinest
Doesn't Bane have lightsaber proof armour covering his entire body? If so, I don't really see how he can be beaten in a pure saber battle, though I'm sure there are a few details I might have missed.

Thiru
Originally posted by nmensfinest
Doesn't Bane have lightsaber proof armour covering his entire body? If so, I don't really see how he can be beaten in a pure saber battle, though I'm sure there are a few details I might have missed. Immune? I doubt it but highly resistant? Certainly.

Force wise it depends if nihilus bond breaking ability or attack is instant as we have yet to see.

Even after the exile said she would allow him to feed on her, he waited moments before unleashing his ability. I am not the one who came up with this concept but lightsnake , zephiel7 and borbarad did so long ago.

It may be possible that he hesitated for a few moments and need not fear the exile attacking him at that moment but again theres nothing to indicate such a powerful technique could work instantly. We saw the 3 masters trying to cut off the exiles control of her powers completely or blind her to the force yet that did not not happen instantly, it took mere moments and even then kreia still had time to interfere.

So for a force fight i really don't know but im leaning towards nihilus if he can quickly execute his ability.

As for sabers, bane wtf pwns him given that we know nothing about nihilus saber abilities

nmensfinest
Immune? I doubt it but highly resistant? Certainly.

Thought so, would be way too overpowered. Thanks for the info btw.

Utrigita
1. Nihilus
2. Bane
3. Nihilus

Se7in
Originally posted by Thiru
As for sabers, bane wtf pwns him given that we know nothing about nihilus saber abilities

Wow. That is one of the worst deductions I've ever read. Because one character's skills is a variable, we must assume the one we know about is the better?

nmensfinest
To be fair, if Bane's known ability is above what can be deduced about Nihilus' unknown ability, that's the most logical stance to take.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Thiru
Immune? I doubt it but highly resistant? Certainly.

Force wise it depends if nihilus bond breaking ability or attack is instant as we have yet to see.

Even after the exile said she would allow him to feed on her, he waited moments before unleashing his ability. I am not the one who came up with this concept but lightsnake , zephiel7 and borbarad did so long ago.

It may be possible that he hesitated for a few moments and need not fear the exile attacking him at that moment but again theres nothing to indicate such a powerful technique could work instantly. We saw the 3 masters trying to cut off the exiles control of her powers completely or blind her to the force yet that did not not happen instantly, it took mere moments and even then kreia still had time to interfere.

So for a force fight i really don't know but im leaning towards nihilus if he can quickly execute his ability.

As for sabers, bane wtf pwns him given that we know nothing about nihilus saber abilities Prove it takes time to do. wink

nmensfinest
You're asking him to prove something he just stated that he can't prove or disprove? Do you realise how dumb that is?

Violent2Dope
Thing is, there is nothing to prove it isn't instant, when he stunned her, he did not consider her a threat at all, and then with a raise of his hand did the attack.

Thiru
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Thing is, there is nothing to prove it isn't instant, when he stunned her, he did not consider her a threat at all, and then with a raise of his hand did the attack. And there is no proof it is instant either, so your point holds completely no water at all. Besides IF it was an instant attack, why did he hesitate even when she gave him the sign to feed on her?

Most if not all villains would kill their opponents if their opponents allows them to do so unless they are extremely cocky and arrogant or just outright stupid which nihilus has yet to demonstrate either.

Originally posted by Se7in
Wow. That is one of the worst deductions I've ever read. Because one character's skills is a variable, we must assume the one we know about is the better? Do we know anything about nihilus saber dueling capabilities? Hence that is why i made the assumption bane would "own" nihilus.

There is absolutely nothing to even indicate that he is at the least a (decent - good) saber duelist

Thiru
EDIT

Thiru
^ just to sum it up, seeing that as you said his skill is variable, he could be so good such like count dooku, or he could be a shitty horrible duelist.

Seeing that we know nothing of his dueling abilities, i think ill just say bane beats him in that category. I'll concede teh "bane owns him" statement

Violent2Dope
It is true, until we know more about Nihilus' saber abilities, we have to say he is average. What we do know is he uses one hand, Makashi practitioner maybe?

Captain REX
We don't know much about Nihilus, but his command of Force seems rather spectacular (if not overpowered...).

