Uther Lightbringer Vs. Nightmare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Diamond Kisses
http://www.worldofwarcraft-alliance.com/uploads/pics/paladin.jpg

Vs.

http://ada69.blog.jeuxvideo.com/images/mn/1124838577.jpg

Violent2Dope
Uther is a big guy in a cape and armor.

Nightmare kills big guys with capes and armor.

You do the math.

Diamond Kisses
Nightmare is a big guy with an unholy nature.

Uther kills big guys with an unholy nature.

You do the math.

Sado-sama
They'd both rather have buttsecks.

You do the math.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
Nightmare is a big guy with an unholy nature.

Uther kills big guys with an unholy nature.

You do the math. Touche.

Burning thought
Uther, quite easily

Violent2Dope
How so?

Burning thought
Divine shield--->invincible---->Holy light beam/blast and DOT---->dead evil enemy

that thing looks both evil and unholy....

Violent2Dope
You must not know much about NM.

Burning thought
not really, is he not evil?

Violent2Dope
Yeah, but it's not like he hasn't faced holy powers of great magnitude before.

Burning thought
well hell be under the effect of many, damage over times that dissolve evil, blasts of light, beams..fighting a guy whos challenged Evil his life, a master paladin of the order who will be running around indestructable through most of it, he can heal himself also so even if his shield disapeared, Nightmare would have to kill him fast which would be difficult with his powerful enchanted armour and his massive hammer, the cooldown i think is very quick for the shield so he could have it up in not long, Paladins also have a large variety of attacks to stun and dissorintate, he could have a massive area of holy area around him burning any evil that comes in. If i remember he can also create holy chains but this may be the priests.

Hes not likely to lose.

General Kaliero
I don't know much about Uther, but Nightmare is a handful. He drains life energy and souls just by being nearby, and can use that energy to recharge his own. He's also the embodiment of Soul Edge, and it's been said Soulcalibur is the only thing that can truly destroy Soul Edge.

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
http://www.worldofwarcraft-alliance.com/uploads/pics/paladin.jpg

Vs.

http://ada69.blog.jeuxvideo.com/images/mn/1124838577.jpg

Despite that it pains me, since Nightmare is one of my favorite characters.. He'll be crushed.. and he'll be crushed hard sad

Burning thought
Originally posted by General Kaliero
I don't know much about Uther, but Nightmare is a handful. He drains life energy and souls just by being nearby, and can use that energy to recharge his own. He's also the embodiment of Soul Edge, and it's been said Soulcalibur is the only thing that can truly destroy Soul Edge.
thats likely so but the amount of shields Uther has plus his divine shield would make him immune to all that he can do, if he cannot truly be destroyed then he will have to be defeated. Smashed beyond all reason to excist perhaps, have his body blasted with buckets of holy magic wrapped up in the fact Uther has so many powers and shocks to stop Nightmare, i just cant see how he will win.

Violent2Dope
Okay, one thing about NM is his inexhaustibly stamina, the guy literally runs thru continents like Asia, slaying any army that dares to challenge him, without stopping. Then there is his durability, the guy can survive magma, as it has literally come out of his own body, and his arm(the big one) can block massive swords from superhuman people. He is pretty fast for the sword that he uses as well, which is as tall as him(5'6"wink. The sword he uses is called Soul Edge, it is an immensely powerful evil blade that possesses its wielder, and turns them into a being like NM. In other words, it is the sword that is using the body. The sword is capable of corrupting many who come in contact with it.

Still think Uther will easily win?

Burning thought
as i said, what can he possibly do? Uthers behind an invulerable shield, his hammer charged with holy energy which is usually the bane of unholy beings, on an incredible level, Nightmare will not be able to outlast Uther, eventually Nightmare will fall beaten and crushed, then will lose through incapacitation.

uther cannot be touched behind a divine bubble and has magic of his own and abilities to knock Nightmare down. Shocks and holy stuns

Violent2Dope
Uther is not outlasting someone with the stamina of NM. Also, when he fought Kilik, Xiangua, and Maxi, Xiangua was using Soul Calibur, a powerful holy weapon made to fight Soul Edge, and Kilik was using Kali Yuga, a weapon made from Soul Calibur, and tho they defeated him, they could not kill him.

As for the shield, has his shield ever withstood a blast like this?

