The Obscure Tourney

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ok The rules are very simple.

You can only pick character's who've never had thier own series, and who have appeared less than 50 times in the last 2 years.

You must have 3 Highmeta-Mid Herald lvl characters who's abilities must not over lap in any way other than Strength and durability.

I don't know if anyone would be intersted in this type of tourney, But I'm hoping to get a time limit on it so that It doesn't last too long for each Round.

Now each team will consist of Three posters and each poster must represent only one of the obscure characters.

If you are intersted in being on a team then please let me know in this thread.

I'm only looking for 5 teams and 3 judges. I prefer the Elitist or the trinity to volunteer to judge. i can trust that they will be evil to everyone equally. smile And they know alot about comics.

I'd also like to whittle down the teams by a death of a character each round. To be voted on by the judges as to which character would get killed in the rounds, which will all be bloodlusted.

Bransolute
Not going to happen... me thinks. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Bransolute
Not going to happen... me thinks. smile
your prolly right. But it's a cool idea. I get tired of Superman and Thor and surfer and GL all of the time.

batdude123
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
your prolly right. But it's a cool idea. I get tired of Superman and Thor and surfer and GL all of the time.

No you don't.

King Kandy
What if they were a character who only appeared in someone elses miniseries, or they were in a miniseries that didn't have any particular main character?

tjcoady
oh! I LOVE obscure characters. they're the only kind I make versus threads about. I'd be down, if more people are joining.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
What if they were a character who only appeared in someone elses miniseries, or they were in a miniseries that didn't have any particular main character?
They would be admissable.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by tjcoady
oh! I LOVE obscure characters. they're the only kind I make versus threads about. I'd be down, if more people are joining.

well get the movement going. I'd love to see mungi beat everyone to hoy hell with machine man lol. Or one of those alpha flight guys. or someoen who knows Gl's really well come in and wreck shop with an obscure GL.

Gecko4lif
Ill make a attempt lol

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ok So if you'd like to make a go of it, then Please sign up, if we can't get three to a team, we can do two to a team, Or I can modify the rules so that one person can pick all three characters. PM me with your picks and I'll make sure they fit into all catagories

Bransolute
your prolly right. But it's a cool idea. I get tired of Superman and Thor and surfer and GL all of the time. More of the fact that three tournies are running at the same time... no expression

King Kandy
They would be admissable.
I'm going to rock this!

nvrbeenwthagirl
More of the fact that three tournies are running at the same time... no expression

True, But It will take some time for people to come up with that many cool obscure characters. So I was figuring this one wouldn't get off the ground for a bit. Research is going to be a ***** to have enough to post for an obscure character. You gotta find old showings, try to prove points by using other characters, ect.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ok so far we have

TJ
KK
Gecko

tjcoady
I'm going to rock this!

team up? my obscure character is both pretty damn obscure and pretty damn unbeatable.

King Kandy
team up? my obscure character is both pretty damn obscure and pretty damn unbeatable.
Sounds good. Mines lethal.

Bransolute
What if someone used Wonder Woman, or Martian Manhunter?

nvrbeenwthagirl
What if someone used Wonder Woman, or Martian Manhunter.
Wonder Woman is inadmissable. She has her own series. Manhunter might have more than 50 appearances. I have to check. He may or may not be admissible. Wonder Woman can't do it.

King Kandy
Wonder Woman is inadmissable. She has her own series. Manhunter might have more than 50 appearances. I have to check. He may or may not be admissible. Wonder Woman can't do it.
This is for obscure characters. MM is not obscure at all, he should be banned on principal alone.

batdude123
Manhunter might have more than 50 appearances.

Of course he does. no expression

nvrbeenwthagirl
This is for obscure characters. MM is not obscure at all, he should be banned on principal alone.
Yes. That is true. His jobber aura is so great tho lol, I doubt anyone will seriously wanna risk using him.

Bransolute
Wonder Woman is inadmissable. She has her own series. Manhunter might have more than 50 appearances. I have to check. He may or may not be admissible. Wonder Woman can't do it. They are both obscure... I mean, a woman fighting crime? Lol.

Plus, MM is only brought in to lose in most cases.

tjcoady
They are both obscure... I mean, a woman fighting crime? Lol.

Plus, MM is only brought in to lose in most cases.

He had his own series, which disqualifies him. Plus, in that series, he kicked all kinds of ass.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He had his own series, which disqualifies him. Plus, in that series, he kicked all kinds of ass.