How does Bane compare?

Violent2Dope
In a Force fight or all out, Bane cannot compare. However, saberwise, we have to say Bane until we know more about his saber abilities.

GahLakTus
In a Force fight or all out, Bane cannot compare. However, saberwise, we have to say Bane until we know more about his saber abilities. Its actually plausible for bane,vader, dooku to beat nihilus in a force fight until we have absolute proof that his abilities are instant like a force choke. Because for such a powerful technique to be unleashed, it would at the very least take mere moments to do so, and we have seen the 3 masters trying to cut the exile off the force and yet that took many moments though they were interrupted by kreia.

This technique alone used by the masters is to merely blind the exiles connection to the force where she can no longer feel it nor command it.

And we have nihilus technique which is even more lethal as it can completely destroy that bond between his victims which would kill them instantly, so its safe to assume this attack alone would take a few moments seeing that the weaker lesser version which just blinds you to the force takes a while.

It is true, until we know more about Nihilus' saber abilities, we have to say he is average. What we do know is he uses one hand, Makashi practitioner maybe? And an average saber user would get tooled by the people who mastered their lightsaber forms to its greatest degree in this case bane

0°Mandalore°0
I must say I agree. As far as we know, Bane would ass rape Nihilus with the saber. And forcewise we know Nihilus is stronger, but it may all come down to how much it takes for him to use a Force power of that magnitude.

btw: HAH! I got nmensfinest banned for good!

kamhal
Who we know he is strong? All we know is that nihilus has a force power how seems more like a mass weapon to me, and also that he was able to rise a big ship from malachor's surface. But hadn't bane destroy the rakatan temple with a force storm? This seems quite impressive to me too.

I am with bane on this one, he is better with the lightsaber and both of them are arguably even in the force too me (and we all know that the force is only an effective weapon if your foe is quite weaker in the force then you).

Violent2Dope
His technique that kills worlds clearly requires great command of the Force for one, so does his impressive TK. He also beat the "immortal" Darth Sion with one Force Lightning in cut content. His presence alone can slowly kill weaker foes, as can his speech.

xxxpoppunker182
yes weaker foes. not someone who could be someone as powerful as the sith'ari

Violent2Dope
I know, but to be able to do that with presence alone, is more than most can say.

0°Mandalore°0
I wish we knew who the heck is Nihilus. He's too powerful to not actually know who he is.

GahLakTus
Originally posted by kamhal
Who we know he is strong? All we know is that nihilus has a force power how seems more like a mass weapon to me, and also that he was able to rise a big ship from malachor's surface. But hadn't bane destroy the rakatan temple with a force storm? This seems quite impressive to me too. We dont even know weather he lifted the ship with the force completely, for all we know its engines are in working conditions hence he could have lifted it with the force and engines working at the same time.

Again, no proof that his bond breaking technique is instant seeing its a very powerful technique and the lesser version takes long moments.

His technique that kills worlds clearly requires great command of the Force for one, so does his impressive TK. He also beat the "immortal" Darth Sion with one Force Lightning in cut content. His presence alone can slowly kill weaker foes, as can his speech. He doesn't "Kill worlds". He kills whats on them, people, flaura and fauna etc.

And sion was never immortal, save on malachor where he could draw upon the dark side aura to replenish his self. And cut-content means non canon sorry.

And his presence as you said kills weak people, zuka and canderous were unaffected by his presence as well as the other mandalorians who stormed the ship.

And palpatines mere presence caused an unbalance in the force, lets not forget there are people who are very close to him in power, exar, vader, bane and a few others. Sidious alone would destroy nihilus, what about the others i mentioned who are very close in power?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by GahLakTus
We dont even know weather he lifted the ship with the force completely, for all we know its engines are in working conditions hence he could have lifted it with the force and engines working at the same time.

Again, no proof that his bond breaking technique is instant seeing its a very powerful technique and the lesser version takes long moments.

He doesn't "Kill worlds". He kills whats on them, people, flaura and fauna etc.

And sion was never immortal, save on malachor where he could draw upon the dark side aura to replenish his self. And cut-content means non canon sorry.

And his presence as you said kills weak people, zuka and canderous were unaffected by his presence as well as the other mandalorians who stormed the ship.

