RESPECT Kain (lok)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burning thought
young Kain

http://www.citadelata.com/info/Games/BloodOmen22.JPG

Kain in his Younger form, this is in the Blood omen/Blood omen 2 era kain, before his evolution into the ancient vampire we see in Soul reaver games and Defiance, Kain in this era had super strength, his limit is unknown but he is shown to be able to lift fully armoured soldiers with ease, his other powers include stealth mist to become invisible, jumping great distances, berserker fury which was a extremely quick number of hits in a continious combo as well as incinerate which is capable of turning most beings to ashes, Magnus the vampire who first has this gift before kain takes his essence was capable of making stone explode as well. Kain also learnt how to control minds. In this form kain also defeats many Hylden, Demons and eventually when he gains the soul reaver once agian defeats the Hylden lord himself.

in Blood omen Kain had a similiar form but had extra powers that he does not have in Blood omen 2, powers such as transforming into bats and werewolves. Using his blood as weapons, Draining the blood of all enemies he can see making them dry, Soul death, possesing and taking souls at the same time as well as power over certain elements such as lightning, he also had limited energy manipulation to the extent that he could create bolts or balls of energy

Burning thought
Kain

http://www.shpil.com/images/kain3.jpg

perhaps most recent kain look, after his thousand+ years of evolution, every few hundred or maybe less years he evolved gaining new gifts, kain after refusing the Sacrifice is supposed to of build his empire around the ruins of the pillars, by refusing the sacrifice, the land would slowly die. Kain built his throne upon the pillars and raised his 6 Vampire lieutenant's, Melchiah, Zephon, Rahab, Dumah, Turel and his most powerful Raziel, using his own soul to breathe life into their bodies. He ruled as a God the world of Nosgoth until events he read in the prophecy came true he followed the events he belived he had read.

in This form Kain is said to have all the powers of recent incarnations, in Defiance he showns mist, teleportion as well as batform, in Soul reaver he can use the dark energy similiar to the hylden lords and has the reaver, with which he uses soul blast.

Neo Darkhalen
Go on then.

Respect the Immortal Vampire, remember playing the Gamecube game.

Burning thought
Kain fighting Raz

gn3lMHTml2k

showns some near instant and instant teleportation as well as reaver soul blast. Note this is not soul death, Soul death is not a projectile

sites showing Kain information

excellent site showing some story, moves, powers and spells from all the Games

http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/

another great site that showns deleted material, some Q/A from the creators as well as fanbased things and collectors items

http://www.thelostworlds.net/

Burning thought
Kain battle Videos, showing various abilities

7LTpwokoywE

_3j_eQcgpdM&feature=related

Burning thought
Scion of Balance evolved Kain

http://www.nosgoth.net/Defiance/dialogue/Def008904.JPG

This is kain in his evolved state, the prophesised look of him by the ancients, although ime not sure how he would become blue skinned like the ancients before their corruption but who knows, now hes purified he may be able to form and actually look a little more presentable instead of ugly

this would be an uber version for sure to play as and is the strongest form "seen" of kain, since he continually evolves over the years however he would always gain new "dark gifts"

Burning thought
Kains Emblems from the pillars

Kains Emblems that he would gain, giving him powers over these forces and concepts

wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Circle_of_Nine
Dark Chronicle: http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/lok/guardians.php

Mind - The Mind Guardians had 'phenomenal' mental and psychic ability, including the powers of telepathy and telekinesis, the latter of which also allows the Guardian to create extremely realistic illusions.

Conflict - have the power to infuse others with rage and attack eachother, powers over warfare

Nature-The Nature Guardians' abilities were linked to the living world: plants, animals and even the weather,the power to control nature and reshape it from one form to another

Dimension- The Dimension Guardian has the power to see into, enter and draw things from alternate dimensions

States- the power to transfigure matter, control over the states of things as well as shapeshift

Energy- The Energy Guardian has the power to control infinite amounts of energy as well as manipulate it.

Time- The Time Guardian has the power to manipulate the flow of time, this also gives the guardian near-omniscience as they can see the past, present and future.

Death- The Death Guardian has power over death and can suspend the soul of an individual in a physical form beyond death and had influence over the spirits and bodies of the dead

Balance- The Balance Guardian has the power of boundless, incorruptible magic. The Guaridan also binds all of the other Guardians to the Pillars and to one another. Their magic influenced the regulation of the other magic in Nosgoth

Balance Emblem- The Balance Emblem is an artifact of the pillars, the Emblem consisted of all 9 emblems of the pillars incluing its own in the center, this attaches to reaver giving it the power of said pillars directley.

