(Is hate essential to development) If you don't know hate, how can you know love?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@
I heard this once and found it interesting.

Is hate something that everybody must feel in order to develope and learn new things?

If you don't know how to hate, how do you know how to love?

Shakyamunison
Hate is a controling emotion. You do not have to know hate to know love.

~Forever*Alone~
yeah i dont think you need hate to know love, but i believe to be able to appreciate love, knowing hate either helps or hinders, depending on the cirumstance.

lord xyz
Is asking obvious questions cool now?

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
yeah i dont think you need hate to know love, but i believe to be able to appreciate love, knowing hate either helps or hinders, depending on the cirumstance.

thumb up I agree big grin

inimalist
I wouldn't consider love and hate to be opposites in this way.

I would say hate and love are almost the same thing, one being positive the other negative, with indifference being the opposite to both.

In which case, yes, you must understand the concept of value before you can love or hate something.

SpearofDestiny
I agree with inimalist...

Love and Hate are both passions, and thier opposite would be indifference. Love and Hate can have the same intensity, and one can turn into the other over time.

leonheartmm
in my expirience, you dont have to know hate to know love at all. sumtimes, it makes you understand the value of love if u know hate, but its not really necessarry.

Crease
Originally posted by BlackC@

Is hate something that everybody must feel in order to develope and learn new things?

Exact opposite. I beleive you must know love to know hate. I once thought I knew what hate was, but was sadly mistaken. Then I lost someone I loved so much...I realized over the next year what hate truly is, and it ain't pretty. Once you know true love or hate, it changes you forever.

Neo Darkhalen

I only Hate.

Symmetric Chaos

You don't need to know how to hate to know how to love because they're not opposites. Even if they were it would only add a sense of proportion or create to circular argument that you need to know love to know hate to know love to know hate.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I only Hate.

How emo of you (yes Blackc@t, I said emo.).

Knowing hate to appreciate love is, imo, similar to not really appreciating something until you lose it.

So yeah I believe that knowing hate is essential to knowing love.

Atlantis001
I think we hate when we think we are not being loved. Hate is like a frustration I think... a frustration with love.

If it is like this, then I think it is possible to love without hating, if you don't get frustrated. But what someone must do to not get frustrated ?

lord xyz

If you don't know how to hate, how do you know how to love? We hate something because it's bad to us. If we don't hate, things will be bad to us without us knowing.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
How emo of you (yes Blackc@t, I said emo.).

Knowing hate to appreciate love is, imo, similar to not really appreciating something until you lose it.

So yeah I believe that knowing hate is essential to knowing love.

As the God of darkness and Destruction all I do is focus on dark quality's to make me stronger.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.