NHmd1LyKfXY

Oh, and this is a NM who not only doesn't even have a host, but doesn't even have Soul Edge. In other words, MUCH weaker than his prime.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Uther is not outlasting someone with the stamina of NM. Also, when he fought Kilik, Xiangua, and Maxi, Xiangua was using Soul Calibur, a powerful holy weapon made to fight Soul Edge, and Kilik was using Kali Yuga, a weapon made from Soul Calibur, and tho they defeated him, they could not kill him.

As for the shield, has his shield ever withstood a blast like this?

NHmd1LyKfXY

Oh, and this is a NM who not only doesn't even have a host, but doesn't even have Soul Edge. In other words, MUCH weaker than his prime.

His shield nor any paladins shield is ever broken and its a rule thats its indestructable no matter who your facing, if its hit with a force or attack, it doesnt weaken, like kains shield, only ofcourse this one does not reflect but it makes the user invulerable to all harm for a duration. The shield is supposedly powered by a the God they worship, although wether the being is actually a true God or not is unlikely, its probably a Titan or Elune since she is quite vast unless Darth knows who they worship and where the power is from.

can you show me Nightmare surviving many high powered beams of magic energy? Magic energy that covers his body?

Darth Extecute
Uther is basically a Highlord Bolovar times hundred.. His skills in combat are vast.. His powers against demons, undead and unholy entities is immense.. His hammer is made out of adamantium, blessed for battles against unholy entities.. His gloves too, are made of a magical matter and aids him in the battle against the unholy, just like his mace..

The fact that Nightmare battled holy factors before, is nothing compared to Uther.. Who can draw immense amounts of light and focus them as a powerful, holy attack that will strike anyone that defy the light.. He remain invournable trough majort parts of any battle and his endurance is enormous.. Even though Nightmare goes for Uther during the time that he isnt invournable, its not certain that he will bring him down before he can go invournable again..

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Burning thought
His shield nor any paladins shield is ever broken and its a rule thats its indestructable no matter who your facing, if its hit with a force or attack, it doesnt weaken, like kains shield, only ofcourse this one does not reflect but it makes the user invulerable to all harm for a duration. The shield is supposedly powered by a the God they worship, although wether the being is actually a true God or not is unlikely, its probably a Titan or Elune since she is quite vast unless Darth knows who they worship and where the power is from.

can you show me Nightmare surviving many high powered beams of magic energy? Magic energy that covers his body? 1. Okay. Even if it didn't hurt, it would still knock him far back, and when the shield wears off, bye bye Uther.

2. Well, I couldn't, only person who can do stuff like that is Taki, and I don't think NM and Taki have ever fought.

Darth Extecute

can you show me Nightmare surviving many high powered beams of magic energy? Magic energy that covers his body?

Not a God.. Light itself.. I'm uncertain if they believe light to be an actual entity, or if they just believe it to be a force of the universe..

Anyway, Uther was the first paladin, the most powerful paladin and the perfect choice in a battle against unholy entities ((Nightmare))

The shield itself withstand ANY damage.. Nothing can penetrate it.. Not even Archimonde holds enough power to break trough a shield of that strength..

It's the full power of the light gathered in one protective spell..

Burning thought
1. Okay. Even if it didn't hurt, it would still knock him far back, and when the shield wears off, bye bye Uther.

2. Well, I couldn't, only person who can do stuff like that is Taki, and I don't think NM and Taki have ever fought.

1. whys that? bye bye uther, not read what DE said about what Uther uses, he wars all sorts of powerful gear and can amp himself with half his spell list....his strength is likely on par with nightmare and whats nightmare going to do? the shield lasts more than long enough....Also it didnt knock that guy on the hill off his feet did it? nopes...uther is likely just to stun nightmare before he can do any attacks then go in for the kill

2. okie so theres nothing to say he can survive having his body bathed in holy energy, especially of uthers level....

uther wins, easily if Nightmare does that queer attack in the video

Violent2Dope
1. whys that? bye bye uther, not read what DE said about what Uther uses, he wars all sorts of powerful gear and can amp himself with half his spell list....his strength is likely on par with nightmare and whats nightmare going to do? the shield lasts more than long enough....Also it didnt knock that guy on the hill off his feet did it? nopes...uther is likely just to stun nightmare before he can do any attacks then go in for the kill

2. okie so theres nothing to say he can survive having his body bathed in holy energy, especially of uthers level....

uther wins, easily if Nightmare does that queer attack in the video 1. That guy on the hill is Zasalamel, one of the strongest SC characters, and guess what it did, it disintegrated him. Strength on par with NM? NM knocks multiple armored soldiers away with a one-armed swing of his sword. He stopped a blade with one arm from a superhuman individual, the sword was as big as NM's btw. Stun NM? NM is likely just to do the ZOMGXPLOSION attack at the beginning of the fight.

