10 things to do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punkyhermy
we all hear the climate crisis mantra all the time yes?

how about we cut to the chase and just look at the things we can do.

10 things to do .

* change a light .

compact flurocent lightbulbs > regular ones.

https://www2089.ssldomain.com/grassrootsenvironmentalproducts/productimages/W6470-LRG.jpg

* drive less .

save one pound of carbon dioxide every one mile you don't drive!

* recycle more .

you can save 2,400 pounds of carbon dioxide per year by recycling just half your household waste !

* check your tires .
keeping tires infalted properly can improve gas mileage by 3%. Every gallon of gasoline saved keeps 20 pounds of carbon dioxode out of the atmosphere !

* use less hot water.

it takes a lot of energy to heat water.use less hot water by installing a low flow showerhead (350 pounds of CO2 saved a year!). wash clothes in warm or cold water.(500 pounds saved per year!)

* avoid products with a lot of packaging.

cutting down garbage by 10% = 1,200 of CO2 kept off the atmosphere!

* plant a tree

a single tree absorbs a TON of carbon dioxide over its lifetime.

* turn off electronic devices.

simply and really turning off the tv, dvd player, stereo and computer when not being used saves thousands of pounds of CO2 a year.

~click here to calculate your impact on the CO2 emitted to the atmosphere.~

*goes off to have breakfast*

Bloigen
*does opposite of all things on the list*

The Grey Fox
I'm trying as hard as I can to fulfill those 10 things thumb up

Reverend Axel
I've been doing my part for a while. I've changed all the lightbulbs to flurocent lightbulbs. I've cut down on driving everywhere. Recycle? My dads a garbage man, of course I recycle.

The rest is taking it too far.

Bardock42
Yeah, but, here are 8 things you can do as well:

1. Leave all your lights on all the time. Make sure you don't have those energy saving ones either.

2. Drive more. It is easy, it is fast....it helps the economy. You are a patriot? Drive!

3. DO NOT RECYCLE. You like time, don't you? You want to spend it doing nothing. Recycling is not nothing...in fact, it is the opposite. DO NOT RECYCLE!

4. You should really check your tires. You could get killed otherwise, I know, it's good for the environment, and that pisses me off as much as the next one, but it makes sense. YOU DON'T WANT TO DIE. Think of this: You can't pollute when you are dead.

5. Hot showers are nice. You want them. Get as many as you want. In fact, better keep the water running hot at all time, we all hate it when we turn on the water and it comes out cold. It helps no one. Think of your family!!

6. Packaging is half the fun of a consuming. Make sure you always take the product with more packaging. You are rewarding yourself with the joy of opening them. It's Christmas everyday!

7. Become a lumberjack. There's money in wood...and also a bunch of sexual innuendo. Don't spoil the fun for everyone. Chop some wood. In fact, go out right now and chop a tree. Don't use it though, trees lying around dead make the landscape prettier.

8. Turn on all electronic devices. Do you feel lonely a lot? Don't you think the warmth of a stove would solve that? Yes it would. Electronic Devices are our friends...turning them off is equal to, if not worse, than killing. Don't do that to them.

Why has your list only 8 points anyways (LIAR)?

Maverick80
Originally posted by Bardock42

1. Leave all your lights on all the time. Make sure you don't have those energy saving ones either.

2. Drive more. It is easy, it is fast....it helps the economy. You are a patriot? Drive!

3. DO NOT RECYCLE. You like time, don't you? You want to spend it doing nothing. Recycling is not nothing...in fact, it is the opposite. DO NOT RECYCLE!

4. You should really check your tires. You could get killed otherwise, I know, it's good for the environment, and that pisses me off as much as the next one, but it makes sense. YOU DON'T WANT TO DIE. Think of this: You can't pollute when you are dead.

5. Hot showers are nice. You want them. Get as many as you want. In fact, better keep the water running hot at all time, we all hate it when we turn on the water and it comes out cold. It helps no one. Think of your family!!

6. Packaging is half the fun of a consuming. Make sure you always take the product with more packaging. You are rewarding yourself with the joy of opening them. It's Christmas everyday!

