What street leveler would benifit most?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gecko4lif
If a streetleveler were given the following 10 powers who would benifit the most?

1. Healing factor - to deadpool's
2. Venom - From bane
3. Healing touch - From elixer
4. 110% accuracy - Vash from trigun
5. Limited precog - some psychic IDK
6. Super senses - A shit load of heroes but for this one superman
7. Arcane knowledge - Equal to about 1/4th or dooms
8. Steel skin - Collosus
9. Acid Blood - aliens
10. Death sense - death ( can sense when someone is dying or dead)

NiņoAraņa
Any?! What the f**k?

Gecko4lif
Who would benifit the MOST

spetznaz
This thread is actually quite complex. For one, there are many who would benefit, but the question is who would benefit the most. That is quite the intricate question.
Secondly, there are some who would stand to benefit a lot, but who would not accept such enhancements due to their character sets.

E.g. Batman refused to receive enhanced healing from a motherbox and clearly stated that he would heal his own wounds by himself the old fashioned way. Which is indicative that Batman would probably refuse many of these attributes. Yet it is also seen that he does use his mind and technology to enhance himself and give him 'unfair' advantages, like how he has his cowl system uploaded with detailed information of the villains ....or even crooks, as seen in Batman: Hush ....when he is fighting them. E.g., in Hush it could tell him the weak points of even COMMON criminals, like say this guy had healing ribs that indicated that was a good place to punch.

Also, (sticking with Batman), would he want Super senses? Already his senses are extra sharp (to the point where he can detect the motion of a bullet simply from the over-pressure of air ahead of the bullet as it travels, whihc has enabled him to deteck and dodge sniper bullets even when he did not know he was being sniped at). Any sharper (e.g. Superman level) and Batman might actually consider them to be weaknesses ....why ....because he has used Superman's heightened senses as a locus of attack.

What about arcane knowldge. Again, another iffish area for Bruce. He has studied the arcane (he is not a magician or anything, but he knows something of the area ....for instance follow his steps when he was investigating the resurrection of Jason Todd ....he knew where to look). He could go down that path if he wanted to, and he definitely has people who could teach him, but in the same way that he did not opt for the mother box, he would likely not opt for usage of the arcane. Thus scratch Batman the magician.

Limited pre-cog ....one that he might pick. Although with his honed senses one could say that he has some sort of pre-cog. Not at Spiderman's level, and not even at Batgirl's level, but he is trained enough that unless you are Spidey or Batgirl you will not be able to hit him ....even with bullets. Again, think of the sniper attack situation ....while it is not pre-cog in the metaphysical/supernatural/mutate form, he is still being able to know the approach of something.
It reminds me of that phrase about magic ....anything that is technologically advanced to a certain degree is not able to be differentiated from magic (i have paraphrased it).
Same thing here ....while what he does is NOT pre-cog, for the most part it is largely undifferentiable (unless he is facing certain enemies, at whcih point his prep comes into effect ....another saying: the best way to predict the future is to create it, and that is what prep does).

Thus, would Batman really need pre-cog?

110% accuracy. Hmmm ...Batman already has 100% accuracy. His repsect thread has all sorts of crazy sh!t, and there are some that i have that are not even there (i need to buy a scanner). Now, let's assume Bullseye has 120% accuracy, and Daredevil has 110% accuracy, while Batman has 100% accuracy (my numbers ...don't quote me). Now, would it really help Batman IN ANY WAY to have 150% accuracy? Not really ...100% is more than enough! Thus 110% accuracy really does nothing ....with what Batman has ...goodness, even what Robin has ....that is enough for any job required.

Steel skin ...his costume is good enough for him, otherwise he would have invented better stuff (think of what Azrael had, and Batman never co-opted it. By the way, Bruce has no trouble taking what he needs ...e.g. the T-Spheres from Mr Terrific ....yet he never picked up Azrael's suit). Telling.

Acid breath. Woudln't take it, particularly since he already has acid in his belt (check out Batman: Hush).

Healing Touch ...hmmm, who knows. He may, or he may consider it under the file 'do not use mother box.' He is also quite gifted in medicine, whcih is a 'healing touch' in and of itself.