2. He can survive magma over his body. He can survive wounds from Soul Calibur and Kali Yuga.

Queer attack?

Burning thought
1. That guy on the hill is Zasalamel, one of the strongest SC characters, and guess what it did, it disintegrated him. Strength on par with NM? NM knocks multiple armored soldiers away with a one-armed swing of his sword. He stopped a blade with one arm from a superhuman individual, the sword was as big as NM's btw. Stun NM? NM is likely just to do the ZOMGXPLOSION attack at the beginning of the fight.

2. He can survive magma over his body. He can survive wounds from Soul Calibur and Kali Yuga.

Queer attack?

1. yeh, and he doesnt have uthers shield either...so uther wont be disintegrated, so...Uther has smashes all kinds of demons several times larger than humans and heavier than they in the air>>couple of armoured soldiers. Yeh and that attack took a fairly long charge up, all Uthers spells are instant, they happen on a whim so Nightmare woudl end up stunned and vulerable and then destroyed by holy magic

2. Magma does not equel holy magic and surviving wounds from holy weapons are not equel to having your body covered in holy energy

yeh the explosion, its too slow

Darth Extecute
Uther doesnt match Nightmare's strength.. but Nightmare will still lose.. Uthers stregth isnt his advantage.. his holy magic is.. and if the zomgxplosion is done in the start, Uther will bubble in the start and concentrate light upon the channeling Nightmare.. I'm uncertain how powerful the hammer of justice is for Uther.. I do know he's better than Bolovar, and Bolovar IS powerful.. and he is capable of stunning a number of dragonkins at once.. If looking at WoW, Bolovar even stood strong against Illidan ((for a while.. Died eventually, but lets not bring Illidan into this))

Soul Calibur and Kali Yuga isnt light manifested.. Sure, they are blessed with it, but Uther is nearly litteraly the right hand of light.. He can bring forth a vastly larger quantity of light than any SC character.. And enchant himself to make it even stronger.. not to mention have his light become manifested in his hammer before dealing a crushing blow.. Each strike that Nightmare recieve, each beam of light and each blast will be more light individually than what Nightmare has faced ever before..

Violent2Dope
1. yeh, and he doesnt have uthers shield either...so uther wont be disintegrated, so...Uther has smashes all kinds of demons several times larger than humans and heavier than they in the air>>couple of armoured soldiers. Yeh and that attack took a fairly long charge up, all Uthers spells are instant, they happen on a whim so Nightmare woudl end up stunned and vulerable and then destroyed by holy magic

2. Magma does not equel holy magic and surviving wounds from holy weapons are not equel to having your body covered in holy energy

yeh the explosion, its too slow 1. NM sends a dozen flying with one swing, using one arm. Compare. Oh, and then there is the single-handedly catching the big sword feat. That attack took a charge up? No it didn't, he did it after eating their souls, and let me remind you this is WEAK WEAK WEAK NM. In the game, he can do it instantly as an attack.

2. Magma equals really really hot. NM fights with holy weapons all the time, and takes blows from them. When NM was created after Siegfried took hold of Soul Edge, a phenomenom known as the "Evil Seed" took place, instantly, planetwide corruption began taking place all thruout the world, all of which came from Soul Edge.

No its not.

Burning thought
he needs souls to do it from the area? well he doesnt even have souls at all in this battle not to menstion he does charge, he doesnt do it instantly, dont be silly you can see it clearly. Show me him doing it at that level of power in-game and instantly hwoever if this can be proven ,regardless it wont help him at all, hell be destroyed by holy magic as Darth said.

