Magneto vs. Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369

Gecko4lif
Magneto if only by experience

Give cable like 2 solid years of training uninhibated and he would stomp mags

id369
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Magneto if only by experience

Give cable like 2 solid years of training uninhibated and he would stomp mags

I am not sure if I agree or not. But I do admit, that Cable did spend 15 comic book issues, to adhere the learning curve for such broad power. How does 15 comic book issues, quantify in a actual time. I have no freaking clue.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by id369
I am not sure if I agree or not. But I do admit, that Cable did spend 15 comic book issues, to adhere the learning curve for such broad power. How does 15 comic book issues, quantify in a actual time. I have no freaking clue.

depending on how many night or "next day" seqences there are it could be 1 week or 2 months

id369

Erik-Lensherr
Magneto

Mr. Slippyfist
The only way Mags wins, is if Cable has some metal that can easily be controlled...

In raw power though... he gets punked... badly.

Gecko4lif
Mags can control the iron in your body thou

Xplosive
Mags can control the iron in your body thou

Would help him in this match.

Cable because of raw power.

id369
Well this is what happened to a weaker Cable.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4847/xforce2539fd7.jpg

Will his grotesque power, and control off set his weak point. A weak point, that Magneto would aim to exploit?

Space M ummy
Magneto wins easily. Even IF cable somehow became 100% organic so mags couldn't simply shred his body via force of will, magneto has already demonstrated the ability to use the iron in the blood trick to depower mutants by making their powers inaccessible.

He did this in Xmen 300(?) against both jean grey AND professor X at the SAME TIME (in addition to both teams of xmen, xforce, and xfactor)
so clearly telepaths aren't immune to this.

Cable has no shot against a full power magneto.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Magneto wins easily. Even IF cable somehow became 100% organic so mags couldn't simply shred his body via force of will, magneto has already demonstrated the ability to use the iron in the blood trick to depower mutants by making their powers inaccessible.

He did this in Xmen 300(?) against both jean grey AND professor X at the SAME TIME (in addition to both teams of xmen, xforce, and xfactor)

Cable was breaking down molecules and rebuilding them exactly in his fight with silver surfer

Space M ummy
Cable was breaking down molecules and rebuilding them exactly in his fight with silver surfer

did you even read what I wrote? Magneto can DEPOWER Cable by preventing him from accessing his abilities.

He can't "break down molecules" if his powers don't work.

Gecko4lif
did you even read what I wrote? Magneto can DEPOWER Cable by preventing him from accessing his abilities.

He can't "break down molecules" if his powers don't work.

You obviously didnt think through what i wrote

What i am saying id that it would basically come down to a quick draw

id369

I can contest this as well. His inferior clone Stryfe showed the exact same feat done to Jean and Scoot in Xcutioners Song. Lets not forget that, Cable was seen, changing the protein in the blood into poison, transmutating a human, into bat form or mutating the hands to glow, thanks to the added fungai properties.

So while you can say: He can block your mutant powers, its not beyond Cables abilities.
Or if you say: He can control the iron in your blood, well he transforms your blood into iron or anything he puts his mid to it really. >_>

Space M ummy
You obviously didnt think through what i wrote

What i am saying id that it would basically come down to a quick draw

a quick draw where one opponent gets depowered and the other doesn't?

Cable doesn't have any instant kill moves capable of killing magneto at the speed of thought, (and even if he did, this fight isn't bloodlust) so magneto has the advantage here.

Stryfe was the superior clone NOT infected with the transmode virus. not the inferior one. The two were equal except for that fact. This isn't metal gear solid.

second: stryfe immobilized scott and jean, but he didn't depower them completely. Magneto HAS done this to the entire Xmen roster.

and how much time is it going to take to do this? Magneto's powers also work at the speed of thought. It takes time and skill to be able to molecularly restructure something, time that cable doesn't have here.

id369
a quick draw where one opponent gets depowered and the other doesn't?

Cable doesn't have any instant kill moves capable of killing magneto at the speed of thought, (and even if he did, this fight isn't bloodlust) so magneto has the advantage here.

