Rock Band

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AstroFan
I did 2 searches and couldnt find a thread, but if there is one please merge or close this. embarrasment

Is anyone picking this up today, or already picked it up for that matter? Im picking it up at lunch, but im suddenly more aware of my lack of game playing friends. lol

xNIXSONx
i have guitar hero 3, and im waiting on one of my friends to pick up Rock Band but i dont think they will, but ill use my GH3 controller with it

and couldnt u form a band over xbox live?

AstroFan
You can do like quick play songs online, but you cant do the Band World Tour online.

ESB -1138
That sucks...that would have been an amazing feature

InnerRise
Not really interested in this game.

I haven't even gotten Guitar Hero 3 yet. I'm kind of out of it for right now with these types of games.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

ragesRemorse
Never liked musical coordination games. Rock band, however, looks like it would be fun with a few buddies.

Smasandian
Keyword....buddies.

I definitly agree but I wonder how well it will do with its big price tag.

Morridini
I've never seen what the big attraction is with these kind of games (singstar, guitarhero, *insert karaoke-like game name here* etc), I tried Guitar Hero once, I found it outright boring, if you wanna play a guitar, take guitar lessons?

Smasandian
Well, it's not really the same.

Scythe
Played it, sucked ass. For the Fall Out Boy fan within you, go get it, but that'll be the day right?

Played the drums, and well, it felt like Fisher-Price shit.

Played the guitar, it doesn't feel as comfy as the Guitar Hero controller and it felt really flimsy.

As for the songs, they can't compare to the great songlist that GH 3 has.

Overall, greatly disappointed in all this.

The mic controller doesn't pick up talent either, it picks up money screams that sorta sound like the dumbass Fall Out Boy music onscreen. Save your money.

panic469
i tried the game at best buy... i dont know if the game was busted, but all the notes that i tried to hold with the guitar woudn't hold. plz tell me im wrong cause i wanna get the game!!!

Scythe
Originally posted by panic469
i tried the game at best buy... i dont know if the game was busted, but all the notes that i tried to hold with the guitar woudn't hold. plz tell me im wrong cause i wanna get the game!!!

It's true. The guitar controller has been reported unresponsive by many of my friends who've purchased the game. Seems you have to get lucky and turn up a 'good' controller that'll work fine. No game should make you do all that.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Scythe
It's true. The guitar controller has been reported unresponsive by many of my friends who've purchased the game. Seems you have to get lucky and turn up a 'good' controller that'll work fine. No game should make you do all that.

There've always been glitches with early hardware/software in technology. I'm sure they'll fix the problem.

Fallin Angel
I like it so far. My friend brought it over and we got 2 other friends to join in to make a full band. I mostly just do the mic or drums lol. I only play the guitar if someone else wanted to play with the mic or drums. The game is pretty fun and addicting when u have other ppl with u and the graphics are better than GH3.

Scythe
Originally posted by H. S. 6
There've always been glitches with early hardware/software in technology. I'm sure they'll fix the problem.

Yeah, when will that be? Rock Band 2? Rock Band 3? They nailed it the first time with Guitar Hero.

Smasandian
My only problem is that its only an group thing and thats why I have misgivings that it wont do as well as Guitar Hero.

I love videogames but its hard to find people to play with splitscreen and a game that cost over $100 for a party game might hurt it sales.

Fallin Angel
Originally posted by Smasandian
My only problem is that its only an group thing and thats why I have misgivings that it wont do as well as Guitar Hero.

I love videogames but its hard to find people to play with splitscreen and a game that cost over $100 for a party game might hurt it sales.

Well, u could always go online and make a band on there if u can't find any friends to play offline.

AstroFan
I played with my boss and another guy a few days ago, and it was incredibly fun. laughing out loud

The drums are much harder than I figured. But ive spending most my time singing. embarrasment

H. S. 6
Yeah, when will that be? Rock Band 2? Rock Band 3? They nailed it the first time with Guitar Hero.

Either an update through Live, or exchanging the faulty instruments.

Guitar Hero II for the 360 had faulty guitars as well.

Kumar
i'm torn. It looks like a really cool idea and some friends and i have been talking about going in on it (like, dividing the price up). But one of my buddies might get it for christmas so i guess that way i'll get to play it for free big grin

InnerRise
Unless he charges..........I would. super13

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Mr.Murder27
I played GH at Gamestop and GH3 is kinda hard to get used to. But anywayz for the PS2 version of Rock band can you create your own rockstar? I heard the PS2 version was going to allow u to do that.