Darth Extecute
In the game, he does a similar attack.. And like you said yourself, he did it after eating their souls.. The only soul on this battlefield is Uthers.. Which mean, not a lot of soulpower to use.. Like you also said, he had fought an army.. The blast in the video is after absorbing... quite a lot of souls.. And its not weak weak weak Nightmare.. Dont make things up.. Unless your bringing Night Terror into this..

With Uthers divine protection, he could basically swim in magma.. He may fight holy weapons at all time, but nothing in SC can match Uther in holy power..

Violent2Dope
He was WEAK WEAK WEAK in SCIII. How do I know? He had no body, he was just a suit of armor, no host. He didn't even have Soul Edge for crying out loud!!! How is that not weak? He didn't have to absorb souls to power the attack, he is eating souls to sustain him until he gets his body and Soul Edge back.

Soul Calibur can't match Uther's holy power?

Darth Extecute
He was WEAK WEAK WEAK in SCIII. How do I know? He had no body, he was just a suit of armor, no host. He didn't even have Soul Edge for crying out loud!!! How is that not weak? He didn't have to absorb souls to power the attack, he is eating souls to sustain him until he gets his body and Soul Edge back.

Soul Calibur can't match Uther's holy power?

Weaker? Sure.. WEAK WEAK WEAK? Nope..

Oh? He didnt? But you just said he triggered it trough eating their souls.. And the movie indicate the same thing.. Or do you have proof somewhere? Maybe parts of the game that I have missed, that says he can do a blast of that level without souls? Because if you do so, please enlighten me..

And Soul Calibur can't match Uther's holy powers in the battle against an unholy entity, no..

Remindme
Here's my Opinion:

1: Nightmare is Considerably Stronger

2: Nightmare has never fought anythnig close to Uther in terms of Holy power

3: Nightmare can only do that explosive blast AFTER consuming many souls

4: Paladins are trained to slay the Unholy, e.i. demons + undead, thus giving Uther the advantage here

5: Uther has fought with more demons than Nightmare has fought Holy.

In conculsion i rate this battle 6.5/10 to Uther.

Nice Diamond, you finally made a close battle big grin congratulations stick out tongue

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Remindme
Here's my Opinion:

1: Nightmare is Considerably Stronger

2: Nightmare has never fought anythnig close to Uther in terms of Holy power

3: Nightmare can only do that explosive blast AFTER consuming many souls

4: Paladins are trained to slay the Unholy, e.i. demons + undead, thus giving Uther the advantage here

5: Uther has fought with more demons than Nightmare has fought Holy.

In conculsion i rate this battle 6.5/10 to Uther.

Nice Diamond, you finally made a close battle big grin congratulations stick out tongue 1. Yep.

2. LOL WUT!? Soul Calibur is Soul Edges equal in every way, Soul Edge caused planetary corruption, SC can easily heal it.

3. Nope. Those souls are used to permanently increase his power. He does a similar gameplay version of that blast when you use him. At his prime(with Siegfried's body and a complete Soul Edge), he could do it quite easily.

4. Nightmare can corrupt the rightous and good.

5. True enough.

6.5-7/10 to NM IMO.

DK made a close battle!? NOEZ!! over

Sado-sama
DK made a close battle!? NOEZ!! over stick out tongue

Diamond Kisses
Each failed thread is one step closer to a success shrug

Remindme
1. Yep.

2. LOL WUT!? Soul Calibur is Soul Edges equal in every way, Soul Edge caused planetary corruption, SC can easily heal it.

3. Nope. Those souls are used to permanently increase his power. He does a similar gameplay version of that blast when you use him. At his prime(with Siegfried's body and a complete Soul Edge), he could do it quite easily.

4. Nightmare can corrupt the rightous and good.

5. True enough.

6.5-7/10 to NM IMO.

DK made a close battle!? NOEZ!! over

1. Uther is most most powerful Paladin in the human History, I rate his holy power higher than Soul Caliburs due to the user won't be able to use Sc'S power as well as Uther can use his.

2. Prove it, The only tiem i have ever seen him do that is After the consumption of Soul. PROVE me otherwise.

3. Nightmare won't Corrupt Uther in the space of a battle, that idea is retarded

Violent2Dope
1. Uther is most most powerful Paladin in the human History, I rate his holy power higher than Soul Caliburs due to the user won't be able to use Sc'S power as well as Uther can use his.

