Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
The "official" trailer
8zQstaIX8os

gameplay footage
rM4cuKgGNvg

I can't wait for this game! This is one of my all-time favorite movies, and this game looks so beautiful and awesome! I found a small wiki article, but I'm looking for more info.

All of the original actors and writers are returning, and it's supposed to be as close to an actual "Ghostbusters 3" movie as we'll ever see, according to Dan Aykroyd.

General Kaliero
I saw an article on this, and went "wow." It looks like it will be incredible.

Impediment
This month's Game Informer features the game on it's cover and has a massive article about it. It was rather interesting.

I just noticed something:

Look at Ecto-1, the car of the Ghostbusters, in the footage reel I posted. It's not the original model as we know it. It looks like a Dodge Charger wagon, if I'm not mistaken.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Impediment
I just noticed something:

Look at Ecto-1, the car of the Ghostbusters, in the footage reel I posted. It's not the original model as we know it. It looks like a Dodge Charger wagon, if I'm not mistaken.

I noticed that too. Well Game Informer said like it took two years after the second movie or some time around there so I guess they upgraded or something.

Impediment
There is sure to be many upgrades we can expect.

Outbound
That looks awesome, 4 player co-op would be insane.

Smasandian
That would be pretty sweet.

ragesRemorse
I remember first seeing the gameplay footage of this game nearly two years ago. I shat my pants. FINALLY A GOOD GHOSTBUSTER GAME. Then i heard it was cancelled and spent a week crying. Im glad to hear that it is now revived.

Neo Darkhalen
YES the Stay Puff Marshmellow man will appear!!!!!!!!

Impediment
Apparently, Stay Puft is one of the early bosses of the game. I can't wait to see who the real baddie is.

It's revealed that the main protagonist, your character, is a rookie 5th recruit who is the "guinea pig" user of Egon & Ray's newest ghost catching equipment. You get to use a weapon called the Electron Beam, being the polar opposite of the proton beam. The electron beam freezes ghosts in their tracks and its shotgun-like secondary fire shatters them to pieces. It is, however, not recommended for every single ghost encounter or certain bosses.

AstroFan
I think that second video you posted is from that version of the game that was shown a while back, but it got canned because they didnt have the rights. Because in the gameinformer article the Ecto is actually the same one from the movie.

I think they might be using the same engine, but I doubt that second vid is from this game.

But oh my god I can not wait for this.

Neo Darkhalen
Perhaps the painting ghost from GB2, may be the real villain?

General Kaliero
Vigo? That'd be a cop out. I'm sure Aykroyd and Ramis are writing in a brand new main villain.

ragesRemorse
as long as i get to trap ghosts and cross streams im happy

Röland
I might have missed it in the videos, but is it console or PC, or both?

Looks awsome though!

ragesRemorse
Before it was cancelled the first time around. The gameplay was featured on the 360 engine. Im going to bet that its still slated for console release considering that it offers multiplayer wink

Impediment
Refresh my memory.

Why was this originally cancelled?

Did the video game producers create intial footage without securing rights, or did the franchise owners retract from the project?

ragesRemorse
Refresh my memory.

Why was this originally cancelled?

Did the video game producers create intial footage without securing rights, or did the franchise owners retract from the project?

all i know is that it had something to do with not having the necessary rights. I dont think the producers pulled an "aliens colonial marines" and just decided to pull the plug for no apparent reason. Considering that the game is now an official title to be released. Im assuming That it was nothing more than someone not getting enough money

AstroFan
I think it was a rights issue. But considering the new game looks much like the older videos, someone might have liked what they saw and got the same people to make an all new official game.

Neo Darkhalen
I hope the main villain is a damn good one, do you think they will take ghost's from the animated series, as well as the movie ghosts.

Impediment
I seriously doubt it. Aykroyd and Ramis didn't have any involvement in the animated series. I bet that the writers will introduce a brand new villain.

Stay Puft is back because he is a piece of our pop culture, and to not include him in this game would be nothing short blasphemy.

Neo Darkhalen
All I was saying is they may use Ghosts from TAS.

Impediment
I understand. I just meant that they more than likely will bring us new characters.

Neo Darkhalen
I am sure they will, it's just that there needs to be quite a few enemies, there are not that many in the 2 films, if you count Mr. stay puft a boss, they may need to fill the gap with there own and TAS ghosts, was there not a very bad ghost who kept popping up in TAS, and then there was the painting ghost from GB2, so there are 2 bosses, plus original bosses/enemies, either way this is going to be a good game.

