Time travel revealed!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cheesebits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX3VmDgiFnY

dadudemon
Interesting.

I understand about connecting different time lines by connecting planes...but what is the origin energy comprised of?(I mean complex OR simple.) How does it equate to time travel?

Captain King
Originally posted by dadudemon
Interesting.

I understand about connecting different time lines by connecting planes...but what is the origin energy comprised of?(I mean complex OR simple.) How does it equate to time travel?
I think he's saying time travel is simply another way to rotate.

It's like learning how to walk when you're a baby, eventualy our mids will learn how to rotate and move backward and foward in-time. As the dimension moves with us.

Cheesebits
If u can connect space, through energy?? says dadudeman, then you can connect in time.

Not sure about rotating, you mean the mind leaving the body via a fixed plane or deminsion?

ragesRemorse
I have a confession to make. I am actually a time traveler from the year 2037. My name is Jeremy Titov. I have been sent on a mission to travel to the year 2007 and warn people of a bullshit scam artist by the name of John Titor. Please do not believe his bukake. His story is nothing more than an elaborate three year stunt to promote a movie. In the year 2037. People have become blind to reality. This is in large part due to John Titor. As more and more people began to believe his story. They started to believe more conspiracy theories such as reptilians, zombie nazi's and the idea that the antichrist works for Disney. These ludacris beliefs took humanities focus away from such thing as global peace and self awareness. The future is a sad place. There is no Ice cream or ultra processed hamburgers. Only rocks on sticks.

Cheesebits
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I have a confession to make. I am actually a time traveler from the year 2037. My name is Jeremy Titov. I have been sent on a mission to travel to the year 2007 and warn people of a bullshit scam artist by the name of John Titor. Please do not believe his bukake. His story is nothing more than an elaborate three year stunt to promote a movie. In the year 2037. People have become blind to reality. This is in large part due to John Titor. As more and more people began to believe his story. They started to believe more conspiracy theories such as reptilians, zombie nazi's and the idea that the antichrist works for Disney. These ludacris beliefs took humanities focus away from such thing as global peace and self awareness. The future is a sad place. There is no Ice cream or ultra processed hamburgers. Only rocks on sticks.

yawns

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Cheesebits
yawns

thats how i feel when people try to scientifically explain fairy tales laughing out loud

Cheesebits
thats how i feel when people try to scientifically explain fairy tales laughing out loud

?

did u watch the video?

inimalist

indeed

Cheesebits
Originally posted by inimalist
indeed

You're judging something but didn't take the time to watch it? Bah.

inimalist
You're judging something but didn't take the time to watch it? Bah.

I did watch it

the video itself only deals with 3 dimensions and has no mention of time travel...

were the 4th dimension multi-directional, it might have some relevance, but seeing as time moves in one direction, the video is simply some cool lines and graphics

The Grey Fox
Time Travel is a paradox, since if it is going to happen, then it already has happened, meaning we would already know all it's secrets since we would have learnt it from our future selves, but we couldn't learn it that way since how would our future selves know that? hmm

If you get what I mean.

Magee
No you make some harsh generalisations in regards to time travel and there for conclude with your 10 I.Q logic that its impossible.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Magee
No you make some harsh generalisations in regards to time travel and there for conclude with your 10 I.Q logic that its impossible.

I'm afraid that if you want to communicate, English is best. Please rephrase that.

lord xyz
Connection with time travel and the video?

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by lord xyz
Connection with time travel and the video?

None whatsoever, but the cool lines and rotations were mesmerizing.

Cheesebits
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
None whatsoever, but the cool lines and rotations were mesmerizing.

the flat 2-d x-y plane is position/time, the 3-d sphere is xy-space/z-time, in the rotation translation

King Kandy
Time Travel? So the idea is that you'd use the Sphere-to-plane idea, and extend it to 4D object-to-3D Space?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that.

Cheesebits
Originally posted by King Kandy
Time Travel? So the idea is that you'd use the Sphere-to-plane idea, and extend it to 4D object-to-3D Space?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that.

if you are certain that it doesn't, then you must have something in mind, if not, how can you be so assertive in your position?

King Kandy
Well why would it? The vid has nothing in it that would prompt the title "Time Travel Revealed" whatsoever.

Bicnarok

The Grey Fox
Time is man made, if you understand what I mean hmm

Cheesebits
u dont deserve to know, assholes

inimalist
u dont deserve to know, assholes

would you care to explain how time is multidirectional?