2. Prove it, The only tiem i have ever seen him do that is After the consumption of Soul. PROVE me otherwise.

3. Nightmare won't Corrupt Uther in the space of a battle, that idea is retarded 1. SC powers work by themselves, and only the right kinda person can use it. SC>>>Uther in holy power.

2. In gameplay. Souls only satiate his hunger to keep him alive.

3. Never said he would.

Remindme
1. SC powers work by themselves, and only the right kinda person can use it. SC>>>Uther in holy power.

2. In gameplay. Souls only satiate his hunger to keep him alive.

3. Never said he would.

1. Mmkay, prove it, since you know Uthers holy power

2. It's no where near the size of the on in the cinematic.

3. You suggested he would

Violent2Dope
1. Mmkay, prove it, since you know Uthers holy power

2. It's no where near the size of the on in the cinematic.

3. You suggested he would 1. SC's holy power is stated to be equal to SE's corruptive evil powers, which cause planetary corruption, which is easily healed even by that tiny ass jewel on Kilik's necklace, which is only a much weaker aspect of SC.

2. Durz, gameplay.

3. No, but it COULD cancel out his purification power.

Darth Extecute
1. SC's holy power is stated to be equal to SE's corruptive evil powers, which cause planetary corruption, which is easily healed even by that tiny ass jewel on Kilik's necklace, which is only a much weaker aspect of SC.

2. Durz, gameplay.

3. No, but it COULD cancel out his purification power.

So it can counter the Soul Edge.. It can cure what the Soul Edge can set in motion at a planet scale.. That doesnt mean it can do anything that is considered below that in rank.. If what you say is correct, then you have said yourself that it is optimized to counter Soul Edge.. So, that's about all we can say about it.. What Soul Edge can do, Soul Calibur can counter..

What light can do, Uther can do.. It's quite the larger scale of possibilities..

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Darth Extecute
So it can counter the Soul Edge.. It can cure what the Soul Edge can set in motion at a planet scale.. That doesnt mean it can do anything that is considered below that in rank.. If what you say is correct, then you have said yourself that it is optimized to counter Soul Edge.. So, that's about all we can say about it.. What Soul Edge can do, Soul Calibur can counter..

What light can do, Uther can do.. It's quite the larger scale of possibilities.. Kinda, it was made as the opposite of SE, it is as holy as SE is evil.

Remindme
Question now is how evil is Soul Edge compared to the Warcraft Verse

Violent2Dope
Question now is how evil is Soul Edge compared to the Warcraft Verse Once it found Siegfried as a host, it cause planetary corruption, in the form of the Evil Seed, and causes good peoples to go bad. dur

Remindme
Question, How do you know people going from good to bad is Soul Edges power. Thousands of stories have people go from good to bad because of desire, whats your proof it is Soul Edge's power making people bad?

Violent2Dope
Question, How do you know people going from good to bad is Soul Edges power. Thousands of stories have people go from good to bad because of desire, whats your proof it is Soul Edge's power making people bad? The sword alter their personality to the point they are not even vaguely human, take a look at NM and Cervantes. The sword corrupted Raphael, who was originally going to destroy the sword.

Darth Extecute
Kinda, it was made as the opposite of SE, it is as holy as SE is evil.

So, because of ONE ability, you consider it more evil than anything Uther has ever fought?

Sol Valentine
The sword alter their personality to the point they are not even vaguely human, take a look at NM and Cervantes. The sword corrupted Raphael, who was originally going to destroy the sword.

Did Raphael change?

Violent2Dope
So, because of ONE ability, you consider it more evil than anything Uther has ever fought? What gave you the impression it can only do one thing? It can do corruption on a planetary scale, it can drain souls from those it kills, it possesses its hosts, taking control of their mind and disfiguring their apearance(take a look at NM's claw and mouth boobs), among others I may of forgot. Oh, and it increases the wielder's power to high levels.

Sol Valentine
Plus, I've conluded that NM, or those who have ben corrupted by SE, fight nonstop due to thier high stamina.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Plus, I've conluded that NM, or those who have ben corrupted by SE, fight nonstop due to thier high stamina. Well that's a no shit.

Sol Valentine
Does Uther have a high stamina, cause if he dosen't, he might as well not fight seeing as NM won't stop for anything.