It was a mini Series. So I'd have to say that it's admissable but counting the series, he's prolly had over 50 appearances anyway, counting his series, the JLA, ect.

Gecko4lif
gambit every have his own series?

If he did can you pm it to me

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
gambit every have his own series?

If he did can you pm it to me

You don't wanna give away your ideas in the thread just yet. But gambit did have a mini a couple times if My pocket remembers. Not sure tho. Been along time since he was actually popular. marvel surely drug him into the obscure halls.

Gecko4lif
You don't wanna give away your ideas in the thread just yet. But gambit did have a mini a couple times if My pocket remembers. Not sure tho. Been along time since he was actually popular. marvel surely drug him into the obscure halls.
My ideas are much bigger trust me lol

Gambit just happens to be on my fanboy list

1. Darkseid
2. Superboy prime
3. Gambit
4. Carnage
5. Psylocke
6. Thor
7. Namor
8. The Fash
9. Black adam
10. Thanos (yes i am a fanboy, im just not stupid)

and do mini's count as a series?

I mean it isnt like The flash

nvrbeenwthagirl
My ideas are much bigger trust me lol

Gambit just happens to be on my fanboy list

1. Darkseid
2. Superboy prime
3. Gambit
4. Carnage
5. Psylocke
6. Thor
7. Namor
8. The Fash
9. Black adam
10. Thanos (yes i am a fanboy, im just not stupid)

and do mini's count as a series?

I mean it isnt like The flash

A namor fanboy? good lord. big grin mini's do not count, but it will prolly push your character over 50 if it was within the last 2 years anyway.

Bransolute
Would Bi-Beast be allowed?
What about Wendigo?
Abomination?
Leader?
Ravage?
Maestro?
Sandman?
Blob?
Atom Smasher?
Vengeance?
Ulik?
Zzaxx?
Radioactive Man?
Batman 1 Million?
Northstar?
Mr Sinister?
Etc?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Would Bi-Beast be allowed?
What about Wendigo?
Abomination?
Leader?
Ravage?
Maestro?
Sandman?
Blob?
Atom Smasher?
Vengeance?
Ulik?
Zzaxx?
Radioactive Man?
Batman 1 Million?
Northstar?
Mr Sinister?
Etc?
Any and all of the would be allowed if they haven't had thier own regular monthly, aren't over mid herald or below high meta, and have less than 50 appearances within the last two years. tho Who would want to use some of them is beyond me unless they had good teamates to push thier powers further.

Bransolute
So... what about Doom? Apocalypse? Magneto?

nvrbeenwthagirl

I won't allow them. They aren't obscure enough for my taste. As a matter of fact, anyone with a respect thread that has more than 3 pages can't be in it.

Gecko4lif
Doom - yes ( i think)
Apoc no
Magneto... dunno

Bransolute
I won't allow them. They aren't obscure enough for my taste. As a matter of fact, anyone with a respect thread that has more than 3 pages can't be in it. And what if it's 3 pages of spam?

What about Exodus? Absorbing Man? Etrigan? Foom? Enchantress? Grodd? Starhawk? Captain Rectitude? Drax? Lunatik? Jack of Hearts? Air Walker? Animal Man? Selene? DOS Doomsday?

Doom - yes ( i think)
Apoc no
Magneto... dunno How is Doom a possible yes, when Apoc is a no, and Mags is a dunno?

nvrbeenwthagirl
And what if it's 3 pages of spam?

What about Exodus? Absorbing Man? Etrigan? Foom? Enchantress? Grodd? Starhawk? Captain Rectitude? Drax? Lunatik? Jack of Hearts? Air Walker? Animal Man? Selene? DOS Doomsday?

Doomsday has too many other forms. Absorbing Man would be allowed but likely won't be used, he's pretty stupid. no enchantress, No mysticks allowed. All the rest are ok. except Captain rectitude. I have no ****ing clue who that is.

Bransolute
Doomsday has too many other forms. Absorbing Man would be allowed but likely won't be used, he's pretty stupid. no enchantress, No mysticks allowed. All the rest are ok. I'm only talking about DOS Doomsday.

Hmm... interesting... I can see a couple smart people absolutely crushing this tourney... since the list of those two levels are pretty iffy... at best.
I won't say anymore though. smile

Gecko4lif
And what if it's 3 pages of spam?

How is Doom a possible yes, when Apoc is a no, and Mags is a dunno?

im unsure of the number of doom and mag appearances but apoc had his own series

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm only talking about DOS Doomsday.