AstroFan
Im finally reading the Gameinformer article, man im pumped. stick out tongue

It says they are even debating wheter to name the game Ghostbusters 3. eek! Im glad the whole cast is back, including supporting characters like Walter Peck. laughing out loud

Neo Darkhalen
Nice to hear the cast will voice the game, as long as Mr. Stay puft is in it I will be happy him; Slimier to put it correctly.

AstroFan
The story sounds pretty cool, the Ghostbusters begin work for the goverment(who pays your destruction bill laughing out loud ), but assign to Peck to look over things. lol

Neo Darkhalen
Fighting Mr. Puft, a dream come true.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by AstroFan
Im finally reading the Gameinformer article, man im pumped. stick out tongue

It says they are even debating wheter to name the game Ghostbusters 3. eek! Im glad the whole cast is back, including supporting characters like Walter Peck. laughing out loud

Even Bill murray? I know he is the sole reason why there was never a ghostbusters 3. Id be surprised to see him voicing the game

Neo Darkhalen
He is the top guy there, but Mr. Puft man that is going to be so cool.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
He is the top guy there, but Mr. Puft man that is going to be so cool.

thats aces

Neo Darkhalen
My Favorite part of the movie was Mr. Puft so to get the chance to fight him will be the ace of spades.

AstroFan
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Even Bill murray? I know he is the sole reason why there was never a ghostbusters 3. Id be surprised to see him voicing the game

I guess he doesnt mind a couple days in the sound booth compared to weeks with a proton pack on his old back. stick out tongue

But Ramis and Ackroyd(sp) are actually doing the script, so there is definate cast involvement.

Neo Darkhalen
Which means we get authentic Ghostbusters plot, that and it keeps the Ghostbusters feel.

InnerRise
A Ghostbuster's Game............meh.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Neo Darkhalen
Who you gonna call........

AstroFan
Not InnerRise, he hates Ghostbusters. ermm

stick out tongue

InnerRise
Originally posted by AstroFan
Not InnerRise, he hates Ghostbusters. ermm

stick out tongue I don't hate them. I actually enjoyed the cartoons immensely and liked some of the movies as well (however many there were).

I just don't find myself excited at all just b/c it's being made into a Video Game. Not to say that the game can't turn out very good and get me excited for the game b/c it's a good game....opposed to being excited just because it's a Ghostbuster's game per say and the like such as.

Simple and Clean.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Neo Darkhalen
There were only 2 films confused

GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!!!!!!

I also liked TAS.

InnerRise
EDIT.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Neo Darkhalen
thumb up

pr1983
The "official" trailer
8zQstaIX8os

gameplay footage
rM4cuKgGNvg

I can't wait for this game! This is one of my all-time favorite movies, and this game looks so beautiful and awesome! I found a small wiki article, but I'm looking for more info.

All of the original actors and writers are returning, and it's supposed to be as close to an actual "Ghostbusters 3" movie as we'll ever see, according to Dan Aykroyd.

ahem...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

i so want this...

Neo Darkhalen
GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!!!!!!!

((The_Anomaly))
The "official" trailer
8zQstaIX8os

gameplay footage
rM4cuKgGNvg

The second video isnt the same game as the first video, it was a prototype tech demo made long ago, the first video is the actual game that we will be playing. Nevertheless this game looks badass. Ghostbusters kick so much ass.

Neo Darkhalen
I don't care as long as I can battle Mr. Stay puft, I am happy.

Morridini
New trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43329.html

Sure brings back a lot of memories.

Raoul
Originally posted by Morridini
New trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43329.html

Sure brings back a lot of memories.

no expression

there are no words, no expletives, no gestures in existence that can describe how much i want this game...

Nemesis X
I find it both funny and awesome that the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man will be a boss. The ghost librarian being a boss seems kinda dumb to me. I really hope this game becomes a success because most games based on movies always turn crappy.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I really hope this game becomes a success because most games based on movies always turn crappy.

Except Those "Most Games" seemed to be a rush job just to bring it out for the latest movie thats coming out in the cinema.

ragesRemorse
Next year we get to handle both, a Proton pack and an M41A Pulse Rifle. Nah, this is to good to be true. The games will either be shit or will never release at all. I'm sick of getting my hopes up. mad

Kazenji
I know theres a PS2 version of this game coming but they've changed the style to make a bit cartoony makes sense imo.