I'll get the Nobel comity on the phone

Cheesebits
would you care to explain how time is multidirectional?

I'll get the Nobel comity on the phone

you feed diamonds to pigs, they will destory what they don't understand.

laugh laughing it's funny and i am truly sorry for ever sharing anything with the shits in here.

what did you do to someone's account on you_tube?

no one can share information with you, pretend or "pimp" ideas, and when you can't understand it, you hassle a person.

this is the WRONG BOARD FOR ME.

SO YOU ARE RIGHT, THIS WAS STUPID...OF ME.

inimalist
you feed diamonds to pigs, they will destory what they don't understand.

laugh laughing it's funny and i am truly sorry for ever sharing anything with the shits in here.

what did you do to someone's account on you_tube?

no one can share information with you, pretend or "pimp" ideas, and when you can't understand it, you hassle a person.

this is the WRONG BOARD FOR ME.

SO YOU ARE RIGHT, THIS WAS STUPID...OF ME.

so...

You post something unrelated to the topic of the thread you create, claim it as proof for a concept that defies all current understandings of physics, and I am comparable to a pig for asking you to describe the most basic part of what would be necessary for time travel.

you are right, this is the wrong board for you, I'd be happy if you didn't come back

Magee
Why do I get the feeling there is one person on here with like 30 accounts all acting in radically different ways which in the real world would label him / them as a schizophrenic.

The Grey Fox
so...

You post something unrelated to the topic of the thread you create, claim it as proof for a concept that defies all current understandings of physics, and I am comparable to a pig for asking you to describe the most basic part of what would be necessary for time travel.

you are right, this is the wrong board for you, I'd be happy if you didn't come back

It seems the OTF would prefer him, but I doubt it, even they would scorn this level of stupidity... hmm

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by Magee
Why do I get the feeling there is one person on here with like 30 accounts all acting in radically different ways which in the real world would label him / them as a schizophrenic.
You're more thinking DID.

dadudemon
I did watch it

the video itself only deals with 3 dimensions and has no mention of time travel...

were the 4th dimension multi-directional, it might have some relevance, but seeing as time moves in one direction, the video is simply some cool lines and graphics

Really.....this is a 4 dimensional projection on a 2 dimensional plan....

The sphere is 3 dimensions but the "energy source" for the projection is grouped with the sphere, because the sphere is the time-space projector. Just as time is considered the forth dimension, so can this undefined energy that is projected through the sphere.

IF we apply time to the plane, we don't necessarily have to consider it an additional dimension in this construct, we can consider time and space to be specific points on the 2 dimensional plane. The idea that people are referring to in this example is nothing new at all, by any stretch of the imagination. It is a variance on the old "fold a piece of paper over and poke a hole through it with a pencil" idea.

I thoroughly agree that time travel and travel to distant locations is not answered at all by any stretch of the imagination because this is only a souped up version of the old pencil through paper explanation of FTL. (Faster than light travel.)

Of course, this example is a tangible demonstration of an abstract process...this would require some sort of energy to pass through a device that plots time and space on an abstract construct...this process would somehow have to transfer matter to specific points on its abstract construct in order for FTL travel or time travel to occur....so, I can't see anyway that this would work because it wouldn't send energy to specific points...rather, it would send energy evenly distributed across all space time points or give an energy bias to a specific set of points when a spherical translation is performed on the projection.

Then this brings up another problem: .converting matter into energy and then converting that energy back into matter. That doesn't solve the problem of scattering that "energy" all over the place. In order for time space-time travel to work like this, the projection would have to be ridiculously precise. Maybe if the device is ultra complex, this "energy" would have to be projected again onto another projector which in turn is projector onto another projector and so on and so forth until you get a precise space-time point.

Still, this is very far fetched, under simplified, likely not going to aid in a solution, and is nothing new.

inimalist
I'll buy that, but I don't like it at all

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Inimalist, you might consider changing the word "bare" in your signature to "bear."

Cheesebits
Really.....this is a 4 dimensional projection on a 2 dimensional plan....

The sphere is 3 dimensions but the "energy source" for the projection is grouped with the sphere, because the sphere is the time-space projector. Just as time is considered the forth dimension, so can this undefined energy that is projected through the sphere.

IF we apply time to the plane, we don't necessarily have to consider it an additional dimension in this construct, we can consider time and space to be specific points on the 2 dimensional plane. The idea that people are referring to in this example is nothing new at all, by any stretch of the imagination. It is a variance on the old "fold a piece of paper over and poke a hole through it with a pencil" idea.