I sense much Magneto Fanboysim in you.
Lets be honest, Cable is willing to kill as much as Magneto. And instant quick kills, what about the brain splatters he did on Deadpool?

Speed of thought? Well he did keep up with Lightmasters actions, and had massive multitasking feats to claim. I would go on to say that, his multitasking feats surpass anything Magneto has shown so far.

id369

Space M ummy
I sense much Magneto Fanboysim in you.
Lets be honest, Cable is willing to kill as much as Magneto. And instant quick kills, what about the brain splatters he did on Deadpool?

I admit I'm unaware of that particular tactic or that his willingness to kill was that high.

was the "brain splatter" a telepathic attack? or a telekinetic one? That might be the deciding factor here.

multitasking like holding asteroid M together and in orbit through sheer force of will while fighting/immobilizing both rosters of xmen, xfactor, and xforce, keeping up shields and flying at the same time? doubtful.

My edge to magneto basically comes down to the fact that magneto can deprive cable of his abilities while the opposite isn't true. If cable can either kill magneto before this happens (doubtful) or counter it (unlikely, as he has no EM abilities) then that edge is gone.

If this WAS changed that's a hell of a retcon, since stryfe was well past the age of 21 during his first appearance. When was all that established?

id369
I admit I'm unaware of that particular tactic or that his willingness to kill was that high.

was the "brain splatter" a telepathic attack? or a telekinetic one? That might be the deciding factor here.

Telekinetic.

multitasking like holding asteroid M together and in orbit through sheer force of will while fighting/immobilizing both rosters of xmen, xfactor, and xforce, keeping up shields and flying at the same time? doubtful.

Cable held Providence up for months end. As a past time he did the following on a daily biases (keep in mind he was still applying world level telepathy)..
He rerouted to flood half the Sahara.
Kicked loggers out of the rain forest.
Soothing the pain of every dying person.
Stopping the White blood count deterioration of every Aids victim in Africa.
Straitening the Leaning Tower of Pisa
On the daily biases he: stopped 14 individual acts of terrorism, 1100 attempts of murder, 7 thousand car accidents.

Then came, the detonation of US Governments 247 missiles aimed at providence.
Followed by taking Six Pack, X-Men; which latter follows his match up with Silver Surfer.

So I say, Cable did much multitasking.

My edge to magneto basically comes down to the fact that magneto can deprive cable of his abilities while the opposite isn't true. If cable can either kill magneto before this happens (doubtful) or counter it (unlikely, as he has no EM abilities) then that edge is gone.

Well I see ware you are going with this. But I doubt it, if Silver Surfer could not deprive him of his powers (so to speak), until after Cable has exhausted himself. I doubt Magneto can. You have to keep in mind, that TK is much more flexible the controlling electromagnetic spectrum.

If this WAS changed that's a hell of a retcon, since stryfe was well past the age of 21 during his first appearance. When was all that established?

Cable mentions, that with his powers unchecked he faces the vary same burn out Nate had.
Mr. Sinister mentions that that, no human is ever meant to handle such power and would eventfully burn out at the age of 21.

Xplosive
Cable would wreck him easily. He has too much raw power for Magneto.
He would do it easily in many ways.

id369
Bump. I still think this is a good match up.

Xplosive
Again, Cable wrecks him easily.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Red Hulk
The only way Mags wins, is if Cable has some metal that can easily be controlled...

In raw power though... he gets punked... badly.

If you are implying that metal must be around for Magneto to win this or any fight then you are wrong. If not then my mistake.

jalek moye
that metal arm of his would make an easy target though

but i still think Cable takes it

kgkg
Cable wins but Magneto puts a fight

id369
I have some vary conflicting views on who would win. I admire both characters, vary strong and vary smart fighters.

Wei Phoenix
I have some vary conflicting views on who would win. I admire both characters, vary strong and vary smart fighters.

agreed.

Jynocidus
I'm going with Magneto on this one. Cable's mind is electromagnetic or something, and I guess that counts somewhere.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
If you are implying that metal must be around for Magneto to win this or any fight then you are wrong. If not then my mistake. No, I'm implying that for Magneto to win, that Cable must be basically a cyborg...

no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.