7. Become a lumberjack. There's money in wood...and also a bunch of sexual innuendo. Don't spoil the fun for everyone. Chop some wood. In fact, go out right now and chop a tree. Don't use it though, trees lying around dead make the landscape prettier.

8. Turn on all electronic devices. Do you feel lonely a lot? Don't you think the warmth of a stove would solve that? Yes it would. Electronic Devices are our friends...turning them off is equal to, if not worse, than killing. Don't do that to them.

Why has your list only 8 points anyways (LIAR)?

laughing I laughed.

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Reverend Axel
I've been doing my part for a while. I've changed all the lightbulbs to flurocent lightbulbs. I've cut down on driving everywhere. Recycle? My dads a garbage man, of course I recycle.

The rest is taking it too far.

mhmm i seesmile i'm starting with the flurocent light changing. and i've been washing my clothes with cold and warm water for a while now. i need to make people in my house more aware of recycling tho.

Punkyhermy

cutting down the hot showers is the hardest on the list.erm

silver_tears
Recycling's a big deal here shrug

Maverick80
Originally posted by silver_tears

You are gorgeous. Wow.

Mr. Bacon
Originally posted by silver_tears
same here yes

Originally posted by Punkyhermy
cutting down the hot showers is the hardest on the list.erm
and yes that would be the hardest, but the tire inflation does really help so its practical anyways

NASA
i could not care less coz the ice caps wont melt in my lifetime so f*ck it

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by NASA

hahaha, wrong, they already are melting. They will be in full swing in about 10-15 years, so yes, you are pretty much ****ed unless you actually give a shit and help.

Bardock42
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
hahaha, wrong, they already are melting. They will be in full swing in about 10-15 years, so yes, you are pretty much ****ed unless you actually give a shit and help. Wanna make a bet? Global Warming will not nearly have the consequences all the hippie crybabies claim. Also, Al Gore should be shot.

The Grey Fox
Wanna make a bet? Global Warming will not nearly have the consequences all the hippie crybabies claim. Also, Al Gore should be shot.

okay, maybe 10 - 15 years is a bit soon. But I'd say about maximum 50 years. Absolute maximum. And why should Al Gore be shot? Are you a Republican or something? I do realise that Al Gore is a massive hypocrite, but still.

Edit: The ice caps are melting, fact. Do your homework.

Bloigen
hahaha, wrong, they already are melting. They will be in full swing in about 10-15 years, so yes, you are pretty much ****ed unless you actually give a shit and help.

You should become a psychic, you know how long NASA will live AND when the ice caps will have melted.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Bloigen
You should become a psychic, you know how long NASA will live AND when the ice caps will have melted.

To be honest, if NASA lives 'South of the River Thames' then perhaps he's right, he'll be stabbed before he's 30 anyway.

Bardock42
okay, maybe 10 - 15 years is a bit soon. But I'd say about maximum 50 years. Absolute maximum. And why should Al Gore be shot? Are you a Republican or something? I do realise that Al Gore is a massive hypocrite, but still.

Edit: The ice caps are melting, fact. Do your homework.

Well, we have a good chance to see, I will take my time before choosing sides on a theory. Just because Global Warming Apocalypse people scream louder and play dirtier doesn't mean they are right. And no, I am not Republican, Al Gore is a dick though. A liar and a hypocrite.

The Grey Fox
Well, we have a good chance to see, I will take my time before choosing sides on a theory. Just because Global Warming Apocalypse people scream louder and play dirtier doesn't mean they are right. And no, I am not Republican, Al Gore is a dick though. A liar and a hypocrite.

What you're saying about Al Gore is true to be fair, his electricity bill is one of the largest in the USA. I'm not taking a side completely yet, I'm just playing it safe. Plus, I like kitties, and don't want them to die happy

Punkyhermy

haha.

such utter bullshit.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

they are already melting. ridiculously and scarily fast.

every developed nation has/is doing their part to stop the process. america however lags behind because of crappy politicians who plant false seeds of doubt into the public's mind while there is ZERO scientific evidence proven contrary to global warming.

Punkyhermy
Wanna make a bet? Global Warming will not nearly have the consequences all the hippie crybabies claim. Also, Al Gore should be shot.

that is the biggest bull ever. look at the hard cold scientific data. and why should gore be shot? for presenting you with the truth that your gov. won't bother with?