Pezmerga
Played it, sucked ass. For the Fall Out Boy fan within you, go get it, but that'll be the day right?

Played the drums, and well, it felt like Fisher-Price shit.

Played the guitar, it doesn't feel as comfy as the Guitar Hero controller and it felt really flimsy.

As for the songs, they can't compare to the great songlist that GH 3 has.

Overall, greatly disappointed in all this.

The mic controller doesn't pick up talent either, it picks up money screams that sorta sound like the dumbass Fall Out Boy music onscreen. Save your money.

I personally think Guitar Hero 3's songlist is crap.

I guess I am the only one that thinks Rockband > GH. It also isn't just a group game. I can play guitar on hard, drums on Medium (and having no experience drumming...it does translate. My drummer buddy picked it up no problem, You just have to adjust to playing on 4 pads lol) And singing the songs does take some sort of skill. I cant do it. yeah you can cheese it with noises but if thats how you play then you are cheating yourself out of the fun of it.

H. S. 6
This game is such a blast.

Basically Guitar Hero on crack. Getting the band together is so much fun.

theburningSKULL
I recently picked up Rock Band and IT IS FREAKIN AWESOME! Yes, you do make your own rocker, pick the way they rock (i.e. Punk, Metal, etc.) Smaller setlist then rock band with only 46 songs(I believe guitar hero has around 70) but there are many more to download via Xbox Live or the PS store. Im stuck on the last song on expert guitar, and its driving me crazy!

@st
Originally posted by Pezmerga
I personally think Guitar Hero 3's songlist is crap.

I guess I am the only one that thinks Rockband > GH. It also isn't just a group game. I can play guitar on hard, drums on Medium (and having no experience drumming...it does translate. My drummer buddy picked it up no problem, You just have to adjust to playing on 4 pads lol) And singing the songs does take some sort of skill. I cant do it. yeah you can cheese it with noises but if thats how you play then you are cheating yourself out of the fun of it.

I definatly like Rock Band a million times more than Guitar Hero. At first when the games came out, GH had the better songs, but after all the downloads Rock Band's set is much better.

Blax_Hydralisk
Does Rockband have free downloads?

I've only seen stuff you have to pay for.

@st
Its all paid downloads so far, nothing free yet.

Blax_Hydralisk
But I'm a cheap bastard.. sad

@st
lol

Then you probably cant even afford Rock Band. stick out tongue

Lana
Well, it IS ridiculously expensive.

I find it fun to watch, but I didn't like actually playing it.

Blax_Hydralisk
I can't.

I got it and GH:III as gifts.

And Lana you'd totally like it better if you were in my band doing vocals.

@st
Trade Guitar Hero for XBL point cards. stick out tongue

Lana
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I can't.

I got it and GH:III as gifts.

And Lana you'd totally like it better if you were in my band doing vocals.

No I wouldn't, I hate singing.

Blax_Hydralisk
It didn't sound like you hated it that much when you sang that Portal song stick out tongue

@st
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
It didn't sound like you hated it that much when you sang that Portal song stick out tongue

Whaaaa? laughing

I like singing, except for some songs, damn Coheed and Cambria. no expression

xNIXSONx
just got Rock Band bundle, its really good and im awesome at drums haha

the guitar is hard to get used to, i play expert GH but i cant do expert on Rock Band...rock band i think is > than Gh but GH3 has way better songs

Lana
Originally posted by @st
Whaaaa? laughing

I like singing, except for some songs, damn Coheed and Cambria. no expression

Yeah I recorded myself singing the Portal song, GK made me do it stick out tongue

I'm generally not a good singer though, yaaay...

theburningSKULL
I can play expert guitar, but im stuck on the last song, Green Grass and High Tides.

I've played it so many times that is finally driven me to the brink of insanity.