Burning thought
Kains Sword....The Reaver

http://www.nosgoth.net/Soul_Reaver/Reaver.JPG

The Reaver, before it becomes the Soul reaver and before its enhanced. The Blade was created many thousands of years before the events of any of the games by the Ancient Vampire race. The Reaver was first forged by the Vampire Vorador some time around the end of the war between the Ancients and the Hylden, at the behest of Janos Audron. After its forging, the highest mages among the Ancients endowed the Reaver with their power

the Sword can hold the 9 Emblems of the pillars giving it power over those elements, the Emblems are as follows: Mind, Death, States, Time, Energy, Nature, Dimension, Conflict and ruled by the Balance Emblem. In-game players could only use Time, Dimension, conflict and energy however the others were deleted from the game due to gaming purposes

Burning thought
The Soul Reaver

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b6/Image-soulreaver123.jpg

The completed and most powerful version of the blade, the Reaver after gaining the soul of Raziel becomes its ultimate incarnation, not only having the power of its original blade but also the power of Raziel and gains soul devouring abilities, known attacks are soul blast which destroys the physical form of enemies as well as the power to blast most entities, demons, vampires and humans into steaming pieces with a touch the blade truly becomes kains weapon, in Defiance the blade is purified as is kain which argueably makes it more powerful than other soul reaver versions however this may be unlikely due to the storylines nature.

MadMel
it was called the blood reaver before the soul reaver erm

anyways, respect this guy, he owns!!

Superboy Prime
Can someone explain in detail Raziel & Kain's ordeal? I played Soul Reaver, but never finished it and I forgot most of what happened. If I memory serves me right Raziel managed to develop wings; which somewhat pissed Kain and thus lead to Raziel getting killed or something.

MadMel
actually, kain only looked pissed off..he was putting on an act for the others and wanted an excuse to turn raziel into the ugly/deformed wraith that he now is..kain wanted some way of changing history, and needed the deformed raziel to do it erm

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by MadMel
actually, kain only looked pissed off..he was putting on an act for the others and wanted an excuse to turn raziel into the ugly/deformed wraith that he now is..kain wanted some way of changing history, and needed the deformed raziel to do it erm

Mother ****er. Raziel was cool!

Violent2Dope
Is Kain HuFf1n T3h DU573r?

MadMel
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Mother ****er. Raziel was cool!
dont matter, now raz is as immortal as kain is, and is now as powerful too stick out tongue
kain was in fact, trying to find a way to save both of them, if raz lived as normal, he would have done so until nozgoth was destroyed..kain tried to fix it so that nozgoth was saved.....then he would conquer it again erm

Superboy Prime
I wouldn't like to be immortal if it means just being imprisioned in a fricking blade.

Besides...doesn't Raziel's status as a wraith already making immortal, or even more immortal than Kain?

MadMel
as immortal as kain..
they are pretty much equal in every aspect. except raz has true free will, and kain doesnt..
Srdsvk1OmB0
kain vs raz in defiance..
KhLQXcaVM0k
kain vs elder god

Burning thought
thanks for the input Madmel big grin much needed vids

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Violent2Dope

Burning thought
Originally posted by Violent2Dope

i cant translate that, please put it in proper english smile unless its spam, then ill report

Blax_Hydralisk
Kain doesn't need a thread for respect.

Burning_THought more then makesu up for it with his.. enthusiasmermm

Burning thought
ofcourse he needs one, its in here i can post information on him, if "enthusiasum" was enough Pyron wouldnt need one thats for sure wink

Blax_Hydralisk
True true.

Sado-sama
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Kain doesn't need a thread for respect.

Burning_THought more then makesu up for it with his.. enthusiasmermm l0lz0rz

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Burning thought
ofcourse he needs one, its in here i can post information on him, if "enthusiasum" was enough Pyron wouldnt need one thats for sure wink

What are you talking about!? We all know its a fact Pyron is invincible dur!