Death sensing. Now, who knows. Batman may not necessarily want it. After all, he seems to stay away from death things ...using them that is. For instance, he is one of a few who knows Shiva's Leopard blow (another who knows the same is Richard Dragon), but Batman does not use it. He knows many lethal moves that he never uses ....Batman could be a better martial artist than he is, since in the same way that Superman always holds back, Batman does the same (should add that to my list of 'DC's in joke on Batman being a peak human list.')

Anyways, i just stuck to Bruce Wayne. I could do the same for a bunch of other people, e.g. Nighthawk, midnighter, Daredevil, Cap America. Some of them would be easier (e.g. Cap already has imbued a serum, thus he probably wouldn't have a moral dilemma taking more), while others would be harder (e.g. the midnighter is already far above peak human ....would doing all of the above help him in any way ....might even DEGRADE him).

Anyways, just my thoughts.

Nice thread BTW.

The question is quite complex.

Gecko4lif
Congratz spetznaz

I took me quite a bit of time to think up this thread. I didnt actually think anybody would understand the depth of it until at least 2 pages.

I take my hat off to you.

Symmetric Chaos
Personally I'd have to go with Taskmaster. Not a lot of people have the training to use so many different powers to good effect.

Hopefully the 1/4Doom intellect will off set a few of his problems.

Steel skin would negate embarrassments like being taken down by someone just because he/she is unpredictable.

110% is of no use since he's supposed to have that already.

PreCog + knowledge of ridiculous numbers of combat styles and the perfect counter for them makes any attempt to use traditional MA against him useless.

Bane's Venom closes the gap in sheer physical ability as well as making any move more deadly.

Not really sure what good Supersense or a Healing touch are.

HF is nice all around.

So, yeah. Taskmaster would own with those powers.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Congratz spetznaz

I took me quite a bit of time to think up this thread. I didnt actually think anybody would understand the depth of it until at least 2 pages.

I take my hat off to you.
Graz'ie.

Gecko4lif
bump

Kutulu
If a streetleveler were given the following 10 powers who would benifit the most?

2. Venom - From bane
8. Steel skin - Collosus
9. Acid Blood - aliens

My vote would be for Punisher. Unlike Batman, Punisher would have no qualms about accepting more power, and he would more fully use this power set than most would, as he is willing to kill if necessary. Many powers on this list could be lethal, so it would be hard for some heroes to use properly.

tjcoady
I don't know about you, but I'd be terrified of Daredevil with those powers.

Kutulu
Originally posted by tjcoady
I don't know about you, but I'd be terrified of Daredevil with those powers.

I thought of Daredevil first, but then I looked at the lethal abilities of those powers and realized that Daredevil wouldn't have the proper mindset to use them to their utmost capabilities. I believe that the characters' mind would determine how best he would use the powers as well as his current abilities. The acid blood for instance would be very lethal.

Terryc250
Reed Richards, super senses, with stretchy steal skin and 110% accuracy = lots of KO's

Metalmanx

2. Venom - From bane
8. Steel skin - Collosus
9. Acid Blood - aliens

Interesting how there is no super-strength listed anywhere here whatsoever. Just hard to imagine all of these powers without super-strength. Interesting.

Gecko4lif
Well if you really look closely look at were i got the healing factor from... Deadpool

Deadpool (like wolverine) can bench 2 tons because of his healing factor.

Low level super strength but super non the less

endrict
Bullseye is my Pick.

endrict
Well if you really look closely look at were i got the healing factor from... Deadpool

Deadpool (like wolverine) can bench 2 tons because of his healing factor.

Low level super strength but super non the less

Not because of his HF, Logan has his Strength because of his Adamantium.

Gecko4lif
It is only partially because of his bones

Badabing

2. Venom - From bane
8. Steel skin - Collosus
9. Acid Blood - aliens

Originally posted by spetznaz
This thread is actually quite complex. For one, there are many who would benefit, but the question is who would benefit the most. That is quite the intricate question.
Secondly, there are some who would stand to benefit a lot, but who would not accept such enhancements due to their character sets.

E.g. Batman refused to receive enhanced healing from a motherbox and clearly stated that he would heal his own wounds by himself the old fashioned way. Which is indicative that Batman would probably refuse many of these attributes. Yet it is also seen that he does use his mind and technology to enhance himself and give him 'unfair' advantages, like how he has his cowl system uploaded with detailed information of the villains ....or even crooks, as seen in Batman: Hush ....when he is fighting them. E.g., in Hush it could tell him the weak points of even COMMON criminals, like say this guy had healing ribs that indicated that was a good place to punch.

