Maestro vs WWH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Who wins?

Horrificus
Maestro FTW

Photon009
WWH wins pretty easily. WWH is the second most powerful version of the Hulk, only below War Hulk. Maestro is barely top 5. War Hulk, WWH, Onslaught-fighting Hulk, and Mindless Hulk are all above him. Heroes Reborn Hulk is above him too IMO, but that's arguable.

janus77
IF Maestro is Hulk's future incarnation then he's also WWH's future incarnation. meaning he's just as (if not more) wily and is just as strong. in such a situation it is either a stalemate or Maestro FTW.

if on the other hand, Maestro is just AN incarnation of Hulk, set in some alternate future, then I'm siding with WWH arc Hulk... way stronger than a regular Hulk and capable of honing his rage and focussing it to make himself godly strong.

JediSamuraiMRB
wwh

Kutulu
WWH easily.

Gecko4lif
Any power up wwh gets Maestro gets

WWh has no chance

SpiderGauntlet
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Any power up wwh gets Maestro gets

WWh has no chance

Maestro was made before WWH it also happened in an alternate reality.

So he does not succeed WWH, WWH wasn't even in their mind it's likely WWH doesn't happen in that reality. cool

lft4ded
Hey, Maestro did survive by hiding underground and where do we see post-WWH Banner...underground. Perhaps the end is closer than we think...

Alfheim
WWH.

123KID
Maestro is basically Pimp My Hulk. He rules parts of the Earth, has woman he can command to pleasure him at will and there's a trophy room that contains things that are probably the results of his many battles
Plus he just looks all Don Hulk with the grey beard and hair
He wins Coolest Hulk Ever by far

As for the match um well he can outmsart WWH. Break his neck.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet
Maestro was made before WWH it also happened in an alternate reality.

So he does not succeed WWH, WWH wasn't even in their mind it's likely WWH doesn't happen in that reality. cool
No it was future 616 im pretty sure

Kutulu
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
No it was future 616 im pretty sure

Wrong.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Kutulu
Wrong.
wrong.

No matter what, Maestro absorbed a world war 3 worth of radiation over the course of hundreds of years.

He also has hundreds of years of experience on WWH.

I didn't see WWH able to kill Wolverine, Surfer, and all the rest of the owners of the trophy's in Maestro's little trophy room.

Unless you can actually show that WWH is stronger, soaked up more rads, or is not an earlier version of Maestro, it has to be deduced that Maestro IS the end result of all the previous versions of Hulk.

Maestro is the most dangerous version of Hulk ever created.

WWH is had the best publicist.

janus77
Maestro wasn't that powerful, compared to WWH... especially the version at the end.

Horrificus
Originally posted by janus77
Maestro wasn't that powerful, compared to WWH... especially the version at the end.
At the end, WWH created a shock-wave, and had green light around him at the end.

Not sure why that makes him more powerful than Maestro.

The whole WWH series is nothing but him getting beaten, broken and bloodied, as he groans, moans and gives sound effects of pain.
Gaaack, eunff, aaargh, etc.

The fact that he kept healing after getting the crap kicked out of him, does not mean that him losing or meeting his match did not count.

If somebody kicks the crap out of me, and then I heal up, come back, and defeat them, it does not negate the fact that they first beat the crap out of me.

Violent2Dope
Doesn't Maestro have SS's board, Thor's hammer, and Wolverine's skull as trophies?

lft4ded
Not necessarily trophies he's personally claimed. There was some cataclysm that he hid out from that killed most of the other heroes.

Hmmm, I like that - in reference to 'other heroes'. Is Bruce the hero of WWH or Hulk? Some may say that Hulk stopped himself but according to Amadeus (and the Beyonder stick out tongue ) Bruce is the limiting factor of Hulk.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Doesn't Maestro have SS's board, Thor's hammer, and Wolverine's skull as trophies?

yes, they were "trophies".

a nuclear war would not kill Surfer or Thor.

janus77
Originally posted by lft4ded
Not necessarily trophies he's personally claimed. There was some cataclysm that he hid out from that killed most of the other heroes.