MadMel
kain knocks raziel around without really trying erm
b95x0FwP8Lw

Burning thought
hm, he knocks most around quite easily, wether its with TK or his hands. Strength is not used tho for him

IdiotGod
End of Blood Omen.
Ownage.

jykITfzFYNY

Burning thought
8aF_VoegsCw&feature=related
How did this thread get lower than first page? preposterous!

Seer Q'Anilia
That was a good video. Could've used music improvements, but good non-the-less smile

leonheartmm
ive played all the legacy of kain games. infact i was a fan and more so than any1 else i know. but burning thughts brand of "enthusiasm" have turned my like to dislike.

Burning thought
shouldnt do, since everything I say is truth and anyone who denies it ends up getting beaten in a debate along the lines anyway, you of all people should be not talking to me about brands of "enthusiasm"

leonheartmm
^only in your own head, my deluded self righteos narcissistic messiah.

Burning thought
if its in my own head then show me the reality of it please? from your point of view my ....well youve got nothing, no evidence, no debating etc etc

And the part about you being exactley what you called me isnt in just my head, Jaxx has said it as well and so has Darkstorm i think.

Blax_Hydralisk
It'd be easier to just say that both of you suck ass in debating.

There, dispute settled. 131

Burning thought
not rly because you sort of just added yourself to this dispute for saying we both suck so in a way its now 3 way to convince eachother lol

leonheartmm
actually yes, i did, u were schooled, and only with persistant, illogical replies, similar to jia did u get the LAST WORD. so to speak, still no1 beleived ur version of events. and wrong assumption after wrong assumption to sooth ur ego dont make it any truer.

blax, looks like u didnt get any hookers today amigo! stick out tongue

Burning thought
theres no assumption, ive never been schooled either, fine the thread and outline the events, otherwise its just your word against mine and in the end youve been more ridiculed for fanboyism in several threads more recently which is worse than me, and I can debate my points, show me, otherwise your just talking BS smile

Blax_Hydralisk
not rly because you sort of just added yourself to this dispute for saying we both suck so in a way its now 3 way to convince eachother lol

OH-KAY!

*Tosses off hat and strips down*

Pyron_Knight
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
It'd be easier to just say that both of you suck ass in debating.

There, dispute settled. 131

This is truth.

Diamond Kisses
Of topic much?

Blax_Hydralisk
Of the topic? No.

However, it is pretty off-topic.

Diamond Kisses
Gloat while you can mhm

Blax_Hydralisk
Don't hate. 313

DarkSerpent
kain sux
he ugly

Seer Q'Anilia
This is a respect thread, not a disrespect thread. Reported.

Besides, Kain is an awesome character. Charateristicly as well as powerwise.

DarkSerpent
power yes... but disrepeckt ishoallki raziel is a better chacter

Dark-Jaxx
She's right man. I don't like Dante or KOS-MOS(or Kains for that matter lol) but I don't post hate in their respect threads.

Peach
DarkSerpent, read the rules and do not disrupt threads like that. If you don't like a character, stay out of their thread.

DarkSerpent
Originally posted by Peach
DarkSerpent, read the rules and do not disrupt threads like that. If you don't like a character, stay out of their thread. yes maam you sexy maam

Seer Q'Anilia
Originally posted by DarkSerpent
yes maam you sexy maam

Account Restricted

HAAH!

Sorry, could not help it embarrasment KAIN FTW!

Blax_Hydralisk
banned for 0 days?

How does that work?

Seer Q'Anilia
No idea, but I like to believe I had a hand in the banning. Reported him twice for different reasons big grin By the way, we should stop occupy the Kain thread with non-Kain talk stick out tongue

Peach
Single-day ban. And I showed his stuff to Rex.

Anyway, back on topic, guys stick out tongue

leonheartmm
theres no assumption, ive never been schooled either, fine the thread and outline the events, otherwise its just your word against mine and in the end youve been more ridiculed for fanboyism in several threads more recently which is worse than me, and I can debate my points, show me, otherwise your just talking BS smile

ok repeat with me "I burning thought, am so caught up in my own delusions and wet dreams of kain that i have no interest in reality", repeat.

Seer Q'Anilia
You guys just cant let go, can you? This is not the thread to discuss such matters, nor is it of any real significance whether or not one member is hyping another character. It is all based on interpretation and personal perspective, so big deal if he looks at a character differently than you. Now leave this thread to Kain matters, and not personal disputes on how one member looks at the character.

