Post Break-Up Tips

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
Any suggestions on how to ease the pain, so to speak?

Blight
Bluntness. Oh wait... Ease pain or make sure it's over? Because you can almost never have both.

The Grey Fox
Read a good book thumb up

Trust me, it can help

Neo_Version 7
Well, the thing is, I hate the feeling that I've invested so much time in the relationship and now it's over, you know what I mean?

Crazy.

Toku King
Tell them the truth, but try to tell them that if they really do care, they will understand your choice.
Try to be friends afterwards, as well. But never ever say "it's not you, it's me".

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Well, the thing is, I hate the feeling that I've invested so much time in the relationship and now it's over, you know what I mean?

Crazy.

I know how that feels too. For the first steps of dealing with it, it's a good idea to forget about it as much as you can. Then, once you think you're ready to deal with it properly, you do. Talk to family as well, that works thumb up

Reverend Axel
Any suggestions on how to ease the pain, so to speak? Hang out with friends, they know how to make you feel good about yourself. Even if it is making a joke out of the situation.

Blight

Crazy. That's exactly how I felt with my last relationship. I also hated the fact that I Really came to love her family too. But that happens, and you'll go through it again.

Itzak
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Read a good book thumb up

Trust me, it can help

*reads a Business Management book*

Girlfriend: What are you trying to say?

Me: I'm trying to say that we're making a cut back, our relationship isn't making enough as it is, someone has to be laid off... you're fired!

Yeah, that does help...

At least I didn't read the bible. no expression

the welsh one
laughing out loud

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Itzak

Me: I'm trying to say that we're making a cut back, our relationship isn't making enough as it is, someone has to be laid off... you're fired!

Yeah, that does help...

lawl you know what I mean, a fiction book 131

Neo_Version 7
Yeah. I mean, I just hate the fact that people older than me say "You got plenty of time to settle down" (i'm 18). They say things like, "I've been through that too. We all have." "Lots of girls out there."

I know what they're trying to do when they say things like that, but it doesn't help does it? It just makes you feel insignificant because you thought to yourself, "I'm experiencing something special. I'm one of the few who won't need to date around for 10 years to find the girl I want to marry because here she is."

Messed-up that.

Itzak
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
lawl you know what I mean, a fiction book 131

*Goes to read the bible* vin

Neo_Version 7

Yeah, that does help...

I don't even find anything Business-related funny (The Office and Dilbert notwithstanding), but that bit has cheered me up.

Blight
Yeah. I mean, I just hate the fact that people older than me say "You got plenty of time to settle down" (i'm 18). They say things like, "I've been through that too. We all have." "Lots of girls out there."

I know what they're trying to do when they say things like that, but it doesn't help does it? It just makes you feel insignificant because you thought to yourself, "I'm experiencing something special. I'm one of the few who won't need to date around for 10 years to find the girl I want to marry because here she is."

Messed-up that. Unfortunately they're right though erm

And even YOU might say the same thing to someone in the future stick out tongue

The Grey Fox
*Goes to read the bible* vin
lawl good one shocklaugh

Messed-up that.

I hate tho old 'plenty more fish in the sea' rope that girls always throw at people. It depresses me. sad

Still, the people here have some good ideas, I'm sure we can help you big grin

Itzak

Messed-up that.

I absolutely agree.

Neo_Version 7
Yeah, it's definitely cliche but like you said, I wouldn't completely rule out saying that to someone younger in the future.

Well, here's the thing. I have to ask. On TV, you see all these characters who are "players" (i.e. Barney from How I Met Your Mother, Joey from Friends). How do these characters get so emotionally detached from women? I admire their lack of emotional involvement with women but how does someone end up like that. Or is it a work of fiction like the shows themselves?

Blight
Yeah, it's definitely cliche but like you said, I wouldn't completely rule out saying that to someone younger in the future.

Well, here's the thing. I have to ask. On TV, you see all these characters who are "players" (i.e. Barney from How I Met Your Mother, Joey from Friends). How do these characters get so emotionally detached from women? I admire their lack of emotional involvement with women but how does someone end up like that. Or is it a work of fiction like the shows themselves? No there are real people like that. Some of them are probably born with it whereas others got hurt enough to become like it. Some might have a very bad past (or maybe very good?) and just turn into that. I could never do that, I like being romantic.

Bloigen

Shoot them in the kneecap then scream at them, "YOU WANT THIS TO HAPPEN AGAIN MOTHER****ER?" then run away shooting into the air.

