Virtua Fighter vs Tekken?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NASA
Who wants to these two Granddaddy fighters go at it?

The Virtua Fighter Director and the Tekken Director have been talking and they are thinking of doing a Tekken vs Virtua Fighter game.

Here is the website http://ps3.ign.com/articles/766/76662...

6fgFcg_hl9c

Sado-sama
URL needs fixin'

Anyway, yeah this would kick ass for sure...but Tekken's on a higher level. ermm

Edit: Awesome Video! DB Final Bout's intro theme kicks ass! eek!

NASA
Originally posted by Sado-sama
URL needs fixin'

Anyway, yeah this would kick ass for sure...but Tekken's on a higher level. ermm

Edit: Awesome Video! DB Final Bout's intro theme kicks ass!!! eek!

http://uk.ps3.ign.com:80/articles/766/766622p1.html

Yeah this would be cool but i prefer DOA vs VF cause their share the same button layout and the fact that DOA was based on VF.
But i still would get this game and Tekken is not on a higher level than VF well not in Japan anyway. stick out tongue

Sado-sama
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/766/766622/tekken-5-dark-resurrection-20070221055650164-000.jpg

laughing out loud

NASA
Thats another reason why i pick VF as my favourite fighter cause its just about one thing - FIGHTING

Sado-sama
It's just a character customization. ermm

SaTsuJiN
Edit: Awesome Video! DB Final Bout's intro theme kicks ass! eek!

the game blew ass beyond all belief

Also.. they'd have to create a new game engine.. dunno if they'd feel like doing that... in any case.. Tekken's control scheme is a lil more natural to me

InnerRise
I much prefer Tekken.....

Although I don't really care for these types of games anymore.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Fallin Angel
Sounds cool, but i'm still confused on how it would be. I wonder if it will be a fighting type or an rpg type like namco x capcom.

panic469
im not much for button mashers... but if i had to pick one... it would be tekkin

Sado-sama
This would of course be a fighting game seeing as how they're alike in many ways...NXC was an RPG because it was a crossover consisting of characters from two companies, some of which were in RPGs i.e. Xenosaga characters.

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
the game blew ass beyond all belief

Also.. they'd have to create a new game engine.. dunno if they'd feel like doing that... in any case.. Tekken's control scheme is a lil more natural to me.At the time I was a big fan of DBZ (still am today) and haven't played much playstation games..but I thought the gameplay sucked a little. It didn't matter to be since it was DBZ. smile

I also think Tekken's control are better. VF doesn't look as fun either, IMO.

Sol Valentine
I would much prefer Tekken v.s. DOA.

NASA
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
I would much prefer Tekken v.s. DOA.

That will never happen but we could see DOA vs VF

Sado-sama
Agreed. The thought of there being a Tekken vs. DOA is laughable seeing as Itagaki devotes part of his life bashing Tekken and coming up with dumb excuses. I'm not implying anyone here thought there'll be one in the future though.

VF vs. DOA would be awesome. The crossover that's most likely to come about IMO is Tekken vs. VF after reading what was said in that link.

SaTsuJiN
At the time I was a big fan of DBZ (still am today) and haven't played much playstation games..but I thought the gameplay sucked a little. It didn't matter to be since it was DBZ. smile

I own the game.. am a fan of dbz.. and yes it was good at the time..

til I broke the rpg system and made my energy pellet rip off 9 lifebars

Sado-sama
It's pretty slow compared to today's DBZ games.

ragesRemorse
id rather see tekken VS soul calibur. There wouldnt be much contrast between the tekken and virtua fighter characters

SmashBro
I'd definitely want to see a Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter game. VF is much better rival for Tekken than DOA is in my opinion.

Wandering Flame
Same, because the majority of DOA characters look like animated CG characters. Tekken and VF characters try to look like real people.

Though the person that looks the closest to being real in DOA is Leon.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Same, because the majority of DOA characters look like animated CG characters. Tekken and VF characters try to look like real people.

Though the person that looks the closest to being real in DOA is Leon.

Yeah, for sho'. I like how Tekken and Virtua Fighter characters look realistic as well as have a realistic storyline. Of course, the Devil Gene and all is not realistic but the other things involving characters are.

Pulse2
The game would be the same as Capcom vs Marvel. 1 game, that contains all characters. Stories dont have to make sense, its basically a Tekken Tag lookalike.

I like VF, I just think that the characters move waaaaaaaay too fast to be normal, Tekken games have more FEEL to me, I can get into them easier, but I really think that fighters need to have more contact, I want the element of action movies, like Tony Jaa fights or Jet Li close fights, not this punch you, punch me routine.

But both games are similar, unlike DOA which is closer to DBZ then tekken and VF, all that dissapearing and blowing things up with magical ninja moves, the only magical character in Tekken to say the least is Devil as far as I have seen. So a Tekken vs DOA game wouldn't work. DOA characters look too anime, and Tekken characters don't have exaggeratedly large breasts, the combination would require a significant amount of changes to both games before they could fuse.

Besides, Itakagi hates Tekken, eff him :P And Sega and Namco have a closer relationship, the people making VF and Tekken are practically best mates, so they are more likely to do that. VF characters look more similar to Tekken, that type of game would work, not only that, sounds mega exciting, I hope they do do it.

Templares
Its been quite awhile since i played either fighter (i heard Tekken 6 is out, might gonna check that) but honestly i just dont see a Tekken vs. VF without some detrimental gameplay changes/compromises on both series.

Fallin Angel
Be kinda cool if they added in tag matches. I would love to have Aoi and Asuka team up in their traditional uniforms. ^_^

chillmeistergen
Tekken.

steverules
My fav tekken game has gotta be Tekken 4 big grin

Lazy MFer
I'm more use to VF, so I'll say VF.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.