Burning thought
shes right Leon, stop trolling my thread Kid, if you have a despute, PM me

Seer Q'Anilia
Call me crazy, but this is the best Kain tribute I have ever seen wink

E0iT7gdyD44

General Kaliero
Originally posted by leonheartmm
ok repeat with me "I burning thought, am so caught up in my own delusions and wet dreams of kain that i have no interest in reality", repeat.
The purpose of this thread is to respect the title character, not start arguments by trolling. Stop that or you will receive a warning.

Burning thought
yeh its cool Seer, theres so many tributes to it, Kain imo is certainly the most badass vampire in fiction, theres a lot of vampires but a lot of them dont have enough character imo

leonheartmm
^raziel is better. alucard is pretty cool too, so is dio. and if i didnt lik kain, i wudnt have finished every legacy of kain game there is now wud i?

its just that burningh thought's personal blend of fanboyism is insane.

Seer Q'Anilia
So?

Burning thought
Just ignore him, he couldnt debate it and hes called the same in so many threads recently, yesterday infact by so many people...

problem is Leon, finishing every LOK game doesnt mean you understand it, Estacado used to come on here and he claimed the same yet he said so many things that made it obvious he didnt have much idea on the game.

But anyway, your baiting and in a way falming at the same time, reported...again..

General Kaliero
leonhartmm, were we not just talking about this behavior? Were you not given a warning only yesterday?

As you have three warnings, the next step is a temp ban. Stop trolling and flaming, or you will be banned, got it?

Burning thought
OF1S2bo6cSg

Replacement vid for the 3rd one on page 1, it has dimentional teleportation and some nice footage.

Q'Anilia
Dimentional teleportation. Could you elaborate that move? I assume it's the one at 1:09.

Burning thought
Yes, well I assume based on the name that Kain is flicking through dimensions in quick succession and slashing his opponents, how it works I dont really know simply because Kain somehow just ends up hitting all opponents and then getting an accurate strike every time as if the power itself does all the work since obviously Kain while in another dimension or where ever he goes between the teleports could not obviously target each one.

its probably a perfect spell for army defeating. large groups or perhaps a small group of stronger foes would find it hard to track kain when hes teleporting through them at that speed, in about a second give or take he has in that vid slashed about 4/5 soldiers. combine it with all the other enchantments of the reaver and its damn powerful.

Nemesis X
Playing as Kain is far more better than playing as Raziel in Defiance.

ArtificialGlory
Has anyone ever noticed the fact that Kain is a violent neurotic who can't keep a conversation for more than a few minutes without attempting to stab someone in the face?

Burning thought
lawlz, hes more violent in his younger stages, thing is he hates humans in general so I guess he wouldn't let them live long stick out tongue

Burning thought
Kains AoE time slowing reaver spell:

-8KHYFh2C6c

6:32-6:48

Roughly reduces speed of nearby opponents by around 3-400%

Q'Anilia
It's a cool ability big grin I wouldn't quite consider it as useful in a versus as you do, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

It sure is a spell worth respecting Kain for yes

Burning thought
Hm, why would you not consider it as useful in a vs?

Q'Anilia
Because it slows him as well. If he's fighting someone significantly faster, it's going to be a disadvantage for him.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Because it slows him as well. If he's fighting someone significantly faster, it's going to be a disadvantage for him.

Yea, but he slows down others by a way much wider margin than himself.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Yea, but he slows down others by a way much wider margin than himself.

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that if someone is, say, twice the speed of him, the margin is very small, if at all. Even faster and it helps his enemies more than him.

If they are about equal at speed though, then it's going to work well in his advantage. Since I'd consider Kain roughly peak human in terms of speed, it is helpful in a good number of fights.

Burning thought
I assume you guys have not played LOk defiance? and it reduces speed by a ridiculous level to Kains opponents, gravity that would toss someone across a room in a second becomes a 4/5 second drag...

They would have to be incredibly fast to counter this....very few oppnents in games are...

besides Kain can combo this with incapaciation to slow his opponent(s) with this, then freeze them completly.

Q'Anilia
What would we learn from Defiance by playing it that the video doesn't show us?

ArtificialGlory
I assume you guys have not played LOk defiance? and it reduces speed by a ridiculous level to Kains opponents, gravity that would toss someone across a room in a second becomes a 4/5 second drag...

They would have to be incredibly fast to counter this....very few oppnents in games are...

besides Kain can combo this with incapaciation to slow his opponent(s) with this, then freeze them completly.