Hmm... interesting... I can see a couple smart people absolutely crushing this tourney... since the list of those two levels are pretty iffy... at best.
I won't say anymore though. smile
DD can't be used in any form. It gets too confusing between versions.

Bransolute
im unsure of the number of doom and mag appearances but apoc had his own series Isn't it just a mini?

DD can't be used in any form. It gets too confusing between versions. Not really... since DOS Doomsday is the Doomsday from DOS.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Isn't it just a mini?

Not really... since DOS Doomsday is the Doomsday from DOS.

He still trashed The JLA and managed to kill Superman. He could be considered Border line. you make me think. I'm gonna drop the tier down another level to just highmeta-Low herald.

Bransolute
He still trashed The JLA and managed to kill Superman. He could be considered Border line. you make me think. I'm gonna drop the tier down another level to just highmeta-Low herald. The JLA wasn't too impressive back then.

DOS Doomsday is in Low Herald...

nvrbeenwthagirl
The JLA wasn't too impressive back then.

DOS Doomsday is in Low Herald...

Yeah well, Then I'd have to abide by my own rules and let him in.

Bransolute
Yeah well, Then I'd have to abide by my own rules and let him in. What about Bi-Beast?
He has beaten Hulk almost every time...

And... HULK KILLER HUMONOID!!!?

nvrbeenwthagirl
What about Bi-Beast?
He has beaten Hulk almost every time...

But he's only beaten certain versions of the hulk. Never current WWH. certain versions of the hulk aren't that hard to beat.

Bransolute
But he's only beaten certain versions of the hulk. Never current WWH. certain versions of the hulk aren't that hard to beat. Savage Hulk is pretty tough...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Savage Hulk is pretty tough...

Maybe. Bi Beast is ok by the rules. Limited character tho. Not sure anyone would really pick him anyway.

Val
Not trying to be a dick in anyway here but this would never make it past the draft period. Tournies are always filled people spewing lies and twisted information to get a character ok'd. This would be even worse with the loose rules.

Bransolute
Maybe. Bi Beast is ok by the rules. Limited character tho. Not sure anyone would really pick him anyway. Perhaps... but it's the raw strength that comes into play.

Also, what about Trauma? Leader? Modok?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Val
Not trying to be a dick in anyway here but this would never make it past the draft period. Tournies are always filled people spewing lies and twisted information to get a character ok'd. This would be even worse with the loose rules.

Well, That is why I asked the elite to judge. They could actually rule on characters. To which they seem much more adept at catching. Plus the rules can be modified. I'm not looking for this to even start building up until well into Ill's tourney.

Val
Who are the Elite and Trinity?

Gecko4lif
Perhaps... but it's the raw strength that comes into play.

Also, what about Trauma? Leader? Modok?

omfg

Modok hasnt appeared in what? 5 years?

Leaders been gone for like a decade

nvrbeenwthagirl
omfg

Leaders been gone for like a decade modok was just in a comic where the living laser was like uber or something.

Bransolute
omfg

Leaders been gone for like a decade Modok appeared like... a week ago...

Hell, he had his own team...

Didn't Leader make a brief appearance in the last WWH?

Plus, you actually have to appear in these two years?

Also, what about Blastaar? Living Laser? Kang? Power Girl? Nimrod? Holocaust? Pitt?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Val
Who are the Elite and Trinity?
The Trinity of Evil, Bran, Master, and Soljer

The Elitist

You
Smurph
batdude
and various others who escape me right now.

Soljer
The elitists used to include Bran and myself. How we got into the 'trinity' in the place of Quanchi and Air legend, I dunno. Make up your mind Nvr.

Oh, and I really don't see this happening.

Bransolute
Mongul?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
The elitists used to include Bran and myself. How we got into the 'trinity' in the place of Quanchi and Air legend, I dunno. Make up your mind Nvr.

Oh, and I really don't see this happening.
Quan and air were never in the trinity. niether have my respect. and maybe maybe not. I've gotten a few pm's in addition to the guys who have posted in the thread. my count has 8 already.

Laminator_X
well get the movement going. I'd love to see mungi beat everyone to hoy hell with machine man lol. Or one of those alpha flight guys. or someoen who knows Gl's really well come in and wreck shop with an obscure GL.

You mean like Sodam-Yat?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Laminator_X
You mean like Sodam-Yat?

He's not low herald. he's a daxamite for goodness sakes,with a Gl ring.

nvrbeenwthagirl
bump

psycho gundam
looks like fun, if only nvr was a round to steer it.....detective

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.