Violent2Dope
Does Uther have a high stamina, cause if he dosen't, he might as well not fight seeing as NM won't stop for anything. I don't know.

Neo Darkhalen
NM would win, look at him!

Darth Extecute
Does Uther have a high stamina, cause if he dosen't, he might as well not fight seeing as NM won't stop for anything.

Well.. on the battlefield, he ran alongside with horsemen uneffected by exhaustion.. He doesnt stay for breath and he can keep fighting for a long time.. I'm not saying he has unlimited, but he has high stamina..

Violent2Dope
Well.. on the battlefield, he ran alongside with horsemen uneffected by exhaustion.. He doesnt stay for breath and he can keep fighting for a long time.. I'm not saying he has unlimited, but he has high stamina.. But is his stamina even comparable to NM's?

Darth Extecute
But is his stamina even comparable to NM's?

Nope.. But this wont be an everlasting battle anyway..

Furion
If Uther's so high an mighty, then why did Arthas kick his ass along with a bunch off other high ranking paladins when he(Arthas)wasn't at his full power.And Nightmare could kick Arthas's ass if he wasn't possessed by Nerzhul.Therefore Nightmare could kick Uther's ass.

Diamond Kisses
Originally posted by Furion
If Uther's so high an mighty, then why did Arthas kick his ass along with a bunch off other high ranking paladins when he(Arthas)wasn't at his full power.And Nightmare could kick Arthas's ass if he wasn't possessed by Nerzhul.Therefore Nightmare could kick Uther's ass.

I will leave you to the wolves/Darth Extecute, even though I disagree with your logic yes

Burning thought

you a Nightmare fan by any chance?

Furion
you a Nightmare fan by any chance?

No, I like Siegried more, but Nightmare is pretty much Arthas when he turned to a Death Knight, cept more powerful. If Uther was killed by Arthas when he(Arthas) was new to the whole Unholy powers thing, then Nightmare would have an even higher chance of killing Uther.

Darth Extecute

lol.. kek.. omg.. etc, etc..

If you dont know lore well enough, maybe you should avoid giving "obvious" statements..

Uther fought Arthas and HIS minions.. Arthas could NEVER take on the Silver Hand paladins on his own.. EVER.. He would barely be capable of taking Tirion on, even at his strongest..

Uther lost because of his remaining love for Arthas ((See Starwars Episode 3 for a resembling story)) Uther didnt want to slay Arthas, therefore held back during the fight.. And Uther was the outnumbered, NOT Arthas..

Furion
I never really got that fight when I played it and I never said Arthas was outnumbered. But Nightmare at his prime would be way more powerful then Arthas at the time so I would think the battle would be even in terms of power. Magic is the only place where Nightmare really gets beaten at unless there's something about Uther I don't know.

Gunsmith
You see there was this guy name the Ashbringer. He could kill thousands of undead at a time. And Uther was superior to him. Uther was the light made manifest.

Darth Extecute
I never really got that fight when I played it and I never said Arthas was outnumbered. But Nightmare at his prime would be way more powerful then Arthas at the time so I would think the battle would be even in terms of power. Magic is the only place where Nightmare really gets beaten at unless there's something about Uther I don't know.

You need to open your mind somewhat.. In lore, Arthas isnt undead when they encounter.. Thus' Uther isnt as strong against him as he should be.. Nightmare however, you cant become much more unholy than that.. And unholy entities and especially undeads and demons is what Uther battle best..

And you did say that Arthas slayed Uther and his paladins.. Arthas as I mentioned would be happy if he brought ONE paladin down.. not neccessarily Uther..

Violent2Dope
If Uther's so high an mighty, then why did Arthas kick his ass along with a bunch off other high ranking paladins when he(Arthas)wasn't at his full power.And Nightmare could kick Arthas's ass if he wasn't possessed by Nerzhul.Therefore Nightmare could kick Uther's ass. A>B>C logic. Don't use it, it doesn't work.

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by Gunsmith
You see there was this guy name the Ashbringer. He could kill thousands of undead at a time. And Uther was superior to him. Uther was the light made manifest.

Ashbringer is a blade, forged by the might Mograine.. But you are right about Uther.. He is the most powerful Paladin that has lived, and died because of his love and faith for his former student and friend..