One more thing. the Rock Band controller looks cool, but its not built as well as GH3's Les Paul. Plus, the Les Paul looks awesome as well!

xNIXSONx
i actually agree with ath post saying negative things

the rock band guitar is extremely flimsy and doesnt feel solid at all like the GH guitars, although it looks nice

the rock band drums are cool to me though kinda

the rock band mic i dont have a real problem with

the songlist in rock band is crap, id put in Journey, ACDC, Blink 182, Linkin Park and Queen or osmethin, imagine playing Another One Bites The Dust with ur pals, but no, we hafto play stuff like that song from the yeah yeah yeahhs thats so mellow...guhh (but i like rock band despite its faults)

Pezmerga
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
i actually agree with ath post saying negative things

the rock band guitar is extremely flimsy and doesnt feel solid at all like the GH guitars, although it looks nice

the rock band drums are cool to me though kinda

the rock band mic i dont have a real problem with

the songlist in rock band is crap, id put in Journey, ACDC, Blink 182, Linkin Park and Queen or osmethin, imagine playing Another One Bites The Dust with ur pals, but no, we hafto play stuff like that song from the yeah yeah yeahhs thats so mellow...guhh (but i like rock band despite its faults)

I think Rockband has a great song selection, plus new ones come out every week.

So far Ive added..
Sick Sick Sick - QOTSA
3's and 7's - QOTSA
Little Sister - QOTSA
Moonage Daydream - David Bowie
Heroes - David Bowie
Queen ***** - David Bowie
Limelight - Rush
The Joker and the Thief - Wolfmother

theburningSKULL
Originally posted by panic469
i tried the game at best buy... i dont know if the game was busted, but all the notes that i tried to hold with the guitar woudn't hold. plz tell me im wrong cause i wanna get the game!!! The game at best buy is played so much that the controllers are basically dead. Some kits come defected, but thats rare

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Pezmerga
I think Rockband has a great song selection, plus new ones come out every week.

So far Ive added..
Sick Sick Sick - QOTSA
3's and 7's - QOTSA
Little Sister - QOTSA
Moonage Daydream - David Bowie
Heroes - David Bowie
Queen ***** - David Bowie
Limelight - Rush
The Joker and the Thief - Wolfmother

i would count the songs that come onto the game originally, but yeah Rock Band has a big selection. I like Rock Band but some songs i really dont like and that just takes it away for me, most of the 'punk' songs sound all the same to me. i might have overreacted when i said rock bands songlist was crap lol some rock band songs are too chill though

Pezmerga
Oasis Pack was kind of lame....but at least we get Working Man and Siva this week.

@st
I only downloaded Wonderwall last week, im not downloading anything this week. I hate the pumpkins. lol

Pezmerga
Im sorry that you do.
I'm downloading all the songs this week. I can't wait to play working man.

dawsey28
This game is awesome and loads of fun. Especially with friends over or online play.

spidermonkey
Some songs are weird singing.

dawsey28
Hello, my name is dawsey28, and I have a Rock Band addiction.

spidermonkey
Originally posted by dawsey28
Hello, my name is dawsey28, and I have a Rock Band addiction.

Lol.... I'm sure you are not the only one.

Smasandian
I think the song lineup is not the greatest but not bad.

It's obviously picked so people would want to buy new songs.

Like out of all the Foo Fighters songs they picked Learn the Fly instead of Monkey Wrench, or Everlong or some better song.

But I do like how they picked Blitzkrieg Pop out of all the Ramones songs.

Got Rock Band today and the bloody pedal doesnt work.

Blax_Hydralisk
The connection for the wire sucks really bad. Unplug it and plug it in really hard..

Smasandian
Just took it back. We tried what you suggested. Didnt seem to work.

Got a new Rock Band and it works fine.

Dl'ed a bunch of songs.

Queens of the Stone Age pack.
NIN pack.
War Pigs
Weezer songs
My Iron Lung.

Pretty sweet I must say. Loved playing War Pigs. That was just awesome.

Blax_Hydralisk
hm.. yeah there hardware's kinda crappy.

I'd reccommend buying a spare USB hub as well, when I first bought Rockband, three hours after I bought it the USE hub crapped out on me. Bought a different brand of one from radioshack and it worked fine.

Smasandian
Any spare hub would work?

Blax_Hydralisk
From what I've seen, yeah. As long as it can be pluuged into the 360's USB slot it'll work.

Smasandian
Cool.

What about an extra guitar?

What would be the best? Another Rock Band one, or Guitar Hero 3?

Blax_Hydralisk
Guitar Hero III.