Someone would have to be almost twice as fast as Kain to counter it.

Burning thought
That the distorsion is what makes it look like Kain is moveing slower than he usually is, playing the game yourself you would know that Kain does not move slower when he uses the time reaver, thats pretty much his regulour gaming speed although the guys computer may lag a little. As you can imagine I know this power very well from personal experiance sort of like how you know lore warcraft very well from yours.

Out of curiousity, outline a particulour part after 6:32 where you think Kain is going slower than he usually does, because after he TKed his opponent who dragged slowly across the screen he was definatley moveing at his normal gameplay speed.

ArtificialGlory
That the distorsion is what makes it look like Kain is moveing slower than he usually is, playing the game yourself you would know that Kain does not move slower when he uses the time reaver, thats pretty much his regulour gaming speed although the guys computer may lag a little. As you can imagine I know this power very well from personal experiance sort of like how you know lore warcraft very well from yours.

Out of curiousity, outline a particulour part after 6:32 where you think Kain is going slower than he usually does, because after he TKed his opponent who dragged slowly across the screen he was definatley moveing at his normal gameplay speed.

Compare Kain's sword strikes at 6:30 and 6:35.

Q'Anilia
When Kain blocks and moves at the same time, he moves faster than when he's moving when not blocking while the time slow ability is active.
It's not the computer of the guy that's slow, since he moves fast consistantly to various occasions during the activity of the slow, as well as consistantly moves slow for other actions. Everything would be slower if it's his computer that is the problem.

If you look at 7:28, Kain moves as fast there when his guard is up as he does during the time slow ability. I dare say that is a game bug abuse, since his speed when doing that during the slow is inconsistant to his overall speed when the slow spell is activated.

To say the least, I'm not convinced. If what you say is true, then you will have to back it up with another timeslow by another person, in another video. Because in that video, I don't see it.

Once there's another video that prove your case, I'm satisfied. Right now however, the slow ability slows Kain as well. Nothing you say can change that. Only what you show can.

Burning thought
The fact the guy misses does not really help, although it must just look like hes going slower based on the fact the blur makes the outline of his sword more obvious as he slashes. At 6:39 he slashes in the air at a fairly normal speed and afterwards walks and TK's just as Kain usually does.

Well actually the description of Kains time power is that it slows the area around him and his opponents, not himself, the distorstion and a few inaccurate and inconsistent slower points in the vid is nothing to compare to Kains power slowing himself. It does not make logical sense for Kain to slow himself either.

It looks like the guys comp, the particle effects of the time slow probably making his comp slow down, then speed up a bit to catch up, its what comps usually do when they cant take something.

Q'Anilia
He IS moving slower. Then if it's the computer or what, that's another discussion, but he IS going slower. There's no denying it, no matter what effects that encase him during the period of the slow.

Burning thought
Its only a few slashes that look slower than usual, the TK from Kain and his walking up to his impaled opponent just before the time slow ends is all normal Kain speed....

Q'Anilia
His hand gesture is also slower. Compare him pulling the enemy to him with him throwing him away. The gesture is slower. As is him jumping up into the air. Everything is slower, except for when he move with his guard up, which I imagine is an abuse of a game bug, since he move with his guard up at more than one occasion.

In order to convince me otherwise, you need to get another video with timeslow.

ArtificialGlory
He really does look like he's slightly slower himself.

I really can't be bothered to actually download Defiance(does it even work on Vista?) and check out how the game engine works. As in, does low FPS causes 'choppiness'(this is the case with the majority of games) or does it literally cause the game to slow down.

Burning thought
Its all gameplay, the fact of it is Kain does not slow himself, as I said ive played it and the description of the ability backs that idea up:

http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/def/reaverkain.php

As I said, his machine is either the problem or the distorsion effect makes him appear slower as the blur of his sword swinging etc is more obvious.

Q'Anilia
He is moving slower. If it's the spell or the computer, I don't know, nor can I give a definate statement on it, but he does move slower. It's not just the effects. He DOES move slower.

Burning thought
But anywaym regardless of the faults in the vid the spell can be clearly seen in use.

Gumachi
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Playing as Kain is far more better than playing as Raziel in Defiance.

Raziel is far better than Kain. Kain doesn't even have that many powers.