Blight
Originally posted by Bloigen
Shoot them in the kneecap then scream at them, "YOU WANT THIS TO HAPPEN AGAIN MOTHER****ER?" then run away shooting into the air. you should laugh hysterically while doing so.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Blight
you should laugh hysterically while doing so.

Don't be so stupid. Try and help her for once.

Blight
Don't be so stupid. Try and help her for once. Says the guy that called a girl a vagina... no expression

Rogue Jedi
That's exactly how I felt with my last relationship. I also hated the fact that I Really came to love her family too. But that happens, and you'll go through it again. ye, that sux. The mom loved the hell outta me, but when my ex split, I became expendable. Haven't heard from the Mom since.

Blight
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
ye, that sux. The mom loved the hell outta me, but when my ex split, I became expendable. Haven't heard from the Mom since. Ich Auch. It's really quite lame. Especially since MY mom keeps in contact with my ex.

Bloigen
Says the guy that called a girl a vagina... no expression

She had it coming, also, before you say it, she obviously threw herself off the building.

Rogue Jedi
Ich Auch. It's really quite lame. Especially since MY mom keeps in contact with my ex. no worries here. It's THEIR loss. I prefer to associate myself with a better class of people.

Blight
She had it coming, also, before you say it, she obviously threw herself off the building. Uhhhhh huh uhuhOriginally posted by Rogue Jedi
no worries here. It's THEIR loss. I prefer to associate myself with a better class of people. Agreed.

Bloigen
Uhhhhh huh uhuh.

herbeyes

herbjedi

The Grey Fox
zomg herb

Neo_Version 7
I hear all this talk about throwing away pictures and deleting IMs. And not calling. But I still have pics of her, and some messages. And I call her every other week. I don't see what's so bad about it. Hearing that she was seeing someone else recently though has lead me to remove the picture of her.

So, get rid of the memories or keep holding on?

The Grey Fox
hold on for now

the important part of that is the words for now

Blight
I hear all this talk about throwing away pictures and deleting IMs. And not calling. But I still have pics of her, and some messages. And I call her every other week. I don't see what's so bad about it. Hearing that she was seeing someone else recently though has lead me to remove the picture of her.

So, get rid of the memories or keep holding on? My ex and I broke up in June and I didn't take her pictures away until about 2 weeks ago.. so yeah, you can keep them for now.

Rogue Jedi

So, get rid of the memories or keep holding on? move on, man. It's unhealthy to hold on. I bet she's not holding on, is she?

depends why you broke up in the first place.

Neo_Version 7
Yeah. But what's the limit? Just seeing her face everyday makes me happy. And I can't not think about her. I don't know what it is. If I could learn to be emotionally-detached like these "players" I'm guessing it would do me a lot of help.

Blight
Yeah. But what's the limit? Just seeing her face everyday makes me happy. And I can't not think about her. I don't know what it is. If I could learn to be emotionally-detached like these "players" I'm guessing it would do me a lot of help. Then you need to throw that shit away, dude.

Neo_Version 7
move on, man. It's unhealthy to hold on. I bet she's not holding on, is she?

depends why you broke up in the first place.

Yeah, well I moved to Montreal for college. She's stuck in Athens. I'll be going back every year but I guess it's proved too hard for her.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, well I moved to Montreal for college. She's stuck in Athens. I'll be going back every year but I guess it's proved too hard for her. well, in that situation it's understandable to hold on.

Neo_Version 7
well, in that situation it's understandable to hold on.

I'm guessing understandable but not advisable.

Rogue Jedi
I'm guessing understandable but not advisable. right on.

Neo_Version 7
It's hard as hell though, man. It's almost as if I never want to get with another girl ever again to avoid getting hurt like this again. But it's stange that I still find girls attractive. How to deal? How to deal?

Rogue Jedi
It's hard as hell though, man. It's almost as if I never want to get with another girl ever again to avoid getting hurt like this again. But it's stange that I still find girls attractive. How to deal? How to deal? why not move her there with you?

Neo_Version 7
why not move her there with you?

Well, she's in the middle of her last year of high school so I'm not sure about that.

In a perfect world, I'd ask her to live here but considering she's seeing someone else at the moment, odds aren't really in my favor. And I've seen the guy. He's funny, I'll give him that. He can beatbox, fine. Can pull off some bad-ass skate tricks, great. But he's not a looker, man. I don't mean to be all judgmental about it so I blame my subconscious.