Hmmm, I like that - in reference to 'other heroes'. Is Bruce the hero of WWH or Hulk? Some may say that Hulk stopped himself but according to Amadeus (and the Beyonder stick out tongue ) Bruce is the limiting factor of Hulk.
and according to The Hulk, Bruce is The Hulk (or rather A PART of The Hulk).

they're just aspects of one person, take Bruce as a conscience if you will, it might limit how much damage he's willing to do (the calculating and watchful component that Amadeus Cho spoke of) but it doesn't limit what he CAN do nor who he CAN overpower.

The Beyonder was speaking of a 'finite part' but that 'finite part' would still be within the +infinite+ power that is The Hulk. so effectively it would again be an analogy to human remorse, conscience, consideration, care... the Banner persona being hesitant with such power, whereas The Hulk is less inhibited.

it's not a Jekyll and Hyde situation where one has the capacity to reason but no physical super power, the other lacks reason but has super strength, because one form can be terminated and take the other down with it. whereas here, if you terminate Banner, you release Hulk + Banner... effectively Banner IS Hulk, just Clark Kent'ing that's all.

Kutulu
Originally posted by janus77
and according to The Hulk, Bruce is The Hulk (or rather A PART of The Hulk).

they're just aspects of one person, take Bruce as a conscience if you will, it might limit how much damage he's willing to do (the calculating and watchful component that Amadeus Cho spoke of) but it doesn't limit what he CAN do nor who he CAN overpower.

The Beyonder was speaking of a 'finite part' but that 'finite part' would still be within the +infinite+ power that is The Hulk. so effectively it would again be an analogy to human remorse, conscience, consideration, care... the Banner persona being hesitant with such power, whereas The Hulk is less inhibited.

it's not a Jekyll and Hyde situation where one has the capacity to reason but no physical super power, the other lacks reason but has super strength, because one form can be terminated and take the other down with it. whereas here, if you terminate Banner, you release Hulk + Banner... effectively Banner IS Hulk, just Clark Kent'ing that's all.

That was well put. smile

It was even confirmed by Cho on-panel that the Bruce Banner part of his brain limits what damage he causes so that he doesn't kill people. With his strength level he could have easily killed everybody he fought against during WWH; instead he only injured them and made sure not to kill anybody.

During WWH after the Sentry fight, when he basically loses control, the Banner portion of him is trying to stop the potentially infinite energy flowing into him, but realizes that he had gone to far and that's why he asked Tony to "Do it!"

Horrificus
That was well put. smile

It was even confirmed by Cho on-panel that the Bruce Banner part of his brain limits what damage he causes so that he doesn't kill people. With his strength level he could have easily killed everybody he fought against during WWH; instead he only injured them and made sure not to kill anybody.

During WWH after the Sentry fight, when he basically loses control, the Banner portion of him is trying to stop the potentially infinite energy flowing into him, but realizes that he had gone to far and that's why he asked Tony to "Do it!"
No.

Are you saying that Bruce didn't care about all the people dying in the exploding buildings, or other things he was a part of,but he had a conscience when it came to fighting super-beings?

That's just silly.

And, he could not have easily beaten everybody.

The WWH storyline was nothing but WWH getting beat around, crippled and bloodied, then healing up. It was all about his healing factor. Because, he sure got the crap kicked out of him.

Personally, I think the regular old green-skin, (Hulk Smash) would have done better.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Horrificus
No.

Are you saying that Bruce didn't care about all the people dying in the exploding buildings, or other things he was a part of,but he had a conscience when it came to fighting super-beings?

That's just silly.

And, he could not have easily beaten everybody.

The WWH storyline was nothing but WWH getting beat around, crippled and bloodied, then healing up. It was all about his healing factor. Because, he sure got the crap kicked out of him.

Personally, I think the regular old green-skin, (Hulk Smash) would have done better.
laughing

At least put some effort into your trolling.

Horrificus
laughing

At least put some effort into your trolling. Just because I disagree with you, you say I'm trolling?

Ok. I thought I brought up some decent points.

strengthkills
Just because I disagree with you, you say I'm trolling?

Nah,man.

What kutulu said hit it on the spot.

Kutulu
Just because I disagree with you, you say I'm trolling?

Let's go over your points:

Bruce knew that most of the city was evacuated already. The only people there were the oddball protesters, and there was nothing he could do about them. He doesn't kill, whether they be superbeing or otherwise. Cho pointed it out, that Banner's scientific mind (which is IMHO one of the top ten minds of Marvel Earth) is constantly running the numbers, doing the calculations, in order so that people don't die. He hurts people but Banner shuts off Hulk from delivering killing blows. It's one of the reasons he's a hero and not a villain.