Maverick80
that is the biggest bull ever. look at the hard cold scientific data. and why should gore be shot? for presenting you with the truth that your gov. won't bother with?

No, mostly because he's the most boring man on the face of the earth.

On the other hand, he did 'invent' the interweb.

Such a tough choice

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Maverick80
No, mostly because he's the most boring man on the face of the earth.

On the other hand, he did 'invent' the interweb.

Such a tough choice

Boring is a matter of opinion, and that's a fact.

Maverick80
Boring is a matter of opinion, and that's a fact.

No. Al Gore bores just about everyone. That's a fact.

The Grey Fox
No. Al Gore bores just about everyone. That's a fact.

Apart from all those college students in his film, true, and then all those other people, and then me. And I count as about 2,000,000,000 people becuase I'm awesome.

Bardock42

My government bought 500o of his shit DVDs to indoctrinate school children with it. So, **** off about what my government does.

The scientific opinion is not as founded as you claim. There is large opposition, and it gets mostly put down by political rather than scientific means. I am not saying that there isn't evidence for man made global warming, but what Al Gore did was sheer propaganda. As I said before screaming the loudest doesn't make ones point the most valid. And scientific discourse on the subject gets limited by the propaganda machine of environmentalists.

Besides, Gore should already be killed for his involvement with the PMRC.

And Al Gore doesn't bore me, he angers me.

Maverick80
My government bought 500o of his shit DVDs to indoctrinate school children with it. So, **** off about what my government does.

The scientific opinion is not as founded as you claim. There is large opposition, and it gets mostly put down by political rather than scientific means. I am not saying that there isn't evidence for man made global warming, but what Al Gore did was sheer propaganda. As I said before screaming the loudest doesn't make ones point the most valid. And scientific discourse on the subject gets limited by the propaganda machine of environmentalists.

Besides, Gore should already be killed for his involvement with the PMRC.

And Al Gore doesn't bore me, he angers me.

But - how do you REALLY feel about it?

Bardock42
But - how do you REALLY feel about it?

I think it gets overhyped. There is global warming, whether it is man made or if there is even a large impact we humans have, I don't know, but doubt. We certainly won't die all because of it. Likely more people would die if the measures people like Gore and other environmentalist ****s propose would go through (though, to be fair, only Africans, and they don't count, now do they?)

The Grey Fox
I think more people will die because of an impending nuclear war, if it happens. Wait -- this isn't the GDF, guys. WTF.

Maverick80
I think it gets overhyped. There is global warming, whether it is man made or if there is even a large impact we humans have, I don't know, but doubt. We certainly won't die all because of it. Likely more people would die if the measures people like Gore and other environmentalist ****s propose would go through (though, to be fair, only Africans, and they don't count, now do they?)

He's out of politics and needs something to do man. It's par for the course. "Latch on to something and create a niche for yourself in the post Whitehouse years."

Bardock42
I think more people will die because of an impending nuclear war, if it happens. Wait -- this isn't the GDF, guys. WTF.

The GDF is where we want the GDF to beOriginally posted by Maverick80
He's out of politics and needs something to do man. It's par for the course. "Latch on to something and create a niche for yourself in the post Whitehouse years." Yeah, I undertand that. Doesn't make it any better.

The Grey Fox
The GDF is where we want the GDF to be.

Fair enough I guess

Maverick80
The GDF is where we want the GDF to be Yeah, I undertand that. Doesn't make it any better.

No, I realize it doesn't make it any better, but you have to think that somehow, he still has some political aspirations. This is a way for him to keep his 'face out there' and his name fresh. How can you ever trust a politician anyhow? Once a crook and a liar, ALWAYS a crook and a liar.

Strangelove
I do my part

Reverend Axel
a8oe-CSA4wQ

MR.Grum
we all hear the climate crisis mantra all the time yes?

how about we cut to the chase and just look at the things we can do.

10 things to do .

* change a light .

compact flurocent lightbulbs > regular ones.

https://www2089.ssldomain.com/grassrootsenvironmentalproducts/productimages/W6470-LRG.jpg

* drive less .

save one pound of carbon dioxide every one mile you don't drive!