Also, (sticking with Batman), would he want Super senses? Already his senses are extra sharp (to the point where he can detect the motion of a bullet simply from the over-pressure of air ahead of the bullet as it travels, whihc has enabled him to deteck and dodge sniper bullets even when he did not know he was being sniped at). Any sharper (e.g. Superman level) and Batman might actually consider them to be weaknesses ....why ....because he has used Superman's heightened senses as a locus of attack.

What about arcane knowldge. Again, another iffish area for Bruce. He has studied the arcane (he is not a magician or anything, but he knows something of the area ....for instance follow his steps when he was investigating the resurrection of Jason Todd ....he knew where to look). He could go down that path if he wanted to, and he definitely has people who could teach him, but in the same way that he did not opt for the mother box, he would likely not opt for usage of the arcane. Thus scratch Batman the magician.

Limited pre-cog ....one that he might pick. Although with his honed senses one could say that he has some sort of pre-cog. Not at Spiderman's level, and not even at Batgirl's level, but he is trained enough that unless you are Spidey or Batgirl you will not be able to hit him ....even with bullets. Again, think of the sniper attack situation ....while it is not pre-cog in the metaphysical/supernatural/mutate form, he is still being able to know the approach of something.
It reminds me of that phrase about magic ....anything that is technologically advanced to a certain degree is not able to be differentiated from magic (i have paraphrased it).
Same thing here ....while what he does is NOT pre-cog, for the most part it is largely undifferentiable (unless he is facing certain enemies, at whcih point his prep comes into effect ....another saying: the best way to predict the future is to create it, and that is what prep does).

Thus, would Batman really need pre-cog?

110% accuracy. Hmmm ...Batman already has 100% accuracy. His repsect thread has all sorts of crazy sh!t, and there are some that i have that are not even there (i need to buy a scanner). Now, let's assume Bullseye has 120% accuracy, and Daredevil has 110% accuracy, while Batman has 100% accuracy (my numbers ...don't quote me). Now, would it really help Batman IN ANY WAY to have 150% accuracy? Not really ...100% is more than enough! Thus 110% accuracy really does nothing ....with what Batman has ...goodness, even what Robin has ....that is enough for any job required.

Steel skin ...his costume is good enough for him, otherwise he would have invented better stuff (think of what Azrael had, and Batman never co-opted it. By the way, Bruce has no trouble taking what he needs ...e.g. the T-Spheres from Mr Terrific ....yet he never picked up Azrael's suit). Telling.

Acid breath. Woudln't take it, particularly since he already has acid in his belt (check out Batman: Hush).

Healing Touch ...hmmm, who knows. He may, or he may consider it under the file 'do not use mother box.' He is also quite gifted in medicine, whcih is a 'healing touch' in and of itself.

Death sensing. Now, who knows. Batman may not necessarily want it. After all, he seems to stay away from death things ...using them that is. For instance, he is one of a few who knows Shiva's Leopard blow (another who knows the same is Richard Dragon), but Batman does not use it. He knows many lethal moves that he never uses ....Batman could be a better martial artist than he is, since in the same way that Superman always holds back, Batman does the same (should add that to my list of 'DC's in joke on Batman being a peak human list.')

Anyways, i just stuck to Bruce Wayne. I could do the same for a bunch of other people, e.g. Nighthawk, midnighter, Daredevil, Cap America. Some of them would be easier (e.g. Cap already has imbued a serum, thus he probably wouldn't have a moral dilemma taking more), while others would be harder (e.g. the midnighter is already far above peak human ....would doing all of the above help him in any way ....might even DEGRADE him).

Anyways, just my thoughts.

Nice thread BTW.

The question is quite complex. Well, I wanted to say Batman but Spetznaz got here first had to be all thorough and descriptive. He's just a....a....A THINGS RUINER! mad stick out tongue

Batman.
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Interesting how there is no super-strength listed anywhere here whatsoever. Just hard to imagine all of these powers without super-strength. Interesting. The Venom from Bane = super strength. Good to see you on KMC.

SwindlingSmurph
Iron Fist or Bullseye.