Burning thought
No disrespecting Kain in his own thread, and you dont know what your talking abot. They have a similiar amount of powers in the game, at least with Kain his powers did something diffrent all the time, wheras Raziels elemental powers did similiar things...

Gumachi
I'm not disrespecting Kain...he only has 4 powers/reavers. Maybe two of their powers are the same? I'm talking about Defiance.

Burning thought
In defiance Kain has 5 and a 6th if you count the soul reaver, Raziel has 9 but apart from graphics 6 of them are pretty much the same thing. At least Kains are all unique, slowing time, lightning blast, dimentional teleport and being able to make nearby enemies fight eachother are unique. Theres ofc his balance reaver which just explodes which I admit is the same as the soul reaver but still, all of Raizels elemental attacks seem to do the same thing, e.g. the Earh reaver fires blasts of rock out of it in a small Earthquake which stuns enemies just like the frost of the ice reaver, or stuns/confuses those hit by the wind reaver.

XanatosForever
Why cap "respect" in the title? Compensating for something, BT? wink

laughing Kain's cool.

Hellspawn28
Nice thread, and the LOK games are awesome. You should do more respect threads.

Burning thought
Thanks, although most respect threads for the mainstream are already made, LOK ftw tho big grin

What games have you played in the series?

Hellspawn28
I play them all, and I would say that first SR game is my favorite, and I found Blood Omen 2 fun too. It been while since I play them all and I think the first Blood Omen is on PSN now.

MadMel
^
ugh - worst 2 in the series imo
SR2 and BO1 ftw stick out tongue

iChaos
BO2 sucked ass.

Burning thought
Its hardly the best game in the series but I still enjoyed it for its storyline.

Anyway this thread has not been updated in years so I may as well add some stuff;

The following Kain strength/durability feats will be based on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3oDJym8UNw&feature=related#t=3m29s

Math:

The Obelisk as a frustum:

These are Bloodrains figuires, I personally do not agree with the weight of the obelisk but I dont understand the calculation of frustum so I will add it here anyway.

The obelisk as a cuboid:

This number was the first Bloodrian gave for the obelisk, an average between the two above would imo probably create the most accurate number but it is not that important.

As Kain is clearly stronger than Raziel, Kain has similiar strength give or take a few tons, but more importantly his durability and how much power/pressure either of them can create.

With the above strength in mind, Kains durability is based on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jws63E9dNN8#t=2m6s

The video shows how easily Kain can manhandle Raziel, even with one arm without Raziel being able to do anything but struggle but the main import is the strikes, here is the math concering those, again there will be two calculations as there are two above based on frustum and cuboid.

Cuboid;

Frustum:

Summary;

This makes Kain both offensively powerful because as shown even Raziels inferior strength pressured through vampire claws can create millions of tons of pressure, add in Kains other offensive options and hte fact he can be quicker in strikes, has teleportion and a soul devouring sword not just claws gives him major oppertunity to defeat an opponent.

Defensively powerful becuse he can survive at least 9.7 million tons at least over a square inch without any damage at all, not even a scratch and has as stated by Raziel on vampires healing factor;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sBn9Hh5SFk&feature=related#t=3m27s

Physical wounds are fleeting and begin to heal as soon as the flesh is cleaved.

And on the Reaver, Kains primary weapon;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpZzTRiBOGc&feature=player_embedded#t=6m8s

"Wounds inflicted by my foes healed almost instantly, the Reaver had made me invincible", obviously being invincible is a fallacy although practically possible for Kain in most KMC matchups taking into account the above.

Several healing factors/devices that heal which make even the small victories in harming Kain worthless, if you can hit him at all what with mist form, phasing in BO2 and teleportation are difficult enough. I dont know the difference by percentage between bone and skin but needless to say, to do more damage than small scratches, and actually give Kain a major wound or cut through bone is going to take so vast power.

leonheartmm
actually to even have close to a right idea of what the impulse/force is on those acts, you would have to look at the physics engine used in the specific LOK games. if kain could delier 10 million tons per square inch. then he can deliver pressures of upto

10000000000 N/0.000645m squared= 15503875968992 pascals

or north of 155 trillion pascals. this is two orders of magnitude greater than the pressure at the core of our sun. if this wee true, kain coul cause nuclear fusion by simply squeezing his fists. actually this is nearer to big bang or black hole event horizon pressures.

i call BS. this thread is a wankfest of dragonball proportions.