* recycle more .

you can save 2,400 pounds of carbon dioxide per year by recycling just half your household waste !

* check your tires .
keeping tires infalted properly can improve gas mileage by 3%. Every gallon of gasoline saved keeps 20 pounds of carbon dioxode out of the atmosphere !

* use less hot water.

it takes a lot of energy to heat water.use less hot water by installing a low flow showerhead (350 pounds of CO2 saved a year!). wash clothes in warm or cold water.(500 pounds saved per year!)

* avoid products with a lot of packaging.

cutting down garbage by 10% = 1,200 of CO2 kept off the atmosphere!

* plant a tree

a single tree absorbs a TON of carbon dioxide over its lifetime.

* turn off electronic devices.

simply and really turning off the tv, dvd player, stereo and computer when not being used saves thousands of pounds of CO2 a year.

~click here to calculate your impact on the CO2 emitted to the atmosphere.~

*goes off to have breakfast* your that blond hoe from Capitan planet arnt youuhuh

NASA
To be honest, if NASA lives 'South of the River Thames' then perhaps he's right, he'll be stabbed before he's 30 anyway.

So true

NASA
Originally posted by MR.Grum
your that blond hoe from Capitan planet arnt youuhuh

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bloigen
*does opposite of all things on the list* we will all be long gone before this becomes a problem. the damage is too extensive.

The Grey Fox
So true

I live in London too, I know what it's like big grin

Off topic... NASA, what are your opinions on London?

Baylin
About the only thing I don't do on the list is the lightbulb one as low energy bulbs trigger migraines for me.

I got rid of my second car 2 years ago and started cycling everywhere

I recycle, I also compost as much of my food waste as I can

The car I own is kept in tip top condition so it's running as well as possible

I don't drive anywhere I don't have to

I wash in cool water, and wash my clothes in cold

My tv is switched off, not on standby

Finally I plant lots of things all year round

And you may ask why, simply because I like to! happy

Bardock42
Originally posted by Baylin

And you may ask why, simply because I like to! happy

Which is the best ****ing reason ever. The only valid one, too.

Shelbert Lemon
I wouldnt like cool showers.

Maverick80
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
I wouldnt like cool showers.

Does anyone ever call you Shelephant?

The Grey Fox
Does anyone ever call you Shelephant?

What the f**k?

Baylin
Which is the best ****ing reason ever. The only valid one, too.

yes

And not to mention, it's better being used to cold water, because when those ice-caps melt the cold sea water gonna get a lot, lot higher... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shelbert Lemon
Does anyone ever call you Shelephant? There was one person... What the f**k?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Baylin
yes

And not to mention, it's better being used to cold water, because when those ice-caps melt the cold sea water gonna get a lot, lot higher... roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's the worst reason I ever heard, but I guess 1 of 2 is alright stick out tongue

SausageHole
Recycling sucks, since when should we help 'Mother Nature'?! Stupid whore that she is.

Maverick80
There was one person... What the f**k?

Well then that person was an *******. sad

Shelbert Lemon
Well then that person was an *******. sad No he wasnt. He is my little brother...
It just caught me off gaurd that you called me be a couple names he called me by.

Maverick80
Well then that person was an *******. sad No he wasnt. He is my little brother...
It just caught me off gaurd that you called me be a couple names he called me by.

Oh, sorry, my bad.

Your little brother post here?

I'll call you something else then.

Umm....Shellegant.

Shelbert Lemon
No he wasnt. He is my little brother...

Oh, sorry, my bad.

Umm....Shellegant. He stops in once in a while.
Where are you from Maverick?

Maverick80
Oh, sorry, my bad.

Umm....Shellegant. He stops in once in a while.
Where are you from Maverick?

That, Shells, was a terrible quote job you just did.

I am from KANADA.

and you?

Shelbert Lemon

I am from KANADA.

and you?
I agree.. we cant all be good at everything.. now can we?

Canada.. nice..

Originally the east coast... currently, Vegas.

Maverick80

I am from KANADA.

and you?
I agree.. we cant all be good at everything.. now can we?

Canada.. nice..

Originally the east coast... currently, Vegas.

