About The Dark Knight movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xplosive
Do you think it would be better to be R rated or PG-13. Now, don't think about bussines, it wouldn't make so money with being R, but only what would you like it?

Il.Mozalini
I think an R rating would be totally unnecessary. I would be perfectly happy with a PG-13 rating like Episode III. A fair amount of of dark content, but not over the top.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
These Batman movies will be rated pg-13. Thats what the studio wants. Thats what Chris Nolan will deliver. There is absolutely no reason for a R rated Batman movie.

sindahouse
I wouldn't mind an M 15+ batman. Just a little too scary for the 13 year olds.. But R rated would be too much. Heck unless they get catwomen to do a strip tease......lol . Kiddin

[BAW]Endrict
There is no need for Batman to be R rating. Pg-13 is fine with a dark twist. R rating is for violent comic book movies like The Punisher.

WrathfulDwarf
The last thing WB wants is an R rating Batman movie. They make more money with the PG13 rating.

GGS
They need to show Joker doing some serious stuff though to get away with the potrayal but saying that i've been to rated 15 UK movies and seen more gore and blood in them than a rated 18 the latest example would be 30 days of Night and Hitman being a 15 against American Gangster that was an 18 over here. The level of consisent violence and scare scenes that leave you guessing in those two movies where phoenemol for a 15.

SelinaAndBruce
They're gonna make it PG 13 this is a cash cow for them they'll cut out gore before they cut out potential funds

Face
Just seen the trailer for it very good its out next summer

CellDweller
How 'bout the theatrical release being PG13 with an unrated, more violent dvd release?

freek
I sincerely doubt that would work, since for a PG13 to become unrated, there would have to be a ridiculous amount of gore cut from the movie. But besides that, Batman doesn't require any gore. I mean sure Joker tortures and what not but these are easy to represent in film without direct visual footage, just simply implying that certain events took place.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by freek
I sincerely doubt that would work, since for a PG13 to become unrated, there would have to be a ridiculous amount of gore cut from the movie. But besides that, Batman doesn't require any gore. I mean sure Joker tortures and what not but these are easy to represent in film without direct visual footage, just simply implying that certain events took place.

More money will be made from PG-13, don't count the Joker as just torture he has been dumbed down in years, it is good to see the old classic Joker back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.