Raoul
Next year we get to handle both, a Proton pack and an M41A Pulse Rifle. Nah, this is to good to be true. The games will either be shit or will never release at all. I'm sick of getting my hopes up. mad

dude. stfu. stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Raoul
dude. stfu. stick out tongue

lol just sayin dude, what happens when you get excited about something? It always ends up as balls in your face, eh.

Raoul
lol just sayin dude, what happens when you get excited about something? It always ends up as balls in your face, eh.

i just don't tend to get excited by much, but i'm willing to be a little optimistic about this and Aliens...

Nemesis X
So I guess that this game will run through Ghostbusters 1 thru 3. Wonder if I'll be riding on that walking Statue of Liberty.

Kazenji
Apparantly this was ment to have come out this month but its been pushed back to march good thing for the developers more time for them to polish it up more.

Darth Jello
I hope this has the option to use the wii zapper. That thing is built to be a proton pack

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
The second video isnt the same game as the first video, it was a prototype tech demo made long ago, the first video is the actual game that we will be playing. Nevertheless this game looks badass. Ghostbusters kick so much ass.

Yeah, thats a shame too because the demo looks so much better than the actual footage. Just because of a few licensing issue's that team gets dropped. They really should have kept them because everything looks so much better in that little demo.

Neo Darkhalen
To any European members: Ghostbusters update

Anon E. Mous
The trailer says "June 2009"

One month away!

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Raoul
no expression

there are no words, no expletives, no gestures in existence that can describe how much i want this game...

I think...,FUK YES!!!, covers it wink .

Seriously, i've been waiting for this game for three years now. I've been waiting even longer to see the Ghostbusters return in some form. All i have to say is that this game better have four player online co-op. If i can't bust ghosts with my brother i'll be annoyed.

I'm not sure what to believe. With the release of Ghostbusters and Colonial Marines it sounds like someone out there is listening to the fans requests. If these two games turn out to be good. I might refrain from carrying out that mass shooting i have planned.

Impediment
I'll be buying this on Tuesday. I really hope that it's a fun as it looks to be, as well as the great cast doing a nice job.

Check out the demo footage:

6iXhkoVRfPg

Mandrag Ganon
Been playing it on Perfessional, and I have to say... I really like this game.

It plays well, has a good story, and it's pretty funny.

General Kaliero
I'm actually surprised that the one with the most good lines seems to be... Egon. About time Ramis gave himself props.

Impediment
I'll be buying this game this weekend. I can't wait!

jinXed by JaNx
Oh man, this game is aces. It has definitely lived up to my expectations. For the first time ever i get to feel like a ghostbuster. Well, at least without actually wearing my Ghostbuster uniform. The story is definitely good. I think it's far better than Ghostbusters 2. The Graphics are great and the gameplay is smooth. My only complaint is the lack of co-op and Murphys' delivery on the dialogue. As a Ghostbusters fan his lack of enthusiasm was a bit disappointing. Either way, i'm having a great time with this game and i imagine that it will do well, as it should, because the production is great and the execution is smooth. I'm looking forward to a long video game franchise here. Let's hope that the movie gets made now.

Kazenji
Not happy with the PAL release for this game gotta wait until fcuken November mad mad

Nemesis X
I hear that the game is short. Exactly how long is this game?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Kazenji
Not happy with the PAL release for this game gotta wait until fcuken November mad mad

Its the people who own a 360 in AUS has to wait until November.

I-Drop
Game looks fun. I'll be getting it from Delaware

Neo Darkhalen
Its the people who own a 360 in AUS has to wait until November.

It's a PlayStation exclusive in the PAL region as well.

Kazenji
Damn Sony getting it exclusive.

Darth Jello
Can the wii version be played with the zapper?
Cuz if not, lame missed opportunity. Can you imagine if the wii version of the game came with a plugin with splitter on it so that you could plugin the nunchuck and a second accessory, specifically a foot pedal so that you can play the game with the zapper controling the character/proton pack and the pedal controlling ghost traps?

Mandrag Ganon
I hear that the game is short. Exactly how long is this game?

I am on the last level, and I've clocked about 11 hours or so...

Kazenji
Is there a difficulty level for the game or is it set to only one ?

Mandrag Ganon
Casual, Experienced or Professional.

Played it on Professional myself, and completely enjoyed it. Beat it earlier today and, I do hope there will be more. My only real problem was that the others would be knocked out too easily. There were times (Like the final battle) where I felt more like the team medic. But beyond that it was really good.

Nemesis X
The last boss fight isn't the one with the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is it?

Kazenji
Not that i've played it but i doubt the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man would be the last boss.

FeelGood
He's an early boss.

Mandrag Ganon
He's in the second level.