Vegas! Sweet. I want to visit there.

So, do you chew tobacco?

Shelbert Lemon

So, do you chew tobacco? No.

Do you chew pine cones?

Maverick80

So, do you chew tobacco? No.

Do you chew pine cones?

laughing out loud Good one.

I've been known to, from time to time.

I'm horny.

Shelbert Lemon

laughing out loud Good one.

I've been known to, from time to time.

I'm horny.

Pine cones make you horny? messed Weird.
What do vanilla air fresheners do for you?
wink

Bardock42
wink

Make the air smell better confused

Maverick80
wink

Vanilla Air Fresheners.

God.

The key to my heart.

You know where I've always wanted to go? North Carolina. I have no idea why. confused

Shelbert Lemon
Make the air smell better confused Only if you like the vanilla scent. confused

Vanilla Air Fresheners.

God.

The key to my heart.

You know where I've always wanted to go? North Carolina. I have no idea why. confused Yea, thought you would like that one.

NC, really?

Maverick80
Only if you like the vanilla scent. confused

Yea, thought you would like that one.

NC, really?

Am I that transparent?

Yep, only because I have a deaf friend from there. smile

Maverick80
Am I that transparent?

Yep, only because I have a deaf friend from there. smile

Haha...that should say DEAR friend. As far as I know, she can hear.

She's not there anymore, but I want to see it all the same.

Shelbert Lemon
Am I that transparent?

Yea, to me you are. Originally posted by Maverick80

She's not there anymore, but I want to see it all the same. Really.. where is she now then?

NC is awesome. The beaches or mountains.

Maverick80
Am I that transparent?

Yea, to me you are. Originally posted by Maverick80

She's not there anymore, but I want to see it all the same. Really.. where is she now then?

NC is awesome. The beaches or mountains.

Damn, I try to be so mysterious. laughing out loud

She left for brighter lights, so to speak. Though, it may have been a bit of a 'gamble' for her, I'm sure she placed the right bet.

How do you know that?

Shelbert Lemon
You didnt try hard enough... or am I that good?

She sounds like a smart girl. wink

Living there most of my life gives me some kind of insight on the area.

Maverick80
You didnt try hard enough... or am I that good?

She sounds like a smart girl. wink

Living there most of my life gives me some kind of insight on the area.

You must be that good, coz I tried my ASS off.

I think she is.

You're from there? I had no idea.

Shelbert Lemon

You must be that good, coz I tried my ASS off.

I think she is.

You're from there? I had no idea. happy

Are you and her still in contact?

Mmhmm. Im going back there for a week at Christmas. I can hardly wait.

Maverick80
happy

Are you and her still in contact?

Mmhmm. Im going back there for a week at Christmas. I can hardly wait.

Sometimes. Not so much lately. I bet she'd hardly recognize me now anyways.

Aww, that sounds wonderful. Family?

Shelbert Lemon

Aww, that sounds wonderful. Family? Seems to me like she would recognize you if you and her had a tight friendship.

Yes. My daughters mainly. THe rest of the family is just a bonus.

Maverick80

Aww, that sounds wonderful. Family? Seems to me like she would recognize you if you and her had a tight friendship.

Yes. My daughters mainly. THe rest of the family is just a bonus.

Maybe. But I've changed quite a bit.

That's fantastic. I'm very happy for you. How many do you have?

Shelbert Lemon

That's fantastic. I'm very happy for you. How many do you have? Physically?

4 ages 15-7 ... Though my baby is about to turn 8 on Saturday.

Maverick80

That's fantastic. I'm very happy for you. How many do you have? Physically?

4 ages 15-7 ... Though my baby is about to turn 8 on Saturday.

Haha...my...uh, outward appearance, yes.

8 eh? They grow up fast, don't they?

Shelbert Lemon

Haha...my...uh, outward appearance, yes.

8 eh? They grow up fast, don't they? Mmm I see.

You like children then?

Maverick80
Mmm I see.

You like children then?

You make that sound somewhat paedophilic. laughing out loud

At the risk of sounding so myself, I love kids, they are amazing little people.