Burning thought
I think theres a hole in your calculations , it would be the same for most video game characters anyway and the LoK physics are no different to real world when concerning calculation of damage, Kratos from GoW would likely be more, possibly Dante going at mach 15 would be able to deal similiar power if not far more etc. If you want to argue game vs math in general then go to the people who started it.

If what you say is true then kain is more powerful than I first realised. But I doubt it. Further, 9 million is the lowest figuire for Kains durability across a square inch of his skin, not his attack power. per Every square millimeter (estimation of his claw) is closer to 15,000 of tons of PSI, not millions.

This is a respect thread, if you want to complain about things or call them BS take it to PMs. Better yet, send your calculation to me in a PM.

Burning thought

The Scenario
There's one small error in your calculations.

Burning thought
Well not quite an error, although thank you for posting that. It would seem the spiritual part of the Soul reaver, e.g. raziel/wraith blade gives its user the power to defeat Kains durability and actually wound him, giving it a vast amount of power indeed especially since its area as shown was across an area far larger than the tip of Raziels claws.

At 2;53

yH0r5j4s6dA#t=3m27s

Proving that the Soul reaver not only has Kains strength and power behind it, soul devouring abilities and its other powers but can also create forces through the energy of the wraith within (Raziel) equel to splitting Kains body and creating damage to Kains body enough so for a weak Raziel (enhanced since the claw attack itself but still weak) to claw inside AND through Kains bones. My calculations on Kains bones are rough at the moment but if proportion is the same between his skin and his bones the same way human skin is to their bones, his bones are incredibly strong.

An amazing amount of power.

leonheartmm

Burning thought
Yes, what a mature and well argued case /sarcasm. Reported btw.

General Kaliero
Why are you guys debating in a respect thread?

If you don't respect Kain, ignore the thread. It's not harming you by sitting there.

leonheartmm
not debating. just pointing out obviously flawed logic/figures. i neither adressed BT nor incenced him{or referred to him}. him running to the mods for the slightest perceived insult is not my problem.

i do respect kain. but if someone was saying that captain america could armwrestle galactus, id be obliged to say that they were overstating things.

BloodRain
Kinda my figures, ah may as well post:

First off is the measurements; Kain's height is 1.9m compared to other humans in the game that I assume are 6ft/1.83m. Kain being 1.9m makes Raziel 1.75 in comparison.

Obelisks tip;
The square based pyramid tips height is equal to its lengths which are equal to Raziel's height.

V= 1/3 b2*h
V= 1/3 175^2*175
V= 1/3 30,625*175
V= 1/3 5,359,375

V= 1,786,458.33 cm3
Density = 2.6 g/cm3

1,786,458.33*2.6 = 4,644,791.66 g = 5.12tons.

Obelisks frustum body;
The base of the obelisk is 2x Raziel's height at 350cm. The height is 4x the base for 1,400cm

Pyramidal frustum volume = ⅓h(a1+a2+(√a1*a2))
h is height, a1 is area of base square and a2 is area of top square.
= (1400cm/3)*(350cm^2+175cm^2+√(350cm^2*175cm^2))
= 466.666*(122500+30625+√3751562500)
= 466.666*(122500+30625+61250)
= 466.666*214375
= 100,041,524cm3

100,041,524*2.6 = 260,107,962 g = 286.719949 tons

286.719949 ton body + 5.12 ton tip = 291.839949 tons.

But because a friend has another way of calcing it that had slightly higher results I'll use the middle ground of 300 tons.

Raziel's lifts the obelisk up to his chest, around 80% of his full body height, in 1 second.
= 1.4m/s

Joules;

Joules = (Mass*Velocity2)/ 2
= (272,155.422kg*1.4m/s^2)/ 2
= (272,155.422*2)/ 2
= 272,155.422 Joules

PSI;
Claw tip = estimate 1mm^2 = 0.04in2
= area of 0.0016in2
= 0.0032 for two claws

272,155.422 J

272,155.422 N

1N = 0.224808943 foot pound force.