Rogue Jedi
Well, she's in the middle of her last year of high school so I'm not sure about that.

In a perfect world, I'd ask her to live here but considering she's seeing someone else at the moment, odds aren't really in my favor. And I've seen the guy. He's funny, I'll give him that. He can beatbox, fine. Can pull off some bad-ass skate tricks, great. But he's not a looker, man. I don't mean to be all judgmental about it so I blame my subconscious. move on then.

Neo_Version 7
move on then.

Yeah, I know. Thanks for helping me out, RJ. I know I shouldn't be moping around. I guess I just needed to talk to someone.

Punkyhermy

Messed-up that.

awww i'm sorry.sad

*hugs*

there are relationships that you know are "doomed", while getting in.and then there are those which you expect to last but don't. the pain of the latter is obviously greater because you never meant for it to end. duh.

i haven't been through the situation but can empathically understand.erm

and nothing either of us or anyone else say now will reverse the demise of that relationship. but i'll throw the king of all cliches at you; you learned so much. now you will most likely be able to know what kind of girl isn't the right one to commit to fully. you will know better than to expect serious consequences from a youthfull romance. and many more that you i'm sure are privately aware ofstick out tongue

so keep your head up. grieve. but don't let it suck life out of you.smile

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
awww i'm sorry.sad

*hugs*

there are relationships that you know are "doomed", while getting in.and then there are those which you expect to last but don't. the pain of the latter is obviously greater because you never meant for it to end. duh.

i haven't been through the situation but can empathically understand.erm

and nothing either of us or anyone else say now will reverse the demise of that relationship. but i'll throw the king of all cliches at you; you learned so much. now you will most likely be able to know what kind of girl isn't the right one to commit to fully. you will know better than to expect serious consequences from a youthfull romance. and many more that you i'm sure are privately aware ofstick out tongue

so keep your head up. grieve. but don't let it suck life out of you.smile

Hey, thanks Punky. See, now that's the way to console someone who's been hurt with this sh*t. And it's ironic that you haven't even been in this situation yet know what to say to not appear overtly condescending.

What do you suggest I do if I ever see her again when I stop by to vacation in Athens in a few months. Should I avoid her altogether?

Mr. Bacon
Hey, thanks Punky. See, now that's the way to console someone who's been hurt with this sh*t. And it's ironic that you haven't even been in this situation yet know what to say to not appear overtly condescending.

What do you suggest I do if I ever see her again when I stop by to vacation in Athens in a few months. Should I avoid her altogether?
i wouldnt avoid her, when i broke up with my ex i didnt associate with her for a while but once you get over it you realized or at least i did that it was stupid to ignore her. if nothing major happened between you then id say maybe see hi to her at least, but i wouldnt decide now, wait until the time draws nearer and see how you feel about it.

Punkyhermy

smile

haha no i haven't been yetstick out tongue

hmm. no!

don't indulge in silly and immature expected post breakup antics like that. before she was your gf, she was a friend at least i guess? and if not she was a person. so treat her like you would any other person. if you happen to stumble into her, be amiable. exchange the how are yous? wish her well and part ways.

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
i wouldnt avoid her, when i broke up with my ex i didnt associate with her for a while but once you get over it you realized or at least i did that it was stupid to ignore her. if nothing major happened between you then id say maybe see hi to her at least, but i wouldnt decide now, wait until the time draws nearer and see how you feel about it.

I see what you what you mean. Wouldn't want to make any rash decisions. It's just that back home, we all run in similar circles so it would be a little difficult knowing where she could be when she's just around the corner, you know what I'm saying?

Mr. Bacon
I see what you what you mean. Wouldn't want to make any rash decisions. It's just that back home, we all run in similar circles so it would be a little difficult knowing where she could be when she's just around the corner, you know what I'm saying?
yea i see, well i wouldnt try to avoid her. if you happen to run into her so be it. but by all means dont feel liek you have to make it a priority if you dont want to.

Neo_Version 7
smile

haha no i haven't been yetstick out tongue

hmm. no!

don't indulge in silly and immature expected post breakup antics like that. before she was your gf, she was a friend at least i guess? and if not she was a person. so treat her like you would any other person. if you happen to stumble into her, be amiable. exchange the how are yous? wish her well and part ways.

Again, some great points. When I mean avoid though, I don't necessarily mean down-right ignore. I just mean, I won't go around making plans with her and her posse. She was one of my best friends so saying hi when I run into her would just be like a reflex.