Shelbert Lemon

At the risk of sounding so myself, I love kids, they are amazing little people. laughing out loud Oops.
You know what I meant. stick out tongue
And yes they are. Ive recently thought about another one but I think I may have bumped my head!

Maverick80

At the risk of sounding so myself, I love kids, they are amazing little people. laughing out loud Oops.
You know what I meant. stick out tongue
And yes they are. Ive recently thought about another one but I think I may have bumped my head!

Yeah, I do. stick out tongue

Wow! 5 kids?? That would be busy.

Shelbert Lemon

Wow! 5 kids?? That would be busy. Ha!.. yeah maybe I should just get a puppy.

Maverick80

Wow! 5 kids?? That would be busy. Ha!.. yeah maybe I should just get a puppy.

They're awesome too. I think you should.

So, you must be a hardcore gambler then. You just seem the type.

Shelbert Lemon

So, you must be a hardcore gambler then. You just seem the type. I want a rottie.

I do? ... I guess I am in a way... Ive gambled with a few life decisions but not money. Weird?

Maverick80

So, you must be a hardcore gambler then. You just seem the type. I want a rottie.

I do? ... I guess I am in a way... Ive gambled with a few life decisions but not money. Weird?

Big Dog.

haha...no, Shelbert, I meant, like, Casino dusk to dawn, show girls, cashing your chips in, cigars, mobsters. You're known as Shellie the Knife. wink etc etc.

Shelbert Lemon

Big Dog.

haha...no, Shelbert, I meant, like, Casino dusk to dawn, show girls, cashing your chips in, cigars, mobsters. You're known as Shellie the Knife. wink etc etc. Nah, Im not a gambler.. not unless you count the $40 I put into the slots since Ive been here. $20 on 2 different times. messed

NASA
I live in London too, I know what it's like big grin

Off topic... NASA, what are your opinions on London?

It's the greatest city on Earth

Punkyhermy
Greenhouse Inertia
A U.N. report highlights U.S. paralysis in addressing climate change.
Thursday, November 22, 2007; Page A36

" THE CLARION call for action to address the pernicious progression of global warming grew louder with the release of the final report from the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change last weekend. The sobering findings , which synthesize the three previous reports from the group, confirm with greater certainty that global warming is real but could be slowed if the world's governments make tough decisions now to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions heating up the planet. Our hope is that the report will speed the glacial pace of action in Washington . But that would be a very big hope.

Until this summer, President Bush had questioned the science behind climate-change warnings for nearly seven years and had resisted efforts to address the problem. Mr. Bush's September summit at the State Department of the world's 16 major carbon dioxide emitters was a nice gesture. Bringing to the table India and China, which is expected to surpass the United States as the planet's No. 1 carbon emitter, was good. Yet Mr. Bush's continued opposition to binding commitments in favor of voluntary reductions -- "aspirational goals," as described by his environmental adviser, James L. Connaughton -- is not the decisive leadership the world is looking for.

That lack of leadership from the White House has led states to act unilaterally. Governors are signing regional agreements to cap greenhouse gas emissions. California, Montana and Utah signed one last week. Fourteen states have adopted California's tough tailpipe emissions standards. Yet, approval from the Environmental Protection Agency has been two years in coming -- if it comes at all. Court cases from federal district courts right up to the Supreme Court have beaten back challenges to states' proactive policies.

Inertia afflicts both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue. Congress is just beginning to hash out a cap-and-trade policy that would put a price on carbon. If properly designed and administered, it would reduce CO2emissions and push industry to adopt technologies that would increase efficiency. Meanwhile, energy bills passed separately by the House and Senate have not moved since summer because each chamber approved legislation that contains provisions killed by the other. While the House punted on raising the corporate average fuel economy standard to 35 mpg but pushed through standards for renewable energy sources, the Senate approved only a hike in CAFE standards.

Intense negotiations are underway on Capitol Hill to take up CAFE standards, renewable energy and tax incentives for clean energy development in separate votes. This is encouraging news, and we urge House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) to come to an agreement. Washington must pass legislation that finally shows the world it is ready to take on climate change in a significant and meaningful way."

thewashingtonpost.com

MR.Grum
Originally posted by Strangelove
I do my part lulz peeing on baby seals isnt a part of anything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.