I thoroughly agree that time travel and travel to distant locations is not answered at all by any stretch of the imagination because this is only a souped up version of the old pencil through paper explanation of FTL. (Faster than light travel.)

Of course, this example is a tangible demonstration of an abstract process...this would require some sort of energy to pass through a device that plots time and space on an abstract construct...this process would somehow have to transfer matter to specific points on its abstract construct in order for FTL travel or time travel to occur....so, I can't see anyway that this would work because it wouldn't send energy to specific points...rather, it would send energy evenly distributed across all space time points or give an energy bias to a specific set of points when a spherical translation is performed on the projection.

Then this brings up another problem: .converting matter into energy and then converting that energy back into matter. That doesn't solve the problem of scattering that "energy" all over the place. In order for time space-time travel to work like this, the projection would have to be ridiculously precise. Maybe if the device is ultra complex, this "energy" would have to be projected again onto another projector which in turn is projector onto another projector and so on and so forth until you get a precise space-time point.

Still, this is very far fetched, under simplified, likely not going to aid in a solution, and is nothing new.

will respond later

Bardock42
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Inimalist, you might consider changing the word "bare" in your signature to "bear." DON'T FORCE YOUR FASCIST VOCABULARY BELIEVES ON HIM!!!

Bicnarok
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Time is man made, if you understand what I mean hmm

I totally understand what you mean, Ive read loads of books on this stuff, Steven Hawkins "A Brief History of Time" is an excellent example of the insane fantasy of some scientists.

And then theres all this multiple reality rubbish started by the two slit experiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q4_nl0ICao

Admiral Akbar
the flat 2-d x-y plane is position/time, the 3-d sphere is xy-space/z-time, in the rotation translation

So what? I still fail to see how this would result in time travel.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
So what? I still fail to see how this would result in time travel.

Well, you see....when mommy dimension and a daddy dimension love each other....

InnerRise
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Time Travel is a paradox, since if it is going to happen, then it already has happened, meaning we would already know all it's secrets since we would have learnt it from our future selves, but we couldn't learn it that way since how would our future selves know that? hmm

If you get what I mean. Ummm..........how about the future generations being smart enough not to come back and tell us about it being that we'll eventually discover it ourselves as did the future generations.

Therefore they wouldn't come back and disrupt the past or cause any paradoxes.

Yeah.......duh.

And just to make it clear, I also believe in Alternate Universes.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Robtard
Originally posted by InnerRise
Ummm..........how about the future generations being smart enough not to come back and tell us about it being that we'll eventually discover it ourselves as did the future generations.

Therefore they wouldn't come back and disrupt the past or cause any paradoxes.

Yeah.......duh.

And just to make it clear, I also believe in Alternate Universes.

That's one huge assumption; it doesn't support time travel being possible, at all.

Do you have some proof to support your belief of Alternate Universes, or are you merely going on wishful thinking and faith?

InnerRise
Originally posted by Robtard
That's one huge assumption; it doesn't support time travel being possible, at all.

Do you have some proof to support your belief of Alternate Universes, or are you merely going on wishful thinking and faith? I was pointing out the flaw in his post and that is all. I wasn't trying to prove anything.

Oh yes.......I think I left my proof of Alternate Universes in my other pants pocket. Let me go get that for you..........

dadudemon
Oh yes.......I think I left my proof of Alternate Universes in my other pants pocket. Let me go get that for you..........

laughing laughing laughing

laughing

Why do I think that is so funny? Maybe its because I find really good smart ass remarks to be funny.

Robtard
I was pointing out the flaw in his post and that is all. I wasn't trying to prove anything.

Your point was nothing more than one huge assumption, "people in the future being responsible"; it doesn't point out his "flaw" at all.

It was a question... do you have some form of proof (or sound reason) to believe in Alternate Universes, or are you going of wishful thinking and faith?

Don't post your beliefs, then act like an idiot when someone questions and ask "why" and/or "how".

Robtard

Why do I think that is so funny? Maybe its because I find really good smart ass remarks to be funny.

Na, it's because you're both idiots.

If you make a statement about your beliefs on a message/debate board, expect to give answers when questioned about said beliefs.

Admiral Akbar
Well, you see....when mommy dimension and a daddy dimension love each other....