Punkyhermy
Again, some great points. When I mean avoid though, I don't necessarily mean down-right ignore. I just mean, I won't go around making plans with her and her posse. She was one of my best friends so saying hi when I run into her would just be like a reflex.

ahhh...hmm i see...

well that falls into mr. bacon's territory i believe. so i guess he'll know better than i in dealing with ex-gfs who were once best friends.

but what i can suggest is...just be normal. since you;re away at college now. at least you have time to get used to being without her. so when you get back, the scene will already have changed some, in whatever way there is. so your status as an ex-couple to people would seem like just another change. no big deal is what i'm trying to say. don't go out of your way to avoid her...but i don't think you guys will go back to being best friends... confused

Baylin

The only cure I've found it time. Breaking up hurts, and time heals all if you let it. Go out have some fun with your friends, drink some beer, eat some good food, pull a couple of floosies and before you know it the pain will be a distant memory! yes

Mr. Bacon
ahhh...hmm i see...

well that falls into mr. bacon's territory i believe. so i guess he'll know better than i in dealing with ex-gfs who were once best friends.

but what i can suggest is...just be normal. since you;re away at college now. at least you have time to get used to being without her. so when you get back, the scene will already have changed some, in whatever way there is. so your status as an ex-couple to people would seem like just another change. no big deal is what i'm trying to say. don't go out of your way to avoid her...but i don't think you guys will go back to being best friends... confused
mhm yes

im not by any means great friends with my ex, but i hang out with her once in a while and its nice to remember the past and the fun you had. that works for me, i dont know what it will do for you. but id say just go by feel if you dont feel ready to see her or anything dont. but if she suggests doing something as friends and you want to try to stay friends go for it, it worked before yes

Neo_Version 7
ahhh...hmm i see...

Well, I still occasionally give her a call to see how she's doing. Every other week being the case. And we communicate via our Friendster profiles as well.
Bottom line is, she was once a big part of my life, I can't see her being shut out of it completely.

Baylin
mhm yes

im not by any means great friends with my ex, but i hang out with her once in a while and its nice to remember the past and the fun you had. that works for me, i dont know what it will do for you. but id say just go by feel if you dont feel ready to see her or anything dont. but if she suggests doing something as friends and you want to try to stay friends go for it, it worked before yes

well said. remaining friends can work. I'm still very good friends with my ex-wife. We went to others second marriages and we hang out and have a laugh when ever we can. Tis a good thing! happy

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by Baylin
well said. remaining friends can work. I'm still very good friends with my ex-wife. We went to others second marriages and we hang out and have a laugh when ever we can. Tis a good thing! happy

I just don't know if I have the strength to not let my harbored feelings manifest itself if I ever see her again.
I'm not as seasoned as all you experts, goddamn. I need some growing up to do.

Mr. Bacon
I just don't know if I have the strength to not let my harbored feelings manifest itself if I ever see her again.
well its situation as well, from this i gather that you still like her and she broke up with you?

Punkyhermy
Well, I still occasionally give her a call to see how she's doing. Every other week being the case. And we communicate via our Friendster profiles as well.
Bottom line is, she was once a big part of my life, I can't see her being shut out of it completely.

aww yeah...i see.erm

see thats the part about the dating game that i don't get. you pick a person. make them the biggest part of your life. and then are expected to chuck them out. just like that. and when you display signs in having difficulty doing that. you're looked upon weirdly.

people aren't designed to just tear someone they are emotionally attached to away. its kinda like being asked to tear your arm or leg away in a way.

so when i figure that out. i'll get back to youstick out tongue

just realize that you don't have to do anything. i know there are expectations. everyone you talk to wants you to be over her in a second. understand that you aren't designed to get "over" people you deemed so important just.like.that. regardless of what society says.

take your time.

and one day you will wake up all smiles and happy becaues of another girl.smile

Mr. Bacon
^ yes

its not going to happen over night, time is the best healing agent yes
you ust eventually have to accept that if it didnt work out its not meant to be and that you have to move on with your life.

Baylin

Well like I said before it takes time. Nothing is a quick fix in these circumstances. I have a very good and dear friend here at KMC. When things didn't work out for us it was months before I was able to come to terms with it enough to come back and make good with this said person. I could have left it for good but now that I've resolved things within my self I'm able to enjoy a good friendship with someone I respect and love very much, I'm also very glad I did it too!

Rogue Jedi
it all boils down to what happened at the point of the break up. was there betrayal? was it a mutual decision? everyone has thier own stories to tell.

