Bug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

=Tired Hiker=
A movie about a lonely woman battling with her son's disappearance and her abusive ex-husband. She meets a drifter and they develop a friendship.

I watched this movie over the weekend, and it wasn't a horror movie at all, which the DVD box makes it out to be. It was more of a psychological suspense piece, I'd say 'thriller', but I'll just settle with 'piece' since it wasn't all that thrilling, well except for maybe a few parts. Though the film is depressing and at times nauseating, the more I watched it the more hooked I became. As the madness unfolds, the main actors, Ashley Judd and Michael Shannon, engage in highly intense delusional discussions regarding their warped reality. The acting is superb. The dialogue towards the end seems anything but scripted and is done in long takes, (long not meaning 'boring') they must have rehearsed many many times to get those scenes right.

I wasn't sure I would, but I enjoyed this movie enough so that I'd recommend it.

SelphieT
I'll have to check this out.

Someone asked me if I wanted to see this with them, and I automatically said, "No way!", because I thought it'd be crap.

But, if sweet ol' Tired Hiker enjoyed it, I'm sure I will!

=Tired Hiker=
This one could make or break me. It's wierd, your sig actually looks like it could be a frame from the movie! Creeeeeepy!

Aizen
One thing to say: Good movie!

Looks like two things to say, heh, anyway my recommendation also!

ragesRemorse
Aside from the acting. I thought it was shit. Had the director given the audience reason to believe the crazy mans claims, atleast in the slightest. The movie may have had a point to me.Atleast then, the people whom believed the mans claims, would have become the woman at the end of the movie. This would have offered a great message in trusting people, and believing in conspiracy theories.
It was nothing more than just a study of mass hysteria and observation on schizophrenia. I can see why people would enjoy it though. The characters were very well acted, and the cinematography possessed a claustrophobic tone.

For me, it offered nothing. There was no climax. I was waiting for something, anything to happen. The story didnt go anywhere nor did it actually start. Im done shitting on a movie with my half assed review though

BackFire
It was an interesting film, I thought. Enjoyable, though not without its flaws.

Impediment
It was excrutiatingly slow at times, but it was an original script with some good acting. Nothing that I'd buy, personally, but it didn't suck, in my opinion.

SelphieT
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
This one could make or break me. It's wierd, your sig actually looks like it could be a frame from the movie! Creeeeeepy!

shock That's insane.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.