Do you honor Thy Mother and Father?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
My moms yea i guess, my pops..hm i dunno about that. Maybe..

FistOfThe North
And do you think people should?

SpearofDestiny
Ofcourse. Your mother and father gave you life. If they take care of you and treat you well, you should absolutely honor them.

Bardock42
No respect is something you have to earn. Your contribution in a hot group sex act 9 months prior to someone's birth doesn't count as deserving respect.

Shakyamunison
If you don't respect your Mother and Father, how can you respect yourself?

lord xyz
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
My moms yea i guess, my pops..hm i dunno about that. Maybe.. Your father must be white.

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by Bardock42
No respect is something you have to earn. Your contribution in a hot group sex act 9 months prior to someone's birth doesn't count as deserving respect.

laughing

Well...you still have to respect your mother. She earned it by having her vagina ripped open so you can exist, rather than aborting your sorry ass :P

lord xyz
No respect is something you have to earn. Your contribution in a hot group sex act 9 months prior to someone's birth doesn't count as deserving respect. Anyone who went through sex with one of my parents just to make me is a hero.

Bardock42
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
laughing

Well...you still have to respect your mother. She earned it by having her vagina ripped open so you can exist, rather than aborting your sorry ass :P No. If she's some stupid **** that treats you like shit you don't need to respect her, imo.

SpearofDestiny
No. If she's some stupid **** that treats you like shit you don't need to respect her, imo.

True. You don't, if she abuses you.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lord xyz
Anyone who went through sex with one of my parents just to make me is a hero.

laughing Come one now, admit it, you think your mom is hot. laughing

debbiejo
I agree, respect needs to be earned. Just like respect can be lost.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by lord xyz
Your father must be white.

His was really light skinned but that wasn't the reason. I just felt indifferent about him. What's to honor. He wasn't as great as he could've been. And i never learned anything from him, so..but he was still my dad. I can at least say that.

debbiejo
Well, there is honor to him for giving you birth, providing a home..etc. And there are many different sorts of honor as well.

Boris
Yes, yes I do.

This really has nothing to do with Religion though.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Boris
Yes, yes I do.

This really has nothing to do with Religion though.

Of course it does; it's one of the Commandments.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
If you don't respect your Mother and Father, how can you respect yourself?

I respect them, but to be honest, I really can hate my mom at times.

My dad's cool, he's always been there for me, and gave me refuge when my mother would go insane, and be an abusive *****. I love her, but I really don't like her, 90% of the time.

chillmeistergen
I love them utterly and completely, they've given me everything I have and never asked for anything in return, I know, I know like they ought to. But I can't imagine a life without them, and it breaks my heart to think that one day I will almost definitely have to live a life without them there.

debbiejo
Being there for you is one thing, but what if one was a criminal or perverse?

Nellinator
Honor =/= respect =/= obedience necessarily.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Nellinator
Honor =/= respect =/= obedience necessarily. That's not quite correct:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=honor

I can't but assume that the biblical honor means respect here, otherwise it is utterly inexplicable to me.

leonheartmm
i give them respect. but in my heart, i do not respect them. i dislike my father{used to hate him before. for very justified reasons. but that just seemed pathetic so now its indifference.dislike} . my mother can be insane at times, but i suppose thats the enviornment that surrounds her n what shes been though, so yea i do care for her.

Nellinator
That's not quite correct:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=honor

I can't but assume that the biblical honor means respect here, otherwise it is utterly inexplicable to me. Well, we'd have to see what the word translated as honour actually means, which hopefully I will find time to look up tomorrow.

BackFire
I do.

I love both my parents dearly and have infinite respect for them, they're the best people I know.

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire
I do.

I love both my parents dearly and have infinite respect for them, they're the best people I know. Yet you'd make a sex joke about them any second.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by BackFire
I do.

I love both my parents dearly and have infinite respect for them, they're the best people I know.

yea right. whose skins are you wearing *******! stick out tongue

Impediment
I love my mom and dad, but not becasue I have to according to some ancient, mythological law.

Respect is earned, not automatic. It should be based on the parents' performance.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
I love my mom and dad, but not becasue I have to according to some ancient, mythological law.

Respect is earned, not automatic. It should be based on the parents' performance.

Man, at least I paraphrased him.

BackFire
Yet you'd make a sex joke about them any second.

They wouldn't have it any other way.

Impediment
Man, at least I paraphrased him.

headbang Paraphrased!!

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Impediment

god damn right it is. my parents are bitchs. i dont respect my parents at all. hell i cant wait to move. ut thats because of how they treat me. its no "lack of faith" its just them being assholes.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by chickenlover98
god damn right it is. my parents are bitchs. i dont respect my parents at all. hell i cant wait to move. ut thats because of how they treat me. its no "lack of faith" its just them being assholes.

its good to atleast "try" not to hate. its better to try and see things from the perspective of others, if you can, try and help them or change yourself. if they truly are completely{not likely} in the wrong, then call them misled. doesnt mean you let others take advantage of u, just means that hating isnt a very nice thing.

FistOfThe North
I honor my parents sometimes to most of the time.

And fully honoring someone 24/7 - 365d/yr. is unrealistic cause they aren't perfect either. Is the text saying I honor my parents regardless of anything. if so I disagree with that.

What if my father murdered an Innocent child on purpose let's say out of selfishness or greed. Shall i still honor him?

Quiero Mota

What if my father murdered an Innocent child on purpose let's say out of selfishness or greed. Shall i still honor him?

You should still love him porque he's your dad, despite what he did.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
You should still love him porque he's your dad, despite what he did.

A line has to be drawn, Mota.

Ok if God forbid your pops killed your moms by dometic violence would you still love and honor your father?

debbiejo
I've pitched them, and going for the Grandma behind door number 2, Mr. Barker. big grin

Quiero Mota

Ok if God forbid your pops killed your moms by dometic violence would you still love and honor your father?

Maybe not honor, but love. Blood is thicker than water.

debbiejo
Yeah, can't throw them away no matter how hard you try......they're sticky like glue or sap.

Jbill311
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Maybe not honor, but love. Blood is thicker than water.

But the dregs of a protein drink are thicker than blood...

sammii

Not a chance i,d kill him...

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by sammii
Not a chance i,d kill him...

Kill your father, lol.

If that happened I don't think your mother would've wanted that for you.

Deja~vu
I would always honor my father and mother. I might not agree with them, but I would give them the honor they would deserve. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Storm
Every human being deserves some basic minimum of respect right from the beginning imo. Their actions may lead to greater respect over time, or they may strain the ability to maintain that minimum.

Mindship
Do I? Yes.
Should you? Yes.

Agreed: respect is to be earned, and it can be lost. But my feeling is, it's reasonable to start off respecting mom and dad (in most cases, anyway), if only because they did treat you well enough to where you now can ponder the question.

FistOfThe North
Yea and just honoring their title/authority isn't enough. You have to honor the person.

You physically came from their bodies followed by the bring up. I'd call that an honor worthy sacrifice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.