Baylin
it all boils down to what happened at the point of the break up. was there betrayal? was it a mutual decision? everyone has thier own stories to tell...

...and often with some strong points of view!

Neo_Version 7
well its situation as well, from this i gather that you still like her and she broke up with you?

Well, we've been broken up for almost 5 months now and all these "feelings" are coming back because I just heard this morning that she was seeing someone else. Wasn't expecting it, man. Was not expecting it.

Punkyhermy
Well, we've been broken up for almost 5 months now and all these "feelings" are coming back because I just heard this morning that she was seeing someone else. Wasn't expecting it, man. Was not expecting it.

thats jealously.

its completely normal.stick out tongue

*hugs*

aww i'm sure this is such a pain in the ass yes?stick out tongue

Mr. Bacon
ah i see, i know what you mean somewhat since my ex started dating someone else like a week after we broke up, it hurts at first but eventually you come to terms with it, the feelings will happen especially if you had a close relationship with her, its always going to be a part of your past, you just have to learn to live with it

Neo_Version 7
aww yeah...i see.erm

see thats the part about the dating game that i don't get. you pick a person. make them the biggest part of your life. and then are expected to chuck them out. just like that. and when you display signs in having difficulty doing that. you're looked upon weirdly.

people aren't designed to just tear someone they are emotionally attached to away. its kinda like being asked to tear your arm or leg away in a way.

so when i figure that out. i'll get back to youstick out tongue

just realize that you don't have to do anything. i know there are expectations. everyone you talk to wants you to be over her in a second. understand that you aren't designed to get "over" people you deemed so important just.like.that. regardless of what society says.

take your time.

and one day you will wake up all smiles and happy becaues of another girl.smile

That's the thing. I don't even think I want to be in another relationship again just so I don't run the risk of wasting my time, so to speak.
Going through the lines with this relationship business is just not my stlye.

Mr. Bacon
That's the thing. I don't even think I want to be in another relationship again just so I don't run the risk of wasting my time, so to speak.
Going through the lines with this relationship business is just not my stlye.
take some time off then, its not a crime to be single and live your life for now. wait until you know youre ready

Neo_Version 7
thats jealously.

its completely normal.stick out tongue

*hugs*

aww i'm sure this is such a pain in the ass yes?stick out tongue

*hugs back*

No, it's fine. I just don't members here to think I'm some EMO kid.

Mr. Bacon
*hugs back*

No, it's fine. I just don't members here to think I'm some EMO kid.
haha no not at all, everyone becomes emotional at some point. if you werent you wouldnt be human

Neo_Version 7
ah i see, i know what you mean somewhat since my ex started dating someone else like a week after we broke up, it hurts at first but eventually you come to terms with it, the feelings will happen especially if you had a close relationship with her, its always going to be a part of your past, you just have to learn to live with it

Oh, I feel for you. A week? That's f*cked-up. She was probably planning that sh*t since the beginning.
Learning to live it. Another one of those. (;
Jealousy, man. It's a *****.

Mr. Bacon
Oh, I feel for you. A week? That's f*cked-up. She was probably planning that sh*t since the beginning.
Learning to live it. Another one of those. (;
Jealousy, man. It's a *****.
yea it sucked since i still liked her at the time

but life goes on and now two years later im glad it didnt go further, how things change with time, and i think they will for you too

Neo_Version 7
haha no not at all, everyone becomes emotional at some point. if you werent you wouldnt be human

Goddamn. KMC has gotten so much friendlier over the past few months. Appreciate the words.

Punkyhermy
take some time off then, its not a crime to be single and live your life for now. wait until you know youre ready

mhmm. i agreee Neo.

look. stop for a second. and listen.

you don't have to do anything dating/girls wise now.

or a week from now.

or a month from now.

or however long it takes till the moment when you find yourself crushing on someone who isn't your ex.

and you can't will yourself to be in a relationship. it will happen when it does. and you'll deal with it.smile

Mr. Bacon
Goddamn. KMC has gotten so much friendlier over the past few months. Appreciate the words.
hey i remember you from back in the days of 2003, and i know whats its like to be in your situation.

Neo_Version 7
yea it sucked since i still liked her at the time

but life goes on and now two years later im glad it didnt go further, how things change with time, and i think they will for you too

Oh, definitely. Definitely.

Crazy thing, relationships. You'd think I'd be over her now since leaving a while back, but I just don't know if I can control myself if I ever see her again, you know what I'm saying?