He did beat everybody, and fairly easily. The only one that represented a significant challenge on Marvel Earth was Sentry.

WWH used his healing factor to his advantage, why blame him for that? His durability definitely went up, and although he took poundings from just about everybody, nobody had what it takes to put him down for the count except the Gamma Corps, and that was only briefly and accomplished via genetic mutation.

Utterly ridiculous. WWH clearly won against people that he had trouble with in the past. Taking out class 100's like it was child's play, and nobody could match him, even though he couldn't fly, or shoot laser beams out of his arse, or speed blitz people, he still won. Nobody had what it took to take him down, until he realized he had gone to far and asked Tony to do it while he stood there in the path of the beam.

cmack
world war hulk

lft4ded
That was well put. smile

Hmmm, smooth. Interesting POV. I still vote for Maestro however. Perhaps he never thought he needed to tap more power for the Professor.

Horrificus
Let's go over your points:

Bruce knew that most of the city was evacuated already. The only people there were the oddball protesters, and there was nothing he could do about them. He doesn't kill, whether they be superbeing or otherwise. Cho pointed it out, that Banner's scientific mind (which is IMHO one of the top ten minds of Marvel Earth) is constantly running the numbers, doing the calculations, in order so that people don't die. He hurts people but Banner shuts off Hulk from delivering killing blows. It's one of the reasons he's a hero and not a villain.

This is ridiculous. He KNEW this? And, he was sure that he wasn't going to hurt anybody?
He doesn't kill? Are you retarded? Did you even read the whole Planet Hulk thru WWH storyline? He killed DURING it, and his little show toward the end was about to end in death until Sentry showed up.
Regardless of what you say, or what you call me.

Let's see: He got his neck broken against a group of total homo's like Gamma Corps, got a hole blew threw him, and was getting trashed until Zom/Strange had a short-circuit.
Got pummeled by Juggernaut, until he jumped away.
And, got the crap beat out of him by a crazy, lecturing Sentry that was letting Hulk take shots on him while he talked through the whole fight.
And, these are just the things that I am remembering off the top of my head.

Guess what... It still counts.

If you "Hulketards" are going to count Hulk running away from Juggernaut, (after redirecting a charging Juggs), as a "win", I believe a broken neck just might be a win also. Ya Think?

Geez.

janus77
recently read Future Imperfect. seriously can't see what the big deal with Maestro Hulk was.

I think he fought Professor Hulk and was barely overpowering him, once the fight dragged on. he had to cheapshot Hulk to win, breaking his neck.

WWH and Savage Hulk are much more powerful than Prof. Hulk and would easily begin to eclipse Maestro as his insanity got the better of him.

Maestro wasn't even that smart, only out thinking Banner in a few instances but ultimately not being able to predict nor guess the way Prof. Hulk was taking him.

also, and much more importantly, he is merely AN alternate future. not the inevitable end point of Hulk. he says so himself, time is split off from the moment Prof. Hulk meets his 'future self'.

WWH is even stronger than Maestro at base level, imo. nevermind the ability to grow exponentially stronger, which Maestro should also have but lacks appreciation of due to his insanity. WWH is also by far the better battle tactician and gladiator.

BUSTER1
I have to agree with Horricus on one point, regarding WWH -his durability. This is meant to be the strongest and most durable incarnationb of the Hulk, but virtually any attack seemed to result in some injury/damage. Sure his healing factor was very impressive but why was his face shown to be a bloody mess after a handfull of punches from the Thing, especially when you consider that impact of those punches didn't even stun. The old Savage Hulks skin was virtually unbreakable. I half expected Hulk to be injured by General Ross, wielding a broken bottle

golem370
Here is a Hulk question is he considered a mutant?

Nod
No...

bobbi
Isn't the best evidence in this forum feats and scans? even if maestro is the WWH in the future unless we have feats of him better than WWH i dont think we can really say he's stronger. Kinda like the whole superman prime thing. he's suppose to be the strongest incarnation and it makes sense for him to be strongest since he's been in a sun for however long but since theres not enough feats to back him up we general don't just assume he's uberstrong.