Putting Uther against nearly ANY undead can only have one outcome.. Heck, Uther would bring Kel'Thuzad and Sapphiron down.. Probably Anub'Arak and...

Yes, even Gorefiend..

Remindme
Yes, even Gorefiend..

No wai!

Furion
I said before, Nightmare is basically exactly like Arthas in MOST ways cept Nightmare wears a helmet. Even Siegfried and Arthas's hair face look the same. Nightmare isn't undead or a demon but a person possessed by an unholy beng/sword. So it should work the sameway with Nightmare that it did with Arthas cept Uther wouldn't holdback.

Violent2Dope
Lol, he wouldn't beat ANY undead.

I concede that he beats Nightmare tho.

Darth Extecute
I said before, Nightmare is basically exactly like Arthas in MOST ways cept Nightmare wears a helmet. Even Siegfried and Arthas's hair face look the same. Nightmare isn't undead or a demon but a person possessed by an unholy beng/sword. So it should work the sameway with Nightmare that it did with Arthas cept Uther wouldn't holdback.

Dont even try tell me Nightmare isnt demonic.. I believe Soul Edge was even reffered to as the demon sword at one point..

No wai!

Wai!

Darth Extecute
Lol, he wouldn't beat ANY undead.

I concede that he beats Nightmare tho.

I was talking about the warcraft universe.. but I wouldnt be surprised if he can beat many other undeads too...

dont worry, I wont even start considering a DS fight..

Violent2Dope
I was talking about the warcraft universe.. but I wouldnt be surprised if he can beat many other undeads too...

dont worry, I wont even start considering a DS fight.. Well, I was actually thinking more of Kain when I said that.

Furion
Nightmare isn't demonic, he acts demonic but isn't. Maybe souledge is But it would be Uther vs A possessed person who is incredibly strong. There are people that would do the exact same thing Uther would do and failed..........And had their heads cut off..........and souls eaten.

Furion
Well, I was actually thinking more of Kain when I said that.
Please for the love of god, don't bring Kain into this.

Remindme
Wai!

Oh Noes!!1

Burning thought
huh wat??!!!!111oneonee111!!! did someone say kain???? durw00t

Furion
Now look what you did!

Darth Extecute
Nightmare isn't demonic, he acts demonic but isn't. Maybe souledge is But it would be Uther vs A possessed person who is incredibly strong. There are people that would do the exact same thing Uther would do and failed..........And had their heads cut off..........and souls eaten.

Nightmare IS more or less souledge, and nightmare IS demonic.. He IS unholy, and Uther IS the greatest paladin of existance, and has better chance against Nightmare than any other Soul Calibur character..

Uther more or less IS the light.. He isnt a mere human with holy abilities.. He is basically the right hand of light.. He could cause holy impacts that Nightmare has never experienced before..

Darth Extecute
huh wat??!!!!111oneonee111!!! did someone say kain???? durw00t

Kain > Uther

Now move along, nothing to see here..

Burning thought
Kain > Uther

Now move along, nothing to see here..

ohh phew, i thought i would be made to eat the souls of the sandals of Jesus for a minute there, thanks for teaching me the ways of Noah dude

Darth Extecute
ohh phew, i thought i would be made to eat the souls of the sandals of Jesus for a minute there, thanks for teaching me the ways of Noah dude

Yeah, we wouldnt want that..

Furion
Uther IS the greatest paladin of existance, and has better chance against Nightmare than any other Soul Calibur character..
OMFG ur SOOO wrong, Olcadan and Siegfried both have the best chance of defeating Nightmare for good. Nightmare has experienced blows from SoulEdge which you could say is possibly the most holy weapon ever. All Nighmare has to do is wait for that invulernable shield to drop and Uther's toast. Even Uther has to recharge his magic.

Violent2Dope
Don't bring Olcadan into this, way too powerful.

Darth Extecute
OMFG ur SOOO wrong, Olcadan and Siegfried both have the best chance of defeating Nightmare for good. Nightmare has experienced blows from SoulEdge which you could say is possibly the most holy weapon ever. All Nighmare has to do is wait for that invulernable shield to drop and Uther's toast. Even Uther has to recharge his magic.

"Just wait"?

"Just wait"?

I wish I could have that spoken to me in repeat.. It was hilarious..

