japanese bands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chickenlover98
hey guys. i love japanese music and i was lookin to expand my library. if you know any good bands list the band name and genre they are in.

Bardock42
There aren't any.

SelphieT
GUITAR WOLF!

chillmeistergen
There's the Mad Capsule Markets. I listened to them years and years ago, not really my cup of tea anymore though.

SleaterKinney32
the blue hearts, i do believe?
and the 5, 6, 7, 8s.

i never have really listened to either heavily.
but my brother got into the blue hearts for awhile.
and the 5,6,7,8s are from Kill Bill.

hope that helped a little :P

Df02
1000 Travels Of Jawaharlal

InnerRise
Originally posted by chickenlover98
hey guys. i love japanese music and i was lookin to expand my library. if you know any good bands list the band name and genre they are in. Good taste in music. I may just have to PM you some good stuff.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

BackFire
Originally posted by Bardock42
There aren't any.

Check. And mate.

Bat Dude
Loudness

Df02
Originally posted by InnerRise
Good taste in music. I may just have to PM you some good stuff.

because all japanese music is good...

SelphieT
Originally posted by SleaterKinney32
the blue hearts, i do believe?
and the 5, 6, 7, 8s.

i never have really listened to either heavily.
but my brother got into the blue hearts for awhile.
and the 5,6,7,8s are from Kill Bill.

hope that helped a little :P

Oh yah, the 5, 6, 7, 8's are some really cool chicks. I have one of their CD's, was totally worth the buy.

Pezmerga
Ars Nova is pretty good. Basically a Japanese Emerson Lake and Palmer minus lyrics.

SleaterKinney32
Originally posted by SelphieT
Oh yah, the 5, 6, 7, 8's are some really cool chicks. I have one of their CD's, was totally worth the buy. Was it? I should check them out sometime then. Sadly, all I know of is the one from Kill Bill.

Alpha Centauri
Everything except Utada Hikaru.

-AC

Blax_Hydralisk
Inner Rise will kill you now, AC. Even you, with your great speed, can not stop both missiles.

Lana
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

She's actually American, anyway.

Alpha Centauri
She makes Japanese music though.

But yeah, everything except that.

-AC

Refused
Michelle Gun Elephant are pretty cool.

Nellinator

Df02
Polysics

Bardock42
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Inner Rise will kill you now, AC. Even you, with your great speed, can not stop both missiles.

That was the same movie where he flew so fast around the world he turned time back, right?

Lana
She makes Japanese music though.

But yeah, everything except that.

-AC

Only because her attempts at making English music have failed miserably stick out tongue

As for good Japanese music, I honestly could not recommend anything recent as it's been years since I've really listened to anything, beyond what gets played at ACen (and then I have no idea what it is). Still fond of Dragon Ash and Dir en Grey, though.

It just depends on what sort of music you like. Mainstream Japanese music is not as hugely varied as it is in other countries but there's still a lot of variety, especially if you dig around a bit.

SelphieT
Originally posted by SleaterKinney32
Was it? I should check them out sometime then. Sadly, all I know of is the one from Kill Bill.

Yeah, they have a bunch of cool songs.

The song you are thinking of is "Woo hoo".

I have their Bomb The Twist CD, which has Woo Hoo on it, and other great songs.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Inner Rise will kill you now, AC. Even you, with your great speed, can not stop both missiles. Nah.......he's killing himself by letting my post get to him.....along with other members and mods. It's flattering. funny

Alpha Centauri
That's why you posted that, because you dislike the fact that your favourite idol/singer/life aspiration (Even the gender) is really poor quality.

It's ok, you'll learn.

-AC

JacopeX
JAM Project Pwns! big grin

Bardiel13
The only few that can come to mind are Sigh and Bathtub Shitter. Especially Sigh. Unless you're into pop, rock w/ Engrish, or grindcore, you'd best keep away from Japanese music, imo.

Violent2Dope

-AC Even I resent that.

Otus

InnerRise
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Even I resent that. He's just trolling for attention from yours truly.

Anyways, so you like Utada Hikaru?

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by InnerRise
He's just trolling for attention from yours truly.

Anyways, so you like Utada Hikaru?

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Somewhat.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Bardiel13
The only few that can come to mind are Sigh and Bathtub Shitter. Especially Sigh. Unless you're into pop, rock w/ Engrish, or grindcore, you'd best keep away from Japanese music, imo. Ignorance is bliss.

On topic: Boris is pretty neat.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Nellinator
Ignorance is bliss. Indeed. Engrish........indeed.

tabby999
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Loudness

Second. Found a few of their records at the radio station i used to do a show on, as funny as they are terrible.

Df02
Originally posted by Nellinator
Ignorance is bliss.

On topic: Boris is pretty neat.

saw them this weekend, was a very weird moment where I woke up, opened the curtains and saw the girl from boris with her daughter watching geese about 2ft outside my window. they played a quality set later that day as well.

there were ALOT of geese...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.