As to WWH's showings, yeah it's kind of a low showing that he bled so much and had to rely on his healing factor but I dont think feats are taken away from wolverine through his reliance on his healing factor. That is the major reason he wins his tougher fights. Like if someone opened fire with a minigun against him and he falls then gets up and disembowels the guy do we say wolverine was owned by a minigun? Same should apply for the hulk.

(hm..i'm making way too many hulk posts.. hope i'm not labeled a hulk fanboy..)

Horrificus
Originally posted by BUSTER1
I have to agree with Horricus on one point, regarding WWH -his durability. This is meant to be the strongest and most durable incarnationb of the Hulk, but virtually any attack seemed to result in some injury/damage. Sure his healing factor was very impressive but why was his face shown to be a bloody mess after a handfull of punches from the Thing, especially when you consider that impact of those punches didn't even stun. The old Savage Hulks skin was virtually unbreakable. I half expected Hulk to be injured by General Ross, wielding a broken bottle
You hit the nail on the head!
Hulkinies like to say that most of the greatest versions of the Hulk are recent.
Yet, it was the older, child-like versions that never seemed to be damaged, no matter who they fought.

Of course they explained this away once they came up with the Healing Factor stuff. And, the whole point to revealing that, was because Grey Hulk was one of the least amp'ed of the Hulks. So, supposedly, being able to SEE the Hulk get damaged, and then heal up, was due to him being weaker than the other hulks.
But, that meant that the earlier versions, were either just healing instantaneously, or were more durable than these latest, greatest versions of the Hulk.

Either way, again, it goes to show that these latest Hulks, including WWH, are not as powerful as the old Hulks.

Kutulu
fay

Fixed. laughing

Nod
Fixed. laughing Reported.

Horrificus
Fixed. laughing It's Strange, I don't remember posting THAT. hmmhmm

I'm laughing...

...but you still suck. What the f**k?

I was going to crush you, as I do all my enemies,
but then I realized it probably took you all afternoon, 2 dictionaries and electroshock therapy, for you to come up with that.

coffeeguy
maestro. i dont think hes 616 hulk though. in future imperfect it was pointed out that when they brought prof hulk to maestro it created a seperate timeline from him. maestro is in my opinion the end result of the all war hulks . after the dust settled he was the one left stan
ding.

Batroc
Originally posted by BUSTER1

I suspect the reason for this is that Marvel thinks it looks cool to have panels of the Hulk bleeding all over the place. They probably think it's what the fans want to see and that it makes the books more 'mature' (i.e. violent).
McFarlane opened a whole can of worms when he had Wolverine cut the grey Hulk. Before this the Hulk had unbreakable skin and was just plain invulnerable, but now it's all 'healing factor this, healing factor that'. And of course if Wolverine can cut the Hulk, he's gotta be able to cut the Thing and everyone and everything else.
I wouldn't bother looking for theories about how the Hulk being cut since the 80's means he's weaker or less vulnerable. I presume that in the silver age they couldn't show characters getting their eyes slashed open, etc.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Batroc
I suspect the reason for this is that Marvel thinks it looks cool to have panels of the Hulk bleeding all over the place. They probably think it's what the fans want to see and that it makes the books more 'mature' (i.e. violent).
McFarlane opened a whole can of worms when he had Wolverine cut the grey Hulk. Before this the Hulk had unbreakable skin and was just plain invulnerable, but now it's all 'healing factor this, healing factor that'. And of course if Wolverine can cut the Hulk, he's gotta be able to cut the Thing and everyone and everything else.
I wouldn't bother looking for theories about how the Hulk being cut since the 80's means he's weaker or less vulnerable. I presume that in the silver age they couldn't show characters getting their eyes slashed open, etc.

Gamma Corps #3 Showing wolverine cut hulk during there first encounter.
http://img11.imagevenue.com/loc869/th_90406_WWH_GC_3_DCP_0003_122_869lo.jpghttp://img162.imagevenue.com/loc1132/th_90412_WWH_GC_3_DCP_0004_122_1132lo.jpghttp://img153.imagevenue.com/loc784/th_90418_WWH_GC_3_DCP_0005_122_784lo.jpghttp://img150.imagevenue.com/loc726/th_90424_WWH_GC_3_DCP_0007_122_726lo.jpg
http://img137.imagevenue.com/loc815/th_90429_WWH_GC_3_DCP_0008_122_815lo.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.