Uther can attack while being invulernable.. He can give a more concentrated force of holy magic during that time than Soul Calibur could possibly deliver, and there's nada that Nightmare can do to defend himself.. Also, to add, in lore Uther never has to recharge his magic.. nearly no Warcraft character does.. that's only a gameplay thing to bring more challange..

Furion
screw it there's no convincing you. Let's just say Uther bashes Nightmare's kneecaps in and crushes his head with his hammer. There Satisfied. I just might make an Olcadan vs Uther Thread.

Burning thought
i like having new members, Furion and Gunslinger is it not

Darth Extecute
screw it there's no convincing you. Let's just say Uther bashes Nightmare's kneecaps in and crushes his head with his hammer. There Satisfied. I just might make an Olcadan vs Uther Thread.

Excellent.. Glad we got an understanding..

Violent2Dope
screw it there's no convincing you. Let's just say Uther bashes Nightmare's kneecaps in and crushes his head with his hammer. There Satisfied. I just might make an Olcadan vs Uther Thread. Olcadan would win...don't make it...the guy is the most powerful guy in SC, he rivaled the gods themselves from pure skill.

Furion
Yeah Olcadan would totally nail Uther's ass to the wall.

Darth Extecute
Yeah Olcadan would totally nail Uther's ass to the wall.

Uther isnt that powerful, really.. Only against undead/demonic/unholy entities.. There are MANY in the warcraft universe alone that would kick his ass..

Furion
No Uther is powerful against orcs. So much Green SO MUCH GREEN!!!!

Violent2Dope
Uther isnt that powerful, really.. Only against undead/demonic/unholy entities.. There are MANY in the warcraft universe alone that would kick his ass.. And Olcadan.

Darth Extecute
No Uther is powerful against orcs. So much Green SO MUCH GREEN!!!!

He does have merits to have slain A LOT of orcs..

And Olcadan.

And Olcadan..

Furion
smile O RLY!!!!!!!1

Violent2Dope
smile O RLY!!!!!!!1 Olcadan does have his own O RLY pics, as his head is an owl.

Furion
and as Uther walked away 500billion Nightmare clones appeared and stabbed uther till he was dead. Yes Souledge has the power to do that.

Gunsmith
BTW Burn thought were you say i am a new member(which i am), becuase my name isn;t Gunslinger, ITS THE GUNSMITH. BTW Uther would kick alot of warcraft people ass. Including Thrall and Hellscream, at the same time. Just saying.

Remindme
BTW Burn thought were you say i am a new member(which i am), becuase my name isn;t Gunslinger, ITS THE GUNSMITH. BTW Uther would kick alot of warcraft people ass. Including Thrall and Hellscream, at the same time. Just saying.

Grom would kill Uther IMO

Gunsmith
Grom would kill Uther IMO

Super Bubble Attack>Grom

Remember Uther can attack with his Bubble up

Darth Extecute

Uther VS Grom and Thrall wouldnt be even.. Uther could possibly take them on individually.. That is, if Grom arent bloodlusted..

Darkstorm Zero
This would have been a very different match had Nightmare been given Soul Edge (Complete Fusion)...

Night Terror would have smoked him 3 ways from Sunday.

TricksterPriest
Assuming Uther's anti-demon/undead powers work on Nightmare, he's boned.

Pallies are custom made to beat down 'evil' entities. Problem is the concept of evil. The WoW universe has insane pallies like the Scarlet Crusade, and the Argent Dawn. These guys aren't necessarily totally evil, but they are fanatics and not necessarily good.

So by that logic, how can there be evil paladins? What the f**k?

And yes, Night Terror would probably eat Uther alive.

As for Arthas beating the Silver Hand? Well, if we take cutscenes as canon (and to some extent we have to), then he did kill Uther solo. It gets left aside alot, but Arthas wasn't a rookie. He was a spectacular paladin, the best in the kingdom. Uther was grooming him as his successor. And the Lich King made Arthas his personal champion with Frostmourne, which is one of the best blades in the WoW universe.

Obsidian Fury
Arthas did not beat Uther solo. Uther stood alone, while Arthas brought troops. It was the part of the campaign where Arthas plowed trough the various paladin orders for the urn. Uther's last stand and he if anyone of the two- stood alone stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.