Oh..it all seems so clear now. Very well put.

dadudemon
Na, it's because you're both idiots.

If you make a statement about your beliefs on a message/debate board, expect to give answers when questioned about said beliefs.

But asking for evidence for something theoretical will always result in failure. Maybe he could list an expert source for his idea but that still wouldn't suffice because

1. It is beyond the scope of this message board.
2. Someone who disagrees can always take the stance that it is theoretical and fails automatically.

and there are plenty of other reasons..

Also....I thought you cared about me Robtard...why the animosity all of a sudden? Is it because I laughed at a smart ass comment that just happened to be directed at you? Dude....I would expect you to laugh at a smart ass comment directed at me...if you found it funny.

Robtard
But asking for evidence for something theoretical will always result in failure. Maybe he could list an expert source for his idea but that still wouldn't suffice because

1. It is beyond the scope of this message board.
2. Someone who disagrees can always take the stance that it is theoretical and fails automatically.

and there are plenty of other reasons..

Also....I thought you cared about me Robtard...why the animosity all of a sudden? Is it because I laughed at a smart ass comment that just happened to be directed at you? Dude....I would expect you to laugh at a smart ass comment directed at me...if you found it funny.

That is why I also stated "wishful thinking and faith" as possible reasons, and didn't just say "show be proof or shut up". Did you miss that how I left it open for him.

Animosity? I have none towards you, but if you act like an idiot, I'll call you one.

dadudemon
That is why I also stated "wishful thinking and faith" as possible reasons, and didn't just say "show be proof or shut up". Did you miss that how I left it open for him.

Animosity? I have none towards you, but if you act like an idiot, I'll call you one.

Babbity bloo bee boo!!!!!!!

Commence teh naim cahlling.

Robtard
Babbity bloo bee boo!!!!!!!

Commence teh naim cahlling.

It's "Bippity Boppity Boo"...

dadudemon
It's "Bippity Boppity Boo"...

only in your "princesses and fairy god mothers" world. Thilly. wink

Robtard
only in your "princesses and fairy god mothers" world. Thilly. wink

My daughter happens to love that movie, so I hear it often.

dadudemon
My daughter happens to love that movie, so I hear it often.

I was going to make perverted comment about your daughter...but I think there is a line and I don't like to cross that one....soooo....you can have this one too, Robtard.

Robtard
I was going to make perverted comment about your daughter...but I think there is a line and I don't like to cross that one....soooo....you can have this one too, Robtard.

Have? WTF... I slapped you square in your testicle-juggling mouth and took it from you. Seems to happen often when we meet on the eBattle-Field.

Agreed though... I wouldn't go that route either. It has happened in here before.

dadudemon
Have? WTF... I slapped you square in your testicle-juggling mouth and took it from you. Seems to happen often when we meet on the eBattle-Field.

Agreed though... I wouldn't go that route either. It has happened in here before.

Really? Like who and what was said?

BTW,...you brought up your daughter...right in the middle of this.

debbiejo
What's to say in some quantum sense that it is not so. I don't know all the answers, but the leading science are so intriguing that it makes one feel things are not what the OLD SCIENCES are what is precedent anymore.

Robtard
Really? Like who and what was said?

BTW,...you brought up your daughter...right in the middle of this.

If I recall correctly, something about wanting to have sex with her and then shitting on her. I basically ignored it, why get angry over eTrash-Talk.

Because she pertained to the conversation of "Cinderella" and the song.

jaden101
perhaps you should have read last weeks new scientist

http://space.newscientist.com/article/mg19626311.400-the-void-imprint-of-another-universe.html

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by jaden101

http://space.newscientist.com/article/mg19626311.400-the-void-imprint-of-another-universe.html

Interesting. Thanks for the article.

dadudemon
If I recall correctly, something about wanting to have sex with her and then shitting on her. I basically ignored it, why get angry over eTrash-Talk.

Because she pertained to the conversation of "Cinderella" and the song.

That is real crappy, bro. (No pun intended.) That is why I didn't go there.

Thank you captain obvious...anything else you want to waste my time with? big grin

InnerRise
Originally posted by jaden101

http://space.newscientist.com/article/mg19626311.400-the-void-imprint-of-another-universe.html Some interesting stuff. I'm not surprised.

As we move on, we'll discover more and more and more until we finally discover the ultimate truth.

It's inevitable..............unless the world ends before we discover it.

Robtard
Woah, profound.... "Something will happen, unless it doesn't."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.