And palpatines mere presence caused an unbalance in the force, lets not forget there are people who are very close to him in power, exar, vader, bane and a few others. Sidious alone would destroy nihilus, what about the others i mentioned who are very close in power? 1. If you lift a ship from the surface of a planet, it's engines are not working dude. Why would they be? What, did he have Tobin did a hole with a shovel to get in it's bridge and start it?

2. Nihilus>>>>>>>>Kavar, Vrook, and the ther dude(long ass name) combined, as you have said, the only particularily powerful one was Kavar, who had excellent dueling skills, as he was a famed Jedi Guardian(stated in-game). He has mastered the use of the technique beyond what they could, it seemed like all he had to do was extend his arm to use it.

3. Lol, I know he only kills the living things, but saying he kills worlds is so much less to type.

4. Notice the quotations, Sion is laughable, his only special things about him are proficiency using a Lightsaber and...that's it...Also, let's just be honest and think outside the box, Nihilus was ALWAYS depicted to be the most powerful of the Triumvirate by FAR.

5. Well, Mandalorians are also trained to combat the Force, they were war vets after all. Also, Zuka was never in his presence.

6. Anyone who is a wound in the Force causes massive echoes in the Force. smile Nihilus would not fall to Sidious easily, oh, and the ones you mentioned, are not even comparable to DE Sidious.

GahLakTus
I am going to destroy your "rebuttal"

1. If you lift a ship from the surface of a planet, it's engines are not working dude. Why would they be? What, did he have Tobin did a hole with a shovel to get in it's bridge and start it?
Ill concede this

2. Nihilus>>>>>>>>Kavar, Vrook, and the ther dude(long ass name) combined, as you have said, the only particularily powerful one was Kavar, who had excellent dueling skills, as he was a famed Jedi Guardian(stated in-game). He has mastered the use of the technique beyond what they could, it seemed like all he had to do was extend his arm to use it. Zez kai ell, vrook and kavar are nothing more than average force users, somebody like count dooku would easily destroy them

3. Lol, I know he only kills the living things, but saying he kills worlds is so much less to type. But its a world of difference, killing whats on worlds and the world itself is two different things.

Same as taking an object off on my body and taking an object in my body

4. Notice the quotations, Sion is laughable, his only special things about him are proficiency using a Lightsaber and...that's it...Also, let's just be honest and think outside the box, Nihilus was ALWAYS depicted to be the most powerful of the Triumvirate by FAR.
Did i deny nihilus is more powerful than kreia and sion the overrated piece of shit?

5. Well, Mandalorians are also trained to combat the Force, they were war vets after all. Also, Zuka was never in his presence. Prove it, seeing that clone troopers are even more superior than mandalorians technologically, tactically and combat wise, were never trained to combat the force yet they were able to hunt down and kill jedi while at the same time getting wtf owned by any jedi.

Just because you say they are doesn't mean they are seeing that there is absolutely nothing to back your claims at all

6. Anyone who is a wound in the Force causes massive echoes in the Force. smile Nihilus would not fall to Sidious easily, oh, and the ones you mentioned, are not even comparable to DE Sidious. Being an echo means you wont fall to your enemy? Sorry but DE sidious would annihiltae nihilus.

Lets see... what happens when sidious uses the fallanasi looping technique? He > nihilus seeing that nihilus wouldnt be able to even see or feel sidious force bond and thus he cannot touch it. Oh how i forgot sidious mastered every aspect of the force and by the time of dark empire, i dont see why he cant cut nihilus off the force and use an insta kill attack which effortlessly destroyed 100 stormtroopers who turned on him and at the same time kill 3 sith acolytes powerful enough to ressurect darth maul

ROTJ sidious ALONE would beat the shit out of nihilus seeing by that time he had the fallanasi ability and already mastered so many dark side secrets as he had over 20 years to study the dark side even more as well as the fact he had thousands of sith holocrons, the entire jedi and sith archives and ancient text all to himself.

Lets also not forget the fact that the ancient sith BOWED and saluted both sidious and vader.

This quote comes from the audio book i believe.

Empire's End, one of the Sith spirits: He gave up everything to the Dark Side long ago. He has become the greatest who ever lived. He is the strongest who ever lived....I say we give what he wishes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.