Official TNA Wrestling Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpaceMonkey
I figured, since TNA is quickly surpassing WWE in entertainment value, maybe it should have it's own thread.

Anyone else watch it last night?

Darth Vicious
Which TNA is this one because the TNA wrestling thats currently on Spike TV aint nowhere near competeing with WWE. Specially since90% of their "super" stars are WWE rejects!

SpaceMonkey
I, literally fall asleep during RAW. I used to get together with my 3 best friends every Monday night and made a night of it. Now, none of them watch RAW anymore because of how silly and stupid it's gotten. TNA is, at least, fresh for now. I will probably get over it soon, but for now, it's better to watch than the old crap being redone with subpar wrestlers.

Alpha Centauri
It will never compete with WWE, at least not yet, for many reasons.

A) It isn't creating any real stars, it's borrowing from Ring of Honour and such. So whilst the scenery, matches and gimmicks may be new, and a little more free with experimentation, fans aren't necessarily seeing a new product. The good thing is, they put more emphasis on ability. The matches are more entertaining due to the roster having more ability, but the in between (Promos etc) lacks something.

B) It seems to be at a crossroads where it has to decide to push for out-of-ring entertainment and better storylines, or continue to just have great matches.

WWE had to sacrifice a lot of ability to get to where it is entertainment wise. That said, for me personally, the balance was decent for a long time. You had matches like Foley/Taker in the cell, then Angle/Benoit, Austin/McMahon feud. It spanned all the elements, so there was something for everyone, now, from what I'm reading and hearing, it's pretty shit.

-AC

Darth Hord
TNA had good quality matches yesterday such as Angle vs Kaz for the title which was a very fast paced especially at the end.

SpaceMonkey
I also like the fact that they have a better roster of tag-teams and they actually pay the tag-team division some attention.

Darth Vicious
As fun as they might be to watch most of the TNA roster(not former WWE wrestlers) lack charisma and any real mic skillz to make a lot of people care for them.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
As fun as they might be to watch most of the TNA roster(not former WWE wrestlers) lack charisma and any real mic skillz to make a lot of people care for them.

Yea some of them are pretty bad. Im glad AJ is getting better because is one of the most entertaining guys all around.

vandalworks
thats the only rel problem i have with wwe, lack of tag team attention. i used to love the days of money inc, legion of doom, hart foundation etc.

JacopeX
TNA is a joke in many aspects. Plus, it began to suck a very long time ago. I have never liked it BTW.

brainchild81
TNA's storylines are dull, but WWE ain't been pushing out gold recently either. TNA's watchable 'cuz they have many good matches. Good sports entertainment. WWE is neither sport nor entertaining. TNA should hire Heyman.

Elite Hunter
I hear there has been talk that the knockouts might get there own separate show on spike.

brainchild81
That could be good. WWE has some talented women, but the knockouts matches are far better

Df02
TNA produces better quality matches, they just need to get the right balance with their attention to fued-buildup etc.

There's no doubt the roster they have is capable of deliviring, they just need the right work.

I still think Jeff Jarrett is one of the best heels around.

Elite Hunter
TNA and Bob Knight?

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/538/84/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.