The strato-whatever is okay... but imo the Les Paul is better. Plus it works on GH:III as well as Rock Band but the strato doesn't work on GH:III, don't know if that means anything to you, but meh.

GH:III's Les Paul feels sturdier, and you don't have to worry about Harmonic's crappy hardware...

Lana
I think the song lineup is not the greatest but not bad.

It's obviously picked so people would want to buy new songs.

Like out of all the Foo Fighters songs they picked Learn the Fly instead of Monkey Wrench, or Everlong or some better song.

But I do like how they picked Blitzkrieg Pop out of all the Ramones songs.

Got Rock Band today and the bloody pedal doesnt work.

****, if Everlong was in there I'd buy the game. That's about my favorite song ever.

BTW, Rock Band's coming out for the Wii in...June I think? June or July. Can't remember which.

Smasandian
Yeah, its a pretty damn good song.

I would pick it up for Rock Band. I wouldnt be surprised if it will become a dl sooner or later.

I also heard all of Nirvana Nevermind album will be ready for dl. I dont want the whole album but Breed, Lithium and Territorial Pissings would be awesome to play.

Lana
I'd go for the whole album stick out tongue

I don't think I'm going to bother with actually buying Rock Band myself though. Two of my friends from work own it and play a lot, so I'll just play with them if I feel like it. Even though I'm pretty sure they'd probably try and make me sing as much as possible...

Thunder Fox
hmmm even my mother loves this game she keeps stealing my system

taft
Shit ton of Boston tomorrow

Smasandian
Originally posted by Lana
I'd go for the whole album stick out tongue

I don't think I'm going to bother with actually buying Rock Band myself though. Two of my friends from work own it and play a lot, so I'll just play with them if I feel like it. Even though I'm pretty sure they'd probably try and make me sing as much as possible...

I would but I would save a bit of money if I didnt. Out of the whole album I would only really want to play Teen Spirit, and those other three. Maybe it will be cheaper to buy the whole album but those are the only 4 I would definitely buy. Especially considering In Bloom is already in the game.

When I think about it, I should try to not buy any songs. Must not buy....

I'm the other way around. All my friends are not gamers at all outside of 1 or 2, but I rarely see those friends and one of them has Rock Band.

The other friends would play it alot so its not that big of purchase.

Its still a heck of alot of money though. Most I spend on a game. Luckily, the fiance used the joint account because both of us will play it and it will be a get together with friends thing.

dawsey28
I wonder what the new DLC songs, packs, and/or albums will be when they announce them.

I hear that Monday afternoon is when they will be announced.

spidermonkey
I have DLed almost 30 songs because I was just simply tired of the songlist on the game. I had played every song to death.

I can't wait to see what the new songs are later today.

@st
How is the new Rock Band download store?

Smasandian
It's pretty neat.

You can preview the songs, and it's pretty easy to find songs and stuff.

The new content this week is "Still Alive". It's the Portal song.

@st
Is that all this week? sad

Smasandian
I think so.

Not totally sure.

jaden101
this is not long out in the UK and i picked up the game only and i'm playing through it with the guitar only....1st thing i noticed is how piss easy it is compared with the song list for the GH games...i guess that's more to do with the drums as some of the guitar hero tunes on expert would just be too fast and difficult for the drums

Smasandian
Its meant the to be a casual game, than hardcore.

My perfect difficulty is medium on GH3 because it feels like playing real guitar, but not insanely difficult with 5 buttons.

vandalworks
i love it. simple as! almost 5 starred every song on hard. trying expert now. good song list, the metallica pack is awesome, and so the qotsa and black sabbath packs. cant wait for more!

Smasandian
Man,

Rock Band 2 set list looks awesome. 84 songs and all master tracks.

Obviously, a few duds but with 84 songs there will be those.

Wei Phoenix
Hardware question. I'm missing the USB part to my drums. Is there anywhere I can go online or something to buy a new piece?

Smasandian
I think you can just get a USB hub from any electronic store.

KakashiKun
My new favorite on Rock Band is "When you Were Young.

Mairuzu
Rock band 2 is definitely better than Guitar hero world tour

Wei Phoenix
I think you can just get a USB hub from any electronic store.

Really? This is what I'm talking about but not so long if I can find it.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Extension-Cable-Twin-Pak/dp/B001DLAMO4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1232757762&sr=8-1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.