IF already has some of those, but he tires out from his own power usage, so it'd still be helpful.

Soljer
Midnighter or Deathstroke if you consider them street level.

Otherwise, Iron Fist or Bullseye are definitely good picks.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Soljer
Midnighter or Deathstroke if you consider them street level.

Otherwise, Iron Fist or Bullseye are definitely good picks.
Cant say im famillar with midnighter

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Badabing
The Venom from Bane = super strength. Good to see you on KMC.

...Wow. Did I REALLY miss that?

God. I'm not usually THAT non-observant. My apologies, Gecko.

I think it's pretty safe to say that it's been a LONG time since I've been here, haha. stick out tongue

Mr. Slippyfist
In spite of Spetnaz's long winded post... Batman benefits most... shifty

spetznaz
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
In spite of Spetnaz's long winded post... Batman benefits most... shifty

In that case a shorter response for you smile

For one, Batman wouldn't accept most of those upgrades based on his character traits.
Secondly, he already has access to over half of them (almost all of them, actually) in the form of analogues (e.g., he may not have a 'healing touch elixir,' but he has access to Lazarus Pit whcih is, in essence, a HIGH LEVEL 'healing touch elixir' only that you don't drink it but submerge yourself in it (once even had one in the BC), he has easy access to Venom if he wanted to (can replicate it), his accuracy is at 100% (an extra 10% on top of that is like adding a spare tire to a Ferrari Enzo), etc etc etc.
Thirdly there are other characters who would not only benefit more from the above list, but would actually be more than willing to use it.

E.g.: Take Captain America's Super-soldier Serum. Say Batman was offered ....would he drink it?
Simple answer: No.
Why?
Because the major advantage it would give him is unending endurance (he would no longer build up fatigue poisons, thus he would never get tired). Already Batman is able to go on for a long time without tiring, but KnightFall did show that it is possible to take the guy on for so long that he starts breaking down physically and mentally (although, to Batman's credit, what Bane did went on for a number of weeks). Captain America would have been largely immune to such an approach.
However, all the other advantages that would be brought about by the SSS would be largely useless ....because bruce ALREADY has them.

Thus in such a case there would be others who would benefit far more from the above serum.

Same thing with this thread. People like the Huntress in DC and Black Widow in Marvel would benefit far more from Gecko's list than people like Batman.

Mr. Slippyfist
In that case a shorter response for you smile I read your post when it was first written... embarrasment

Otherwise I don't think I would have known your post was about Batman.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
I read your post when it was first written... embarrasment

Otherwise I don't think I would have known your post was about Batman.

Uhm ....I was not talking about that. The shorter response part of the comment was in response to the 'long winded post' comment.

I was not taking a rub at you.

Gecko4lif
bump

Battlehammer
In that case a shorter response for you smile

For one, Batman wouldn't accept most of those upgrades based on his character traits.
Secondly, he already has access to over half of them (almost all of them, actually) in the form of analogues (e.g., he may not have a 'healing touch elixir,' but he has access to Lazarus Pit whcih is, in essence, a HIGH LEVEL 'healing touch elixir' only that you don't drink it but submerge yourself in it (once even had one in the BC), he has easy access to Venom if he wanted to (can replicate it), his accuracy is at 100% (an extra 10% on top of that is like adding a spare tire to a Ferrari Enzo), etc etc etc.
Thirdly there are other characters who would not only benefit more from the above list, but would actually be more than willing to use it.

E.g.: Take Captain America's Super-soldier Serum. Say Batman was offered ....would he drink it?
Simple answer: No.
Why?
Because the major advantage it would give him is unending endurance (he would no longer build up fatigue poisons, thus he would never get tired). Already Batman is able to go on for a long time without tiring, but KnightFall did show that it is possible to take the guy on for so long that he starts breaking down physically and mentally (although, to Batman's credit, what Bane did went on for a number of weeks). Captain America would have been largely immune to such an approach.
However, all the other advantages that would be brought about by the SSS would be largely useless ....because bruce ALREADY has them.

Thus in such a case there would be others who would benefit far more from the above serum.

Same thing with this thread. People like the Huntress in DC and Black Widow in Marvel would benefit far more from Gecko's list than people like Batman.
BW us already peak-human the serum would be useless to here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.