The Defenders vs the Thor Corps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old-Wizard.com
The Hulk
Dr. Strange
Silver Surfer
Namor

vs

Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Thunderstrike (Eric Masterson)

Galan007
Team 1 -- This seems a tad lop-sided, imo.

guy222
defenders

Old-Wizard.com
Not necessarily.

The new Thor I'd say is far more powerful than the Hulk. Beta Ray Bill has beaten Thor twice (even before he got his own hammer) so he would be a match for the SS. (Thor has beaten the Surfer).

For an idea of how powerful Bill is, pick up the Stormbreaker saga. he held his own against a herald of galactus.

Thor has also beaten Namor easily a number of times.

Thunderstrike is the weak link of the Thor corps though.

Old-Wizard.com
I meant baseline Hulk in the above comment.

Tenebrous
You have forgotten about Dr. Strange.

Gecko4lif
THis fight is really

Dr.Strange vs 3 thors

Strange loses

He is powerful but unless this is lusted his heart is in it... then his heart gets ripped out

tjcoady
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
THis fight is really

Dr.Strange vs 3 thors

Strange loses

He is powerful but unless this is lusted his heart is in it... then his heart gets ripped out

If I forgot that Namor and the Hulk have given Thor a hard fight (and beaten him, and if I forgot that the Silver Surfer is one of the core Defenders (who can take Thor himself), then I'd agree with you.

There's also the fact that Thunderstrike is not as powerful or experienced as standard Thor.

The Surfer can take out Thunderstrike, Hulk and Namor combined can take out Beta Ray Bill, and Defenders-era Strange can take out Thor.

Where's Siegfried?

Mr. Slippyfist
Surfer vs Thor
Beta vs Strange
Hulk/Namor vs Masterson

Defenders win...

Wait... where's Dargo?

It's not a "Thor Corps" without that little pussy.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Surfer vs Thor
Beta vs Strange
Hulk/Namor vs Masterson

Defenders win...

Wait... where's Dargo?

It's not a "Thor Corps" without that little pussy.

I always liked him. He looks so damn EXCITED to be on the cover of Thor Corps 1.

rougeredmage
or how about thor girl was she a member of the thor corps or perhaps add some other asguardian element to the mixture?

Sundipped
Defenders win.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
THis fight is really

Dr.Strange vs 3 thors

Strange loses

laughing

Defenders for the win.

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by tjcoady
If I forgot that Namor and the Hulk have given Thor a hard fight (and beaten him, and if I forgot that the Silver Surfer is one of the core Defenders (who can take Thor himself), then I'd agree with you.

There's also the fact that Thunderstrike is not as powerful or experienced as standard Thor.

The Surfer can take out Thunderstrike, Hulk and Namor combined can take out Beta Ray Bill, and Defenders-era Strange can take out Thor.

Where's Siegfried?

Honestly, I don't think Strange would be able to take out Thor. I can't see that ever happening.

Surfer can definately take out Thunderstrike though(But keep in mind, its not as easy as you think...he did take out Gladiator). Beta Ray Bill would demolish Namor. The Hulk is a wild card, but I think Thor and Bill together take him out and whatever's left of the surfer.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
Honestly, I don't think Strange would be able to take out Thor. I can't see that ever happening.

Surfer can definately take out Thunderstrike though(But keep in mind, its not as easy as you think...he did take out Gladiator). Beta Ray Bill would demolish Namor. The Hulk is a wild card, but I think Thor and Bill together take him out and whatever's left of the surfer.

Strange has taken out Thor.

Old-Wizard.com
Strange has taken out Thor.

Not familar with that comic. Can you explain what happened? (Which Thor also btw)?

Gecko4lif

Bill would rape hulk (literally)

He was strong enough to atmosphere bfr BEFORE he got enchanted

tjcoady
Not familar with that comic. Can you explain what happened? (Which Thor also btw)?

I can't find the exact comic I'm looking for- but if we're discussing the Defenders era Doctor Strange, it's a vastly different character than the current one. Have you read any old-school Defenders? Check out the Dr. Strange thread, it's fascinating.

Some examples of Strange's power relating to Asgardians:

steals Thor's hammer

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strangethor9oa.jpg

Thor was having an incredible amount of problems dealing with one of these Frost Giants. Strange defeats all of them with a 'minor spell'

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor50018dv9.jpg

oh, and here's Strange sh*t talking to Thor smile

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorvikings3p05hg6kk.jpg

there's a specific fight I'm looking for too

Mr. Slippyfist
I can't find the exact comic I'm looking for- but if we're discussing the Defenders era Doctor Strange, it's a vastly different character than the current one. Have you read any old-school Defenders? Check out the Dr. Strange thread, it's fascinating.

Some examples of Strange's power relating to Asgardians:

steals Thor's hammer

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strangethor9oa.jpg

Thor was having an incredible amount of problems dealing with one of these Frost Giants. Strange defeats all of them with a 'minor spell'

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor50018dv9.jpg

oh, and here's Strange sh*t talking to Thor smile

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorvikings3p05hg6kk.jpg

there's a specific fight I'm looking for too laughing out loud
I forget where the hammer spell comes from, but it looks like Loki, or something Strange won't regularly do... or couldn't.

And the shit talking is some of the biggest overrated shit on this forum.
Strange a page earlier said that he would have gotten his ass kicked the same way Thor did. As for him handling the magic... Thor isn't a sorcerer, so I can hardly see why that's even relevant.

tjcoady
laughing out loud
I forget where the hammer spell comes from, but it looks like Loki, or something Strange won't regularly do... or couldn't.

And the shit talking is some of the biggest overrated shit on this forum.
Strange a page earlier said that he would have gotten his ass kicked the same way Thor did. As for him handling the magic... Thor isn't a sorcerer, so I can hardly see why that's even relevant.

The Loki thing indicates that it's something Strange wouldn't normally do, but there is no reason at all why it would be difficult for him. He was tricked by Loki into believing Thor was an enemy.

And the shit talking thing is just for fun. I've always enjoyed Doctor Strange talking about "what the kids say." It's not meant to be conclusive proof of anything other than that Doctor Strange is a badass.

Mr. Slippyfist
The Loki thing indicates that it's something Strange wouldn't normally do, but there is no reason at all why it would be difficult for him. He was tricked by Loki into believing Thor was an enemy.

And the shit talking thing is just for fun. I've always enjoyed Doctor Strange talking about "what the kids say." It's not meant to be conclusive proof of anything other than that Doctor Strange is a badass. It looks like if he did it, then it was with a cauldron...

He looks like a pussy if you show the previous page...

tjcoady
It looks like if he did it, then it was with a cauldron...

He looks like a pussy if you show the previous page...

now I'm actually curious to whether or not the majority of this forum believes Doctor Strange would be beaten by Thor.

Mr. Slippyfist
now I'm actually curious to whether or not the majority of this forum believes Doctor Strange would be beaten by Thor. I just want to see when Dr Strange has beaten Thor fairly...

To be honest... I can't see Strange beating him. erm
I know Strange has fiddled with the hammer (ala respect thread), but Dr Strange doesn't have the time in the middle of a fight, and I have no context behind those scenes.

Plus, unlike Huc, Thor has protection from blasts and stuff.

llagrok
Strange makes all the difference.

Defenders.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.