Darth Jello
Vigo's in it, right?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Vigo's in it, right? i havent gotten to him yet but his painting is in the ghosbusters office. if you click on it he says crap its funny.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by chomperx9
i havent gotten to him yet but his painting is in the ghosbusters office. if you click on it he says crap its funny.

That's really all the Vigo there is.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
That's really all the Vigo there is. i cant find the damn spider witch. im stuck in a cave with egon and it just goes round and round says to find the spider witch to stop the feeding of the spiders. ive been searching for over an hour there.

ScorchedEarth
When is this out? Or is it already out?

chomperx9
Originally posted by ScorchedEarth
When is this out? Or is it already out? came out on the 16th

Kazenji
Yeah but thats for the PS3 only.

chomperx9
Yeah but thats for the PS3 only. came out on the 360 wii PS2 and PC as well

Kazenji
And meanwhile the rest of the world has to ****en wait.

Mandrag Ganon
i cant find the damn spider witch. im stuck in a cave with egon and it just goes round and round says to find the spider witch to stop the feeding of the spiders. ive been searching for over an hour there.

The PKE meter will lead you to her. She's usually feeding on one of those webbing sacks.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
The PKE meter will lead you to her. She's usually feeding on one of those webbing sacks. yeah i already beat her. now im stuck on draining the black slime in the tunnels. im not sure exactly how to drain the slime.

General Kaliero
yeah i already beat her. now im stuck on draining the black slime in the tunnels. im not sure exactly how to drain the slime.
Use the slime tether to pull the weights on either side of the sluice gate down until they lock into place. Then the black slime will drain from the tunnels.

Nemesis X
Is this game worth spending $60 on or should I get it as a rental?

jinXed by JaNx
It is one of the few games i've bought in the past two years. It was well worth the money for me but i'm a huge Ghostbusters fan. Unless you get aroused by simply looking at a proton pack there is no reason to buy it, just rent it.

chomperx9
Is this game worth spending $60 on or should I get it as a rental? i like it cause i like the weird games for some reason. id rent it 1st

Mandrag Ganon
Is this game worth spending $60 on or should I get it as a rental?

I couldn't call myself a huge Ghostbusters fan, but I do love the movies. And I thought the game was well worth the price I payed for it.

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Use the slime tether to pull the weights on either side of the sluice gate down until they lock into place. Then the black slime will drain from the tunnels.

And then you get to fight the Black Slime Monsters. big grin Took me forever to beat those, because I'd get stuck on debris while backing away, firing slime at them and they'd just take me out with one swipe. mad

chomperx9
now im stuck in the cemetery cant find the main gate to let the guys in. ive bumped into a dead tree thats blocking my path that leads to somwher else but i cant get around it tried moving it with slime tether and tried moving it with the proton gun but doesnt work. dont know if thats the path up ahead for the main gate or not.

Kazenji
Found out the North American 360 version is region free

might have to look into importing it clap

chomperx9
Found out the North American 360 version is region free

might have to look into importing it clap even if its region free its still NTSC the picture format yours is pal you wont get an image on your screen unless you have an ntsc to pal converter

Neo Darkhalen
even if its region free its still NTSC the picture format yours is pal you wont get an image on your screen unless you have an ntsc to pal converter

Funny because all of my imported games work just fine on my xbox without any such converter.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Funny because all of my imported games work just fine on my xbox without any such converter. hmm your lucky you got a tv thats built to support both picture formats.

Kazenji
Hmmmm yeah thats the only problem about owning one of the older tvs it does'nt support the NTSC function.

chomperx9
Hmmmm yeah thats the only problem about owning one of the older tvs it does'nt support the NTSC function. well the newer tvs today in the usa still only support NTSC. unless its a 60hz then it will support pal as well

Impediment
I received this game fro Xmas and I just have to say:

This game was AWESOME!

The graphics were ace, the controls were fluid, the weapons were innovative, and the story, while somewhat recycled and cliche, was good.

The voice acting is my only slight gripe. Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis did an awesome job. Annie Potts, also, did well.

Bill Murray's lines felt too forced, I guess. He just didn't have that magical wit from the first film, in my opinion.

Ernie Hudson, as much as I like his acting, did very poor in this game. His lines and expressions ("Behind you!", "Oh, no!", "Take cover, kid!", etc) were just as bland as can be.

Overall rating: 8.5

If you are a Ghostbusters fan, you will love this game. If not, it's definitely worth a rental, but not a purchase, if you ask me. I'll be messing around with multiplayer this weekend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.