Greatest Marvel Mutant Potential?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultra Omega
Who, in your opinion, possess the greatest Mutant Potential? Include Earthbound Human Mutants only.

Soljer
The omega mutants. Duh?

Violent2Dope
Any Omega level, durz.

Mr. Slippyfist
Sabertooth.

DigiMark007
Besides Storm?

Wouldn't Franklin Richards win this by default though? Potentially on par with Celestials...

Darth Macabre
Sammy the squid boy.

Photon009
Franklin Richards wins this easily.

SwindlingSmurph
Squirrel Girl wins this, easy.

Ultra Omega
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Any Omega level, durz.

Originally posted by Soljer
The omega mutants. Duh?

Be specific? Duh?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Sammy the squid boy. laughing out loud

Alfheim
Wolverine....I mean Franklin Richards.

tjcoady
Tefe Holland.

Ultra Omega
Well, you have Jean Grey, who was essentially The Phoenix Force Reborn into Human Form, as the "Ultimate Mutation."

Rachel Summers, being her daughter, essentially possesses the same relationship with the Phoenix Force, and the same level of power and potential.

When Nate Grey came to Earth, his Psionic Energy was the most powerful that Xavier had ever sensed. So powerful, his body could barely contain it.

Cable possesses the same potential as X-Man.

The Celestials acknowledge Franklin Richards as the ultimate creation and end result of their experiments on Earth.

Hyperstorm, being the offspring of both Rachel Summers and Franklin Richards, would logically possess extraordinary potential. In one Universe, he was estimated at being at a level of power of that of Magneto, Xavier, and the Phoenix Force combined.

Apocalypse could very well possess the very same techno-organic virus that Cable does, yet his power is still phenomenal.

Proteus was suggested as being possibly the most powerful being in Creation, and possessed the power to destroy the entire Omniverse.

Legion possessed 10 times the psionic power that Xavier did.

Jaspers and Braddock have displayed phenomenal abilities with their mutant powers.

I feel the above deserve major props.

Soljer
Originally posted by Ultra Omega
Be specific? Duh?

You asked for the greatest potential. All the omega mutants share the same amount of potential.

srankmissingnin
Mangeto. Pro X said that potentially Magneto > the Phoenix Force.

willRules
Darwin for the win rock

If not, does the Phoenix force count?

Soljer
Originally posted by willRules
Darwin for the win rock

If not, does the Phoenix force count?

Darwin had to BFR himself to survive against World War Hulk. no expression.

ExodusCloak

And we haven't seen him since stick out tongue

lando005
a better question would be which mutation will be the final mutation. Mutants have alway been described as an experiment by nature to see what would best benefit mankind, so it is only logical to say that nature will settle on a single mutation for man to be the next evolutionary step

Priest
Who, in your opinion, possess the greatest Mutant Potential? Include Earthbound Human Mutants only.
1) Storm
2) Madd Jim Jaspers

SwindlingSmurph
Anyways, you can't be > Unlimited potential, so, as was stated, any Omega mutant.

Or, more correctly, Squirrel Girl.

Battlehammer
that was one dumb cop out. They just dident want darwin ****ing hulks shit up. stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
MrImmortal. In the end he'll have tech from trillions of years in the future and equivalent experience.

Originally posted by Battlehammer
that was one dumb cop out. They just dident want darwin ****ing hulks shit up. stick out tongue

Didn't something like that happen when NemesisKid met Validus?

manjaro
its obvious that confirmed omegas and those who are obviously omegas but not "officially" confirmed on panel should be excluded. thats just me but my person of choice is cyclops. why? becuz he's one of those weak willed f ****ers who is afraid of his own powers. i want to see him pull a joseph and let loose. cuz for years we've been hearing how much power he has stored up in him, and how he only uses a mere fraction of his powers but we havent seen what he can truly do

Creshosk
What kind of potential? Power potential? Potential to be an interesting story? Potential to have more fanboys?

Potential to do what?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
MrImmortal. In the end he'll have tech from trillions of years in the future and equivalent experience.

Mr. Immortals not Homo superior stick out tongue

Well, you have Jean Grey, who was essentially The Phoenix Force Reborn into Human Form, as the "Ultimate Mutation."

I don't understand how people have come to that conclusion by reading Morrisons run. In the re-cap pages of Morrisons run we have the PF being refered to as a separate cosmic entity and Jean its host.
Then we have one off hand comment by Beast in the Here Comes Tommorrow Arc where he calls the PF the Ultimate Mutation which could mean the same thing that X-Men Forever was talking about eg Human Kind having the potential to ascend and become abtracts. Then we have Phoenix Endsong where we have a lot of convolution eg Emma tells the Force that it's not Jean its confused becomes it assimilated her memories...then at the end of the mini-series we have Jean say to the force that you and I are one. Then to take it even further in Warsong we have even more convolution over the same topic.
In Classic X-Men #7 the Force was refered to as a separate entity. Gah...so confusing...

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by SwindlingSmurph
Anyways, you can't be > Unlimited potential, so, as was stated, any Omega mutant.

Or, more correctly, Squirrel Girl.
Double unlimited potential. So... yeah, Squirrel Girl. And her terrifying go-kart thing.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Mangeto. Pro X said that potentially Magneto > the Phoenix Force.
That would be hilarious of that came true.

Creshosk
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

I don't understand how people have come to that conclusion by reading Morrisons run. In the re-cap pages of Morrisons run we have the PF being refered to as a separate cosmic entity and Jean its host.
Then we have one off hand comment by Beast in the Here Comes Tommorrow Arc where he calls the PF the Ultimate Mutation which could mean the same thing that X-Men Forever was talking about eg Human Kind having the potential to ascend and become abtracts. Then we have Phoenix Endsong where we have a lot of convolution eg Emma tells the Force that it's not Jean its confused becomes it assimilated her memories...then at the end of the mini-series we have Jean say to the force that you and I are one. Then to take it even further in Warsong we have even more convolution over the same topic.
In Classic X-Men #7 the Force was refered to as a separate entity. Gah...so confusing... It seems that the force and its hosts are actually seperate and that the whole being one is either hyperbole or metaphorical.

The force seems really ignorant, or it doesn't impart any of its knowledge on its host... or potentially both.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Creshosk
It seems that the force and its hosts are actually seperate and that the whole being one is either hyperbole or metaphorical.

The force seems really ignorant, or it doesn't impart any of its knowledge on its host... or potentially both.

True and I like you explanation stick out tongue

Creshosk
True and I like you explanation stick out tongue IT's one of the things that seperated me from GS.. but because I made alot of the same arguments GS did I was veiwed as GS lite.

In otherwords, people ;like to associate things by comparing them to other things. Its the way the human mind works. We can only precieve ourselves as individuals when we have a society to be invidudualized from. "Me" compared to them. And how we even manuver, "My location compared to the environment around me." Thusly they like to take the "we are one" speech literally. when it never really held any consistency to them being one and always seemed that they were not.

So what do we have stating that they are one? Pretty speech. What do we have that they're seperate? ignorance on the part of the host(or possibly the force), not knowing its own nature when Rachel faced galactus. Jean having to be told things by other hosts in the White Hot Room. and ignorance on the part of the host: Not recognizing Jean.

Certainly if the hosts were one with the force the information once collected by one hot would instantly be imparted on the other hosts.

celestialdemon

He was stated as being Homo supreme, wasn't he?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by celestialdemon
He was stated as being Homo supreme, wasn't he?

Yep, Homo supreme so he's not a mutant in the Homo superior sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.