ROTS novel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xxxpoppunker182
K so around KMC i've seen that some people quote the ROTS novel to support their debates as a good canon source but then i've also seen people say things about the ROTS novel along the lines of this, "Ya the same book that overpowered so and so" or , " the same book that said anakin rocked mace" has anyone else noticed this?

what parts of the ROTS novel are canon and which parts aren't cause as i understand it G-canon is whatever lucas says and whatever the movie portray and then the next level of cannonocity i=are the books and then it goes to comics and wizards of the coast. please correct me if i'm wrong.

truejedi
well, i've never heard Lucas contradict anything from the book, so the way i see it is that it is pretty much cannon. The death of windu happens exactly the same way in the book that it does in the movie in regards to anakin, he surprises mace by cutting off his hand, and then palpatine blasts him....
what contradiction? another one of those people that believe mace didn't really beat palpatine?

Darth Hord
The books are canon and as long as they don't contradict the movie then what is in them is canon. In the ROTS novel for example they have Sidious decapitating Kit Fitso rather than be stabbed or slashed in the movie.Whichof course overwrites the novel. The ROTS book also tries to describe what the characters feel and how certain things happen that we don't see in the movie for instance I believe the book states how Sidious all of a sudden is disarmed in his fight with Yoda yet we do not see it in the move because all we see is him using his lightsaber than he is chucking senate pods. It is something like that anyway.

Gideon
Here's now the canon hierarchy goes: Lucas > movies > movie novelizations and screenplays > everything else. As Darth Hord explained, the novelization takes the latitude to alter certain events from the movie for dramatic uses; Darth Sidious decapitated Kit Fisto in the novelization but was simply fatally slashed in the chest in the movie. In that situation, the movie takes precedence and overrules the book. However, the novelization is can be used as a source of narrative, inner thoughts, and dialogue. Quotes that are not used in the movie aren't necessarily non-canon so long as they do not contradict Lucas or the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.