272,155.422 N = 61148/0.0032 = 19108750 lb/i^2

Raziel's claw PSI = 19,108,750 lbs = 9,554.375 tons

/shrugs/ Make of it what you will.

leonheartmm
not that using actual physics is ever a good idea to work out these fictional things. but NO1 seems to be using the idea of impulse here. it isnt just pressure alone that causes damage, its IMPULSE. you can take 500 tons/square inch of pressure to your skull for 1/25th of a second. but if you took it for 1/12th of a second, you would instantly die.

p.s. i think this discussion like this thread like this POV of Kain is a dead end.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
not that using actual physics is ever a good idea to work out these fictional things. but NO1 seems to be using the idea of impulse here. it isnt just pressure alone that causes damage, its IMPULSE. you can take 500 tons/square inch of pressure to your skull for 1/25th of a second. but if you took it for 1/12th of a second, you would instantly die.

AND, the physics ENGINE used in the game is drastically different from REAL PHYSICS.

p.s. i think this discussion like this thread like this POV of Kain is a dead end.

Burning thought
Kain can take the soul reavers strikes even at his weakest and despite its power, can resist its soul devouring and force and only requires the blood of a man to restore his vitality.

gJ76I-Tvtao

At 8;29

Q'Anilia
While I find it silly that you guys use mathematics to calculate things in an as inconsistent game as LoK, I will not argue such things here. Instead I will link a video I like yes

gTJyUkbCskA

Burning thought
I think the excellent voice acting and the tones used create so much character in LoK, so atmospheric.

Burning thought
I thought I should update this thread, the previous math on the last few pages by Bloodrain and I are misleading since they are using a calculation that calculates work done or joules, not actual pressures or impacts.

The following are Kains stats;

Sorry to double post but this is what Morridini and I have come up with so far;

At first I thought you just turned the Newtons 1.868MN into mass (100g=1N?) but Morridini pointed out this was simply in relation to gravity and pointed out I was better off just adding the force shown previously to the force created by Raziels body moving at speed.

Just to be clear, the number 0.000002064512 meters squared is the estimated area of Raziels two very claw tips on games vs, 0.0032 inches squared or 2mm squared. Pressure = force/area in meters squared so I made sure all the measurements were correct as I understood.

-------------------------------Raziels weight+MN force (Morridinis formula)-------------------------

previous known force; 1868000 Newtons

Raziels rough weightx acceleration= mass; 72.5747792 kg x 50 acceleration= 3628.73896 N

This force added to previous force= 1871628.73896 N

Pressure;

1871628.73896N/ 0.000002064512 (meters squared)= 906571983577.71715543431086862174 pascals. Equivalent to 9065719.835777171 bar (roughly 9 million, equivelant to almost 3x the Earths core pressure per 0.0032 inch squared. Also equel to 65 743.5776 tons per 0.0032 inch squared.

-------Square inches-------

There are 322.58 ,0.0032 inches squared (or 2mm squared) in a square inch. Therefore, 9065719.835777171 bar x 322.58 means Kain has 2924419904.62499982118 bar (2.9 billion bar, roughply 800 times the earths core pressure) of resistance to pressure per square inch. Or 21207563 tons (21.2 million tons) per square inch of force.

------Square meter----------

How many 0.0032 inch squared are there in 1 full square meter? = 1 550.0031 (square inches in a meter)/0.0032= 484375.96875, 0.0032's

Over a square meter? = 9065719.835777171 bar x 484375.96875= 4.3 trillion bar per square meter. A square meter of Kains top skin layer can take pressures equel to 17.5 times the suns core pressure. Equel to 32871788393.4453 tons (32.8 billion tons) per square meter.

The math was re-calculated by Dadumon and Morridini, please visit the math thread for the calculation until I copy and paste them all up here.

cool_ghost
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
While I find it silly that you guys use mathematics to calculate things in an as inconsistent game as LoK, I will not argue such things here. Instead I will link a video I like yes

gTJyUkbCskA

thumb up

Burning thought
Some interesting info;

If Kain wanted to throw his sword with his strength, assuming he only has equel strength to Raziel, he would get the following;

Force= 1871628.73896

Mass= 2kg (of the soul reaver, mathed as a claymore, arguably slightly ligher or heavier but the difference is minimal)

Acceleration= force/mass

Kain could throw his sword based on this at over Mach 2k, greater than the required speed to reach escape velocity of the sun. So while Kain is tanking the suns core pressures and while the heat and other factors have taken a day off, he can also toss his sword out of it i he so wished.

So kain throwing the reaver would pretty much be an instant soul devour on pretty much anyone who cant dodge super hypersonic speeds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.