Punkyhermy

hug

anytime.smile

Mr. Bacon
not necessarily, especially if you have alot of time with your thoughts or how long you were involved with her. the best thing i can say is to agree with Punkyhermy in her last post, give it time, dont force anything, if you see her say hi be polite and if you feel uncomfortable excuse yourself and leave. dont do anything until you feel ready, it will come when it comes

Neo_Version 7
mhmm. i agreee Neo.

look. stop for a second. and listen.

you don't have to do anything dating/girls wise now.

or a week from now.

or a month from now.

or however long it takes till the moment when you find yourself crushing on someone who isn't your ex.

and you can't will yourself to be in a relationship. it will happen when it does. and you'll deal with it.smile

Yeah, I couldn't agree more.
But all of sudden, all those things you talked about in your previous relationship (someday getting married, the future, whatnot), I can't imagine doing that with anybody else. I know how it sounds as you're reading it but, I can't help it.
Better to rid of relationships forever. I don't know.

Mr. Bacon
its different fotr everyone, there no set standards for getting over a relationship, it happens when it happens and there not uch you can do to expedite the process, so hang in there, enjoy your life and your friends and school and whatever.

Neo_Version 7
its different fotr everyone, there no set standards for getting over a relationship, it happens when it happens and there not uch you can do to expedite the process, so hang in there, enjoy your life and your friends and school and whatever.

Well, to be honest, I'm more of a homebody but yeah, I'm grasping the concept. I just hate doing this dance all over again. Kind of puts you off women. Uhm..relationships. Sorry.

Mr. Bacon
me too actually, im home right now yes

im still single shrug

im just not ready for a relationship so i havent

Neo_Version 7
me too actually, im home right now yes

im still single shrug

im just not ready for a relationship so i havent

Stay at home bachelors. High five!

Mr. Bacon
highfive

Shelbert Lemon
I cant really add anything different then whats already been said. Best wishes either way Neo.

Neo_Version 7
Hey, thanks a lot guys. I'll get through this again. (:

Much appreciated (;

Storm
You' ll have good days and you' ll have bad days. Take it one day at a time and don' t beat yourself up if you have an overly emotional day. You' re only human after all.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Rogue Jedi
buy a dog. seriously, It worked wonders for a friend of mine.

Baylin
buy a dog. seriously, It worked wonders for a friend of mine.

Mmm, well... Dogs are okay, but women are definately a much better shag! stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
depends on the dog. and the woman. laughing out loud

Baylin
good point! laughing out loud

Neo_Version 7
Appreciate the tips, guys. smile

Mr. Bacon
anytime smile

Scythe
Burn pictures and toss away reminders of her. Then think of all the shit she's caused.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Scythe
Burn pictures and toss away reminders of her. Then think of all the shit she's caused. yes

Sweet Escape

Psyche yourself out. Make yourself think that nothing ever happened, that you didn't care about them as much as you really did.

Rogue Jedi
Ignorance is bliss? thats kind of chicken shit.

Sweet Escape
I wouldn't say ignorance, I'd say, dilute.

Obviously I don't mean forget what happened. I mean make yourself think you don't care as much as you do. If you downgrade how you think you feel it will hurt less. It might last longer, but it will hurt less.

And it's a hell of a lot better than holding ill will and resent. That will just bring you down farther.

BackFire
Do stuff you enjoy doing. Masturbate, get hookers.

Hang out with your friends, accept it's over and remember that you are young and have several decades in front of you.

More hookers.

There's real advice peppered in this post, find it. It will be like an easter egg hunt.

MR.Grum
Any suggestions on how to ease the pain, so to speak? dont be such a bich.

Mairuzu
"If you want the pain to go away, better suck up your pride, admit.. you lost her.. let her go..... MOVE ON LET HER GO!! LET HER GOO"

MR.Grum
Originally posted by Mairuzu
"If you want the pain to go away, better suck up your pride, admit.. you lost her.. let her go..... MOVE ON LET HER GO!! LET HER GOO" thats what i said stop being a bich.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BackFire
Do stuff you enjoy doing. Masturbate, get hookers.

Hang out with your friends, accept it's over and remember that you are young and have several decades in front of you.

More hookers.

There's real advice peppered in this post, find it. It will be like an easter egg hunt. thats some YODA shit. big grin

Neo_Version 7
Masturbation does relieve stress. And so far, I'm doing alright.

Leo.M

Just forget about the nice person they were, and look at their true ****ed up colors. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.